Ascena Retail Group

• Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Stable Retail Position

I wish the store I worked in lived the talk the corporate environment provided. I left the company because the manager and district manager continued to schedule me overtime hours and ignored my request for earned time off. I also suffered verbally abusive treatment from the manager. The manager was fired shortly after I left and the district manager was also replaced. I reapplied to work for a different manager and was denied reentry into the company.

Pros

Full time work, store discounts, health care benefits

Cons

overworked, demeaned

Rampant Nepotism

AVP had an anger management problem. Work was engaging and rewarding, but I’d never go back to working for the AVP. The company provided mediocre benefits when I worked there.

Welcoming

Nice Management ,kind and motivational environment.Serveral benefits with potential of job description to work to other types of jobs within organization,job postings ,clean climate controlled environment,security and safe place.

Pros

Climate control safety

Plenty of overtime available, benefits, and cafeteria

Overtime, benefits, make a lot of money, learn different positions. Paid time off, sick pay, point system. They have a cafeteria, free fountain pop, & water. Many people return to work there again if they leave. Can be hard on you physically depending on the job you may be doing.

Pros

plenty of overtime = good money!

Cons

mandatory overtime, sometimes on short notice, might be a problem for people who have kids with child care

Good environment

Enjoy my work. Good benefits and paid time off. Work hard and get bonus. Are able to cross train to other departments. When it’s slow have the option to go home. Overall it’s a happy work environment.

Pros

Get your lunch and breaks. Opportunity for bonus check.

Cons

Have to work every day during peak time which is from November until January.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Fast paced job.

Picking in my opinion requires way too much walking. I tried different shoes and still was limping out of there at the end of the day with blisters on my feet. They want you to hit certain numbers which are almost impossible to do unless you’re running through the aisles. Packing was the best part of the job but you rarely get to do it. The best part was the fact that they play music all day.

Pros

Hours, and benefits.

Cons

Too much walking, not much leadership.

Easy Job, but long days

I started in 2018 and left in 2020. It was an easy job but the days could be long. Once covid started we went from reduced hours and still getting paid for 40 hours. To Working 6-7 days a week and mandatory weekends. The paycheck was nice but it completely drained me of energy and my social life.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Overworked and not paid enough

I worked at LOFT where I was overworked and not paid enough. The majority of my managers were not trained well enough. Only good thing is that you have Thanksgiving and Christmas off when working for this company.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

overworked, pay

People were really nice

I got along with everyone at the company. They gave great pay and opportunities to work extra hours.

Good

Notnto bad pays pretty good. Company slowing going downhill. They filed for bankruptcy so thats a little sketchy. But overall good job for the area of greencastle

A good company that made changes that didn't fit my future

The job is decent, I did not approve of the more recent changes. Management was decent, but if they didn't like you or what you were doing for whatever reason some of them were less than friendly which often times did make the job stressful. I cannot say that for everybody because there are a lot of very decent people there. Personally changes in my life did not coincide with the changes the company was making but I would still recommend this job to anybody

Pros

Fairly easy job with decent benefits

Cons

Select few disrespectful people, short notice overtime

Long hours but good pay great timing on breaks

Hours can be long but if they are low on stuff they will give people the opportunity to leave early called vto where you can still get paid if you have and hours availability which is a nice break sometime or if you choose you can dollhouse with no pay if you prefer to save that paid time off for another time or occasion. You have to keep busy and get a certain amount of work done in a certain time frame high paced but not so bad you feel like ya can’t keep up.

Pros

Good amount of lunch and breaks time, perfect times breaks for the amount of hours worked a day great pay

Cons

Sometimes the amount of days/ hours can be long and tiring

Decent place to work

I work primarily in retail/packing and there are pros and cons. The work itself isn't bad and I don't usually have trouble hitting my numbers. The issue though is that often times there are too many people working and not enough work. Some areas are consistent throughout the day and then others just have small amounts of work and when you run out you have a hard time finding another spot to work in. Certain people will also get pushy and you have to stand your ground sometimes because they will test you. So if you are a retail person, get there at least 20 minutes early and choose an area where there is a ton of work.

Pros

Pay/benefits, bosses are cool most of the time

Cons

Rude people, fighting over work, work not evenly distributed in the bays

It was like living at work

They over work you and it feels like you live at work. They have good pay but poor management and the point system is ridiculous even with a doctors note they would still point you.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Overwork you

Just a decent job

Another place where management is an issue. Many are often wondering how some of the people in leadership roles even got their position.Not to mention, during this Pandemic, they only gave Leads + a $5 raise. Which is extremely unfair to the Advanced Associates who do way more work on the floor.

Pros

General pay is okay

Cons

Unfair at times, favoritism, management, schedule

Good but boring

They pay okay, better after 5pm. The building is very nice and very clean. It isn’t stressful they aren’t pushing you like other distribution centers. You don’t really see the supervisors and no one talks to each other. As a picker I think it’s incredibly boring but I got to choose my shift so that was nice. They have a gym and a room with like ping pong and things like that. The cafe is nice

Pros

On-site gym, flexible hours

Cons

Biweekly pay, boring

Productive, Good people to work with.

I have nothing to dislike about this company. I loved it, everything went okay, I loved the job. Would for sure go back. The pay was also good, I got paid $9 per hour as a beginner and learned a lot new things.

Very annoying and tiring job

I think this job sucks towards their associates. I was in a sever car accident last year in February 2019 and was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months being on life support for 2 of those months and then was relearning how to do everyday things after having brain damage and they fired me and didn’t give me any of my benefits like they were supposed to.

Great place to grow!

The company has many benefits... work life balance, opportunities to grow within the company. The company provides training when requested. Management cares about the employees.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Ascena needs to offer part time.

I actually like working at Ascena. I only need supplement income though and think Ascena should offer people part time if that's all they want. They would keep more employees and would keep that job forever.

Pros

Weekly pay.

Cons

10 hours is way too long!

Nice people

This place gave me more migraines and poor management other than that no complaints. there is a full cafeteria, 2-15 min breaks and 30 min lunch. They are very understanding if you have health issues and will work with you. Different shifts which are nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascena Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ascena Retail Group.
Powered byComparably