Ascena Employee Reviews

Head manager unwilling to accommodate for injuries
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 18, 2019
The manager at the store I worked for would not accommodate for the ankle brace I had to wear to work. I had to wear shoes that weren’t their brand and I was sent home without pay. Expected to buy two entirely new wardrobes after working there for 4 day. Barely two weeks in and missed first payday and I still didn’t have the money two buy the wardrobes and was sent home because of it (shoes for the ankle brace). I have no money and since I wasn’t added to payroll before payday so it’s been two weeks without pay and without the pay I can’t buy the new wardrobes and shoes. I wasn’t told about the dress code until my training was over and was expected to have the new wardrobes by then.
Cons
Short breaks. Non-accommodating manager.
Good pay,good hours, okay management
Unit Processor (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 11, 2019
Azucena is a great place to work, one of my favorites. My problem is that the management was kind of subpar to the rest of the company. The communication wasn't very effective between employees and management. I would definitely work there again if possible, but I really would want to go to an area where I'm on my own because it's less complicated on your own. Especially with rumors that surge around like a high school girl's locker room.
Pros
Good pay, free drinks, good hours.
Cons
Weak communication, rumors.
it is okay bu needs work
UNIT PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INDecember 3, 2018
needs better management and work with restrictions. other wise its a good job and you have a peak season that will work your butt off and make killer money.
Pros
great cafe
Cons
terrible management
Ascena
Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHNovember 8, 2018
Great company overall. Upper management is great but not so much on the lower end. They like to promote within but it is a little harder for contractors to get hired on full time.
Pros
Pay, outings, co workers
Cons
Contract to hire
Team environment!
Part Time Sales Associate Lane Bryant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 19, 2018
Best management I have ever had. Tons of support for work/life balance. Very organized and inviting. Inclusive environment. Each shift I learn something and am supported.
Pros
Everything positive!
Cons
No Cons!
productive
unit proccesor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 13, 2018
a typical work day starts with stretching and then supervisor telling us what we can do better with. we get straight to work mostly going to where the ork is and sending slow people to help you get it done or no one at all. managements sits in there office all day and comes out at end of shift.
Pros
high five cards
Cons
short breaks, small breakroom thats for all departments
Is great to work in Ascena, friendly employees & Supervisors, great experience
Packer/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92508June 28, 2018
Friendly lead, position were easy but have to work in fast paced. Just enjoy packing clothing and accessories, labeling, taped boxes. Do computer work Microsoft & Word.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
A great place to work
Store Manager - a Woman's Clothing Retailer (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJ, Clifton, NJApril 14, 2018
My experience was the best. I had great support and wonderful relationships with my supervisors, peers and associates. The executive team was approachable and supportive. They listened to our concerns and valued each voice and suggestion.
I was reluctant to leave, my resignation was due to personal decisions.
Pros
Great training and support system
Cons
Payroll deficiency
work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INApril 2, 2018
what I learned people I worked with good job atmosphere was good, had fun working with everyone. like the hours I worked. everybody helped everyone to get the job done.
Pros
3 to 4 days a week
Fast paced, clean and friendly
Sorter associate (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, IN 46135February 19, 2018
Ascena is a fast paced distribution center; They provide a number of perks for their employees; excellent cafeteria, a work-out gym and game room. Friendly and helpful management and HR, department provide training and information. New job posting give Opportunity to work in different departments. It can be very challenging physically at first with the fast pace, lifting and long hours, but your body adjust. I liked knowing that I might be sent to a different department for a day or even a few hours because the work can be redundant but Over all a nice place to work.
Pros
longer breaks
Cons
Decent place but could be better
Picker (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INFebruary 3, 2018
Ascena isn't too bad a company to work for. Management needs fine tuning, most don't seem to know what they are doing and needs better communication between its departments and people.

Job hours are usually good with decent pay but after peak season it drops off pretty bad which screws with your hours that results in lower paychecks. Too many snitches and druggies work there. Training could be better as well. They are too quick to write you up instead of trying to help.
Pros
Good pay, Decent hours
Cons
Low work after peak, bad communication
Simple but productive work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 6, 2018
The job as a warehouse associate was physically demanding if you wanted to be noticed but well worth it in financial compensation. The management was effective and the jobs were fairly simple.
Amazing place to work
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INDecember 6, 2017
YOu don't want a job that does not get anything done. AScena makes you work fro your nice paycheck and rewards you for it. excellent numbers is excellent news.
Pros
amazing pay
Cons
work alot
Growing business always hiring
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INAugust 3, 2017
For being a Loss Prevention Officer it's pretty good pay. The associates that work in the Fullfillment Center also make pretty good money and room for advancement. The company has been around for years and will be around for years to come. Supervisor is easy to get along with and caring of personal needs and time off. The work load is pretty manageable throughout the facility.
Pros
Most people are friendly, free drinks everyday, sometimes free food, If you have the time you are allowed to take time off when needed
Cons
In my department there's no room for advancement
Good company, workplace/life balance and training programs offerred online
Regional Admin Assistant to Regional Manager/AVP (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MA satellite officeJune 26, 2017
I was a Corporate office employee working in the field. Flexible hours and company offers discounts at all divisions and online training. Good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Currently downsizing
stressful place with a few breaks
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHMay 10, 2017
Not a good place to balance out life with work. It is an environment that makes people want to take a few days off, regardless of the situation a person is facing financially.
Pros
4 days a week
Cons
short breaks with stress on the body
Ascena
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Genesee Valley Mall, Flint, MIMarch 6, 2017
Great place to work! Worked for both Justice and Maurices and loved them both!

I would still be there if there had been an opening for the next step in advancement!
terrible
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INFebruary 8, 2017
You do not have set hours one day you might work two hours the next day 12 hours and you are always in a diferent dept.one day you are a sorter the next a packer the next building boxes
Pros
Cons
all
Demanding hours and Poorly managed
Seasonal/ Active Picker (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJanuary 20, 2017
Great pay but very demanding hours during peak time, Upper management seems incompetent when making changes to meet the needs of the business and when applying changes to work procedures. However the Department ans shift supervisors on the work floor are amazing, it would be a better more efficient work environment if upper management would listen to the employees on the floor.
Good hours when work is available, adequate break time and lunch
Case Handler (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHSeptember 21, 2016
*Immediate management was not qualified.
*Did not have steady flow of work or hours.
*Good health benefits.
*Good co-workers, mostly capable individuals.
*Good training on equipment, including Pallet Jack, Fork Lift, Stock Picker
*Difficult to troubleshoot issues with the system itself and machinery malfunctioning.
Pros
work 4 10hr shifts and off for the weekend
Cons
low volume of work and hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascena. Our community is ready to answer.