Ascend Hospice Employee Reviews

Understaffed, Unsupported, and Unmanageable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2018
Rough place to work. Just a revolving door of unsatisfied and disgruntled employees.
Could have potential with the right management and attention to employee comments/suggestions/concerns.
brief period spent with this company
RN/Case Manager Ascend Hospice (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 5, 2018
not enough time spent with this company to give a good review, Company is in New Jersey and I prefer not to have to cross the bridge everyday to go to work
Amazing opportunity!
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2018
As with every job there's many pros and cons. Not job is perfect. Ascend has offered me a lot of opportunities to grow. Management has always worked great to try to help with anything needed and other staff has been amazing in helping with the care of patients. I didn't give 5's simply because no place is perfect. However I would highly recomed this company to anyone.
Pros
Good pay, helpful coworkers, well knowledge nurses and managment
Cons
Lots of driving, possible long hours, unpredictable days
Not Medicare Compliant
Weekend On-Call Hospice RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2018
Watch yourself with this company. They cut corners with charting and the medical director does not work well with others. Makes it difficult to do your job well.
Pros
Very friendly coworkers, puts patients first
Cons
Untimely charting, poor work-life balance, unable to get common Rx from HMD, unorganized
review
Community Education Liaison (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 21, 2018
not a nice place to work, mean managers, very dis organized place- happy to have found another job. Rn where very good and kind people. Management was not good
Stressful place
Clinical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJMay 5, 2018
Enjoyed the work and my coworkers. Even though it as a stressful place to work with no room for advancement. Not much support and way to much drama in an office.
I have no comment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJApril 22, 2018
I would rather forget about the time I spent there. I will never forget the patients or the families, as there were amazing. However, the management is awful.
not something i would recommend
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Rahway, NJApril 4, 2018
managers are incredibly cut throat and lack of compassion for staff and patients. Whenever you ask for time off they always try to deny and come up with excuses to not let you take them.
Enjoy the work and my co-workers.
Clinical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJFebruary 20, 2018
My typical day at work consists of answering phones, processing admissions, ordering DME supplies. Assisting customers and coworkers in any way I can.
Worst Management
Community Education Liaison (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Executive Director is absolutely clueless! The company has no structure or advancement opportunities. There is constant turnover and unneeded pressure put on. All that matters to Upper management is their census. They pretend to be caring individuals, but in real retrospect it’s a quantitative position. The company needs find better management and structure. It’s constant drama between the executive director, the nursing director, and corporate.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, environment, corporate, structure
solid place to work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJOctober 12, 2017
ascend allowed for a flexible schedule.. there is good work/home balance. The downfall of ascend is that within less than a year there was a constant turnover in the management (3 managers in less than 1 year,, and 2 director of clinical services in less than 1 year.
Dont believe the scheduled hours they hire you for.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great team of nurses to work with. Unfortunately they hired some other team members who are unqualified and unwilling to do their job. This made it much more stressful on nurses. They hire nurses for 8-430 but they dont tell you that they cannot keep their on call nurses so then you have to work nights and every weekend call while they find and train someone new. This takes months. You can spend hours on the phone triaging endless calls, but you aren't paid unless you go out. Not fair at all. Just be aware and ask lots of questions if interviewing.
Pros
Good nurses
Cons
Too much on call time. Lots of overtime doing documentation.
busy place
member of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJAugust 4, 2017
i think pay is fair and work environment is good.
The job included after hours and at times was difficult to keep up with the many calls. Managers are nor very supportive
Not a good place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 14, 2017
Staff gets burned out and bosses don't fix the real problems. Everyone in office is out to protect themselves, they have little to no idea what it's like to be in the field every day. Scheduling doesn't make sense to where you live, often have to drive way out of the way when someone else lives closer. Emphasis on getting as many admissions and patients as possible, no matter the stress or problems. Very disorganized and dishonest, poor communication all together. Each boss intentionally keeps the boss above them in the dark so no one really knows what really goes on.
Pros
Small teams that support each other, Helpful nurses.
Cons
Lousy benefits, Poor communication, No work/life balance, Too much travel, Cut-throat mentality, Manipulative, Nepotism and protect the favorite bosses, Need to fire high ups to make it better.
hospice work is the best work in the world
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Commonwealth of MassachusettsDecember 19, 2016
lots of flexibility and support for direct staff. active and effective office staff, very good use of technology to streamline patient care. Incredible Medical Director.. excellent team in the field
Great growth experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 9, 2016
Great to console patients in time of need and has enjoyable faculty. This is a great learning experience and allowed me to come out of my shell more by interacting with the patients.
Pros
spending time with the patients and talking to them
Cons
location
Great work experience
Home Health Aide-Hospice (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Not fair, enjoy the co-workers. Not worth stating the unfairness. I did not expect the treatment. I do not want to be negative, so I will not say anything else. Thank you
Pros
working with great nurses
Cons
no union
good alternative hospice
R.N. Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlborough MaJune 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was that the atmosphere of the clinical teams was that of family cohesiviness, and support to each other If the chaplain needed the nurse she went if he nurse called the chaplain he answered, if sw need assistance everyone was available
A typical day for me started out with change usually because a nurse needed help or patient needed to be screened
if things ran smoothly, I would visit 3-7 patients a day depending on if home cases or nursing home cases
The hardest part of the job was letting go(disharge vs death)
Pros
Alternative Hospice, aromatherapy and reiki music therapy
Cons
distance
Loving Caring Company
Hospice Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJMay 11, 2015
Typical day at work is assisting my patient with there needs, I learned that my patients have to be dealt with differently emotionally and physically, Management is great and understandable, The hardest part of my job is getting emotionally attached to my patients, The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my patients with there needs and making there day
Pros
Great work atmosphere
great people
Hospice Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJMay 6, 2015
Great ministry with wonderful people. Over the years, I was able to grow in many meaningful ways. Each day was different and every patient interaction was wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascend Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8