Ascend Learning Employee Reviews

Hard working, but very relaxed atmosphere
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 29, 2018
I loved working at Ascend! All of my managers and coworkers in IT were very friendly and helpful. Other employees I worked with were also friendly and engaging.
I had a good deal of freedom in my daily schedule, allowing me to prioritize my tasks and take personal time if I needed it.
The work was challenging, and I didn't get any benefits as a contractor, but I was always happy to go to work!
Pros
Casual atmosphere, great corporate culture
Cons
Could use more structure in management and procedures
Great product and analytics. Poor management.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 4, 2018
The product is fine. The company needs to focus on process, transparency with their employees and executive communication. In the short time I worked there it seemed like the executives were more focused on their own bonuses than the long term profitability of the company.
Great corporate mission
Director, Web Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 6, 2017
The corporate mission of changing peoples lives with learning solutions is exceptional. The company is striving for more online learning capabilities
Challenging startup
Technology & Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 14, 2017
Chaotic...management changes occurred frequently. Lacked strategy. They have good talent but were unable in my tenure to define strategic goals or develop tactical plans in support.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Just about everything else
Just a chilled out work environmen
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 29, 2017
Timely and efficiently receive and respond to high volume of customer requests from various sources and modes of contact ensuring appropriate work order ticket tracking and documentation. Partner with other departments to provide comprehensive customer care including Desktop Support team on Tier 1 support for internal customers, such as, web mail, instant messenger, and general browser support. Report customer and employee actions that impact system productivity to Incident Management. Remain knowledgeable of organizational business requirements through out the Ascend umbrella to readily offer assistance.
productive
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 8, 2017
Learn new things
Good chance to share knowledge and develop skills
Flexible work hours
good coordination in getting work done
Good product management and continuous effort to improve the product
people are not appreciated for the work they do
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSApril 28, 2017
The company when it was smaller was good, but since it has grown and changed different management, the turnover rate is high and they don't value their workers.
Horrible management
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 18, 2017
At Ascend it depends on which division you work for. My division, safety and trades was run like a fraternity, the "old boy" network. If the boys liked you, life was good. If not, they will make your life miserable.No one has any clear vision, feels like decisions are made on a whim. Product prices were changed 3 times in a year, confusing clients and staff, with no explanation.Completely unrealistic goals that they do not even defend. Ascend has a nice policy of unlimited vacation time, but in my company, no one would dare take a vacation!
Pros
good compensation package
Cons
management, unrealistic sales goals
Great team of employees!
Marketing Manager Conference & Events (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 1, 2017
Positive professional experience and workplace life balance! Great Marketing & Sales team collaboration and learned many skills from colleagues.
Growing exciting technology based company.
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 29, 2016
Exciting culture, great people, working to build and brand a new business model from what was a traditional model. Lots of opportunity.
Poor Leadership
Director Enterprise Services (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 24, 2016
Lacking leadership, vision and direction with poor culture. Would not recommend this company. Constantly changing direction and CIO does not allow employees to make their own decisions. Very micro managed environment, and leadership that can not be trusted.
flexible work environment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 7, 2016
I like my job due to its flexibility and ability to work fro home. Management is willing to work with your schedule and easy to talk. My coworkers are fun to work with and there is never any conflict. The hardest part of my job is troubleshooting issues without the right information
Pros
free lunches and free gear when available
Cons
short breaks and time it takes to resolve issues
Quiet and productive open work environment with friendly coworkers.
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 26, 2016
Quiet and productive open work environment with friendly coworkers.
Greet everyone, open my laptop, check email, continue work from prior days if any, if not, look for any invoices in email, upload to Bill.com. My managers are the Director of Finance and the CFO. They are very approachable and transparent.
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSApril 12, 2016
Had a good experience working with a publishing company. The team was great. The team played a key role in delivering the deliverables.
fun people to work with
Customer Service Consultant Manager/Financial (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 24, 2016
sit in my office all day with head phones on or on the phone all day doing webinars for potential new customers. helping clean up admin files so they can submit for Medicare.
Pros
work at home
Cons
excel speadsheets
Management is awful
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 30, 2015
Non skilled people working as managers. It's not what you know but who you know in order to become part of the management team.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Awful Management
Management needs to mature up!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 19, 2015
People are very committed. However, management is not able to provide leadership. Decisions are reviewed by team members but with so many cooks the outcome is unacceptable and fingers are pointed at the one who makes the least noise.

Management needs to be more in power and stick their policy instead changing colors like a cameleon.
Pros
Flexible, good hrs and work/life balance
Cons
poor management making it harder for people to make the right call
Great Company Poor Management
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 2, 2014
This is an awesome company to work for. Their are multitudes of benefits to being an employee of NASM or it's parent company Ascend Learning if and only if you're able to get into any other Dept. other than Member Services. It could be a wonderful Dept. as well if it weren't for the mis-management of we'll call her for the purpose of this review, "Ms. B". She is the only person in the entire company bold enough to believe that Ascend Learning Policies & Culture do not apply to her and therefore her Dept. is a miserable place to be and employees are left to feel that themselves and more importantly their families health is the last thing on Ms. B's list of priorities and she will be the first one to tell you this straight to your face during her frequently used, "Rotten Apple Speech," while she point blank reminds you daily that, "you are very replaceable."
Pros
Ascend Learning's Company Culture, Room for Advancement, Pay, Free Continuing Education
Cons
The Member Services Dept. Ran by TIna Bullingeri
Productive and challenging working environment
Sr. Software Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 13, 2014
Ascend is a productive and challenging working environment filled with lots of talented smart individuals to work with.
Working with Nursing Program Faculty
Nurse Educator Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KansasJuly 15, 2014
Ascend Learning housed ATI Nursing Education, which created e-learning based state board of Nursing high stakes test preparation and review studies. I would work with Faculty on Curriculum Integration of these Nursing Education Programs. The most difficult problems I encountered in this position occurred when Faculty were unmotivated to learn new skills. I have achieved success in converting even the toughest Faculty, given that the students excel when the faculty believe in these products and services.
Pros
Progressive technology and cutting edge education principles
Cons
Travel daily around the United States