Ascend Performance Materials Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I got screwed maybe you wont
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 18, 2018
Onsite contractor for 11 years, started as a helper and worked my way up to a supervisor. Never called in sick, not 1 time in my 11 years. Area I was over became an Ascend job my manager wanted to hire me but, a lie told on me to help someone else get a job 5 years back and an engineer not liking me cost me the job. 30 years old with a 2 year old and 8 month old, released from a company I busted my butt for.

Management don't care about the employees when it comes down to it. You're just a number. It's all about who you are and who you know.
Pros
Pay, some good people
Cons
Work-life balance, management, buddy system
high productivity work environment and team environment
Production Engineer, Nylon Resin Group (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FLJune 26, 2018
great manufacturing workplace for chemical processes. Learn many skills such as SPC, RCFA and Lean using continuous or batch processes. fast paced, multi-project environment. many opportunities to get involved in the community
Pros
team environment
Cons
job stability
Ascend Performance Materials is a great place to work!
Contractor Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 8, 2018
Ascend Performance materials is a great place to work. The company is very family oriented and the management commitment is genuine from the top to the floor. These are great people and they stand behind what they say.
Management continues to destroy the place
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXMay 24, 2018
Could be a good place to work if things would get repaired and they would get rid of 4 key people in AN2/3. Continue to hear It's going to get better (waiting 10yrs. to happen). The same group makes all the decisions and they have no clue how to run the Unit. hopefully I can leave before a fatality happens!! All about $$$ they preach safety but their actions/decisions is proof what they really care about!! New Plant manager and his crew came here to make things better and so far that isn't happening.
Pros
deceant pay/benefits, shift employees great to work with, easy drive to work
Cons
constant turnover, sorry bonus plan, management just lies, HR is a joke
It's okay
Manufacturing Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cantonment, FLMay 11, 2018
It's okay. Salary is substantial if you are an Ascend employee and not a contractor. Though contractors seem to have a little bit more freedom of schedule.
Buddy system here...HR is a joke.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 5, 2018
Management is gonna hire someones kin people or A buddy they know. They not hiring the Best applicant/Most experienced for job. Don’t waste your time with this bunch. Posted before but Managment got post removed. Maybe this will help someone out who thinks it’s a Great opportunity..
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor Unethical leadership
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2018
But it will be draining on your family as you will be there for more than half of time just for work. You have more than enough breaks, but once again you will be there for 12 hours a day.
Pros
on site cafeteria and fantastic benefits.
Cons
long hours.
shift work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cantonment, FLMarch 28, 2018
The company has great benefits and great retirement plan but family life is hard due to the on call schedule. You will work dead man shift work and it is very hard on your body.
benefits
Cons
hours/shift work
Good work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMarch 20, 2018
My mother works there she been there since I was little and I'm 27 now. I loved working there just got too sick a few times and I were a temporary work so they let me go. But I wish I could get another and a business like once again.
Pros
Good place to retired
Cons
Don't miss days as a temp.
Great Peeople and great place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TX 77512February 3, 2018
Really enjoy the highly skilled employees and passion for results. Opportunities to pursue career options that interest you.

Management is very collaborative and I felt my work was greatly appreciated
Pros
Autonomy to make team my own
fair compensation and benefits
R&D LAB TECHNICIAN - EXPERIMENTAL ANALYSIS (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 18, 2018
analytical opportunities, good work hours. Good team working environment for those who do quality analysis.

training on many analytical instruments in wet and dry chemistry.
Long work hours.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 5, 2018
Job required long work hours due to shortage of staff. Job was very stressful and busy.

Best part of job was working with my co-workers, we were like family.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Technical Data Clerk (Contract)
Technical Data Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALDecember 20, 2017
Established an index file that would allow all five companies to have access to all the Technical Reports that’s available.
Organized all Technical Reports in the computer and on locations
Made sure much needed information was located on the facility (in ten different areas on the plant) and prepared the material to be indexed/scanned
Used detailed judgment in placing each file in its needed category
Determined if graphs, data sheets, spreadsheets were deleted or saved
Had to choose a format, style and use clarity in filing all reports
Pros
hands on training
Cons
very few females and the men act shock to see a female
Very good overall experience
Mechanical Reliability Internship (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALDecember 13, 2017
Fantastic internship opportunity. I learned an incredible amount in just 4 months. Treated like family here. Unfortunately you don't always get the projects you want but that's life. More than enough opportunity to get everything you could need from the internship.
A burden, not fun
Packout Operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 30, 2017
The sub-contracting agency that works for ascend has no logistic organizational skills as they suggested. A lot was offered at the beginning of their entry, but nothing was given. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the work day.
Pros
2 day on and 2 days off.
Cons
30 minute lunch for a 12 hour shift of a hard and quick paced labor.
Challenging, Stressful,
Production Specialist/ Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Team work is achieved through expert employees working hard to collaborate on their ideas and meet goals. Vacation is offered and is adequate with other companies. The culture is continuing to grow and prosper as new employees are brought on to the site. Management is not comfortable with the changes or are trying to MICRO manage and this makes for a Stressful and uneasy environment.
Pros
Challenging, Teamwork
Cons
Management & Reorganization
Wonderful Internship
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
I had the wonderful opportunity to work with a fantastic group of individuals at Ascend who are eager to work as a team and always interested in looking for better and more efficient ways to do things within the company.
Pros
Encouraged collaboration
Cons
Long work days
Not a bad company
employee (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXOctober 29, 2017
The overall company is not bad. There are a lot of changes in management and a lot "initiatives" that employees are required to participate in, but they aren't overwhelming. There aren't many opportunities for advancement for most employees or programs designed for cross-training in different crafts.
Pros
Benefits, small company atmosphere, pay
Cons
low bonuses, lack of career advancement
Stressful
Inventory Replenishment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 3, 2017
Stressful & fast paced. Lots of meetings. Not good life/work balance. I learned SAP and inventory management. Not the best "training" when I started. Learned a lot each day, self taught.
Good people in Alabama
Production Engineer Co-op III (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 8, 2017
I would describe a typical day at work as containing just the right amount of stress. Having good people around you is really important. Management differs from plant to plant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascend Performance Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight