Ascension Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 3,399 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, cultivates talent, and affirms patients so we can provide care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community we serve. We are a passionate team. We give, grow, connect, and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of caring for all persons with special attention to those who need it most.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2021, Ascension provided $2.3 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 142 hospitals and more than 40 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
You’re seeing all 10,608 jobs at Ascension because we can’t find any available jobs at Ascension close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 50.3K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
The day to day experience of working with residents and fulfilling their daily needs was very rewarding. The hours were 7am to 7pm. A typical day was to come in the morning and prepare that days breakfast. Once done serving breakfast you would wash dishes and clean to begin prep for the next meal.
Love the people I work with but the pay needs to be better. Nothing like making $17 an hour with people's life in my hands. Knowing Starbucks employers are making $23 an hour making coffee. Healthcare system is broken and needs to be fixed ASAP.
Ascension encourages a work life balance that is achievable! They truly value me, diversity and inclusiveness. I feel like my team is family! The benefits are also amazing, with extra perks and attention to our mental well-being. It is the best company I've worked for!
Nothing to say really the company was sold multiple times. We were always told our jobs were safe when in fact our jobs were not safe. Our entire department was closed. If you want job security I would not recommend that you work here.
Lack of support, mandatories and not very many friendly people. After I finally got the courage and went to another local hospital had a much better experience immediately.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 403 questions about working at Ascension. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Ascension employees.
Insights from 1.6K Indeed users who have interviewed with Ascension within the last 5 years.
Why do you want to come to the outpatient setting?
Are you able to work in a fast paste team environment on your feet for long hours.
Specifically asked if I had a reliable car, without mentioning the daily all over nursing home trips and home draws.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Ascension?Published on May 24, 2021