Ascension Health Employee Reviews

Front desk Register -UCC Bridgeport
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 12, 2018
Management is all about money and no longer based on the values of Sister of Charity and compassion. All feedback is negotiable and coworkers tend to be backstabbing and out for themselves. If you want a egg shell walking job this is the place for you.
Pros
non
Cons
management
Ascension and TouchPoint, so sad
Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 11, 2018
If you have PTSD like I do, avoid working at St. Elizabeth Hospital for Ascension; you will certainly experience Anxiety Attacks because of the disrespectful way they treat their employees.
I've worked here for 4 years and I've NEVER BEEN TOLD ONCE WHAT A WONDERFUL JOB I'VE DONE, neither will you. Patients ask me to pray for or with them and you're not allowed. This place sucks!
Pros
you get a pay check
Cons
Everything else about this place, all CONS
You are able to make a living.
Associate Care representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2018
At Ascension you are treated according to favoritism. If you are well liked and received by management then no matter how good or poor you are at your specific job requirements you are in a position to slack and also move up in the company. I was promoted to Workforce Management in early September 2018 and did not receive the correct pay rate for the new position I moved to. I was asking my manger about the correction to my pay rate and he was giving me the run around. I soon found out that since there was a new Director that was the delay in my pay rate was at a stand still and not corrected.
Employees are just a number.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIDecember 8, 2018
Poor management. High staff turnover. I don’t recommend working here. Early morning phone calls to pickup overtime due to lack of staff. Lack of staff due to management not caring about staff.
Pros
Paycheck
You can wear holiday scrubs.
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 8, 2018
I'm a picky person I like thing nice and neat. I love to make people happy and comfortable . I love life. I love working with people. I'm a people person
Pros
If you need to switch shifts it's ok, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Not much PTO
Poor management & severe lack of communication.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 1, 2018
Ascension Healthcare has dramatically changed the facility. The product options for physician use etc. Staff to patient ratios are too high, staff burnout is high, and either administrative doesn't have a plan or isn't sharing that idea, either way it feels like we're drowning.
Pros
Unfortunately can't scrape up one
Cons
Too numerous too mention
Relaxing and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WINovember 25, 2018
A very enjoyable place to work. People are very friendly, family atmosphere. Worked there for 10 years and enjoyed the closest that developed between me and the doctors, my coworkers.
Pros
nice enviroment
nice company
Field Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2018
Great place to work at, great work, chance to travel and see other sites. I learned network part setting up router and switches, I like the travel part it was nice.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Poorly managed with favoritism and spite
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 19, 2018
When I first started here I was proud of the company I worked for, but that has long since changed. The current manager is spiteful and frequently plays favorites. In the last 6 months, more than half of my department has left for other positions. Even after a formal complaint was waged with upper management, no changes were made. I have many similar stories with other departments. It is an atmosphere that breeds mistrust and anxiety. I do not recommend this employer to any one that isn't ready to fight for their job daily.
Pros
ample benefits, and discounts
Cons
No breaks and few days off. we often loose our PTO before we can use it.
Great place to work at
Nurse Aide student (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 17, 2018
I spent 5 days, 8 hours each day with my classmates and professor to learn and assists other nurses. It was a great learning environment.
I found people were friendly and willing to help.
Stupid decisions make for unhappy patients and employers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 17, 2018
I worked in the busiest Ascension clinic in the area. Upper management made a boneheaded decision to build a huge new Clinic right in the middle of the competing clinics. Nobody knows it’s there. Everyone misses the small clinic. Also doesn’t follow the Catholic rhetoric, cares more about money than patients. Management doesn’t value their NPs.
Pros
Had good coworkers
Cons
Too many too list
Sold to the lowest bidder
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 17, 2018
Shame on ascension for selling out its entire finance revenue cycle to and Indian based company who are firing great workers to give jobs to workers in India who have no clue as to what they are doing! Way to go puting America first!
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Great Internship
Intern/Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2018
This was a great place to intern. I did not get to finish and had to leave early but the short time I was there I was very happy with the organization of the place.
Nice workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 13, 2018
Enjoyed the job until issues with management came about. The job will only be enjoyable if you like what you are doing there..... overall good, would have stayed if we had real management or supervision.
It was nice to work for CSM
Health Info Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2018
It was a nice company to work for. Everyone plays their part in getting their work done and meeting deadlines. It was a pleasure working for Columbia St Mary's.
Run Away
Real Estate Portfolio Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 13, 2018
Nothing good to say. Management bullies employees to work extra hours including weekends. They make many promises which they do no deliver. They have values that leadership does not follow yet they are upset when staff don't.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Bulling management, lack of communication, lack of support
A Great Environment To Work In
Technology Engineering Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2018
I've been with this company for more than 3 years and I absolutely love the culture. My manager is awesome. My manager's manager is awesome. The attitude of my team is awesome. The benefits are top notch. I've worked in quite a few IT environments over years, this has to be one of the top 2.
Pros
Plenty of Time Off, Benefits, Training, Competitive Salary
Cons
Can't Think of Any
Used to be a pleasant place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 6, 2018
I have worked at Providence Southfield for years. The past year and a half has really shown a tremendous crack in a once solid hospital's facade. Management is more profit orientated than they are patient care and employee well being orientated. Work life services seems almost reluctant to do anything about it. It makes going to work each day depressing.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Poor management, Over worked staff
Stressful
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 4, 2018
I've been with this company for 3 years. Now I Dread getting up in the morning to go to work. It is stressful and the lack of pay isn't worth it. I'm currently in school and it's stressful working full time for this company. Our office has been short staffed for 2 years. Ascension refuses to up our pay or hire someone for additional help in the office. Our building has no security. Communication from upper management is terrible. PTO is used for holiday pay and if your full time and don't work 80 hrs they use your PTO to cover hours you missed. I think this company needs an overall structure change. Workers are mistreated and underpaid compared to surrounding hospitals. All they care about is meeting goals and not the patient
Pros
Cons
Pay
non competitive wages, poor communication in management
GRIEVANCE AND APPEALS SPECIALIST LEVEL 2 (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 4, 2018
Unsatisfactory management, poor communication and lack of leadership, non competitive wages, and poor advancement, difficulty in becoming adequately trained for paid position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight