Ascension Health Employee Reviews

Great place to worke
AR Denial Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2018
Great place to work, with great benefits and pay. Great coworkers and management. Ever changing environment however they do the due diligence to keep you in the know.
Pros
Flexibility
no comment
RRT (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INApril 9, 2018
Worked closely with patients.
Change is inevitable.
Management was not always fair or consistent
Leaving not by choice
My patients.
Will miss my patients more than the company or managers
Smart people on the team, politically difficult environment to make change in.
Vice President, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  NationalApril 9, 2018
Good place to work if you just want to follow orders. It is a very challenging place to work if you want to make the changes needed to help the nurses and the rest of operations personnel do their jobs in more efficient and productive way.
Cons
Average day is 12 to 14 hours.
Largest Not for Profit in the Country
Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2018
It is hard to summarize all of Ascension Health. I was in the same position as an internal consultant. They are very professional. Pay and benefits are EXCELLENT
Poor management.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 9, 2018
Poor management. Didn't care about truth. Only cared about the higher ups. Want's everything to be rainbows and unicorns. Her attitude and personality is geared more towards elementary school. Not a grown up world of a busy clinic.
Pros
Some staff were good to work with.
Cons
Poor management.
good working family, all departments get along with each other
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 3, 2018
There is no typical day in the emergency room, that's what I like about it. Everyday is different. Everyone gets along no matter what job they do, from registration to clinical to radiology to the physicians, a very cohesive working family. I have learned about human dignity, as we take care of everyone no matter what race, religion, financial station or ability to speak English, everyone matters. The hardest part of the job is when a child is hurt or dies. Everyone has a hard time with that one.
Pros
Comraderie
Cons
Being understaffed
Hospital
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2018
Excellent place to work. My boss was excellent and helped me in many ways. I learned a lot about a lot of different aspects of the everyday functions in a hospital.
Pros
Excellent administration, benefits, time off
Hostile work enviorment
Reg Ins Verification Spec / Patient Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIMarch 22, 2018
Every since Ascension took over the reins they have turned a great place to work into a hostile and tension filled work environment, They did not bring any positive improvements to the table.
Great work/life balance
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 20, 2018
I worked for the organization for 14 years. There is no job security however the work/life balance is great. Management is afraid to stand up to administration when bylaws and policies are not followed.
Lack of operational execution in human resources
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MOMarch 12, 2018
There’s plenty of “strategic hr talk” by the sr management of human resources at Ascension, but execution is extremely poor and teams work against each other vs working together. Most the team works out of fear of the HR leadership, and does not work to fulfill the mission of the organization. I wouldn’t recommend Ascension to place to work in HR.
Cons
political, unorganized workflow, undefined responsibilities, harsh leadership styles
excellant place to work and fun
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  detroitMarch 9, 2018
Excellent place to work. Very good atmosphere, associates are great. Doctors and nurses are very caring people. Customers are fabulous. The hospital is like one big family.
Great place to work. Teamwork and freindliness throughtout.
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 8, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone. They are a group of highly trained professionals who love their job and are willing to work together in a very pleasant manner.
Great place to work but....
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Ascension Medical Group at St. Vincent in Indianapolis. I work on the Physician Billing side and more often than not it has been a great experience. There have been some recent changes lately within the particular team I work on that I have not cared for and each change has pushed me slowly out the door.
We were informed that the Physician side is being bought out by R1. This is a change half of our building and all of hospital side has already made and I have not heard good things. There will be changes that I will not be able to work around such as: no Flextime offered, changes to our PTO, Work from Home no longer offered, so on and so forth. We do not know when or if it is a 100% positive change but the general consensus is yes, it will happen, sooner rather than later. I do not believe all parts of Ascension are being bought out but the revenue cycle part is.
Pros
benefits, pto, understanding management, easy going enviorment, flextime, overtime available
Cons
being bought out by R1, micro-managemnet in some areas, building upkeep.
Opportunity to grow and develop
Clinic Supervisor / Radiological Technician (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 1, 2018
I have the opportunity to grow and learn more with my current position. Interaction with fellow associates and physicians is good. A lot of interaction takes place on a daily basis.
Pros
cheerful environment
Cons
short staffed at times
Besides a few great coworkers and the mobility option working at Ascension
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2018
Besides the mobility option working at Ascension is a waste of your life. Only a few managers are good at what they do...being promoted is a joke unless your nose is brown. Applicants beware working there is compatible to purchasing a lemon.
Pros
Mobility
Cons
Everything else
Vice President
VP of Hospital Continuity & Community Outreach (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
My typical work day average about 11 hours of none stop activities. My daily interactions with patients, associates and vendors continuously allowed me improve my communication skills - particularly, effective listening. I was responsible for overseeing shared services for 12 hospitals - serving over 40 counties. I managed an annual budget of $500M. Led several complex capital projects that ranged from $8M to $310M over my tenure. I was recognized for my collaborative leadership acumen. Under my leadership, my teams and I consistently met or exceeded strategic goals and operations score cards. The hardest part of my job was the slow process of getting capital approval. The most enjoyable part was working with dedicated and passion associates.
Pros
Leading effective project teams.
Cons
Bureaucratic process of approval.
it just depends on where you land
Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 26, 2018
People don't leave jobs, they leave managers. that said I transferred to another department and am much happier. The mission and vision are truly admirable and most employees walk the walk can't say the same for all leaders.
Pros
team attitude was great, comp & benefits are very good
Cons
its a very large organization and a huge matrix structure, some members of mgmt are not in best role for their experience
Great Team To Work For
Technical Engineering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 22, 2018
They have built a great Network/Infrastructure Team in the past 4 years. Mentorship and Learning everyday from others was the best here. Manager is the Best and doesn't Micro Manage the team, however he makes sure you get stuff done.
Pros
Great Manager and Team Environment For Most
Cons
Compensation and Benefits are not the best.
Company
Ascension Healthcare, Service Center- Lead (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 22, 2018
The company pays well and gives a lot of paid time off depending on the hours they work. The HR department sometimes is the reason to delay your start date. The company cares more for the bottom line than making a company that truly embodies patient care.
good place to work, but things constantly changing
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2018
This was a good place to work. There are many good people that were enjoyable to work with. There was opportunity to learn new skills and take-on new challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.