Ascension Health Employee Reviews

A great company to work for
Patient Service Representative-Outpatient Testing (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 18, 2018
Ascension has been a great company to work for. They provided me with great training and were always willing to look for new ways to improve our systems in each department.
Hard work and not enough people.
MS SQL Database Administrator (DBA) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIAugust 11, 2018
Right-hand does not know what the left-hand is doing. The left-hand is a is confused and often cuts off its own fingers. Very little gets done (by upper management) in a timely fashionWork-life balance not always an option
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Sr Management, hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2018
Making a difference every day in healthcare and seeing the results. The culture was based on the Daughters of Charity - which is healthcare for everyone
Sales (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAJuly 31, 2018
Great supervisors/management. Great benefits. Co-workers are fun to work with. Job and life balance are exceptional. Hardest part of the job is nothing. Learned how to purchase and expedite for a government agency.
Challenging and rewarding
Manager, Programs and Projects (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 30, 2018
For the majority, days are consistent in the regular meeting schedule and some downtime for work. I enjoy working for Ascension and the culture, overall, is positive.
Ok place yto work
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 25, 2018
Ok place to work. I worked in a department that closed and was outsourced to another company. There was no opurtunity for chance of advacmet and it was left up to eac hemployee to apply for any other job opportunities.
Pros
Good pay for the work
Cons
Not alot of advancement
If you have a life outside of work don't apply/ Terrible management
Centralized Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 24, 2018
If you have a life outside of work don't apply. Unless you have worked here 10+ years you get barely any vacation due to seniority and also have to wait until you have banked PTO and then ask off (even if you start in January and your vacation isnt until August) but only one person can be off at a time so summer weeks are full and you most likely will have to cancel your vacation.
Cons
no life work balance, terrible management, fast paced, hovering management
No position is safe from being eliminated
RN (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 24, 2018
Patient to nurse is so high that it is impossible to deliver safe care. Managers do not assist the nursing staff and have no clue what is happening at the bedside. I have worked at this hospital for 15 years and have seen how Ascension Health has destroyed our reputation for outstanding care. Doctor's are taking their patients elsewhere due to complaints about lack of nursing staff. Ascension is all about money despite their claim to "service the poor".
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stress, unhappy patients and families
Great co workers, fun place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2018
I’ve learned technical skills needed to perform some advanced neuro exams. I have a good work/ life balance. I have the support needed to do my job. .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks
Fun place to work but don't expect a large paycheck
Finance (Former Employee) –  WIJuly 8, 2018
Fun place to work but don't expect a large paycheck. Everyone at the hospital i worked out was very friendly and professional but my pay started out low and the raises we get each year don't add up to much.
Leadership has ran the organization in the ground
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Horrible leadership has caused a dramatic change in the culture of Ascension Health. It is a horrible environment to work. Hate from leadership is promoted even by Human Resources.
Pros
Cons
Leadership is only dollar driven
Not organized
SENIOR SOLUTIONS DEVELOPMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 2, 2018
Very hard to get answers on responsibilities. Never sure what to do or who to report to. Work life balance is hard to achieve. would like more direction for career
benefits
Cons
not organized
good
Junior I (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 30, 2018
relaxed floor. important information was learned and we helped our patients with medication and bathing. discussed with patients importance of health and maintenance.
Unstable and stressful environment
Education (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2018
One of 85 recently let go due to another restructure at 86th Street ministry. Not all leaders at the regional level have qualifications necessary to be successful, for example, I would think one would need to have an education background to head the education department. Ascension corporate in St. Louis seems disconnected with their product and people. Core values are expected to be followed by the associates but not the leaders. Patient safety often comes second to costs and associate safety. Expectations of associates are to "do more with less" which means no raises or promotions, including a cost of living increase.

St. Vincent Indianapolis is NOT the same St. Vincent as it was when I started. It's very apparent that the nuns are no longer present within the organization. Morale has been low and depressing since the rift 5 years ago. Many areas are contracted out then brought back in because it failed. If it weren't for the people I would have quite on my own about 3 years ago.
Pros
Friendly associates, Subway close by
Cons
Unstable and stressful work environment, management, disconnected, low pay, technology
overall pretty good place to work
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJune 16, 2018
Ascension was very flexible. Always seemed to be in a transitional mode. Communications could be better. It was nice to be able to work from home. Seemed to be growing too fast to keep up..
Pros
work from home
Working
EMR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2018
I was under Contract with Ascension I was there to make sure my job was done and done correctly. The atmosphere was great and the people were nice. I enjoyed working there
State of the art service delivery
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 13, 2018
Excellent staff to provide health services to the community. Provides the opportunity to work remotely. Supportive management that provide a culture for learning.
Never again
Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
Unorganized and no one knew what was supposed to be happening. They were inattentive and ignored employees. They had their own agenda and didn't care about anything else.
Excellent patient support
Patient Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
Great department with excellent co-workers. A demanding position, helping therapist, doing insurance checks and being the go-to person.
Management is involved from the Supervisor, who is fantastic, to the Manager and Director. They come to monthly department meetings and attack any issues head on..
Good Company to work for.
Team Architect and Senior Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orland, CAJune 8, 2018
Good Company to work for. They brought the Storage and Backup Administrators back into the company instead of contracting this service out. They have made great strides in incorporating this area into their Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.