Ascension Health Employee Reviews

Great experience
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53211January 11, 2019
Perform wound cares, gave intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous and intravenous medications and fluids. Also, started and discontinued critical drips as needed and as prescribed
Implement total patient care through a team nursing process covering 2-3 critical acuity patients per shift.
Communicate with residents, family members and other interdisciplinary team members
Monitor ventilation and tube feeding settings, performed head to toe assessments and suctioned patients as needed.
Assess and monitor patients on critical drips, post-cardiac ROSC and other critical patients
Pros
good location and great security/ safety
Cons
wanted badly to do urgent care
shows alot of compassion for their patients
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 2, 2019
My day at work consists of greeting patients with a warm smile as they walk through the door, checking patients in and out, answering phones and taking messages for the physicians, training new associates on Athena, typing letters, taking prescription request, copays and making deposits. In addition, I also filed charts and data entry, scanning documents and getting mail for the office. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with patients and staff. Furthermore, I love training new associates and making them feel comfortable wh
over all good company
Intake Specialist/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 20, 2018
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff in the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues.
Pros
free unch
Cons
short breaks
Ascension and TouchPoint, so sad
Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 11, 2018
If you have PTSD like I do, avoid working at St. Elizabeth Hospital for Ascension; you will certainly experience Anxiety Attacks because of the disrespectful way they treat their employees.
I've worked here for 4 years and I've NEVER BEEN TOLD ONCE WHAT A WONDERFUL JOB I'VE DONE, neither will you. Patients ask me to pray for or with them and you're not allowed. This place sucks!
Pros
you get a pay check
Cons
Everything else about this place, all CONS
You are able to make a living.
Associate Care representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2018
At Ascension you are treated according to favoritism. If you are well liked and received by management then no matter how good or poor you are at your specific job requirements you are in a position to slack and also move up in the company. I was promoted to Workforce Management in early September 2018 and did not receive the correct pay rate for the new position I moved to. I was asking my manger about the correction to my pay rate and he was giving me the run around. I soon found out that since there was a new Director that was the delay in my pay rate was at a stand still and not corrected.
Poorly managed with favoritism and spite
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 19, 2018
When I first started here I was proud of the company I worked for, but that has long since changed. The current manager is spiteful and frequently plays favorites. In the last 6 months, more than half of my department has left for other positions. Even after a formal complaint was waged with upper management, no changes were made. I have many similar stories with other departments. It is an atmosphere that breeds mistrust and anxiety. I do not recommend this employer to any one that isn't ready to fight for their job daily.
Pros
ample benefits, and discounts
Cons
No breaks and few days off. we often loose our PTO before we can use it.
Stupid decisions make for unhappy patients and employers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 17, 2018
I worked in the busiest Ascension clinic in the area. Upper management made a boneheaded decision to build a huge new Clinic right in the middle of the competing clinics. Nobody knows it’s there. Everyone misses the small clinic. Also doesn’t follow the Catholic rhetoric, cares more about money than patients. Management doesn’t value their NPs.
Pros
Had good coworkers
Cons
Too many too list
Used to be a pleasant place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 6, 2018
I have worked at Providence Southfield for years. The past year and a half has really shown a tremendous crack in a once solid hospital's facade. Management is more profit orientated than they are patient care and employee well being orientated. Work life services seems almost reluctant to do anything about it. It makes going to work each day depressing.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Poor management, Over worked staff
Overspend annual budget - Empoyees suffer
Solution Development Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WINovember 4, 2018
Mismanagement of their budget and utilizing ancient technology. Work environment is non productive as well as stagnated. The top CIO and his chosen Sr. VPs and management were cronies of the CIO - Made a total mess for years at the cost of the organization. Then when Ascension purchased the sinking ship, inherited a total
disorganized and non productive base(s). The reconstruction took place from the CIO down. I know that Ascension will turn it around, but at a Hugh price to restore.
Stressful
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 4, 2018
I've been with this company for 3 years. Now I Dread getting up in the morning to go to work. It is stressful and the lack of pay isn't worth it. I'm currently in school and it's stressful working full time for this company. Our office has been short staffed for 2 years. Ascension refuses to up our pay or hire someone for additional help in the office. Our building has no security. Communication from upper management is terrible. PTO is used for holiday pay and if your full time and don't work 80 hrs they use your PTO to cover hours you missed. I think this company needs an overall structure change. Workers are mistreated and underpaid compared to surrounding hospitals. All they care about is meeting goals and not the patient
Pros
Cons
Pay
always sided with the physician
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2019
The management did nothing about rude and obnoxious physicians. Staff got in trouble. The workplace culture between a African American physician and her patients was deplorable. Instead again the staff got in trouble. Management knew and nothing was done.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
VERY UNORGANIZED they don't believe in their mission
Poor management & severe lack of communication.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 1, 2018
Ascension Healthcare has dramatically changed the facility. The product options for physician use etc. Staff to patient ratios are too high, staff burnout is high, and either administrative doesn't have a plan or isn't sharing that idea, either way it feels like we're drowning.
Pros
Unfortunately can't scrape up one
Cons
Too numerous too mention
Not living the mission
Nursing executive (Former Employee) –  HealthJanuary 26, 2019
Ascension is not living it’s own mission. The CEO/president of Ascension Health makes $17M per year and hospitals are cutting bedside staff so lean that safe patient care is not the norm. Patient care units are understaffed and nurse to patient ratios are out of control. Burnout and turnover are through the roof. The big wig finance p expletive don’t look at the downstream effect of cutting staff so much. Quality and patient outcomes decrease dramatically, costing legal money in settlements. Bedside care provider turnover goes up causing more spend in overtime and the cost of nurse turnover (minimum $75k) they are paying 2 salaries just to get another one in the door. Where is the savings. Ascension wants to be the largest not for profit hospital system in the country, yet give so much of their profit to executive leaders rather than improve staff.
A Great Environment To Work In
Technology Engineering Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2018
I've been with this company for more than 3 years and I absolutely love the culture. My manager is awesome. My manager's manager is awesome. The attitude of my team is awesome. The benefits are top notch. I've worked in quite a few IT environments over years, this has to be one of the top 2.
Pros
Plenty of Time Off, Benefits, Training, Competitive Salary
Cons
Can't Think of Any
I enjoyed this extership learning hands on.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 2, 2018
I thought, the other Medical Assistants training me were rude and not caring individuals. Everyone is in a hurry, they should have trained more professionally. It could have been a better experience for me. I did learn how to do the clinical side very well, I could do EKG, urinalist A1c, strep tests,phlebotomy, and glucose tests.I learned how to use EHR system room patients, and take vitals.
great cleaning company.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2018
Its a great place to work, in a different hospital setting. sometimes the job can be a little overwelming because you have to go their and their and their. It's somewhat of a diverse company, and what i have learned is to stay to yourself do your job to the best of your ability and come back and do it all over again. The most enjoyable is the patients, talking to them.
Pros
discount launches.
Cons
short breaks
Not the best
Sr. Telecommunication Operator (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 31, 2018
I have worked here for years, was promised a promotion, hired one after another people not qualified to do basic job, no training provided very throw you in and we will see, hired "manager" knows nothing about job role unable to assist her team in any way.
Pros
Pto is earned very quickly and is unlimited
Cons
Management, training ect
Run Away
Real Estate Portfolio Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 13, 2018
Nothing good to say. Management bullies employees to work extra hours including weekends. They make many promises which they do no deliver. They have values that leadership does not follow yet they are upset when staff don't.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Bulling management, lack of communication, lack of support
This is a good company
Development Lead / Conversion (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 17, 2019
This is an excellent company. This company has multiple different types of technologies, and they are currently offering new technologies for employees to learn that are very advanced.
Pros
Very flexible with the work hours
Cons
Sometimes they need better direction.
play games with the patients
PCA (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 16, 2018
my day start out doing vitals charting them bathing toileting and assist with eating treatments what I learned if I get a routine going then I know how to plan my day the hardest part of my job is sometimes being the only aide taking care of 8 people can be challenging but with my routine I can get it done but I enjoy taking care of the patients and rehabbing back home or nursing hoe
Pros
work with rehab patients
Cons
they encourage evey one to take the break and lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ascension Health.

Powered by Comparably