Ascension Point Recovery

Ascension Point Recovery Employee Reviews

Productive work place

AscensionPoint is a fair work place. Go to work and do your job and there will be no issues. No growth opportunity is really the only downfall. Great people. There is always work to be done so you are never sitting around waiting for someone to tell you what to do.

Great company

I worked there for almost 3 years. I still miss it sometimes. I made some great friends there. The comission was good. If stay at your desk when suppose to be youll make great money. Mgmt was always good to me.

Pros

Insurance was pricy

Job OK/Management terrible

The job itself was ok. Hours and pay were decent and you got significant bonuses of you hit your goal. The management, however, was terrible. Lack of education, poor communication and leadership skills, and continuously failed to address significant issues. The owners of this company are the worst. I worked there two years and NEVER had one of the so much as say hi to me. Very clear they are only in it to make a buck. They are so desperate for workers, they overlook anything. I once sat by someone who was late 19 times in her first 30 days before finally doing something about it. I use the term baffoonery to describe this company!

Pros

Close to residence

Cons

too many!

GED black running the place

If you enjoy working really hard but don't get appreciated apply here. If you have low self esteem apply here. The managers have tatoos and sleep with the director so if you don't have self respect apply here. If you enjoy working in a room that is filled with mold and everyone is sick all the time apply here. If food from Kwik Trip is your standard of living apply here. If you want to get fat and depressed apply here. The average education is less than a GED so if you can handle listening to under educated people apply here.

Pros

Free donuts

Cons

Uneducated owners and managers, if you have a high school diploma you are more educated than anyone else. score!!!

Emotionally draining.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Compensation is not worth the emotional stress and micromanaging of this place. No ventilation. Illness is continuous.

Cons

Micromanagement. Terrible work environment. Emotionally and physically draining.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Busy, Fast Enviroment

Collection Agency. Mainly worked on the phone dialer system, the position was fast paced and emotionally trying. We were communicating with survivors of loved ones who passed, attorneys and law personnel. Fielded phone calls and asked for payment on past due accounts for various companies.

Pros

Good Benefits and Contests.

Cons

Collecting from survivors was emotionally difficult and trying.

Nice group of people to work with.

I liked working here, it was a little more relaxed atmosphere, the training could have been a little more focused on the specific function of the job I was hired to do. I went through training with Collection people, It would have been more beneficial to have more information on various codes, and formatted updates. I learned that all companies pick there favorite employees, and don't give others a chance to excel. For the several months I was their I don't remember having production levels to meet, They had not used skip tracers in the past at this location. For the most part I liked many of my coworkers. Locating debtors with very limited tools, all we used was google search and Lexis/Nexis. this was hard to do until the company established LinkedIn and FaceBook pages. I enjoyed the work I did, and the overall aspect that the company represented.

Fun people, emotionally difficult work

APRS is in the probate (deceased) collections business. They make every effort to do their very difficult job ethically and with empathy. The company is very well managed, upper management goes out of their way to be available to employees. A typical day on the collections team, entails 6-7 hours per day on an auto dialer, attempting to connect with the person handling the financial affairs of a recently deceased relative. Once they are able to connect with that person, they attempt to learn if the person's estate is in a position to repay outstanding debts and whether there are funds available now or if there is a probate claim they need to file with the courts. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are grieving, emotions can be very raw. The most enjoyable part is the people, management is friendly and available, co-workers try and make everyone feel welcome.

Pros

People, bonuses, hours

Cons

Dealing with the grieving, too many meetings and training sessions

Great ownership

It is a fun place to work when the are running contests, they provide pizza at the end of every month, and have potlucks and theme days occasionally. Plus they bring us to Valley Fair every summer. I have 3.5 years with the company, and it has changed dramatically since 2010. The commission structure recently changed drastically, which made it very difficult to get compensated for your efforts throughout the month. The management and policies change on a regular basis which makes the work environment more challenging, and sometimes negative among fellow coworkers. Overall the hours are good, pay is good, benefits are good, and the company as a whole is a good place to work.

Pros

Valley Fair trips, free lunches, fun contests

Cons

extreme micro managing, constantly changing management, and unrealistic goals and commission structure

productive workplace

inbound/outbound calls meet monthly goal private student loan debt small business and probate hardest part small team work over load' benefits were great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension Point Recovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8