Ascension Point Recovery Employee Reviews

Emotionally draining.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 21, 2018
I would not recommend this to anyone. Compensation is not worth the emotional stress and micromanaging of this place. No ventilation. Illness is continuous.
Cons
Micromanagement. Terrible work environment. Emotionally and physically draining.
Job OK/Management terrible
Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNOctober 24, 2018
The job itself was ok. Hours and pay were decent and you got significant bonuses of you hit your goal. The management, however, was terrible. Lack of education, poor communication and leadership skills, and continuously failed to address significant issues. The owners of this company are the worst. I worked there two years and NEVER had one of the so much as say hi to me. Very clear they are only in it to make a buck. They are so desperate for workers, they overlook anything. I once sat by someone who was late 19 times in her first 30 days before finally doing something about it. I use the term baffoonery to describe this company!
Pros
Close to residence
Cons
too many!
GED black running the place
Collector (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 4, 2018
If you enjoy working really hard but don't get appreciated apply here. If you have low self esteem apply here. The managers have tatoos and sleep with the director so if you don't have self respect apply here. If you enjoy working in a room that is filled with mold and everyone is sick all the time apply here. If food from Kwik Trip is your standard of living apply here. If you want to get fat and depressed apply here. The average education is less than a GED so if you can handle listening to under educated people apply here.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Uneducated owners and managers, if you have a high school diploma you are more educated than anyone else. score!!!
Great ownership
Lead Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 7, 2014
It is a fun place to work when the are running contests, they provide pizza at the end of every month, and have potlucks and theme days occasionally. Plus they bring us to Valley Fair every summer. I have 3.5 years with the company, and it has changed dramatically since 2010. The commission structure recently changed drastically, which made it very difficult to get compensated for your efforts throughout the month. The management and policies change on a regular basis which makes the work environment more challenging, and sometimes negative among fellow coworkers. Overall the hours are good, pay is good, benefits are good, and the company as a whole is a good place to work.
Pros
Valley Fair trips, free lunches, fun contests
Cons
extreme micro managing, constantly changing management, and unrealistic goals and commission structure
Busy, Fast Enviroment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 31, 2016
Collection Agency. Mainly worked on the phone dialer system, the position was fast paced and emotionally trying. We were communicating with survivors of loved ones who passed, attorneys and law personnel. Fielded phone calls and asked for payment on past due accounts for various companies.
Pros
Good Benefits and Contests.
Cons
Collecting from survivors was emotionally difficult and trying.
productive workplace
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 30, 2013
inbound/outbound calls
meet monthly goal
private student loan debt small business and probate
hardest part small team work over load'
benefits were great
Fun people, emotionally difficult work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 18, 2015
APRS is in the probate (deceased) collections business. They make every effort to do their very difficult job ethically and with empathy. The company is very well managed, upper management goes out of their way to be available to employees. A typical day on the collections team, entails 6-7 hours per day on an auto dialer, attempting to connect with the person handling the financial affairs of a recently deceased relative. Once they are able to connect with that person, they attempt to learn if the person's estate is in a position to repay outstanding debts and whether there are funds available now or if there is a probate claim they need to file with the courts. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are grieving, emotions can be very raw. The most enjoyable part is the people, management is friendly and available, co-workers try and make everyone feel welcome.
Pros
People, bonuses, hours
Cons
Dealing with the grieving, too many meetings and training sessions
Nice group of people to work with.
Customer Location Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 29, 2015
I liked working here, it was a little more relaxed atmosphere, the training could have been a little more focused on the specific function of the job I was hired to do. I went through training with Collection people, It would have been more beneficial to have more information on various codes, and formatted updates. I learned that all companies pick there favorite employees, and don't give others a chance to excel. For the several months I was their I don't remember having production levels to meet, They had not used skip tracers in the past at this location. For the most part I liked many of my coworkers. Locating debtors with very limited tools, all we used was google search and Lexis/Nexis. this was hard to do until the company established LinkedIn and FaceBook pages. I enjoyed the work I did, and the overall aspect that the company represented.