Ascension Seton Employee Reviews

Terrible place terrible management
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2019
Working at seton as a lab assistant was awful do not do this unless $13hr is worth being in a childish and unprofessional environment it’s sad because people are huge gossipers in this department

Lots of work and 2cent raises every year or so
* Toxicity * Narcissism * Retaliation * Favoritism * Workplace PTSD is Real
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2019
I've been suffering in silence for many months, feeling like I was alone. However, I recently found out a co-worker also has PTSD from being tormented by the same leadership. Almost as if a domino effect I then learned a 3rd colleague had been dealing with Workplace PTSD. I feel it would be highly irresponsible of me to not post a review online to inform potential candidates about the environment here. (If you don’t know much about PTSD, it will significantly impact both your mental and physical health, hurt your personal relationships and/or have severe consequences to your home life.)

The culture at Ascension Seton is TOXIC. After multiple rounds of layoffs, we are on a skeleton crew, and most of the remaining employees have insurmountable workloads and are struggling to tread water creating a CYA environment. Leaders show strong bias in their management style, with “favorite” employees who wander around 8-5 rubbing shoulders and brown-nosing; some of whom literally do ZERO WORK as they delegate to other poor souls who don’t even report to them and then claim their work as their own. Those who are less fortunate have OVERWHELMING workloads. No, not like “every other company” who is doing more with less. Seton is doing more with less because you must account for the leadership’s “favorites” redistributing their workloads into other people’s buckets.

And don’t ever upset your leader, the Seton culture tolerates retribution. If you get on their bad side, or if they just don’t like you, it is apparent in the management of daily activities, in how they treat you, in how
  more... they speak to you, and when you receive your annual performance evaluations. I’ve seen examples of retaliatory behavior from managers through C-suite level.

If you are a NARCISSIST or a lemming you might do well here. Everyone else in between with career aspirations should beware of big toothy smiles…and remember the children’s book The Little Red Riding Hood.
Simulation Product
Business Analyst Technology-AccTech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2019
Really enjoy working in a very creative environment with outside entities as a collaborative partner with our customers, it is one of my top priority to work among them to provide the needs to save more lives. The overall Simulation Scenarios it is a really rue experience learning & engaging with Physician, Clinicians students from other schools entities seeing them growth for a better future for medicine & health in the medical fields to help others. I'm very passionate about my current row as a person I work hard among others and strive to learn more and more along the way. I really inspired to learn more around the IT field for a better resource more technology Analyst knowledge in the area to help others fulfill their goals on their row & responsibility as well.

Every day at work it gives me comfort that I have to contribute with my knowledge and the responsibility to help Physician, Clinician & students save more lives in our world today.
Pros
Salary Exempt, Work remotely from home.
Cons
Low on Resource staffs etc.
Great coworkers
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2019
You get to work with some really awesome coworkers and they become like family. Being a RN brings its challenges but it is your coworkers who help you out and get you through those tough times,
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 4, 2019
This was a great learning hospital great teaching hospital, the physicians are a great group. Worked there for many years and was happy being there. Would go back!
Received referrals, assessed and addressed needs, ongoing monitoring
Care Coordinator, Remote Access Care Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2018
Seton was an opportunity to enhance my program development skills, familiarize myself with other healthcare system and gain knowledge in innovative approaches to patient health care monitoring to minimize hospitalizations and preserve institutional revenues. Management encouraged staff participation in employee wellness programs and coordinated such programs for staff.
Pros
innovative programs, well chosen staff
Cons
lower wages, limited PTO accrual time, healthcare is not free, periodic layoff, job ensecurity
Rewarding opportunity in the home health field.
Tx. Staff Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2017
I enjoy working at Ascension/Seton. Helpful support from office staff and field personnel. Adequate compensation and benefits. Flexible hours. Frequent turn-over in nursing staff makes for challenging communications at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension Seton. Our community is ready to answer.

Ascension Seton Reviews by Location