Ascension

Ascension Employee Reviews

United States5,275 reviews
Found 5,275 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Ascension selected this as a representative review
Working for Ascension was a great experience. I loved coming to work and being recognized for the hard work I was putting in as well as being able to work with a group of people that focused on communication and team effort.
February 18, 2020
Thank you for your positive review. We are thrilled to hear you experienced our culture of teamwork and collaboration. That is why so many choose a career with Ascension.
To much management changes. New management comes in and changes things constantly and they actually don’t know how to do your job. Was told by new manager that all you do is check someone in. She had no idea what the job entailed.
Pros
Cons
Insurance is not great
It was good at first then everything went downhill. Too much favoritism within the company. Nurses tried to talk to you any kind of way. They let too many people get away with stuff while the good workers are overworked.
Cons
Overall
My experience working at Ascension in the lab was horrific . Never felt more undervalued , understaffed and over worked . Great commercials on how caring they are but that doesn’t play out when employees can’t properly do their job due to lack of help . I left before I completely hated the lab field .
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The work is alright. It's very stressful and unhealthy there. There's No room for advancement. The supervisor, will correct you in front of everyone if you do something wrong. Your always talked about for something.
I learned so much while working in this facility. Wonderful coworkers and fair management. Only reason I left was due to a change in my family dynamic. I hope to return there some day
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Under staffed at times
I love my job...my co workers and supervisor are very respectful and kind...we work as a team. They make fair decisions and they make sure that every worker is doing their duties and doing them correctly and fair.
Pros
Get a discount on food
Very progressive in respiratory care procedures. There is a RT educatior and a great manager. Love the people in the respiratory team. The pulmonary doctors are fantastic to work with in ICU
I've generally been happy working at Ascension but the main issue I have is the lack of advancement and contracting out work. I have a feeling my position will soon be contracted out and I will have to reapply for my job. We have staff cuts yearly which makes me wonder about my job security.

Overall the people I work with and my actual job is great but upper management is not doing a good job at keeping moral or treating it's current employees well or providing a clear path for advancement. Because of this I sadly just consider this another job and not somewhere where I can build up a career.
Poor management!! Reviews are based on whether you fit in their click rather then on knowlege and eagerness to learn proper workflow. Techs are nice!
There was no chance to be promoted if you were over 40 and not in a managers click of gaming buddies. Job is now being outsourced to India.
The pay and benefits were good as was the amount of PTO if you could get it approved.
Pros
Pay, healthcare and amount of PTO
Cons
The customer never comes first, just how many IT tickets can be created.
I was fortunate enough go through their versant program..Thoroughly trained in the ICU straight from grad school..I really appreciated the opportunity grantec
If you like long hours and working with people this is the place for you. Worked here for a while. Staff on floors were pretty nice for the most part.
Pros
Fun
● Work-life balance
Its standard nursing shifts .working midnight's is already hard to have free time

● Pay & benefits

Pay to work ratio sucks

● Overall

You would be better off working in a nursing home. It's the same amount of work and probably more pays. Ascension is about the money so don't ever expect to get more of a raise
Enjoyed being a part of this mission driven company. My colleagues were all amazing and we worked together as a team. Great opportunities if you are interested.
Management doesn’t listen. You aren’t appreciated, list goes on. They sound promising but can’t keep staff, for obvious reasons. Keep looking, seriously!
Pros
Cons
Pay and benefits
Great company to work for. It was very close to home, and I had great coworkers. Had the necessary supplies needed in order to perform your job duties.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
I feel like I go to work with my family. I have worked there for 11 years, so it feels like home to me. The only reason I am looking for a new job is because I have a new degree.
Cons
Depends on the day. Sometimes not staffed properly.
September 21, 2020
Thank you so much for your review and your passion and commitment to Ascension! We would love to find an opportunity for you within our network! Please reach out to us at Careers@Ascension.org so we can celebrated 22 years with you!!
This was a great place to work, and I was part of a very talented and cohesive team. The paid time off was generous and their salaries were very competitive.In general, this was a very supportive environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and supportive environment
Cons
The health benefits could have been a little better.
The TA management team is unprofessional. They hire unrefined managers so they are easily controlled. Some are more concerned about their dating life than their own employees. They play favorites. Of you don't have long blonde hair you can basically forget about career advancement
Virtually no diversity on the team and minorities are given heavier workloads. If you bring issues up, you vilianized or constructively terminated. Employment at will is used to get rid of those they don't like. Managers are inept and under qualified.
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
Biased, plays favorites unprofessional stressful positions. They need diversity training.
September 21, 2020
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. We regret to hear that your experience is not meeting your expectations. You raise some very serious issues and we would like to talk to you about them more with you - we want to be able to address and make positive changes so that you can have the experience you deserve. Please feel free to email us at Careers@Ascension.org - we respect you and your voice and want to help where we can.
Always room for growth and advancement. They promote mobility and advancement from within. During COVID-19 they attempted to keep everyone working, at all costs. They took immediate action on sending the every associates home that they were able to.
Pros
Competitive pay, flexible hours
Cons
N/a