Ascensus Employee Reviews

Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
I would arrive at work and log on to take calls until the end of my shift. Learned tons about 529 plans and the different rules that each state has in regards to their plans. Management was better than most places, but allowed financial representatives to walk all over the company representatives. Easier validation than a bank, but more vague. Hardest part of job was figuring out what caller was trying to do and teach them the jargon of the industry. That can be easy, sometimes not so much. They hired brand new people instead of awarded full time employment to temporary workers that had been there for over a year, real motivation killer. Free food through out year.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Advancement
Ascensus
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2018
Ascensus was by far my favorite place to work . The environment wa wonderful . Everyone made you feel welcome and at home . Management was helpful and always there to assist you . Training was thorough and there was plenty of room for growth as well as overtime .
Short breaks
Retirement Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 23, 2018
Very busy. High volume. 2-3 meetings throughout the day.

Very short breaks. They often brought in food for the employees so we did not have to leave for lunch during busy times.
Work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 24, 2018
I really liked and enjoyed working with and for Asensus i loved the people i worked with and you learn so much working there and the management were awsome
Pros
It's a great place to work for
Cons
That i had to leave what i was beginning to enjoy and the people
n/a
Quality Engineering-Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAApril 20, 2018
Great place to work.The culture there is great.Good benefits. Paid vacation.There are times in IT it will require longer hours. However, depending on the Manager they will work with the Associates for the long hours. Great Family life/work balance.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Retirement Service Consultant
Retirement Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2018
First time working with Ascensus overall great company, work and life balance, and lots of resources. Great training program, but once getting into the role it feels like a call center taking back to back calls. The amount of work is overwhelming and they have unrealistic goals set for their associates.
Pros
great benefits, resources, people
Cons
micro-managed, overwhelming work load, management does not take feedback
Good Company
Sr. QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newton,MAMarch 24, 2018
Overall good place to work . Still lot of old technologies used and slowing moving to AWS and cloud based. Future looks bright at this company. Its old UPromise
Great place
Processor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work. Great environment and the employees were easy to get along with. They treat you like you’re one of them even if you are a contractor.
Pros
Someone is always bringing in food for everyone!
Cons
Someone is always bringing in food for everyone! Gained some weight!! LOL
great place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 22, 2018
The Account Coordinator is the advocate for driving the total Beauty business. They are the ultimate Beauty guru owning all events and education around their assigned brand, which they leverage to increase traffic & drive sales for total Macy's beauty. They are the experts of the product line, beauty culture and selling techniques for their assigned brand, however they cultivate an environment of continuous learning for all Beauty associates on the floor. The Account Coordinator leads the elevation of service by empowering all Beauty associates to become beauty experts, and increase multi-brand selling across the floor. They own the promotional calendar for their brand - strategizing & executing all events from National launches to grassroots events which speak to the local customers' beauty fingerprint. The Account Coordinator will also perform other duties as assigned.
Solid Work Place many long time employees
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 19, 2018
I had the pleasure of being a contract project manager for a short period of time and I must say that the entire staff from the Owner of the company to the staff in the kitchen were entirely approachable, thoughtful and provided help when needed.

Many employees that had been there for a long time were not interested in contractors as friends/co-workers.
Pros
Very collaborative
Cons
Very political
Over managed and underpaid
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 18, 2018
There is a different set of rules for those that have been working there more than 5-10 years and those that are there 1-2 years. The longer tenured employees feel entitled, work from home much more and generally do less work.
Pros
Can wear jeans
Cons
Odd Management Style
The only thing I enjoyed about this job was my coworkers
Retirement Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2018
This is the most unorganized group of people I've ever worked with. They don't even know how to handle client issues because they don't have any one real way of handling certain problems.

No real breaks either. You're only allowed to leave your desk for bathroom and short 5 minute breaks. Even so, you can't really take breaks in between phone calls since you have so much work that gets backed up. Only real break is lunch, and many just work through it since it's always so busy.

Trying to reach out to internal departments to solve an issue is almost impossible. Other departments are always moody and never really want to help you. You're basically stuck doing things that aren't even in your work description. When you do find yourself in this position, however, management will yell at you for not following company policy. You're basically screwed.

You can report issues or provide feedback to management, but they will never do anything about it.

Nevertheless, coworkers, not superiors, are some of the best people you'll ever meet. Too bad they are undercompensated for what they do.
Pros
Generous benefits
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized, no structure, favoritism
Worst job ever do not apply they do not care of there employees
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 11, 2018
This is the worst job ever they overload you with tons of work they encourage you not to take breaks management is lazy and they do not help they are horrible they owe me a check from my last week of work they did not pay me (Do not apply to this job it is really bad )and everyday you go to work scared wondering if they are going to fire you this is a bad job
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad management there lazy and they discourage you from taking a break there bad
Review
Senior Financial Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNFebruary 10, 2018
Ascensus is an excellent company to work for. The staff and management are very supportive and great to work with. I would recommend Ascensus as a company to work for.
Ok company, poor pay, bad management
Retirement Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2018
Overall, Ascensus is a good company. Managment doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Pay should be raised. 401k employer contributions and vesting schedules are a joke. Management set false expectations.
Pros
You learn a lot and develop great skills
Cons
Pay, no breaks, management, processes
Best in the area
Senior Retirement Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJanuary 22, 2018
In the Brainerd, MN area you won't find a more complete career with advancement opportunities and benefits availability. Locations across the country and growing rapidly make the company very enticing.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Remote Accommodations
Cons
Growing too fast
Best place I've ever worked
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2018
Everyone who works here is so professional and genuinely nice it's unbelievable. Didn't stay long because I had to relocate but this is such an amazing company from upper management to the peer-level. Job itself was rewarding and teamwork is encouraged, this place is unlike any other call-center, pay is competitive, environment is beautiful and modern and call-volume isn't anxiety-inducing. Would highly recommend!

Tip- Don't slack on your interview, bring your A-game and show your personality and work-ethic as much as possible, there's a reason people who work here are so great and it's because management does a great job of selecting who will work well with others and add to the amazing environment.
Good Temp Job
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2018
If your looking for something temporary then this is a good place. You have the potential to go permanent but be prepared to jump through hoops. They are very flexible.
Did not intend to leave
Compliance Servicing Specialist- CISP (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 5, 2018
My employment ended unexpectedly due to lack of communication and new management. There were no steps taken to inform me of anything prior to releasing me. Prior to this I intended to work there for the "long haul" Was very happy with my employment and EXTREMELY upset how things were handled upon me leaving.
Maybe if you LIVE to WORK - apply here.
Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJanuary 3, 2018
If you are in any kind of client service or operational role, you WILL be stressed out consistently. You can kiss goodbye any semblance of work/life balance - be prepared to work an exhausting 9-10 hours a day WITHOUT any sense of accomplishment. The company should show some concern to the over-worked and under-trained employees (under-staffed departments as well) I tried so hard everyday, but it was useless and depressing. Please do not apply at any client servicing or operation position unless you want to work almost 50 hours a week with minimal training and assistance. I honestly wish I could be more positive about this company - I had such high hopes. I know people who have been here for years, and they all admit it is stressful and difficult but at least they're getting promotions and working in decent departments. HR and Management really make it seem like it's sunshine and rainbows at the interview... Additionally, they will mention working from home a couple days a week (awesome, right?) but you WILL NOT, they always come up with excuses. Nobody in the entire department did, even though they basically promise it during interviews. Disaster! Feeling so much more relieved and happy I left.
Pros
Cafeteria - that's it!
Cons
Long hours, stressful, high-pressure, low pay