Ascensus Employee Reviews

Avoid working here
Staff Attorney (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAMarch 14, 2019
While pay and benefits are good (as are some of the co-workers) I would not have taken this job had I known that I would be working at a glorified call center. I have a law degree and was hired as a staff attorney (after several months of interviews and really silly personality and spatial reasoning tests). However I was given a lot of material to learn in a short time with the expectation that I would be "getting on the phones" - basically working customer support. Before I took take the requisite exam at the end of the training , I was let go of because my manager in MN (I was in PA) didn't feel I was grasping the material. A terrible, stress-inducing company. Read the reviews by employees and customers. I am so glad to be out of there!
The Worst Job Ever
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 21, 2019
Truly the worst management ever with no management training. Massive work load and unrealistic expectations and very little job growth or potential. The company has very difficult and antiquated technology that further prohibits you from doing your job well.
Pros
PTO - Some work from home
Cons
Very little PTO time approved and no job growth. Toxic environment.
Pleasant atmosphere
529 College Plan Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 15, 2019
Ascensus is a great company to work for. If you have questions, everyone was ready and willing to help answer and guide you to the correct answers. Management was awesome and willing to help when needed.
Pros
Willingness to help, diner downstairs, beautiful landscape.
nothing to say
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 8, 2019
I have nothing to say about this company really just a normal company to work for and they were nice to work for and I do miss the other employees that still have a job there
Horrible
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2019
Not worth your time. Training was for a week to learn how to process 529 Plans. They will only hire you as a temp. You will not receive a heads up on when they will lay you off just the day of. If work is slow they will send you home with shorter check. For the work that you do, with such a short deadline and remembering state laws for each state, it is not worth the time or stress.
Great company if you have a good manager
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PA 19025January 15, 2019
I work in a very fast paced high stress division but overall Ascensis is a great comp ay to work for. My manager is laid back but so intelligent. I really enjoy working here.
Installation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PANovember 27, 2018
Provides a career path for those who thrive for professional development. The Transition Services Team owns the on boarding of new start up plans, transfer plans, and internal conversions.
Csr
Retirement Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 26, 2018
No room for growth, compensation is good however the health benefits are lacking. Management not very helpful and the have too many projects which does not allow for them to help with the team. Lack of communication.
Poor and Dishonest Management
Desktop Services Engineer Lead (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PANovember 26, 2018
I was a Desktop Services Engineer Lead from March '18 to November '18. My manager was satisfied with my performance, No negative feedback from anyone. I did the job well among other positives. All of a sudden, one day I get call from HR while I am on lunch during working hours that I have been let go. This was absolute shock... I called my boss and he brings up stories of how I left people dead in the water when I worked at a remote site for a day and I told him that is absolutely false (among other words) and would NEVER do that. Among other stories as well. He referred to something that supposedly took place 5 months ago. I told him that if he had a problem with my performance, then why the heck did he not speak with me somewhere along the line so I can do whatever he wanted me to work on. I asked him for at least a reference via email and he said that he does not want to be a reference and to not contact him any further. He went psycho...
Pros
It was 10 minutes away from home
Cons
too many to list.
Ascensus
Senior Software Engineer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 6, 2018
nothing to say. I enjoyed my time with the company and good people to work with. Culture was to liberal for anyone with Christian morals. Management to moved by small liberal groups.

Want to know more about Ascensus?

Ask a question
Unfocused
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 29, 2018
Despite their claims to the contrary, the company appears to be an unfocused pile of acquisitions, looking to stake a hold in some part of the financial services landscape to augment its powerhouse 529 business, maybe state sponsored retirement plans, maybe benefits consulting, maybe some other type of hybrid fintech company, but it's all over the place. They love youth and loyalty, don't much care for new ideas regardless of their protests otherwise, and have some great folks that spin their wheels trying to do who knows what, since the vague objectives that exist are always moving targets anyway.
Pros
Treat employees reasonably well
Cons
Daily confusion
They brought in many meals for free when calls were high.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 30, 2018
I liked working for this company. I liked the staff and the co-workers. What I did not like was the agency told all of us in the class it would be contract to perm. Then the bottom fell out the first day of class when the instructor informed us we would be laid off sooner than later. There were a lot of folks that just left for other jobs and some stayed. I was one that stayed until the end. They had about 3 rounds of layoffs and I was the 3rd set. I enjoyed knowing I had a place to go everyday and the calls were not that bad. Some folks were nice and some real rude. I took between 74-76 a day. Some were easy just reset my pin or my password. Those were fast and that gave you a little more time with the concerned calls.

It seemed like they ran the candy cart around to give you a little lift in the afternoon. The work had to get done so they would send out for all types of food. They also had various pastries come in. They provided coffee, tea and hot chocolate at your convenience. I gained a few pounds lol but the calls were answered and I did feel appreciated somewhat until the job ended. We worked from 8 am - 8pm and sometimes on Sat and Sun. But you volunteered no one pushed you. I wanted the OT.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
job ended
Advance from within
DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJuly 23, 2018
Flexible lunch schedules. Management does not micro manage. Most decisions are left up to you as they trust you make the right decision. Work load varies from day to day, one day you may be overwhelmed and the next bored beyond belief. If you like to learn they have a lot of in house training available. After one year you may get the opportunity to work from home 3-4 days. Most higher level jobs come from with in. You are definitely working in a specialty market. Biggest thing to know is they are mostly a record keeping company, not a retirement company.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Pay is low to start
A job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 2, 2018
I was temporary. They did n't find a permanent role for me. They had to absorb the permanent employees they already had from their acquisition. I wanted to stay.
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
I would arrive at work and log on to take calls until the end of my shift. Learned tons about 529 plans and the different rules that each state has in regards to their plans. Management was better than most places, but allowed financial representatives to walk all over the company representatives. Easier validation than a bank, but more vague. Hardest part of job was figuring out what caller was trying to do and teach them the jargon of the industry. That can be easy, sometimes not so much. They hired brand new people instead of awarded full time employment to temporary workers that had been there for over a year, real motivation killer. Free food through out year.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Advancement
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2018
Ascensus was by far my favorite place to work . The environment wa wonderful . Everyone made you feel welcome and at home . Management was helpful and always there to assist you . Training was thorough and there was plenty of room for growth as well as overtime .
Short breaks
Retirement Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 23, 2018
Very busy. High volume. 2-3 meetings throughout the day.

Very short breaks. They often brought in food for the employees so we did not have to leave for lunch during busy times.
Work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 24, 2018
I really liked and enjoyed working with and for Asensus i loved the people i worked with and you learn so much working there and the management were awsome
Pros
It's a great place to work for
Cons
That i had to leave what i was beginning to enjoy and the people
n/a
Quality Engineering-Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAApril 20, 2018
Great place to work.The culture there is great.Good benefits. Paid vacation.There are times in IT it will require longer hours. However, depending on the Manager they will work with the Associates for the long hours. Great Family life/work balance.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Retirement Service Consultant
Retirement Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2018
First time working with Ascensus overall great company, work and life balance, and lots of resources. Great training program, but once getting into the role it feels like a call center taking back to back calls. The amount of work is overwhelming and they have unrealistic goals set for their associates.
Pros
great benefits, resources, people
Cons
micro-managed, overwhelming work load, management does not take feedback

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascensus. Our community is ready to answer.