Ascensus Employee Reviews

Ascensus
Installation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PANovember 27, 2018
Provides a career path for those who thrive for professional development. The Transition Services Team owns the on boarding of new start up plans, transfer plans, and internal conversions.
Csr
Retirement Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 26, 2018
No room for growth, compensation is good however the health benefits are lacking. Management not very helpful and the have too many projects which does not allow for them to help with the team. Lack of communication.
Poor and Dishonest Management
Desktop Services Engineer Lead (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PANovember 26, 2018
I was a Desktop Services Engineer Lead from March '18 to November '18. My manager was satisfied with my performance, No negative feedback from anyone. I did the job well among other positives. All of a sudden, one day I get call from HR while I am on lunch during working hours that I have been let go. This was absolute shock... I called my boss and he brings up stories of how I left people dead in the water when I worked at a remote site for a day and I told him that is absolutely false (among other words) and would NEVER do that. Among other stories as well. He referred to something that supposedly took place 5 months ago. I told him that if he had a problem with my performance, then why the heck did he not speak with me somewhere along the line so I can do whatever he wanted me to work on. I asked him for at least a reference via email and he said that he does not want to be a reference and to not contact him any further. He went psycho...
Pros
It was 10 minutes away from home
Cons
too many to list.
Unfocused
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 29, 2018
Despite their claims to the contrary, the company appears to be an unfocused pile of acquisitions, looking to stake a hold in some part of the financial services landscape to augment its powerhouse 529 business, maybe state sponsored retirement plans, maybe benefits consulting, maybe some other type of hybrid fintech company, but it's all over the place. They love youth and loyalty, don't much care for new ideas regardless of their protests otherwise, and have some great folks that spin their wheels trying to do who knows what, since the vague objectives that exist are always moving targets anyway.
Pros
Treat employees reasonably well
Cons
Daily confusion
They brought in many meals for free when calls were high.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 30, 2018
I liked working for this company. I liked the staff and the co-workers. What I did not like was the agency told all of us in the class it would be contract to perm. Then the bottom fell out the first day of class when the instructor informed us we would be laid off sooner than later. There were a lot of folks that just left for other jobs and some stayed. I was one that stayed until the end. They had about 3 rounds of layoffs and I was the 3rd set. I enjoyed knowing I had a place to go everyday and the calls were not that bad. Some folks were nice and some real rude. I took between 74-76 a day. Some were easy just reset my pin or my password. Those were fast and that gave you a little more time with the concerned calls.

It seemed like they ran the candy cart around to give you a little lift in the afternoon. The work had to get done so they would send out for all types of food. They also had various pastries come in. They provided coffee, tea and hot chocolate at your convenience. I gained a few pounds lol but the calls were answered and I did feel appreciated somewhat until the job ended. We worked from 8 am - 8pm and sometimes on Sat and Sun. But you volunteered no one pushed you. I wanted the OT.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
job ended
Advance from within
DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJuly 23, 2018
Flexible lunch schedules. Management does not micro manage. Most decisions are left up to you as they trust you make the right decision. Work load varies from day to day, one day you may be overwhelmed and the next bored beyond belief. If you like to learn they have a lot of in house training available. After one year you may get the opportunity to work from home 3-4 days. Most higher level jobs come from with in. You are definitely working in a specialty market. Biggest thing to know is they are mostly a record keeping company, not a retirement company.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Pay is low to start
A job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 2, 2018
I was temporary. They did n't find a permanent role for me. They had to absorb the permanent employees they already had from their acquisition. I wanted to stay.
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
I would arrive at work and log on to take calls until the end of my shift. Learned tons about 529 plans and the different rules that each state has in regards to their plans. Management was better than most places, but allowed financial representatives to walk all over the company representatives. Easier validation than a bank, but more vague. Hardest part of job was figuring out what caller was trying to do and teach them the jargon of the industry. That can be easy, sometimes not so much. They hired brand new people instead of awarded full time employment to temporary workers that had been there for over a year, real motivation killer. Free food through out year.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Advancement
Ascensus
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2018
Ascensus was by far my favorite place to work . The environment wa wonderful . Everyone made you feel welcome and at home . Management was helpful and always there to assist you . Training was thorough and there was plenty of room for growth as well as overtime .
Short breaks
Retirement Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 23, 2018
Very busy. High volume. 2-3 meetings throughout the day.

Very short breaks. They often brought in food for the employees so we did not have to leave for lunch during busy times.
Work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 24, 2018
I really liked and enjoyed working with and for Asensus i loved the people i worked with and you learn so much working there and the management were awsome
Pros
It's a great place to work for
Cons
That i had to leave what i was beginning to enjoy and the people
n/a
Quality Engineering-Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAApril 20, 2018
Great place to work.The culture there is great.Good benefits. Paid vacation.There are times in IT it will require longer hours. However, depending on the Manager they will work with the Associates for the long hours. Great Family life/work balance.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Retirement Service Consultant
Retirement Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2018
First time working with Ascensus overall great company, work and life balance, and lots of resources. Great training program, but once getting into the role it feels like a call center taking back to back calls. The amount of work is overwhelming and they have unrealistic goals set for their associates.
Pros
great benefits, resources, people
Cons
micro-managed, overwhelming work load, management does not take feedback
Good Company
Sr. QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newton,MAMarch 24, 2018
Overall good place to work . Still lot of old technologies used and slowing moving to AWS and cloud based. Future looks bright at this company. Its old UPromise
Great place
Processor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work. Great environment and the employees were easy to get along with. They treat you like you’re one of them even if you are a contractor.
Pros
Someone is always bringing in food for everyone!
Cons
Someone is always bringing in food for everyone! Gained some weight!! LOL
Solid Work Place many long time employees
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 19, 2018
I had the pleasure of being a contract project manager for a short period of time and I must say that the entire staff from the Owner of the company to the staff in the kitchen were entirely approachable, thoughtful and provided help when needed.

Many employees that had been there for a long time were not interested in contractors as friends/co-workers.
Pros
Very collaborative
Cons
Very political
Over managed and underpaid
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAFebruary 18, 2018
There is a different set of rules for those that have been working there more than 5-10 years and those that are there 1-2 years. The longer tenured employees feel entitled, work from home much more and generally do less work.
Pros
Can wear jeans
Cons
Odd Management Style
The only thing I enjoyed about this job was my coworkers
Retirement Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2018
This is the most unorganized group of people I've ever worked with. They don't even know how to handle client issues because they don't have any one real way of handling certain problems.

No real breaks either. You're only allowed to leave your desk for bathroom and short 5 minute breaks. Even so, you can't really take breaks in between phone calls since you have so much work that gets backed up. Only real break is lunch, and many just work through it since it's always so busy.

Trying to reach out to internal departments to solve an issue is almost impossible. Other departments are always moody and never really want to help you. You're basically stuck doing things that aren't even in your work description. When you do find yourself in this position, however, management will yell at you for not following company policy. You're basically screwed.

You can report issues or provide feedback to management, but they will never do anything about it.

Nevertheless, coworkers, not superiors, are some of the best people you'll ever meet. Too bad they are undercompensated for what they do.
Pros
Generous benefits
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized, no structure, favoritism
Worst job ever do not apply they do not care of there employees
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 11, 2018
This is the worst job ever they overload you with tons of work they encourage you not to take breaks management is lazy and they do not help they are horrible they owe me a check from my last week of work they did not pay me (Do not apply to this job it is really bad )and everyday you go to work scared wondering if they are going to fire you this is a bad job
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad management there lazy and they discourage you from taking a break there bad
Review
Senior Financial Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNFebruary 10, 2018
Ascensus is an excellent company to work for. The staff and management are very supportive and great to work with. I would recommend Ascensus as a company to work for.