Ascent Global Logistics

Working at Ascent Global Logistics: 34 Reviews

United States34 reviews

paymanagementjobworkgoodemployeelotoffice

Steady and still

Decent relax place to work with a comfortable work environment. Pay isn’t the Best Buy’s it great for a job straight out of college. Some room to move up but take a while

Great start

This is a great company to get started in logistics. There is a lot to learn but the team is there for you with any help you need. Pay is good and it’s remote.

Ascent Global Logistics insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great work environment

I didn’t leave Ascent because I hated it. Just wanted to try something new. It’s a great start and the logistics/transportation world and the pay is nice.

Great benefits and people

There are some long-term employees that really have set the culture to be a very accepting and friendly environment. Ascent is going through some growing pains right now, but the executive management is very motivated to make positive changes. The job can be very stressful as I work in the expedite division that manages unplanned emergency shipments. This division has often not hired for peak season as usually there are lulls in the business. Therefore when shipment counts are high the hours are long and stressful. These last two years it has consistently been busy, so work/life balance can be very difficult if you're in a manager or above role.

You will be lucky to last a year

Very dysfunctional company owned by Road Runner Transportation. They will all act like your best friend to get the most out of you then you will be let go.

Recent acquisition and reorganization has destroyed the culture.

Leadership encourages transparency up but zero transparency is reciprocated down. It's a survival atmosphere. More and more employees are stabbing each other in the back for the sake of self preservation. The ones that know better have left.

Pros

Turning into more of a start up, if you believe in the direction and keep your mouth shut then there could be opportunities.

Cons

Toxic atmosphere.

Productive but fun workplace. Great work/life balance. My favorite company to have worked for so far

I love it here. The managers are friendly and I don't feel worried about asking questions. The team I work with is wonderful. It's a group of women who really care about each other and support each other. 10/10.

Terrible Place to work, but great co workers

I have been with the company for 4 years now coming from 2 other logistics places. This is the worst managed company I have ever been apart of. Management will make promises in order to get what they want. Then when it comes time to deliver, they will make all the excuses in the world as to why they cannot hold up their end of the bargain. I was promised job promotions, raises, etc. I received the bare minimum, it only took me 3 months of looking before I found a company who offered more money, better benefits, less hours of work. The only positive I can say is that your peers are some of the greatest people you will meet. DO NOT WORK HERE. During exit interview, I was never asked for any feedback during my time here. This just goes to show how they don't care about improving. They will use and abuse you like drones.

Pros

Great co workers

Cons

everything else

Okay place to work at sometimes there's a lack of communication

It's an okay place to work at the information that there's a lot of them for the most part they give me no more time it's mostly regional work you're not really going to cross the country the miles are decent but not the most I've seen with a company

Pros

Good driver managers, decent pay, no micromanaging

Cons

Average miles, split breaks, tight appointment times

Work/life balance is good, but could pay better

Once you're learned the processes for your specific team, each day is pretty much the same. It can be a bit a repetitive, but it does help immensely with work/life balance or if you have other obligations outside fo work that require more of your energy. I have learnt a decent amount about the supply chain industry, but it is hard to move up. It feels as if you can only move laterally. Management overall is nice and appreciative. They are understanding and if you go out of your way to say you need help, they will do so. The culture isn't the strongest, but I appreciate management's efforts to throw some parties or skype (zoom) parties during times of Covid. The hardest part of the job is volume of work at times. Sometimes people from other teams or offices will need to help out. The most enjoyable is the work/life balance to focus on other things.

Pros

free lunches monthly

Cons

health insurance, salary

Leaders Do Not Have Experience/Knowledge to Do Their Jobs

After the mass layoff and split from Roadrunner, people were moved into vacated leadership roles. The leaders did not have working knowledge of teams they supported. in addition, during the layoff, they were only focused on salary. So the people with knowledge and experience were let go, which left lower level "doers" trying to fill the roles of leads, manager, directors. In addition the new Chairman has a shady past which says a lot about how the company views culture and respect. Overall, avoid this company if you can. Poor pay, extremely poor benefits, poor leadership, shady practices in the Corporate departments.

Pros

The "doers" who remained care and want to do the right thing

Cons

Poor Pay, Benefits, Leadership, Culture, Work Life Balance (at the "doer" level)

Easy work

Very monotonous work. Felt like a robot. No room for advancement. Literally felt like I was going to prison everyday not work. Pay was ok until they started not paying the bonus structure. You will be told so many things and then they will never happen. No direction whatsoever! Management sucked!!! If you want to lay around in misery until your death, this is the job for you !

Pros

Pay

Cons

24/7 on call poor management very stressful

A Sinking Ship

This company has been sinking ever since being sold to Roadrunner. The management is really poor - they just laid off a ton of people. No real value proposition in the marketplace. If you're looking for sales experience, you're better off selling literally anything but third party logistics. Their rates are garbage and the inside support is nonexistent. Everything is blamed on sales and you are constantly having to battle internally for every single shipment. Customers are constantly being called on by cheaper and better companies that will actually do what they say they will do. HR is very poor - and the management are from the 1980's and have no idea what they're doing.

Pros

A job

Cons

Literally everything else.

Fantastic on the local level. Disastrous on corporate level.

Fantastic front line employees on the local level made working for Ascent a pleasure. The local leadership team (Hudson, OH.) was amongst the best I've ever experienced in my professional career. A supportive, family oriented culture made life in the office pleasant and enjoyable. Leadership on the executive level (Cudahy, WI.) is disjointed and poorly aligned. Poor communication leads to confusion and doubt. There is a severe lack of trust in the executive leadership team and experienced sales and operations employees often talk to each other about the lack of direction and knowledge.

Good employees

Easy going team. Good work life balance. Not a lot of room for promotion. Managers were easy to work with and they clear and concise when leading the finance department.

miles are not good

this company is from the north east the name is roadrunner/ascent power and they only run north east you will be gone for 8 to 12 days and you might reach 2500 mils a 7 day week sitting at customers load and unload on ever load about 3 to 6 hrs each time these are broker loads thats all they have.and the money is not good so if you won't another ding on you work history go there because you won't last. this company was called sergeant at one time they change there name that was a bad company out of main. its on you now you know

Cons

Great place to work if you are OK with unfair office politics and favoritism.

All in all, it was a great experience, but I do not like the favoritism that is blatantly displayed. There is a "high-school-esq" atmosphere where it is the popular kids vs. the rest. At this point in my life, that is not what I wanted to have to work through. The office politics were too much for me, I did not like that. I also feel that I lost my job unfairly. Until that point, I did love to work there.

Energetic and motivating

I am energetic self motivating person. i would like to find an opportunity out of the Transportation Industry. Looking to grow with a company in the Charlotte metro area. I have 20 years of experience and have an extensive customer base.

Great job, mediocre pay.

I honestly loved my job. I learned a lot about logistics and had many opportunities for advancement. My co-workers and Boss were the best. I was always challenged and learned something new everyday. I was sad to leave due to moving. The only downside to this company was my salary. This company will have a revolving door of employees unless they improve their pay structure.

Stay far away!

I worked at this company for 1 year. There is no room for advancement, the employees are severely underpaid, and the management is awful in the accounts receivable and accounts payable department. HR is a complete joke and does not take complaints of harassment seriously. This place has a very high turn over rate. They even told us not to expect raises in 2020, as they are performing poorly. Do not waste your time here.

Not worth it

Dont do the lease program, you will be sitting alot.To make money you need to be fully preplanned they dont prioritize that at all. Horrible dispatch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascent Global Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits