Ascentra Credit Union Employee Reviews

Not what they claim to be
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJuly 25, 2019
They say they care about their employees but they do not. If management see's that you are willing to take on new tasks they will keep you where you are and not allow you to advance when they see they can give you more responsibilities without additional pay.
no job security if child bearing / complications of labor
Credit Union Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 7, 2019
I worked there in 05-06 and due to my pregnancy I had a torn cervix asked not to lift more then 15 lbs ( money bags) I was laid off til my children were born in August(7weeks early) and had to fight for job back. Then it was he said she said they sent me a Congratulations plant but told labor board I never notified of my kids birth and being mom of 2 I didn't fight it I just had more on my plate then more stress and drama of that job.
Pros
pleasant co workers
Cons
workplace when pregnatn with limitations
Nice company
Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJanuary 10, 2019
A great place to build skills and knowledge. This company listened to employee suggestions and provided for internal promotion opportunities. A solid career building company.
N/a
Call Center Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 18, 2018
It is a fun and competitive workplace. Everyone gets along and they are much of a team player environment. Paid vacation, Great Benefits, and overall a good place to work
Great co-workers
Member Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJuly 17, 2018
In my short time there I have met some really amazing people. Most co-workers are willing to help in their area of expertise. Training could be better but the company is growing and I'm sure they will accommodate accordingly in the future.
Friendly workplace
Senior Account Officer/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJune 22, 2018
Really enjoyed working here. Company is friendly as a whole by helping the community in many different ways. Laid back company and the amount you make was based on how hard you worked. Really enjoyed being able to help costumers and paying to have casual Fridays knowing that money was going to a good cause.
I love working with our membership
Senior Account Officer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 28, 2018
Conveniently located, our membership is very loyal to us. some changes in management has caused them to take a different vision on caring for staffs needs, pay and benefits. Many incentives have been taken away. We are required to constantly do CPD classes. It is great they offer them but it should not be required.
Pros
Locations, friendly membership
Cons
Req 39.5 hrs a wk, cpd classes, slow computers, online issues, atm issues
Amazing staff and values
Account Officer (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IA 52722April 4, 2018
Great place to work, smaller credit union so not as much room to move up or get raise. Health insurance is unrealistic. They are all about the members and giving back.
Bilingual Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 7, 2018
Enjoyed my time at ascentra but if u leave off on a good note its hard to get your job back. Enjoyed my coworkers but can get hectic if someone calls off
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Always donating to charity every week
Great place, great people!
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAFebruary 3, 2018
Ascentra is a wonderful place to work. Management there truly care about the people they employ and work hard to do what's right by them by being as flexible as possible and treating people fairly. Top leadership is comprised of truly good people, and are very good at what they do, making it easy to trust and follow them. The atmosphere at Ascentra is one of a team that is working together to do the best job we can for our members and the community. I am proud to work here!!
Great place for career oriented individuals
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 2, 2018
I have worked several other places before working at Ascentra and I will say that the managers here actually care about you. If you put in the effort the sky is the limit. Co-workers are like family and the culture is a rare breed.
Pros
Culture, Advancement Opportunities
Community Oriented Values Employees
Former Teller (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 29, 2016
Great place to work and grow your career. Majority of Senior Management started out on the teller line and have a connection with the entry level employees.

Great benefits, educational reimbursement, opportunities to volunteer in the community and get paid for it.

You can tell management cares about all employees and strive to create a family environment.
Pros
Oppotunities for upward mobility, Annual Bonus, Robust retirment plan
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAAugust 8, 2016
A great place to start and/or advance your career. Ascentra is a non profit organization who values giving back to the community and treating their employee's with the highest standards.
Ascentra Credit Union - Lack of Career Growth (Stepping Stone)
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 3, 2015
Non-Professional Work Environment without the proper training and tools to succeed.

Poorly compensated for the work being done

Friendly group of co-workers but too much play time and not enough focus on work. Need to work on professionalism at Ascentra.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Poor Training, Unprofessional work environment
great customer service
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJanuary 18, 2015
great customer service on daily basis. Management was always on top of everything and made sure all employees felt like they were having fair treatment.
Fun customers
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Davenport IowaNovember 2, 2013
A regular day at the office would be Open & Close office. Direct customers where they need to go. Process customer transactions with a smile.

Everday is a learning day, lots to learn from other offices what they do and how they process. I learned about all services and products offered by the credit union. I learned tomorrow is a new day.

Management was more behind seens. Worked toogether as a team.

Co-workers great to work with, fun to be around, never a dull moment

Not being given a chance to advance in other departments.

I enjoy the customer relationship's
Being able to solve problems and help the member experience an outstanding visit.
Pros
year end bonus, incentives
Cons
slow advancement oppertunities
Great place to work.
Scanning Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyed my days there. Great people to work for. Manager very compassionate and had a great interaction with employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Uniform

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascentra Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ascentra Credit Union Reviews by Location