Ascentria Care Alliance Employee Reviews

friendly work environment
office attendant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 17, 2019
i work per Diem and the staff is wonderful. i work various shifts when available. great job for extra cash and little commitment. The residents are great. If you like working with older people and have the mind to help them adjust to their life changes this a perfect job.
Pros
meals are discounted for employees
Cons
unable to leave station without coverage
Interned here
Intern (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 30, 2019
Wondeful staff and management. Great work culture. Pay should be increased though. There are many wonderful opportunities and programs to work within and collaborate alongside.
Friendly environment
Family Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 20, 2019
Its sad watching kids not get placed in homes and alot "age out' at 18. Consider becoming a foster parent! Management is helpful, the agency, the kids and families suffer from the policies in place by government. I loved assisting families with issues with school like evaluating Individualized Education Plan (IEPS's) this was the best part of the job I found my niche.
Goo
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 12, 2019
They don't want to pay, there was issue with management. There was no room for growth at this agency. I don't see myself working for this agency in the future.
All Talk, No Action
RSW/CRMA (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MaineApril 27, 2019
Upon starting this job, I had high hopes that I was joining a company that strived for greatness and cared about their employees and clients. This place is not what I signed up for.
Employees are neglectful towards their clients. They sit on their phones while ignoring the clients. Team leaders do the same. Team leaders lie to make themselves look better to upper management and the word of “the little guy” doesn’t matter. Staff members will tell you they are there for a paycheck, not the clients. Team leaders will belittle and make their employees feel tiny compared to them because of their “higher job title”. When in tough situations or asking for more staff due to unsafe conditions, there is no support from team leader or upper management. The “on call” support will not come in to help you regardless of the situation you are in. When asking for more training due to unique client situations, you will be told there will be some and then no follow through. The work/life balance is unmanageable due to team leaders and upper management demanding you to be at certain staff meetings or trainings/meetings at THEIR convenience instead of yours. If you need to make changes to your schedule, they are not accommodating. There are multiple clients that should not be with this company for multiple reasons. Communication, follow through, and lack of compassionate workers are the three biggest downfalls of this company.
There is no proud moment of working here.
Pros
Paid time off, clients, entry level healthcare position
Cons
Short staffed, low morale, team leaders, upper management, work/life balance
Not a good place to work
CRMA/DSP (Former Employee) –  MaineApril 1, 2019
The upper management has no follow through, or communication with staff. The turn over rate is high. They have a lot of warm bodies that are constantly on their phones on social media, rather than interacting with clients, including management and nothing is ever done about staff who don’t uphold their part of the job. A lot of the staff do most of the Team Leaders job. Team Leader make their own hours and lie about the correct amount of hours they’re doing. Trainings are a joke as they’re usually Team leaders teaching them, and they play around more than teach. The pay is low.
Pros
They rarely fire people because of the dire need for employees
Cons
A lot
Not a positive environment
Pcsp (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 6, 2019
Very hostile work environment. The other PCA was stealing and doing drugs while living with the client. I did not want to be in that type of environment so I decided to seek other employment.
Proud to Work Here!
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJanuary 15, 2019
I love working for Ascentria and what this company stands for! The atmosphere is comfortable. I know that if I have any sort of question or problem it will be addressed in a professional and caring manner. The managers are very strong and knowledgeable. Recently there have been some changes and improvements, with more to come in the future! I couldn't be happier to have come on board!
Pros
Flexible hours, strong team, knowledgeable management
Caustic environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 4, 2019
One of my first one-on-one meetings I was told the environment there was caustic. Over the next 19 months I attempted to change that for the better but to no avail. It is the worst managed, least employee-friendly company I have ever been involved with.
rewarding and productive
Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 3, 2018
it is amazing to be able to help people with limited english proficiency. very rewarding . courts and legal matters are the most challenging ones but as you get more assignments it becomes easier.
Fun place to work
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoyed worked with Ascentria for little bit over 10 years, and definitely will miss it.
In term of management, Flexibility, and salary, it was one of the greatest jobs that I have ever had.
In home care is difficult, stressful, and underpaid
Personal Care Services Provider (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 1, 2018
The culture does not provide a promote from within atmosphere, management is too focused on keeping employees in the role of care taker because of the desperate need to fill these positions. They cannot fill them because the pay is not competitive.
Pros
Flexiblehours
Cons
Monotonous
Company does alot of social work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Cash Application (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 4, 2018
Ascentria is a company that has many different sectors if you will. It is a company that helps refugees, foster children, In home care, Transportation. The company has offices in CT, NH, MA, ME. Ascentria is a good place to work. Managers are flexible. They do a lot for the employees. Dress code is casual. Can work from home if permitted. There is a relaxed atmosphere but the end of month can be very fast paced.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, Casual.
Cons
Healthcare, communication
Good company to work for
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 13, 2018
Ascentria is a good company to work for. The wages paid for employees are a bit lower than recommended for the work employees perform, however, the work environment is good and staff and management are supportive when necessary.
I enjoyed the elderly residence
HUD compliance facilitator (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 7, 2018
Good work environment. Residents were very grateful for any and all things you did for them. Building was penalized by HUD and needed to be brought up to their standards.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
Lack of supplies.
Grant Writer
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Working for Ascentria was enjoyable but it was only a grant that lasted only one year.

I would return to work with this company but as I understand it they continue grant work and I would like to move on.
Don’t do it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 21, 2018
Not paid enough for what is required of the CNA. The managers play favorites. Always changing things to fit their needs. Always cutting quality for the budget.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Too long a list
Horrible Agency
DSP/CRMA (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEFebruary 18, 2018
I started for this agency when it was Lutheran Social services in 2010. I gave my life to this agency for years as a full time employee. If you want to work over time, and NOT be appreciated for it than this is the place for you to work! Easily 50-70 hours a week, some weeks I’d put in 80 hours. This is an agency where the “higher ups” are paid generously and have a “normal work week”, if you’re a DSP you make barely minimum wage and have so many expectations. This agency is very understaffed, unappreciative, and is very cliquey... sadly it’s like being in middle school with adults.
The Mental Health side of this agency is the place to go if you want to cheat on your wife/ significant other. Very low morale throughout the Auburn and Westbrook agency as a whole.
They will ask you to fudge paperwork and lie about billing. The trainings are almost impossible to fail, mostly due to the instructors giving you the answers during the tests.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Mentally unstable supervisors, pay, the work, everything
Poor Management has ruined this company
Staff (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 9, 2018
There really is no kind way to say it. Management has ruined this company and its not likely to recover anytime soon given the political environment nationally.

No raises for years, however multiple additional managers and vice presidents have been added. Look if you have been paying attention to the work environment/culture the last few years you know the deal. The top get rich, the bottom? You work to make them money. Thats how it is at ascentria, go read the reviews.

Thats not the worst part. The worst part is you have people that have been there for DECADES and make great money and have bottle necked the whole operation. If you are talented, youre screwed. You will be targeted, you will be isolated and held back. They arent looking for talent, they are looking for bodies/mules.

Go read the other reviews, no need to elaborate much. If you are thinking about taking a job with this company you will regret it.
Pros
some decent staff
Cons
The list is too long
Top Heavy
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 9, 2018
Ascentria Care Alliance has a lot of issues with Management. The upper management kept expanding and the workers kept being laid off.

It was a terrible place to work in that you were underpaid (compared to your counterparts in the Programs). You were expected to do your work with no formal training and your direct supervisor not knowing the programs in and outs.

The moral was terrible and everyone was on edge worried about their jobs. There were employees who would come in two hours late, stage their desks to look like they were in the building and leave come back at 3 p.m. and then leave for the day.

The enjoyable part of the job was working with the refugees and helping them adjust to the US

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascentria Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.