ASD - Answering Service for Directors Employee Reviews

Worth the work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2019
I recommended ASD to anyone. I found this job difficult at the beginning because everything was new and I didn’t know what to do. I know more now and feel more confident in responding to callers. Benefits are great, working schedules are amazing, getting to work from home after 9 months on the job is an amazing benefit and having many extra shifts to pick up is great. I greatly appreciate how my weekly schedule does not change unless I give my hours to someone else. To anyone applying, the job seems complicated and overwhelming at first, but what job isn’t. After a few weeks everyone gets the hang of things. That negative comment made was not describing ASD. That person clearly did not like the weekly bonuses, 2 or more days off weekly, nice clean working environment, getting to exercise which leads to more weekly bonuses and everyone’s hospitality. ASD is patient with absolutely everyone no matter how long you have been there and it shows.
Pros
Weekly bonuses, extra shifts always available, weekly schedule never changes unless you want it to change.
Cons
Can’t think of any
Not Call Specialist
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Media, PANovember 4, 2018
Reviews are high considering low retention rate. I would definitely not recommend here. They are prejudice, petty and overall disrespectful. Trainers would ignore you and have the most ignorant conversations. Clearly, prefer certain race and no problem telling you, you don't fit in the misery. No genuine people lil worse than their clients. They will correct you to try to embarrass you. Benefits are trash so I guess they get what they give, and they are so far out expect you to be at work in a state of emergency storm. They will pretend to follow protocol when they really do not follow standards make up nonesense like silly computer system.
Pros
Im out
Cons
I was there
December 4, 2018

Wow! As always, we appreciate the feedback from any and all employees, but feel we must express the fact that most of the statements made in this particular review are inaccurate and just untrue. Our family has worked so hard to create a company where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We do strive to treat every employee with sincerity, genuineness and respect. This goal is supported by ASD’s company culture, which fosters a positive work environment for all of our staff.

While it is obviously hard to please everyone, we have many long-time and very loyal employees who have been with us for over a decade, and more than half of our staff has been with ASD for three years or longer. The picture you paint of ASD’s retention rate is quite inaccurate. The exact opposite is true in fact – our attrition rate here at ASD is incredibly low at 2%. Our company would not be able to retain such experienced staff if our employees were treated in the manner you describe

Your accusations of racism are beyond ridiculous. Just look at any of our company event photos and you will find a diverse mix of people.

ASD’s trainers do not correct any employees in an attempt to embarrass anyone. We are constantly challenged with the task of ensuring that our proven call control practices are diligently followed. It is critical to everyone’s success. We do counsel our employees when they make a mistake, as any responsible company would. It is very important that our staff sounds empathetic on the phone as they are speaking to people who are often experiencing the worst day of  more... their lives. Most of our employees welcome an opportunity to improve their skills and grow while providing comfort to someone in need.

Your comments about ASD’s benefits being “trash” are without any basis whatsoever. In addition to healthcare, 401k and college tuition reimbursement, we offer many incentives and attendance bonuses to our staff. Quality work, reliability and commitment are, in fact, rewarded and there are dozens of examples of it under our roof. We’ve tried to create an environment where hard work and commitment are greatly encouraged and rewarded.

In addition to these incentives, we are also one of few companies where employees can earn a home computer and pick up extra shifts to work from home. Having this freedom is why so many of our employees have remained part of the ASD team for many years. It also gives our staff a lot of flexibility when a bad storm requires everyone to work together as a team.

We’re sorry your experience wasn’t a positive one here at ASD. It sounds like it just wasn’t a good fit. Best of luck to you.

Burnout
Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJune 3, 2018
I worked at ASD for several years and got great rewards on calls, excellent yearly reviews, a lot of money, but I didn't account for the job burnout I'd experience which led to my work performance slacking because I was exhausted, mentally and physically. The job itself is mind numbing and I couldn't handle the emotional moms calling to report the passing of their 12 year old son from suicide or drug OD. The managenenymt was all cliqued up. There is no security in this job: turnover rate was like nothing I've seen before. Good luck if u choose be employed here. You will be miserble every single day except every other week when u see ur paycheck (only good part about this job).
Pros
Bonuses for not calling out, coming bk from brk on tine on time and not leaving early and riding exercise equipment. bg ear
Cons
Cliqued up management
July 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value the input of our employees and appreciate you sharing your experience. You are right about opportunities for extra monetary rewards and incentives – both are plentiful here. I am sorry to hear you struggled with the emotional aspects of the job. We tell every employee who works at ASD on their first day of training that they are going to be speaking to callers on the worst day of their lives. There is no denying that these calls are challenging. However, attitude is everything. For some, answering these difficult calls may cause burn out, yes, but so many of our employees tell us how rewarding they find it to be able to help people through such a difficult time in their life. There is a sense of accomplishment one feels after helping to reassure someone who is grieving.

I am sorry to hear that you took issue with ASD’s management team. This is surprising because all of ASD’s Operations Managers have worked for our company for 5 years or longer. Their expertise has been demonstrated time and time again. We have every confidence in their skills and in their ability to lead our Operations team. However, improving internal communications is a high priority at ASD and we will continue to push forward on new ideas for enhancing this.

While it is obviously hard to please everyone, we have many long-time and very loyal employees who have been with us for over a decade, and more than half of our staff has been with ASD for three years or longer. Your comments about turnover and job security are greatly exaggerated. The exact opposite is  more... true in fact – our attrition rate here at ASD is incredibly low at 2%. We don’t believe we would be able to retain such dedicated employees if they were “miserable every single day.” On the contrary, most describe their career here at ASD as a gratifying opportunity to help people in need. For those of you reading this, I would encourage you to read ALL the reviews so that you can get a more balanced view of how our employees feel.

Thank you again for sharing your review. I’m sorry your experience wasn’t a positive one here at ASD. It sounds like it just wasn’t a fit. Best of luck to you.

Faced Paced
Call specialist (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 5, 2018
don't really care to make any more comments at this time. The staff were friendly everyone helped each other when permitted. Great Health Care Benefits. lots of incentives
Pros
Free Phillies Baseball tickets, Triple time pay on Holidays
Cons
no comment
July 3, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback on working at ASD! We appreciate it!

Hard Work Pays Off
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 12, 2017
I have been with ASD for nearly 18 months and have already found my place within the company. The environment is comfortable and cultured and has become my second family. I have received such generous pay raises as well as promotions since I've started with ASD and it has given me the job security that I've lacked with previous companies. I also have the ability to work remotely from home; which is such a relief when you have a growing family. Because of the flexibility in my schedule, I am able to spend my free time with my family as well as keep my priorities in order. The bonuses are a definite positive factor and as long as you keep a good standing attendance record, you should not have a problem accumulating bonuses week after week. Along with the weekly bonuses, the company offers a 401K Plan for the future. They also offer dental, vision and medical insurance to those qualified. In addition to all of these incentives while working for ASD, it feels good to know that you are comforting a lot of these callers who are mourning the loss of a loved one. Hard work definitely pays off here and I hope to advance in the future to prolong a career with the company.
Pros
Work from Home, Flexibility, Bonuses, Paid Vacation/Sick/Personal Days
July 3, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your kind words. All of our success would not be possible without people like you. We work hard to make sure that everyone here looks forward to coming into work and feels appreciated as part of our team, and we are really happy to hear that’s been your experience. Thanks again for sharing your review – we’re happy to have you on board!

Best flexibility and work-life balance of any job
Call Specialist (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJune 14, 2017
I've been with the company almost 2 years now and it's given me a great work-life balance. As a parent of young kids flexibility is important to me and you can't get more flexibility at another job. You essentially create your own schedule by being able to get hours covered by other call specialists and there is always the opportunity to pick up addtl hrs. Supervisors are nice, I have received generous raises since starting, and you are given the opportunity to work from home after 18 months. You get bonuses based on attendance, and they offer additional incentives as well. The culture is great and if you work hard it definitely doesn't go unnoticed.
Pros
Bonuses, work from home, easy to learn system
July 3, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and experience working at ASD. Like any company, ASD is only as good as it’s people, and our Call Specialists are crucial to everything we do here. We’re glad to have you on our team!

Terrific place to work.
Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Media, PAMay 16, 2017
Terrific place to work, everyone is very helpful whenever an employee has a question, and the management team treats everyone with respect.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping a family when they have lost a loved one, and a company when they need an answering service when no one is available to answer their phones.
Pros
THe work place, the people, the job, the culture, the management, the owners.
Cons
Can't think of any.

Wonderful place to work
Call Specialist (Current Employee) –  Media, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Family owned and operated! A company that cares and treats their employees like family. A company where you can advance in your career and grow an an individual. Excellent pay and bonus incentives.
July 3, 2018

Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback on working at ASD! We appreciate it and we're so glad to have you on our team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASD - Answering Service for Directors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3