Asembia Employee Reviews

Ok for a quick come up
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 1, 2019
I would only use them if you need a quick and easy source of income. The management is unorganized and decisions are made based off of feelings and not logic. You can be as dumb as a doorknob and move up faster than a person who has credentials and experience.
Pros
Quick easy money
Cons
Petty management, HR is terrible
Revolving Door
manager (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Hard to get training as most employees are new or assume you will be gone soon so why bother. Company owners are narcissistic and regularly berated managers. Managers talk about other managers behind their back. Have to wait 90 days for benefits. No sense of inclusion. Waste of your time if you are looking for advancement, growth, a challenge or feeling of accomplishment
Cons
Managers, filthy break room, zero comradery
Awful
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 12, 2019
I am sorry that I ever accepted that position and quit a good job to go there. First off, at the interview I was not told it was a call center, I didn't learn that until my week of training. During training, everyone learns the details for this one product so whe training is over, you go onto a different product, your S.O.L.

99% of management, supervisors and team leads are awful. Most of them knew each other from Express Scripts and stick together no matter what happens. The micro management is the worst I have ever seen, heard or been through. Once people get promoted, they hardly work and just go around micro managing at even of the smallest things. If employees weren't so busy clicking on Agent all day long, work would be able to get done. Agent is a program that you click your every move on such as bathroom, notes, insurance, fax machine, calls, etc so they can see every move you make. And if your in the bathroom too long something is said to you.
You can't even go to a higher person to complain about a team lead because they totally dismiss and make excuses.
Bonus are given only if you work within the very small parameters and many people work it only for them to not receive the bonus. I have seen too many people get screwed out of their bonuses.
They hire people by the truck loads but shortly after starting here, they leave on there own or get walked out because of some stupid reason.
I have never seen or worked at a place that management, supervisors and team leads were so disorganized, so micro managed and treating others so terrible. When I was there, a lot
  more... of the employees were looking for other jobs and hopefully they were lucky enough to leave that place. I have always wondered if the owners ever really knew how that place was being ran but I will never know.
The only reason I gave that place 2 stars is because they did have a very decent benefits package.
Good luck to anyone that falls into that trap. I wish I read these reviews before accepting that job but I did learn from that mistake and read the reviews now and happily at a great job now.
Pros
Benefits and a few good friends you make
Cons
Everything else
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2018
It was a good job overall, the call center environment Is just a Little annoying, but great for advancement. I used to live in NY so once your work load was complete you go home. Asembia had a shared Queue that the whole floor shared and if everyone worked hard you might get like a ten minute break then boom queue is full again. it was interesting.
Pros
advancement
Cons
sitting
If you see chaos as challenge, this is your company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJNovember 9, 2018
Typical day never has a moment of downtime.
Constant chaos as a result of so much work assigned.
Company does not value employees as people.
You are only important to the extent that you can fulfill your work duties above and beyond what is expected.
Hardest part of the job is constant flow of employees resigning in addition to new employees needed to be trained.
If you are lucky enough to have make a few friends, the most enjoyable part is employees stick together in misery and help each other out.
Pros
It's a job and you do get paid.
Cons
Stress
Insipid Insecure Leadership and Company
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAOctober 4, 2018
Not the worst job I ever had but close.

Favoritism

Moody Leadership

Insipid Leadership

Breaks should be 15 they are 10 in Pa but Labor Board has been alerted.

They do not speak or greet employees and you have no idea of the company hierarchy in the building or even when they come from New Jersey

A lot of classism, racism, sexism, seperatism

If you intimidate the leaders they do not promote or groom you for company growth no matter what. They are very petty and operate with no integrity, character or business acumen.

They are in business for money but will fumble this because they have no strategic plan in place to take this to the next level. It is a cash cow for now. Never mind the people that are being helped, the patients.

If you do not have too do not take this job. It is not a career although if you are strategic and can play the game can be a stepping stone, experience on your resume but do not overstay your welcome or they will come for you and for a bogus reason.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch
Run while you can
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 17, 2018
The only way to make or here is to walk over people or suck up to people to get that black jacket. And the people that do have it have not a clue which way is up and never worked in pharmacy what so ever. The pharmacist are just as bad. They get hem fresh out of school and they're lazy. Hr and payroll are the worst. Stay messing checks up and when you have to talk to them they never respond so you have to harass them to get your answer. The shuttle was terrible and would always make you late and still manage to make it your fault.
Cons
Great place to work and learn
Specialty Program Manager/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 10, 2018
I started with the company knowing nothing about specialty pharmacy and within a short amount of time, I learned a lot about the industry as well as other facets of the business.
I love my job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJSeptember 6, 2018
It's actually very true that I love working with my team. We co-work with an off-site team and each of us is paired with one or two people who give cases to us to work. We run benefits, either medical or pharmacy, and make sure that the patient's plan does cover the doctor, facility, and the chemotherapy medications. I've worked with Commercial, Medicaid, Medical, and TriCare insurances. I was very lucky with my team as my supervisors are very willing to help and educate us, always willing to answer questions then make sure we understand. I love working here.
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
An hour drive away, with traffic.
Great potential, but ruined by poor leadership
N/A (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
Asembia could have been a great employer. I say ‘could’ because unfortunately agents were promoted to TL and weren’t provided any leadership training; they chose to rule over their lesser coworkers with a belief of superiority, instead of helping them to be more successful in their roles. Most of my tenure at Asembia was fine, I did my job and rarely heard from a TL, good or bad; I was one of the lucky ones, others weren’t so lucky. I heard agents reprimanded in front of their peers for being 6 & 8 seconds over break; write ups being given with an open door and agents just on the other side; reprimands for talking to your neighbor in between calls; begging for your breaks/lunches, sometimes waiting until your shift is nearly over to be granted last break; the constant lies from the TLs instead of just being honest with us, just because they couldn’t handle not being liked (fyi, it didn’t help, we’re not stupid). And let’s not forget, many critical updates were given verbally, so if you were away from your desk, or on a call, or even gone for the day, tough luck. You’ll still be held accountable for that update you missed, and by having less in writing it makes it easier to blame the rep, especially if they were given wrong info or processes changed.
For those of you applying in NJ and PA, my advice to you would be to keep your head down, be early back on breaks/lunch, always offer to do ot, remember to be extra friendly with your sup, and hopefully you’ll be ok.
Pros
Great coworkers, bonuses, being able to work ot from home.
Cons
Favoritism, poor leadership
Its a cool place to get your money and leave
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMay 10, 2018
Asembia is a cool place to earn experience and get money, but you can also over stay your welcome. Don't trust anyone esp management. Do your work and go tf home
Asembia is not what it seems
Program Manager Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMay 9, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 2 years. At first glance they seem like a pretty good company, however the management is terrible. They do not foster good employees and allow unsavory employees to hang around. Employees who are looking for a challenge and opportunity to move up don't apply it would be a waste of your time.
its a step in the door
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMay 9, 2018
workers are under valued. You only get promoted through friendships and relationships. Different rules for different people. Hard work does not pay off. No raises but opening a fourth location. They will pile all the responsibilities on 1 supervisor spreading them thin instead of promoting others. No parking on site. They stopped proving utensils because it costs too much but order catered lunches for the corporate staff.
Micromanaged
Patient Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 23, 2018
If you enjoy being micromanaged then this is the office for you. I have nothing else to say about this company nor do I care to! By far the worst company I have ever worked for!
Great experience of working
Pharmacy Technician Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMarch 24, 2018
Good Learning and Developement, friendly management, good benefits, Reasonable pay, PTO, sick days. Flexible work hours. Nice work place, able to make good friends
Asembia
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2018
Typical call center job, it wasn't bad overall. however there was a lot of job advancement issues. management could have been more attentive to agents.
Pros
guarenteed hourly
Cons
minimal advancement opportunities
worst life experience
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 23, 2018
it depends on who you work for, if you work under the wrong manager, you will get " thrown under the bus". its not that bad unless you get stuck under the wrong management as me. There are many departments there who have better management and caring directors. If you get hired in the right team it will be a better experience. Unfortunatly I wasnt that lucky.
Negative Energy
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 20, 2018
You will not advance in this company unless you kiss up the dont recognize work ethic and accuracy some people act above others..they have a occurence system when you sick with md notes and we can not park on site we take a shuttle service
Pros
they are flexible to your schedule
Cons
shuttle service occurence system with prescriber notes
Dead End, No Room for Growth
Patient Care Coordinator - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 22, 2018
If a Manager refuse for you to move up, you're unable to go forward. No Growth. The only thing you do at Asembia is play musical chairs from one team to the other, Even if you never asked for a move. These moves are out of the Reps control and with No wage increase. HR had to inforce for my Manager to give me a review and when she did, gave me overall satisfactory but was telling me what a great employee I am but my review said differently and came without an increase. You may interview for other Dept but if your Manager says they want you to stay on the team, then you're unable to move forward. Overall I will say a true Dead End Job.
asembia
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  program managerNovember 9, 2017
Check work flow. Make sure there are no prescriptions needing to get typed, call pt regarding medications, contact ins for proceeding info.Initiate different task depending on status quo for the day. Interact with various people to maintain workflow.
Pros
Micro managing per Team Leads
Cons
Unhealthy work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asembia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4