AseraCare Hospice Employee Reviews

It is a Hospice
Spiritual Care and Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 4, 2018
It is a Hospice company that is slowly declining. I spent a great 10 years there, but it has over the last few years declined. The company has struggled over the years, maybe it will come back maybe it will not
Pros
I was there
Cons
I am not there
I love my job and team
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 20, 2018
Working at AseraCare has been a rewarding experience. I work with an amazing group of people who feel not only like co-workers but like family. As a leader; I strive to support, inspire, and motivate my team. The care and services AseraCare Hospice provides makes a positive difference in our patients lives. Making these positive differences is what makes working in Hospice so special. We have one chance to support the patient and their family through the dying and grieving process. As a team we are there to manage the patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. I am proud to be part of this company.
Pros
Generous PTO, Competitive Pay, Great Health Insurance
An amazing company
Area Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEMay 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping patients and their families during difficult times. Very rewarding!! Multitasking and thinking critically are musts in this line of work
intern
MSW Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 29, 2018
I loved this hospice My supervisor was amazing and the interdisciplinary team was wonderful to be apart of. I was only an intern here so my knowledge is limited .
RUN, Forrest.....RUUUUUUN, from this company!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 20, 2018
All I can say is RUN as fast as you can from this company. Low educated, unfriendly, poor commicators are those in charge of running a dysfunctional, unorganized office. It would kill any of these people to say "hello", or "thank you", or "please"...as none ever exhibited good manners or friendly, positive attitudes. I hated this job, which that's exactly what is was, just a job. No opportunities exists for advancement in this organization. There's no opportunity for advancement in your career rather it be nursing, sales, volunteer, chaplain, or the social work discipline, in the end, you're stuck in the same position, forever because this is how the company is structured. Employees are looked at as "worker bees" only, sent out everyday to make honey (money) for the company by any means necessary. No matter if you've worked 16 hours the night before, and answered an on call phone call in the middle of the night, you're still expected to be ready and willing to work at 8am, no questions asked! Don't waste your time with this horrible organization!
Pros
Decent amount of PTO time
Cons
Never have time to use PTO time!
It was a great place to work
Aide (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 16, 2018
I really learned a lot from this job. If i were not injured, i could see myself retiring from this hospice. The staff was also great people to work with.
Good experience
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 14, 2018
The pay is very good. Bedside care is exceptional. A great field team to work with. Hospice is a very demanding and stressful job at times. Work environment is flexible.
Great place for students
Social Work Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 14, 2018
I had the opportunity to complete my senior social work practicum at AseraCare Hospice and in 9 months I learned so much from the staff, other students, patients, and management.
Pros
There was always someone to listen to your stressful day and bagels to share in the break room.
Team work
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 14, 2018
Good team work at the branch level. Senior management visits on occasion and interacts with the staff. Everyone is approachable and willing to listen.
management was horrible
Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNMay 8, 2018
The manager I had was a lier, backstabbing and hateful. She talked about me and other employees. She was unfair and tried to cause problems. She had her favorites and treated others poorly.
Cons
Aseracare is dedicated to providing exceptional hospice care.
Patient Care Coordinator, DOCS, DHO (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAMay 2, 2018
Aseracare is committed to their mission of sharing their passion for improving quality of life. The company is dedicated to being leaders in the hospice industry and are very conscientious with regards to compliance standards.
Pros
Upper management has knowledgeable individuals that serve as great resources to the local agencies.
Cons
Healthcare benefits could be more cost effective for employees, No 401k matching
Productive and good place to work.
Other (Former Employee) –  OtherApril 30, 2018
Overall good environment to work. Loved most of co-workers. Work/life balance difficult. Difficult to get time off. Upper management helpful when needed.
Pros
Good environment. Helpful team to get the job done
Cons
Health care expensive
Friendly and family like enviroment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 29, 2018
Good moral and family like enviroment. Staff are team players Enjoyed providing comfort to the patients and family members. Sometimes traveling was difficult.
Pros
Caring for the patients
Cons
Sometimes travel was hard.
AseraCare Hospice was my first hospice position
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 13, 2018
I was told when hired that I would either love hospice work or hate it. That was true. It was my first hospice position and loved being able to assist the patients and family members going through a very stressful time in their life. I was able to work with other clinical staff (nurse, social workers, CNAs and managers) to better meet the needs of the patients. It is stressful and demanding at times but a blessing at the same time.
Pros
Stressful in establishing friendships as patient passes away
Cons
Work schedule and on call demands
Great work/coworkers
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 10, 2018
- Loved my job and my coworkers
it is very rewarding to be able to with be with those at the end of life and to be able to support the family.
-great benefits.
Pros
Coworkers awesome
Cons
It's a corporate and for-profit so it's always about the $$
Erratic Supervisor
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 3, 2018
I had a very strange and erratic supervisor. I heard that she left after I did. I enjoyed working as a hospice nurse in the Concord area. I learned a lot from a bigger branch in Stockton.
Pros
gratifying nursing work
Cons
driving patient to patient can be tiring and a hindrance
Wonnderful job
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Neill, NEApril 3, 2018
Loved working this job. Being a part of a patient and family at end of life is very rewarding knowing I could help ease the path. My bosses and co-workers are superior.
Pros
Wonderful pay, rewarding feeling.
Cons
Meals on the road. Rarely a 8 hour day. If on call after working your 8 hours, you might be working from 8 am til 3 am if you have a call to go to, then work the next day at 8 am.
Good hospice
Director of Hospice Operations, Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2018
If I required hospice care, I would use this company. The field staff is hard-working and truly loves the patients entrusted to their care. Excellent team oriented, patient centered group. Hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to the patient and family.
Pay system does not adequately provide for annual increases, and this is sometimes a sticking point with the hourly staff. Mileage and hour allowances are mismatched and fail to compensate field staff at end of shift except in mileage.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Detached upper (regional, central) administration
Stressful and Disorganized
HOSPICE CHAPLAIN (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 19, 2018
For a major part of my time with AsceraCare the management was exceptional. They changed regional managers and the culture changed. Management was unprepared to manage, had serious defects in style and created a culture of fear and reprisal.
Pros
Working with patients
pleasant work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 12, 2018
I was a volunteer. I would sit and pray with patients. Help them to get dress. I would feed patients. Sometimes it was just listening to the patients talk to me.
Pros
reimbursement
Cons
no pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AseraCare Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.