AseraCare Hospice Employee Reviews

Change
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 20, 2019
You have to be comfortable with change as this company does a lot of it when it comes to structure, process and the communication seems to get lost and everyone is not always informed of the changes.
productive and fun experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 16, 2019
It was at your own place that I really enjoyed. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming. I learn so many tech and how to work with computers. Learning about the business and what it takes to run the business was a great experience.
Pros
Free time and own schedule
Cons
Horrible management and work environment
Admin Staff (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 11, 2019
AseraCare needs a complete overhaul in management and organization. The RN staff at the Exton location was horrible to work with. I have never met a group of working professionals ( I use that term very lightly) who acted so poorly and had absolutely no regard for the rules or policies, let alone any staff that was not an RN. The ED did not have a backbone and would allow the RN staff to watch videos, and talk constantly while we were conducting meetings
Run Forrest, run!!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 10, 2019
It’s all about the $$$$$$$.....every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month and every year!!!!!

Uninterested in patient outcomes or in Regulatory Compliance......sad.
Poor management, terrible communication, no employee support
Continuity of Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 8, 2019
I was a CCRN at AseraCare and at first i felt like if I had any questions I would be able to call my manager and I would have then answered. That quickly ended about ny 4th weekend solo when an out of area manager was covering and I was made to feel like an idiot when I called her. Downhill from there! When I would come off a weekend shift I would always get called and corrected on something I had done incorrectly but it was only explained to me how to do it correctly and never shown to me m. The biggest issue I had with was that I was doing it how I was trained...by the person they chose to train me!! I had to go on an unexpected LOA and I never received a phone call or text from anyone. My leave ended up being quite extensive and they suspended my employment. Bottom line...poor management, lack of concern for employees and no su]poet when their employees can barely keep their headsabpve water.
Favoritism. Good company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2019
While I worked for AseraCare there were what seemed to be “teams”, whom always worked against each other instead of working with one another. The favoritism definitely got in the way with not one, but all employees. Being a CNA the nurses really talked down on us, as if we had no prior knowledge in the field or were not willing to learn. Other than that it’s a great work environment, they are understanding, willing to teach if your willing to learn.
Large corporation run company, many wonderful people at the local level that provide wonderful care and services
Executive Director/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aseracare Erie, PAJuly 22, 2019
Over the years as the leadership changed and different people came into the lead positions, there were several re-alignments. Which means key people lost their jobs. No advance notice or warning or explanations. Lead to the loss of many great employees, at no fault of their own. Such a shame to see a company slowly destroy itself.
Multiple casual CRNPs at a time. Medical Director not available to CRNPs
CRNP, casual (no full time available) (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 15, 2019
Good for CRNPs who want a little extra money and admire Hospice/end of life care and assessment. Low pay for CRNPs without benefits. CPR renewal and TB testing covered by company. Can put into a nonmatching 401k but that’s it for benefits. Friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Emr
Cons
Other CRNPs doing casual work also. Hours diminished.
Poor mid-level management
Middle Level Management (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedJuly 7, 2019
As a middle level manager myself I feel like many of the people that are employed in the area/regional positions are there because of people they know, or longevity with the employer. When the company realigned and cut positions they did not fill the management roles with the appropriate folks who had the knowledge and skill to do the job effectively. The leadership is lacking - everyone wants to point fingers and identify problems, but they do not assist with helping to find resolutions.
Pros
Competitive salary, good benefits, great mission and vision (if only it was followed)
Cons
Poor orientation program, poor education department, poor work/life balance, no separate on-call staff leading to burn-out, unorganized from the top down
CNA (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 5, 2019
I absolutely love my job. They work with you when you need time off for emergency’s and when life throws you curve balls. The management is awesome. We all absolutely love what we do
Very unorganized.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  OpenJune 25, 2019
No raises
No 401K matches
No room for advancement
Nurse care managers are awesome but way overworked
I would not recommend this facility.
People are in positions that they shouldn't be in. No accountability.
High turnover
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJune 5, 2019
Benefits are comparable. Pay is comparable on the low end. You can feel the pressure. It palpates pressure, productivity, profit. High turnover. Selectively supportive. They just go about it all wrong.
Pros
Decent pay, not the best but decent. Comparable benefits. Available and supportive Medical Director, great support staff...MSW, Bereavement, Chaplain. But they are stretched very thin.
Cons
Large territory, for profit, minimal nursing staff, minimal staff period. Unreasonable expectations, they really do not care. All about productivity.
Good Company to work for
HR Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 15, 2019
Aseracare is a good company to work for but with all the changes that keep happening it is hard to know how stable everything is. It is difficult to get in touch with some of the management staff but the job itself is very rewarding. The pay isn't great and needs to be more competitive. The company says they strive to be transparent but sometimes it feels like information is being withheld. Hard to keep trust in what you hear.
Enjoyed my job & coworkers
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 14, 2019
I felt like part of the Aseracare family for most of the time that I was there. Work load can be unpredictable though. If a lot of patients die.... your hours get cut or you have to travel far distances to have work.
Values their Employees
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 7, 2019
Supportive Management. Caseloads assigned where you can provide care to your patients without feeling rushed through your day. Phone and Tablet provided.
Pros
Supportive Management. Grest pay/ Benefits
Worst job I ever had
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  York, NEMay 4, 2019
This was the worst job I ever had. No family life balance. Always working due to short staffing. Management unprofessional and unorganized. New DHO micromanager and writes you up for everything and anything. DHO Very controlling. Have no life , even days off work is calling me to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management is terrible
I Loved working for ASERACARE
Director Hospice Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 23, 2019
I loved working for Aseracare. The only reason I resigned was due to excessive travel. I opted to work stationary and closer to home instead of flying every week.
Poor managment
hospice aide (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 21, 2019
Had awsome management till coroporate tried taking over an new managment were jnfair used staff to cover visits then found reasons to right staff up. Last manager was worse boss ever had. Lost my own father an being hospice they had no compasion for staff
Great company to grow with
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 17, 2019
The DHO as well as my direct corporate bosses are great. As an employee, I felt like what I said mattered and corporate always took time to hear my thoughts and ideas for process improvement. I was given choice to move up in the company once I complete my education.
Pros
Chance to advance, supported supervisors, great dream work, employees thoughts are valued
Cons
Lower than area average for pay when starting
Busy and challenging
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 7, 2019
Hospice case manager with case load up to 17 patients. Visited patient in the home for medication, treatment, pain management and education. Required organization and good communication skills. The culture was difficult as they had 6 nursing managers and 3 administrators in my 3+ years there. The best part of the job was the relationship with patients and families
Pros
Inservice education
Cons
long weekend call with no triage nurse or backup

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AseraCare Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.