ASG Employee Reviews

Exhausting and stressful.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tazewell, TNAugust 18, 2019
I was okay with it at first, but the temps were ridiculous. Not enough fans to keep you cool. Water coolers never stayed full. Management is drama. My co-workers made me uncomfortable. I worked on a line with all men. I was sexually-harrassed at and away from work, which made me dread coming into work every day. No work/balance except in slow-season. The money is good, but employees deserve a life and to be treated with respect to.
Was not treated equally
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAAugust 17, 2019
Was not treated equally. When other workers would hide out and not do their job, the ones who did their job would have to pick up the slack to get the jobs done and nothing would be so e about it. Lots of favoritism . Women were treated poorly.
verifing and approving loans
met goal
great teacher
location was ok
since April , 2019 company has close their door
Pros
work location
Cons
short break
Nice people
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2018
I loved working there but I am an auto cad draftsman and data entry was not my cup of tea. I tried to do it but it became frustrating and I felt I was not doing a great job with the data entry.
Pros
Good environment, nice friendly management and staff.
Cons
The pay could have been a little higher.
Innovative company that is growing
Regional Sales Manager - West (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2018
Upper management that is involved and friendly. Will take the company in the right direction. Great team atmosphere spearheaded through marketing. Organized show and business processes.
Pros
team
Cons
mid size company
Company was taken over by DHL.
Ocean Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 17, 2018
Office furniture was old. Management was a mixed bag. Some managers very good and some not so good. Co-workers were friendly and benefits were up to industry standards.
Pros
Good co-workers.
Cons
Company no longer exists
Great place to work.
Contractor/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Horse Head Point, NYAugust 14, 2018
Awesome work environment with excellent pay for piece work. The supervisor was great to work with. The work was easy and at your own pace. I enjoyed working for ASG in New York.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
project too short term.
Be postitive
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 7, 2018
Working with ASG was very new at first going from the corporate world of big cable to a small independent company.
The transition was smooth but the lacking structure had some drawbacks.
This is part of Asurion
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 21, 2018
This was the same role as previous screen.

The agents overall were enjoyable to work with but very poor management and HR. People appeared to be protected and could do no wrong
Working with Administration and Staff is great!
Elementary/Secondary Educator (Former Employee) –  Pago Pago, ASJuly 18, 2018
I enjoy the work environment where I can learn new ideas to better my profession. I am able to ask questions and get back assistance as well. I also enjoy working with different people in the field. I learn great ideas for teaching during staff and local wide training sessions as well. I truly enjoy the students I work with every year.
Pros
Able to obtain a higher degree with different universities such as: Unvisersity of Hawaii, Argosy etc.
Cons
Short breaks
Not your traditional work space
Executive Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 5, 2018
Very slow paced environment. My interpretation of a "dog eat dog" world! Favoritism at its best, unfair practices, relations amoungst co-workers and management. Not enough supervision, not enough work for everyone to do. One of the worse places that I have ever worked at morally and ethically.
Pros
Pays decent
Cons
Not a good place to work
People are great to work with.
Coverage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 16, 2018
Atmosphere and Management needs an Overhaul. Not much recognition for doing a good job. Your only really spoken to by a coach/supervisor when your not meeting metrics.
Ridiculous
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 26, 2018
For the amount of work needed to be done the compensation is s**t. This company needs to be ashamed of themselves. I make more money hostessing and all I have to do is greet and seat. Steer clear of this particular company.
Cons
No benefits. Low pay.
The culture at ASG was supportive, positive, & success driven
Vice President of Residential Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 25, 2018
ASG was purchased by Apollo and subsequently merged with Protection 1 and most recently merged again with ADT. Prior to the mergers I enjoyed my job and was highly successful. The corporate culture at ASG combined with the CEO's attitude of success made ASG a great place to work.
the productivity is my number one goal everyday i get to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 17, 2018
happy every to be at work i always want to learn anything new love to have a good communication with the management team most enjoyable part of my job is when we accomplish as a team right on time
A steady job!
Secondary Educator (Former Employee) –  Pago Pago, ASMarch 12, 2018
Working for the American Samoa Government as a classroom teacher in the high and elementary school divisions helped me to be a good listener and an advocate of good teaching within the classroom. You work daily as a team to accomplish your goals. The other best part was making friends from all over the island.

I am most grateful for the Department of Education for giving me a chance to help our local students to become positive and active role models within their families, villages and communities. I am also most grateful for the University of Hawaii Cohort Program which allowed me to explore my potential in being an effective professional teacher while obtaining a Bachelor's and Master's Degree. Thank you for believing in me and to also help other educators in obtaining the same goal.

Of course more money now while living in the United States, but the pay I received while living in American Samoa was not sufficient enough to survive on a day to day basis, especially with the work we put in as educators.

I hope that this can be done sooner. I love my home and hopefully one day, I will be able to return to visit again.
Pros
Easy island life sstyle
Cons
Need higher wages for all local people to survive.
decent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 8, 2018
was decent to start out with. got good hours.
mostly wiped off tables and kept the floor clean and bathroom stocked.
then hours started to go bye-bye...
Over all great company poor project managing but is a young company
SURVEY DRAFTSMAN (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJ 07733January 14, 2018
Great people, some communication problems between clients, project managers and coworkers, work sometimes is lacking even tho being told there is tons and tons of work. Hr and pm are laid back but do not let you know how things should be corrected in order to do well.
Nothing to say about ASg
Sales and Full Desk/Cycle Recruiting Professional (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, CODecember 8, 2017
I really do not have anything to say about ASg at this time. The Woodland Park culture was fantastic however the person in San Antonio made it very stressful, and sometimes disrespectful and demeaning
Good job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 14, 2017
This a great place to work. ASG is located in the old Macon Mall. We live to see the people walk I the mall.thanks ASG for having me as a employee ...