Asha SalonSpa Employee Reviews

I love everything
Intern (Current Employee) –  Rockford IllinoisApril 28, 2019
My managers are amazing, my coworkers are amazing, my customers are amazing!!!! I love this place so much and there is so much education being poured into the employees so you can be your absolute best for your customers. I feel like the managment team really cares about our i individual growth.Everyone is very knowledgeable and we work as a team instead of like most salons being competitive. Everything is customer centered so there is no time for drama when you are focusing all your energy on customers. Everyday im excited to go to work and my job is so stress free
Pros
Education, one on one training
relaxing environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 7, 2018
Beautiful spa
professional service
customer oriented- build great rapport with clients
Downfall is at the front desk it can get quite boring because services are spread out in nearly hour long increments.
Great salon for growth
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 31, 2018
I started here out of school and felt like they really prepared me to go behind the chair. They coached on technical skills and business building and how to retain my clients m. The team here was great too.
Pros
Lots of support in building books, great environment
Cons
Set commission, strict goals for growth
negative atmosphere
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 5, 2018
Worst working atmosphere i have ever found.You are kind of sophisticated maid with high pressure of job with less pay.You will be running all over with no help.Mind you if you are not manager friend you will be on receving end with their favourite employees.
No Guest service desk representative stays more then 3 months beciause you gonna do much more then they described in interview.
I would not recommend this place.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2017
Asha is overrated at best. The manager at the downtown location doesn't know how to manage; more of an administrative assistant. They hire friends to work the front desk and they don't know what they are doing. There is a product charge for stylists, however there is not a breakdown of the charges. The owner doesn't have clue of what is going on in the salon. Stylists are on cigarette breaks or Starbucks for the majority of the day while being on the clock. The establishment has lost a lot of customers due to the mediocre work that is done and the high prices. You will be bored here. Passive aggressive behavior at best. The manager spends more time on the computer than managing the salon. Most of the stylists are very lazy and catty. The pay and commission is horrible.
Pros
Aveda Product
Cons
Owner, Management, Pay, Catty Behavior, Unprofessionalism
I enjoyed the atmosphere
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 7, 2017
I worked with a lot of colleagues so it was hard to get to know every technicians name. The products that the spa used were really well known and I believed in their philosophy behind beauty. I did find it strange though to have to be called a different name because no two people in the building can have the same one for tip purposes.
Incredible Work/Life Balance
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 2, 2017
This company genuinely cares for their employees. The team works together well, talented technicians. They are growing and expanding, lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Could be more organized
Exciting, Supportive Company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 29, 2016
Asha is a thriving company, with the goal of supporting every employee to exceed professionally and personally to become the best we can be. All levels of management are supportive and co-workers work as a team on a daily basis.

Guest Service Team provides our guests with the very best of pure devotion, from the minute they walk in until the minute they leave our space.

Highly recommend becoming a team member at Asha!! You will thrive!
Pros
supportive team, competitive pay, product & service offers!
Calm and relaxing work place
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 27, 2016
In a typical day at Asha we would open the store, prepare for our first guests to arrive, assist clients, receive product shipments and stock shelves.
Not Great!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2016
My time here was not as great as it should have been. Management was terrible and she never cared about her employees and any personal issues going on in their lives. This is not a team environment there was a lot of name calling be hide other co-workers back and sometimes even in front of customers. There was also unfair treatment between the managers clients and the other stylist clients with given discounts and things. The most enjoyable thing about working here was getting paid. The hardest part of working here was dealing with unfair treatment and mean co workers.
Just okay
Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 23, 2014
Not the best working environment. Many co-workers were very judgmental and catty.
Exciting co-workers
Nail Tech/Intern (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 4, 2014
I enjoyed going in to work everyday to see my guests along with my co-workers.
Good solid Spa
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2013
The environment at the Asha locations I was part of was almost always enjoyable. The coworkers are mostly drama free which is difficult to accomplish in a salonspa environment.
Good place to start if just out of school
Licensed Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 30, 2012
Its a good place to hone your skills, but compensation is very low, they don't promote client loyality
Pros
beautiful salon and spa, good if just out of school to get experience
Cons
poor benefits, low comission, to many tech's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asha SalonSpa. Our community is ready to answer.

Asha SalonSpa Reviews by Location