Asheville Eye Associates

Asheville Eye Associates Employee Reviews

Asheville Eye Associates insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Not sure I would recommend

Most of the doctors were great to work with and I got along well with most of my coworkers, I actually loved what I did - but HR was horrible and can make your life a living h*ll if she decides she doesn’t like you. The pay was terrible for the work expected, also if you offer to help out more than normal - just know they will take advantage of that in the future. It was very easy to get burned out here, especially with the high stress every single day. They will tell you it’ll just be one office that you stay in, and quickly that changes and they start scheduling you in offices further away and expect you to go back and forth, all while not paying mileage or for your gas, and whatever they promise at the beginning, quickly goes out the door. Management makes you feel like your job is at risk all the time even when you go above and beyond, yet they refuse to fire the ones that actually cause major problems and have the most complaints from coworkers and doctors. The drama in this place is unreal, there are very few people you can actually trust unfortunately - and good luck trying to resolve any drama with management or HR, they will quickly turn on you and/or ignore anything you tell them.

Pros

Made some friends and learned a new field

Cons

Terrible pay, lots of double standards, HR is terrible

Great people great patients

Hardest part is upper management and actually getting them to do anything or follow through with anything. However for the doctors burthdays medication lainches and holidays they always did amazing meals. And you get gift cards multiple times a year and the dressing up was great

Pros

Lots of free luncheons

Cons

Great place for patients and employees

Asheville eye is a great place to work and with many kind and caring doctors and staff. It is necessary to wear multiple hats and to be adaptable at working with different doctors.

Terrible Uneducated workers, Not Professional

I worked there for the 90 days and It was a terrible work environment. Instantly I was being harassed and HR did nothing about it. The people with more experience NEVER got to advance and work in the lab. They only hired people right out of high school who knows nothing about the optical world. This job was the MOST unprofessional workplace I've ever been in. I DO NOT suggest applying here. Its a waste of time for the patients who go there as well as people who want to have a professional job.

Very profesional

The office and the doctors are the best I have ever had the please of working for. The office is constantly training. The Doctors are wonderful the staff works well together.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

So rude and cliquey*, very uncomfortable environment

During training it was great! But the day you start out in your own, you feel like you’re back in middle or high school! These are grown women who will act like you’re non existent and literally talk about everyone that hasn’t worked there for a few years, behind their back. I loved the job itself, but working with 90% of these “women” will seriously get to you. But the other 10% were truly amazing.

Fast-Paced and Busy

Overall this was an enjoyable employer to work for. They have their downfalls just as any other job. There were a lot of co-workers that were an absolute joy and pleasure to work with and appreciated all their help and concerns. All the Doctors were great to work with especially once you understood and learned how they like to run their specialty.

Pros

Recognition for work well done, constructive criticism, free lunches when clients were on site, birthday recognition lunches, and participating in holiday parties and charity events

Cons

Cliques

Great people and work area.

You get to work with some interesting people. The area is full of interesting customers and being able to interact with them is special. I enjoy helping people to see better, especially the ones getting glasses for the first time. the field is very satisfying. it is a very challenging and rewarding field to make people feel good about themselves. that's why I do what I do.

Pros

Great customers.

Cons

Need more compensation for experience and years of service..

fun place to work

Flexible schedule frequent travel enjoyed all patients long hours in management loved to monitors for the trials good staff worked independently with several physicians

Drama

Lots of drama in this place.. Lots of cussing, management poorly, favouritism. I loved the patients that I met along the way. Could be better pay. Drama Drama Drama

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Asheville Eye Associates?

Laid Back Company

The Most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients. The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't help the patient when they didn't have income to pay for the service.

stressful

Asheville Eye is a stressful place to work. They offer great benefits, paid time off, optical discounts. The actual work load is unreasonable. Very fast paced and they expect you to be an expert the first day.

Pros

Pto, bonuses

Cons

quick paced, not friendly co workers

Great Place to Work

High Volume office. Staff members are evaluated regularly which is good for maintaining consistency and skill. It is a large practice with a lot of different doctors/clinics and staff members. Wages are low compared to cost of living in the area and the quanitity of work, but all medical assisting personnel are typically underpaid in the Asheville area compared to national salary averages. Excellent physicians and staff.

Pros

Education and training, long lunches

Cons

Wages

A great place to work, good atmosphere.

I log in names, reason for visit to Optical Department, answer phone and make calls to advise patients that their optical order is ready for pick up. File optical orders. Also, I process invoices for payments. I work with a great staff and truly enjoy the interaction with at least 100 patients per day.

Productive and extremely busy workplace

A typical day includes interacting professionally with co-workers, patients, and managers. Learning to deal with different situations and utilizing problem solving skills. The direct management for this job is hands on and willing to help in any way to ensure the job is being done correctly and efficiently. The hardest part of the job is walking the line of being sympathetic and empathetic towards each patient's situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing when you have helped someone in any way possible.

it is an ok place to work

I did the verification of insurance benefits for patient upcoming surgery and also provided an estimate of monies that was due at the time of surgery I also did other various things such as all the EMR scanning

Pros

there were really no pros about this job

Cons

to much negativity

Co-workers are great, Doctors are great to work for, learned alot,management very caring, hardest part is keeping patients happy, most enjoyable is helping people see!

Pros

free lunches, seminars, uniforms supplied

Cons

i had no problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asheville Eye Associates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Asheville Eye Associates Reviews by Location