Ashford University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Needs more culture, organization, and employee value
Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2018
I love that this job is challenging and it teaches us to think on our toes from a sales perspective, however, this was not taught to us very well from the beginning. Little management support or recognition. You just feel like a number and that was what bothered me the most. So many kind people work here and try to create culture and events but there is lack of interest from management.
It is okay
Admissions Counselor / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJune 12, 2018
No security of keeping position. They have poor management and do not sincerely care about their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers
Coworkers always willing to help each other.
Student Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2018
When you don't have the answer to a question, and your manager's in a meeting, you can always count on your coworkers in the Student Account Department.
Pros
Pay
Cons
I don't think enough time is given to close your prevous call notation, when another call comes in.
review
Team Lead/Mentor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
as a first job out of college it is an ok place to work. It is not a career unless you are cut throat with no moreals to you people. The pay is not enough to support yourself unless you are single and right out of college
Pros
cant really think of any
Cons
pay is not enough to survive on, unless you are fresh out of college
Productive and collaborative work environment
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
Excellent work place. I enjoyed being able to stay in the field of education while not being in the classroom. Great work environment. Competitive pay. Management was fair.
Great Place to Work!
Corporate Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2018
The culture is fun and there it a lot to keep you busy throughout the day. Work/life balance is good and most of the managers let you just do your work and respect that fact that you know what you are doing. The benefits package has continued to improve over the years. The food in the cafeteria is great and the gym is nice as well. Overall, a very good experience.
OK job for an aspiring professor but not for credentialed individuals
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  OnlineMay 8, 2018
Just read the reviews on Glassdoor. This is the worst teaching job I ever had. They pay you pennies but expect you to exceed their expectations. Sorry, my worth is far more than this laughing stock.
Pros
Pays the cell phone bill
Cons
Low pay, bad management, unreasonable demands
Limited growth at certain point
LEAD STUDENT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2018
My team and manager was wonderful, but at reached a growth cap with the company and after 4 years I needed something more. I did enjoy working for the company as a whole, there are times, as with everything, it was very political, but if you knew the right people and worked hard you would do fine.
Pros
team environment, benefits
Cons
lack of growth
Fun job, great place to work, pay a litle low considering cost of living in CA.
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed my job. Good work life balance. Pay was a little low given cost of living in CA. Job security became an issue. Went to work one day and they laid off half the managers in my department without warning.
very high turnover even in upper management
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2018
in my opinion it is not a great place to work, they are very inconsistent and it is a very stressful position. we have had lawsuits against us and it makes it challenging to enroll due to the bad info on the internet.
Pros
Discount on education
Cons
inconsistant, very stressful
Excessive Training
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
They tried too hard to sell the job instead of letting the job sell itself. I felt overwhelmed with training modules and classes for what the job actually required.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Excessive training
Busy job, nice team, hard to move up no matter how hard you work
Registrar Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2018
I enjoyed my team, great manager, but hard to move up no matter how educated or how skilled you are, there is simply no option available. It was an interesting place to work at.
great work life balance
Corporate Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2018
no room for growth unfortunately, but the work life balance is great and colleagues are great. The hardest part of the job is the roll tend to become very stagnant.
Favoritism
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2018
Loved the company however, the work experience was subject to who you have as a manager. Not a level playing field when I was there years ago and very aggressive sales.
Pros
Making a positive difference in student lives
Cons
Too much pressure to enroll students
Student
College Student (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 9, 2018
Ashford is a wonderful place to get your degree. Their online studies are outstanding. You move at a much quicker pace then you do with other schools.
why do i need to title this
Teaching/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAApril 5, 2018
I don't want to have to write a review for where i worked. it was a nice environment with great people. i believe I had a bad contract but that is really not a big deal. is this okay can i be done
Pros
fssssdfsd
Cons
fsdf
The ability to change someones life.
Lead Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed my almost 8 years at Ashford University. I am able to build relationships with my fellow employees and achieve my MBA. Helping the students achieve their educational goals is the most rewarding part of my career.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
Great place to work if you like recruiting and sales!
Admissions Counselor/Enrollment Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 2, 2018
Ashford was really a great company and I didn't see that until after I left them and went somewhere else. Poor choice on my behalf. It was also a lot of great people I've had the pleasure to know.
Pros
Great place if you like recruiting and sales.
Cons
Cost of cafeteria food and metrics
Campus Closed
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 29, 2018
The Campus Closed due to very poor Management. My Manager was very good through the Food Service Management Company, but it was very stressful working with the University Staff. Their Received Millons in fines from the State of Iowa for poor file keeping and promising Students no debt and jobs immediately, which did not happen.
Pros
Learned a lot about Managing an entire Food Service Operation
Cons
Sometimes did not get paid because of the poor Campus Finances
Collarbortive Environment
Associate Online Faculty (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2018
Easy working environment with great supervisors to help with any questions you have about teaching classes. Easy to understand the grading style needed.