Ashland Employee Reviews

growth oriented company with a collaborative work culture
Head of Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 27, 2018
Ashland is a result driven company that has undergone significant change over that past years, but still values its people and promotes a collaborative culture
Domestic Attorney Secretary very stressful
Ashland (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 16, 2018
I enjoyed this position until a lady called me and needed to talk to the attorney because her soon to be ex was going to kill her. Attorney would not talk to her and told me to tell her to call the police.
VERY STRESSFUL!!
Pros
Worked with the Courts
Cons
Stressful
It WAS a good place to work
Network Technician I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 15, 2018
Ashland was a good place to work with great management (up to director level) and OK compensation. They decided to outsource most of the IT department.
Pros
Lots of time to learn
Cons
Now IT is provided by an MSP
Constant Change
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2018
Ashland has been a state of constant change in recent years. Various divisions have been bought and sold resulting in numerous waves of corporate restructuring
Productive and competitive environment
Disaster Recovery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 19, 2018
You never know what you are going to walk into on a typical day at work. It may be a low leisurely day working on administrative duties, or you may be called to work on various issues that have manifested somewhere in the world.
Pros
Work with knowledgeable people
Cons
stress of what is coming around the corner
Well respected in the industry
Technical Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Boonton, NJMarch 18, 2018
Freedom and support to develop products and services that greatly enhanced the deliverables of the company; including the development of a patented fuel processing device. Great opportunity to travel internationally and grow the business.
Pros
Great support for product development
Cons
Some budget constraints
Ashland Chemical is a people oriented employer
AWT Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Through my years with the company I held several roles. What I liked most about the positions I had was the collaborative work with many different groups. The people are who made the jobs enjoyable.
Corporate
Installed Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alabama, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Ashland Valvoline is a great company to not only work for but to continue your growth and education of the Petroleum Industry . They desire to continue to offer tools , both hands-on and internet for you to hone your skills and become a better employee
Great Company, Good People and Management
Sr. Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  Assonet, MAOctober 18, 2017
A very open and honest company to work for. Career opportunities are present and management is very supportive. Training and safety are a priority. Excellent benefits.
Pros
work life balance
Fast paced easy learning
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, IL and Cahokia, ILJuly 27, 2017
Definitely room to advance with great benifits even paid sick days. All about customer service and satisfaction. Communication levels are high so everyone knows what's going on at all times.
Great Company to work for
Safety & Compliance Engineer (EHS Manager) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2017
I loved my position within Ashland and I truely enjoyed working with my counterparts. However, I am passionate about the work I perform and I will always go above and beyond to maintain fairness and honesty. Those that don't share the same philosophy will disrupt a good process to protect themselves.
Not Recomended
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 16, 2017
1.A Typical day was awfull

2.I learned you can not consider co workers friends

3.Management is the most corrupt set of people I have ever worked for

4. There are a lot of different types of culture.

5. Knowing that if you report something to corp. like there handbook tells you to do; or keep mouth shut like management want you to do
so not to be terminated after 20 years of loyalty.

6. When it was time to go home
Beautiful office setting and wonderful place to work
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 30, 2017
Worked in Headquarters of company, started out assisting a few officials, as time went on more and more people were retiring, giving me more people to support, and less instructions on how to handle each dept.
Juggling between various Heads of Dept, with their staff was definitely a challenge.
Learned to delegate with others to receive information.
Management was accommodating until the work load became over bearing, no resources.
Hardest part of job, not knowing where to find information, as ones were retiring no one had any instructions. because the company dissolved departments, unbalanced workload.
Worked with worldwide locations, between several different states and countries, responsible for Annual and Quarterly Stock Holders meetings. All news report were carefully and meticulously written for the public eye,requiring late work nights, to get job done correctly.
Enjoyable part of job were the award meetings, the charitable events, and the once a month coffee breakfasts, all of which I was in charge of from beginning to end.
Pros
Great company- employees helpful
Cons
Employees needed more information to complete mission
Quite a nice place to work overall.
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Chili Center, NYMay 16, 2017
Long shifts & few breaks are common, there is little variety but on busy days it went by fast.

They taught leadership skills & vehicular preventative maintenance, as well as customer/hospitality skills.

Management was typical, for the most part they did pretty well, sometimes one hand didn't know what the other was talking about though.

The hardest part of the job was working pit shift for more than 5 hours at a time, in my opinion.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendship between coworkers that developed, we became like a little family after a while.
Pros
Educational opportunities, lenient breaks & management
Cons
Long hours with little variety, not great health insurance.
Ashland
Systems Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 6, 2017
Working at Ashland was challenging at times and what was being ask was interesting. Overall, the Ashland environment was friendly to work in and the benefits can't be bet.
Pros
Benefits and friendship with employees
Cons
Decision making
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 24, 2017
BB&W is a great place to work, expand your knowledge and the benefits of the items they sell. Be the first to try new products and utilizing coupons to maximize the savings.
Pros
Free trial samples
Cons
having customer's steal from you
Volunteered for free
INTERNSHIP/shadow (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAApril 20, 2017
I was shadowing so I did not receive compensation so I cannot say anything about that. The location I was at only had one therapist and a receptionist. I did notice the therapist always had work to take home. Mostly, I just helped around by cleaning, do laundry, observing patients, etc.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
quiet, not busy since there was only one therapist
Overall
Sr. Systems Engineer/Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 12, 2017
Working at Ashland was a very good environmental and uplifting workplace. Sometimes projects would allow for onsite meetings and mostly were onsite with sometimes clients or even support on site.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Performane demanding
Network Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 6, 2017
Very high and demanding of Networking knowledge in a sometime, very fast paced environment. I have worked with people from all over the world and have gained experience in dealing with people from different cultures and various walks of life.
Pros
In the past, it was a very good company
Cons
Not a company I would recommend to a friend anymore
Excellent workplace supporting great employees.
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 19, 2017
Excellent workplace supporting great employees on hardware, software, application, networking, mobile and other technical issues. Daily face-to-face contact for campus and visiting associates to walk in to the tech support Dublin Pit Stop without an appointment and receive on-the-spot technology trouble-shooting, resolution and support for a range of issues - each day provided a new array of opportunities to support Ashland employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashland. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight