Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Based on 1,211 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

ok place

It a great place to work if you like to interact with people. Great place for a first time job. It's a commmission structure. Not sure how people can make a living there. Company culture is great. You get to have a great work friend like family.

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

tooo many hours.

Lots of work, zero support from corporate, inadequate pay, great coworkers.

I've met some of my favorite people I've ever worked with at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. However, working with great people can only take a workplace so far, and virtually everything else about working here is an enormous letdown.Neither middle nor upper management care what you think. They refuse to listen to any concerns, and you will likely get in trouble if you voice them, no matter how respectfully or gently you do it. They do not respect you, and they often don't even pretend to.Pay is underwhelming. You'll end up having to do things far outside of your job description, because corporate doesn't end up doing them. As a result, the workload is daunting, to say the least. Company infrastructure is broken and barely usable, and the company is unwilling to invest the money necessary to fix it.Policy is set by suits that don't ever step foot in the store. They don't know what works, but they do not care. They have their vision, and you better stick to it.People don't get promoted by merit here. They get promoted because they're good at company politics. Again, this means that the people who have authority don't know anything about what works, and they will not listen to the people that do know what works.Also, the company will take EXTREME measures to stop any collective action by the workers, so good luck if you try to organize!The store environment isn't an issue here. The people in the store are amazing. With Ashley, it's corporate that utterly ruins what could have been and would have otherwise been an amazing workplace.

Pros

Fantastic coworkers.

Cons

Underwhelming pay, horrendous middle and upper management, asinine corporate policies. If you actually care about your job, you will go insane here.

Great place but rather pay the new highers more

I’ve been working here at FDE Ashley’s for 6 months took in plenty of roles & they refuse to give me a raise , set up meetings was told to look at long run and take the over time they higher new people who don’t have as much task to do but they will pay them more.

Pros

Staff was amazing

Cons

They rather pay the new highers more than the ones who do more work

Easy workload

The work here is easy but the employees are lazy and the pay is horrible. Most of the business here has to do with customers complaining about not receiving furniture.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Low pay

Clueless

If you like to be left in the dark this is the best place to If you choose to work here bring a flashlight. Oh and bring other tools bc you're expected to use your own.

Pros

Radio has blue tooth

Cons

Just look at the pro

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Not a great company to work for they don't appreciate employees

I work there 8 years I won manager was so bad I could do not to take a day off for 21 days then I was finally given a couple of days off they will call me even when I was off to go in because they needed help with another employee at the office I feel most of the time didn't care about you

Pros

They used to have great insurance

Cons

Sometimes unable to take a lunch

Never any positive feedback

As a sales person you were delivered on delivered sales and with product taking so long to get delivered you were looking at making minimum wage. Manager never gave positive feedback always negative. Vacation was offered after working there 6 months which was not to bad.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Never any positive feedback

Good company

I really like my job. It’s like people say though, “people quit managers not jobs”. I’ve had a few different managers in my time and most of them were good! When you get a bad manager though it can destroy your entire motivation. Unfortunately the current climate is “take what you can get” since the pandemic set us all back. I love my job itself and I love what I do. Ashley takes pretty good care of it’s employees. The regional management always have my back too which helps significantly. There is a ton of room for advancement especially if you like driving.

Pros

Big company, room for advancement, competitive pay

Cons

Sometimes you get a bad store manager

Solid opportunity

You essentially get the opportunity to run your own business. What you do with that is up to you. Spiffs paid weekly as sales people. Advancement opportunity if you can politic right.

Pros

High income potential

Cons

Poor insurance

Would Not Recommend

Ashley Furniture is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. There is little to no training. After your first two weeks you will then be bullied for asking questions and not knowing job information. This company is so poorly run that the turnover rate is 200%. As far a call centers go this has to be the worst

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Unprofessional management no opportunities for advancement

Jobs at Ashley Furniture HomeStore

See more jobs

Can be cut throat atmosphere. Corp sets you up to fail.

it is a place that isn't manual labor High sales goals are expected pay against commission hardly receive true pay. Usually only 2 to 3 associates reach goals.

Pros

pleasant coworkers

Cons

they have the Draw pay system, you are "punished" if you don't reach goals

Great group of people. Ama

Easy work and laid back atmosphere. Great people and amazing staff. Benefits and 401k all inclusive. Hours and holidays paid. Great discount for employees and bonuses. Best place to work.

Horrible place to work

Management is constantly micro managing and always begging you to sell more but give no appreciation to employees. Also ceos will play with your money and move your deliveries on sales because thats how you make money. Nothing but selfish arrogant people in management do not care about you

Ambiente bueno

Como contratista las ganancias son buenas pero si trabajas para alguien como chofer te pagan muy poco casi nada por mucho trabajo pero por lo demás muy buena compañía

Pros

No tienes seguro

Cons

Cómo contratista te tomas tu el tiempo

It’s ok

But just ok. Pay more!Also pay more!Management is in and out these days. No one knows what’s going on. People scream all day and talk bad about the company

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

No401k match.

Customer Service Representative

Everyone in the whole company is absolutely over worked. All they care are sales, even if the furniture is never delivered. I dealt with countless issues with the warehouse team, was constantly yelled at by customers who didn’t want to wait 8 months for their furniture. There’s no real training, or organization at all.

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Angry customers, money driven managers, everyone gossips about everyone.

The company doesn't care about its employees or customers

The way that the company goes about taking care or it customers in not adequate whatsoever and your schedule changes all the time! No weekends or holidays off ever and you usually work more than your scheduled. If a guest cancels for any reason, even a delivery mess up, they take your money that you've already earned on commission back

Pros

You can make a lot of money

Cons

Everything else

Ok place

First csr job and after I was like I’m glad I started here cause every other place was easier to deal with aggressive callers! I have a hard time telling people no or bad news so this job was stressful for me but if your confident with every other call being the bearer of bad news and knowing u can’t do much but create a case and move on then go have it, they had perks of weekly pay and 2 weeks training and once u get the hang of creating a case for delayed furniture or warranty repairs you will be ok! Just telling people this after they have gotten rid of there old furniture and not getting a call from Wh to say there not coming and then if they want refund that takes additional time, it’s very frustrating for u as employee but even more a customer. I personally would never shop here prices are high and 8/10 u won’t get your furniture when u were told

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Aggressive customers, management doesn’t want to talk to customer when asked

Management is clueless

Management under qualified to do the job they are responsible for and the pay isn’t very good..it used to be but they restructured the pay plan so now I’m getting half off what I used to get and they want you to do more work..

Traumatizing place filled with messed up people

This is the only place I've ever worked that I would go home And just feel terrible inside. Training for me was a joke because of the area and the people that worked with me I had a manager that made it her personal duty to make sure I felt like trash and couldn't focus on a daily basis. My floor training consisted of her passing me to someone Who waited 2 minutes and then left me alone. It's a good place if you like high school fighting for over who has next in line then Lathrop is the place for you.

Pros

Decent sales and commission structure

Cons

Most of the people you work with want you to fail

Demoralizing Company

This company has an extremely toxic work culture. The hours that the staff members were made to work were not what what we told they would be, and there is no overtime due to the nature of the job. Management is extremely unprofessional. Worker issues are not properly addressed. There is often not enough working equipment for staff to carry out duties efficiently and completely. The actual selling practices do not reflect the intended missions and values of the company. There is high turnover.

Pros

Great pay can be possible if you are a good seller.

Cons

Frequent cancellations due to untimely resolutions, work-life balance, toxic work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Compare Ashley Furniture HomeStore with

• Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?