Ashley Furniture HomeStore

United States2,172 reviews

Found 2,172 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,278 reviews
furniturehomestoresalecommissiondeliverystoresellcustomer

ok place

It a great place to work if you like to interact with people. Great place for a first time job. It's a commmission structure. Not sure how people can make a living there. Company culture is great. You get to have a great work friend like family.

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

tooo many hours.

Ever drive into a parking lot and dread going into work?

Horrible management who only cared about the sales staff. Customer service reps have the distinct pleasure of dealing with the sales people , managers, horrible delivery teams and angry customers. That mixed with poor pay made for a miserable time. If you are ever able to work for corporate however , that I would recommend fully.

Ashley Furniture HomeStore insights

Based on 2,613 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Over worked

Daily meaningless meetings 2x a day about each persons progress and every1 must chant the same words before the meeting every day. The pay is amazing if you can sell but when people are waiting for months for their orders to be delivered and then cancel you won’t get paid out, and $15 an hour does nothing for your biweekly pay. The micromanaging is not cool and they brain wash you to think they have the better deal. Every1 who has left the company begs to differ. And my favorite thing about the company ofcorse is when management and higher ups say “it’s circumstantial when it comes to your performance and housing your tickets. Even when you follow company procedures.

Amazing locations with a lot of great people

This job has the potential to be very successful and the people who work their will help you along the way however much of the upper management and delivery side is all but in shambles which can be difficult to work with at times

Fun job, management is luck of the draw

I loved the job at first, management changed and took every bit of joy out of it. Logistics were also a nightmare system would tell you something was available but the system couldn't actually be trusted to be accurate. It was frustrating for both salespeople and client. Not a lot of fun especially when you were charged back based on the companies inability to produce in a reasonable time frame to the point clients would cancel

Good

Good compensation bad work life balance. 11 hour days on holidays. A lot of nice people though, the job is relatively fun and easy if you put your best foot forward with each guest

Productive and fun workplace

Best company I've ever worked for. Opportunities to grow from within. Could be better with training but it isn't the worst, it was due to short staffing. Family type of work environment with a very positive atmosphere. I was able to feel it when I first walked through the doors. Its a job that you go to but you dont feel like you're working.

Overworked and underpaid

The Visual Presentation Manager position and the opportunity for performance - based bonuses are misrepresented. The job is 50% inventory management, 20% building maintenance, 20% signage and pricing, and 10% actual visual presentation. The salary level is very low and the monthly bonuses are unattainable. Management presents a positive company culture, but chaos and disrespect reign.

Pros

Weekends and nights off

Cons

Low pay, overwhelming job responsibilities

Slow or no delivered business

The job was cool. Management were liars but still ok. The only problem was the people on the backend. They didn’t care about your order or the customer. Temps doing a terrible job of getting furniture in homes.

The Vision is true to the Culture. BE THE DIFFERENCE is in the DNA. The focus on supporting our communities, our people, Veterans and our partners goes a longway in supporting our customers.

Horrible toxic environment

I highly would look elsewhere if your looking to apply for any position through Ashley furniture and even after seeing this if you do proceed, good luck

Pros

Cons

Hating your life

Not a "normal" retail operation!

Price tags are often wrong and don't match the web site, be-backs don't get split always on your days off. Management plays favorites. Salespeople bicker. Most sales get canceled due to supply-chain issues. Your paychecks will dwindle except for $10/hr. which you payback. Bad retail operation! Bad people!

Beautiful store but lazy staff, they need to keep it clean and presentable for customers. I tried my best but had to leave

It was great working for them as a general manager in the beginning but there a lot of workload that they put after. I used to love Ashley furniture I worked as gm for 5 years but it deteriorated my health and I’m a marine Iraqi and Afghan vet so my ptsd was thru the roof. I recommend it for people that can stay there passed closing time and deal with the timeous stuff but if you don’t make it thru by not hitting a goal in three months you will be let go. As a franchise every Ashley furniture have their own rules so it’s not what the ceo of Ashley furniture that created Ashley with a good heart want it’s the owner of each Ashley furniture wants and their own rules. So before applying be ready for that. It’s great in the the beginning but if you don’t make few months they don’t even look at you the same way so just remember you’re expandable ! Good luck 👍🏼

Ashley homestore furniture took me in and as the result it helped me to take care of my Family. Ashley's homestore furniture is a productive company...

Upper management will lie and cover it up. There racism is strong and their are unfair practices.

Turnover is very high and upper management can not be trusted. Be very mindful of your interactions with management and coworkers. You will have micromanagement

Horrible place to work!!!!

During my interview process this place seemed fantastic but I soon found out it was all a facade! On my first day I found out that they told me the wrong schedule which in my situation was a deal-breaker. After that I was still going to try to tough it out but I also found out that the hours were different than I was told. The general manager was there on my first day but called in sick the entire rest of the week. Almost every employee I talk to didn't seem happy and talked about how much they hated their job! This company completely screwed me over in my opinion and when I resigned I got "I'm sorry to hear that"! Take my advice and stay away from this company!!!!

The management is terrible in understanding you as a human expects very high production rates out of you and does not respect you as a human at all 100% do not recommend

I really loved this job. However…

The work environment was great first of all and my manager was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. That being said the pay and job security is not so friendly. The job is commission based entirely which I’m not a fan of. Don’t get me wrong if you didn’t hit goal you still got paid but you essentially went into the negative. Which means if I take a check one week I have to pay it back in commission the next and it can stack. The owners do provide incentives and even host some events for outstanding sales people and the potential for advancement is there. The only negative I really have about the place is the pay. I understand the desire to push for sales but the fact that receiving a paycheck that isn’t commission from the company means I have to pay it back is just a complete disregard for peoples time. At the time of writing this I haven’t worked there in a while and circumstances surrounding pay could have changed however I doubt that is the case.

Not a good place to work at.

Management is poor, upper management do sleep with other employees and they backstabbing individuals.They have morals and hypocritical people and their training is really bad.

Pros

They are like a soap opera

Cons

Soap opera

Do not work there

The favoritism is unreal in this store. Some employees are treated way better than others. I worked there for a year and was part time. Part time are not allowed to have a day off because they dont accrue time, so they badically own you and I was denied recovery time for a surgery because my supervisor wanted to go camping. There is no privacy there as well, I had a medical device in my arm and my supervisor went behind my back to research all my medical stuff without my consent. They lie on you constantly to avoid getting themselves in trouble and the environment is beyond toxic. The pay is not worth the stress. Would not recommend.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Everything else. Especially managent.

No room for growth and high expectations

There are two nice things working for Ashley Furniture: the people and the schedule. Otherwise it’s terrible. The employees are all drastically underplayed and expected to take on the work load of up to four people due to lack of staff. Except they don’t want to pay the staff more so they can’t hire anyone or retain anyone. There most certainly is the fake “we’re a family and in this together” but clearly the only thing that matters is the profit. The benefits are deplorable and even the highest tier insurance is the most basic possible.

Cons

Bad benefits. Very low pay. High turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ashley Furniture HomeStore.
Powered byComparably