Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

This place is horrinle
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 15, 2018
I sold 40,000 in furniture my first month. Never seen a dime of comission. The turn over is so high here that they over hire and then lay off people before they are able to receive their commisssions. Huge scam
Ok
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 12, 2018
The corporation is a great place to work a lot of great opportunity. I’m sure they are all ran differently so I can only speak on the licensee I worked for...
Pros
Great bonus structure
Cons
No flexible time
Horrible place to work
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSNovember 10, 2018
The company is disorganized, the management is disorganized, the salespeople are lazy and ignore the customers, and the employees, including management sit around and gossip about each other. Plus, some of the employees, including management drink on the job. Also, the owner of the Ashley I worked at would refuse to fix the air conditioner unit. The store was extremely hot during the summer, even customers would leave because of the heat. Also, some of the employees did not practice good hygiene and most of the workers stayed sick. Also, the store is infested with roaches and nice. The office manager stays on her phone constantly, lies to the customers, and gossips constantly. She is also late for work every day. The whole atmosphere is horrible, stressful,and confusing.
Pros
Lunch break
manager loves to micro-manage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaNovember 9, 2018
manager loves to micro-manage, you'll have to be prepared to sell things his way, and loyalty really means nothing to him, don't be surprised if you worked 5 years, get laid off, and get no good reference from him.
I enjoyed the fast pace of job.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 8, 2018
It was a busy job sometimes undermanned. We did get turkeys and hams during holidays. We received annual safety bonus and sometimes incentive bonus. We had an annual Christmas Party.
Stressful
Front Office Personal (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WANovember 5, 2018
The day to day was always so stressful. Customers constantly were upset and yelling for something you couldn't control. I would not recommend working here unless you are very good at managing stress and getting yelled at.
Not what they told you...
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 5, 2018
Reps undercut each other, take custs out of turn, by sucking up to mgmt, showing booty. Foul language in all areas of store,Forced cold calls useless.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Pay, environment, mgmt, bad technology, infrastructure not supported or upgraded, no ojt training, CSRs supposed to bring in majority of customers
Ashley
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 25, 2018
Ashley was one of the first jobs I felt like I belonged and if I haven’t moved out of California and relocated to Idaho I would still be working there.
Pros
Comfortable working environment, sense of belonging and we worked as a family assisting each other to push boundaries to no limit
Cons
Not enough hours
Cool place to work.
Sales Manager and Sales (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 22, 2018
If you work hard it will show on your check. I work for the company for many years benefits sucks the pay depending on how much you deliver for the week. And Delivery team at times mess up your delivery and that can mess up your check because your commission base on if the furniture is Delivered. No weekends every all holidays but Thanks and Xmas.
Pros
If you like to meet new people
Cons
Work every weekend.
Great furniture company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 22, 2018
Ashley Furniture is a great company to work for number 1 furniture store , great quality furniture at a great price helps all customers out and gets them what they are looking for
Productive and fun workplace
Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNOctober 20, 2018
The hardest part of the job is waiting for your turn to help a customer. the job is commission based, so I would compare it to being a car salesman. The fun part was helping customers realize there dreams by decorating or re-decorating their homes.
Terrible place
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 19, 2018
Ashley Furniture (DSG) is the worst job I’ve ever had. There whole structure is nothing but a con job, they want you to fail, it pays off for them. They constantly encourage dishonesty with customers, honesty has no place at Ashley. They expect you to do cleaning and other chores that have nothing to do with furniture and mattress sales, I did not go to work there to do housework. The management at Ashley (DSG) are backstabbing, asskissers that are there to make you strive to help Ashley (DSG) to make more profit with no rewards for employees. I have never worked for a more dishonest organization in my life and I came there from the auto sales industry, so that should tell you something. Do yourself a favor and stay away from that job, the lies start at your interview and continue on and grow bigger.
Pros
Some really nice employees.
Cons
Terrible pay, hours and benefits, all around bad deal!
Great job, terrible work culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 18, 2018
The job itself is fantastic, I was paid fairly. Paid leave is available after 1 year. It is a great environment. However, bad things can happen anywhere. Harassment and/or employee issues are not handled well by upper management and the owner.
Pros
Pay & Health Insurance
Cons
Work Culture & Issue Resolution
Fun place to work. Nice people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with all the people at my location; however, I would like a job in Customer Service that doesn’t require standing all day and has a steady paycheck. I love meeting people and helping them when they need help. Ashley’s has a quality product and is highly recognized as a quality furniture store.
Pros
Great people to work with and a beautiful showroom.
Cons
Long hours to be on your feet.
Employee churner
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2018
The general manager was awesome. The regional manager made life difficult for everyone he supervised. He churns employees to keep from having to pay a living wage.
I had fun!
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 15, 2018
The job really got you thinking regarding talking to customers and finding ways to help them out. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and management as well; they were helpful and knowledgeable in the products and services. I learned a lot about how to approach people differently than what I was used to in a typical entry-level position, but it can be difficult to learn how to make your sales and meet the goals on a consistent basis if you don't already have experience in it. Make sure if you are considering the job to learn as much as possible regarding the products and services, it will be a huge help to you!
Terrible Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 14, 2018
Unorganized managers. Staff is always fighting with each other and not talking to each so the job never gets done since they cannot seem to work together.
Say family oriented but not.
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  28th Street, KentwoodOctober 12, 2018
I would not recommend. Not what they say it is. Training Manager is fake and she lies. Nice to face, but stabs you in the back, especially if she doesn't like you.
Pros
Not mentioning
Cons
Not mentioning
great job
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 10, 2018
provided me a great experience. Got to work as a team, with great leaders! My job duties included receiving and stocking. Greatest part was going on deliveries.
Home Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work and make friends who feel like family. Great management and motivational meetings. But if you have a family life then the hours can suck. Especially because you work all weekend every weekend.
Pros
Commission based
Cons
Hours on weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.