Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

Unorganized and no sense or management skills
Senior Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  3018 Lakewood DriveApril 20, 2018
I worked for the ashley furniture dc in phenix city alabama on 3018 lakewood drive suite b for 8 years never missed a day always came to work 30 minutes early too keep from being late. After 8 years of hard work and determination they let me go talking about I failed to stay productive this was after I hurt my back and my leg a day before delivering their furniture. They don't provide the necessary lifting equipment like back braces non of this thing's. Then when you hurt yourself they blame you. When you are working for this company if you are not brown nosing they don't give a mess about you all. I did everything for this company I broke my back helping this company and never turned down work or nothing. Ashley's furniture is full of mess they treat their customers and the workers like mess. !!!!!!!!!!!!Beware you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Benifits
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 20, 2018
Management played favorites. so if you were not in the circle your hours were low and you worked the shifts noone else wanted, they hire you for part time and have you work full time. it is hard to even get a lunch break or a 15 minute break due to not enough staff was allways only 2 people on at all times
Pros
small discounts on furniture
Cons
no benifites and put you on part time status but have you work full time hours
Stay away from this company!
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
Awful company to work for. They talk about their best employees behind their backs. I wouldn’t recommend working for this company to anyone as they will use and abuse you!
Very slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 17, 2018
Typical work day was assisting customers and help them find their desired furniture for their home. I learned what types of fabrics and difference is products. The work environment was friendly and up-beat. hardest part of the job was waiting for customers to come into store, at times we would only get 2 customers per representative for the whole day.
Hard working warehouse with a relaxed environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 16, 2018
I learned a lot about inventory here, and also had the appeal of hard labor. This job went by commission via production, so there was a drive to work hard and consistent.
Fast paced, can be fun, for the most part stressful
Visual Lead (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 16, 2018
A typical day at work involves many fast paced tasks. In my position it is a Visual team of 3. Unfortunately, it is rare the store finds employees to fully staff the team. For the amount of work involved in each position, we are very underpaid. The hardest part of my job is doing multiple positions at once. I am always behind and the store sadly suffers for it. The circumstances would be easier to handle if the manager was more capable of motivating, following corporate protocol, and having a good grasp of the full job descriptions in the store. Most of the staff dislike being there (due to management) and this leads to poor workplace culture.

All this being said the store is not always bad. The corporation itself is truly inspiring and for the most part sticks to it's promises of taking care of the customer and employee. The company would be wonderful to move up in and I know I have the opportunity, however the stores have too many stresses and I can no longer handle work stress bleeding into my personal life.

The company has promise, yet has a ways to go.
Pros
Always striving to be the best
Cons
Unable to take care of all employees
Ok place for temporary work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 13, 2018
Management sucked. You never had a chance to make your own deals. Plus favoritism up the butt there. If you weren't a favorite you didn't get deals. Pay was ok but traffic flow sucked. Plus if you didn't make quota for the month because of traffic you were fired because it "isn't their problem they are in a bad area" good temporary job until you find something better. Don't make a career out of working here.
Pros
Automatic 35 hours a week
Cons
Sucky salary
Better be good at selling yourself
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOApril 7, 2018
Ashley is a great place to work if you really know how to sell yourself, because if you can do that you can maybe sell anything. You have a quota, you sell until its met.
great training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 7, 2018
The two week training was well done by their corporate office. I felt it was adequate to be successful on the sales floor. I was only there for a year due to health issues. I would have liked to have been able to stay.
Pros
lots of product to sell
Cons
micro managed
Quickpaced
Warehouse/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 6, 2018
Coming in checking damages on furniture when they come off the truck and assemble them to get them ready for pick up or delivery. I have learned many ways to fix damages on furniture and how to correctly assemble them in 5-10 minutes. The management environment is not very well. The warehouse manager was rude to most of the employees. Workplace culture is uncomfortable, some what stressful, and tiresome. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the warehouse manager and going up the stairs with furniture without making any damages to them. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the co-workers and working beside them.
Pros
Furniture Discount
Cons
.Poor Warehouse Management, no Benefits.
Good environment
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 3, 2018
Good teammates
Store was one of the top selling stores on 2017
Ashley donates beds to children on need it

Its really hard when its slow and you can not hit your bonus nor your commission
advancement opportunity dull
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 2, 2018
You work at least 50 hours a week and have hardly anytime to balance both family and work. If you are a family oriented individual this job WILL NOT work for you. They are unorganized and unprofessional. Customers constantly have complaints with the company which makes for a bad reputation. They are extremely overpriced and stand to benefit anyway they can. You are paid commission only. Hourly at 7.25 if you cannot get enough furniture delivery in the 2-6 week time period needed to earn a commission check. $35,000 delivered will get you at least 900.00 every two weeks. Its a headache.
Pros
catered lunch on saturdays
Cons
low paid extremely long hours
fun
sales/data Entry (Former Employee) –  7951 Winchester Rd, Memphis, TN 38125March 31, 2018
i was only there for the sasonal, but i enjoyed it. you get to meet alot of new people and make alot of money. this job really helps you build character.
Major Communication Problems
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 30, 2018
Most days working here are pretty slow. I continued to have a hard time staying busy because I would get everything done so fast. I have learned a lot about the furniture industry and financing processes while working here. The people are absolutely fantastic to work with, but the communication with management and owner are absolutely lacking. It seems like there's a giant communication barrier between the store owner and his management team, and it affects all of us in the long run. The store isn't ran very efficiently and a lot of blame gets thrown around because of it. There have been multiple times I have thrown around ideas to help be more efficient around the store, but not a lot of them have been taken into consideration. I really do love working here because the other associates are absolutely wonderful, but I feel like this store really needs an overhaul with how it's ran. Too many people are overworked and underpaid, and it really shows in a lot of what they do.
Pros
occasional bonuses and free lunches
Cons
short breaks, take forever on promised raises
Good Concept but not real.
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE/SALES TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, IL 62269March 25, 2018
Company's concepts and mottos are great, but are not really implemented as stated because of poor management. A lot of personality conflicts in the store.
Family oriented business
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2018
Business was started off a family dream and remains family oriented. Even in our store, where nobody is blood related, they all act like family to each other.
Stressful environment with no opportunity of moving up.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMarch 20, 2018
During my time at Ashley Homestore the pay was decent and the hours were good. Certain managers micromanaged and were never satisfied with employees progress. Unprofessional management a lot of shady stuff going on. Didn’t seem to care about their employees there was tons of favoritism and backstabbing in the company between managers and employees. Managers were constantly changing things and trying to add new stuff to what you already were doing. Except for one manager he was a great manager compared to the rest. Customers were okay but when an issue arose then management never wanted to step up and take care of the customer preferred their employees to deal with it. Seems like there was always issues with things coming in broken or not found and customers not being satisfied. Lack of communication to customers. Needed to stop misleading customers. Ends in many cancellations and upset customers. Company was new in town still very fresh a lot of stuff not done correctly still has tons to learn and grow.
Pros
1hr lunch, good hours, full time
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional, didn’t care about employees, favoritism, unorganized
Relaxing and fun
Professional Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2018
*A typical day at work is taking care of customers
*The work place is very relaxing
*The most enjoyable thing to me is the customers
* I learn new things out everyday
Ashley Advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 19, 2018
With Ashley they always are telling you there is room to grow, but once you reach a certain point unfortunately those growth opportunities go away. Starting out it was really good and I moved up quick.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 16, 2018
Great place to work with an excellent management team. Top notch training program. Team and family oriented work culture. Dorwaed thinking management team that alwats has the employees best interests at heart.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.