Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good working environment...
Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Brook, NJAugust 18, 2018
Good and supportive work environment utilizing a proven sales process. Always working together as a team to help each other improve. For example, role playing different types of sales situations.
Okay stepping stone in career
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 17, 2018
If you are looking for a long term career with advancement opportunities this is not the company for you. On the outside it looks good. But the training is mediocre. They give u enough to get by. The pay sucks and you wont get raises except a 3% cost of living increase. If you are full time you will probably receive a bonus however.
As for the staff, most are a good bunch but my experience has been if you are a Christian be prepared to be offended. The gossip is horrid, the language is foul. May as well work for a trucking company. And thats in the store not the warehouse.
Pros
Good people to work with and for
Cons
Salary, advancement opportunities, too much gossip. Too little training
Fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2018
To work here very easy position and flexible hours. The pay isn’t great but it’s a good job to start out with when you need a little money in your pocket
Love the environment but barely room to grow
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLAugust 16, 2018
You can learn alot here but take any opportunity for advancement because they come very few and far in between although talked about all the time. Fun employees though!
Pros
Happy work place, free lunch
Cons
Pay could be better, little room to grow
Terrible
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 13, 2018
Very stressful if quota not met. Managers would get nasty if you didn't. A .lot of cut throats to make the most money . Over all not a good company to work for.
Pros
ok
Cons
Cut throat sales people.
Fun ata work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 13, 2018
We are a family Christian base store .We help family in need .. work long hours and work at Ashley is fun and oriented place to be at .. Outgoing co worker
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough time for lunch
Ashley Furniture Warehouse
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 13, 2018
working in the dock area is hot, and busy at times. managment is only worried about themselves and getting the job done. hard to advance and get a raise even if you are a hard worker.
Pros
its a check.
Cons
its not a big check
Lots of gossip
Customers Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Too much gossip. The environment was laid back, but because of that people felt they could dig into others lives and gossip at work. If you didn't engage in after work drink some you were targeted as an outsider.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Laid back
Wonderful furniture at a low cost
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 10, 2018
Going into Ashley furniture and seeing how nice the show room floor looks from setting it up to make the customers engage into that product to buy it as an excellent feeling
Pros
Got items at cost price
Cons
Some days would be slow
Not Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 10, 2018
Employees are not treated well and customers are not treated much better. Ashley Furniture is a manufacturer and does not care about their retail stores, nor do they know how to run a retail store. The manager shows intense favoritism and condemns the sales people when sales are low. Constantly opening new stores has caused traffic to be nonexistent at times. The company is very disorganized and the upper, upper management just enjoys collecting their paychecks while real workers struggle.
Pros
$10.00 per hour guaranteed and occasional pizza.
Cons
Too many to list.
Office environment
Customer Service/ Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARAugust 8, 2018
Good place to work when everything is calm. Once management gets stressed rules are put in place to max, nothing will get out of place without being yelled at, and any fixable mistakes turn into extreme issues. Office manager is HR, so good luck in complaining to her about herself.
Pros
Flexibility in afternoon shifts
Cons
Morning shifts are placed to only certain people
Terrible place to work!!!
Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 7, 2018
The Wellsville Group (dba Ashley Furniture Home Store) is a TERRIBLE company to work for. Firstly, they do not generate enough business or have enough sales volume to justify how many salespeople they put on their sales floor. Therefore, no one makes a living wage. Even if you are the best salesperson in the world, you would be lucky to make $25,000/year. I was hired as a salesperson in a brand new store that was about to have its "Grand Opening". The "Grand Opening" was a joke.......very few customers showed up......and even less actually bought any furniture. The store manager even admitted to me that the company "dropped the ball" when it came to advertising the new store, but he encouraged me to stick with the company and things would get better. They didn't get better. They got worse. When I finally left the company a couple of months later, most of the salespeople who had been hired with me had already left the company.

And here's the best part. When I left the company (on good terms), I asked the store manager if I could wait to clean out my locker until I came in to pick up my last paycheck a week later. He assured me that would be fine and my belongings would be safe. When I came into the store a week later to pick up my check, I found out that all of my personal belongings that were in my locker had been THROWN IN THE TRASH a couple of days earlier! One of the employees verified that he had seen my work shoes and my ties in a garbage receptacle along with other personal belongings of mine and paperwork that I had in my locker (including the original copy of my birth
  more... certificate). This locker was in a break room at the store where only employees are allowed, so it was apparent that it had to have been a Wellsville Group (Ashley) employee who threw my personal belongings in the trash. I was shocked that they would do something like that...especially since the store manager assured me that it would be okay to leave my belongings in the locker until I picked up my final paycheck. When I told store management that I would like to be reimbursed for the cost of at least some of the personal belongings that they carelessly threw away, they referred me to "Human Resources". After several phone calls to "Human Resources", I was informed that they would NOT reimburse me for the personal belongings that I had lost due to their carelessness and it was NOT their responsibility.

This is not a company that I would want to work for. This is a company that has no idea how to treat their employees. Please, do yourself a favor and pursue a position with a company that actually cares about the people who work for them. The Wellsville Group (dba Ashley Furniture Home Store) is definitely NOT that company.
Pros
Cons
Bad management and ownership
No room for advancement.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CA 92243August 1, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism, no room to grow. While working there I did not learn much, there was no training. I had previous experience before working there. Staff does not care about employees.
It's ok we have vending machines
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2018
Ashley furniture is a good company, I love my job and the customers, but for what we do in the office they should pay more. We are the lowest paid employees in ashley furniture hlmestore but do the most work in a home store. There are many positions you can definitely branch out into but only when a spot is available, so you have to be on your toes and apply once it comes up.
Pros
If you're full time you'll get your 40 hrs
Cons
Short breaks, and needs better staff.
fun thrilling sales experience with unlimited earning potential
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 30, 2018
Fun and exciting inside sales environment where you are in control of your earnings potential, with management that is always there to help with any and every sale you wish them to come in on with you. Made great money and lots of friends.
Pros
sky is the limit for earnings potential
Cons
had to invest your time above 40 hours every week manditory
Typical Sales Job
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 25, 2018
It was wonderful meeting so many people in the store. The hardest part is having to work 100% on commission. If you don't hit your sales goals, then you get paid hourly. But it is on loan until you hit your sales goals. You're only paid when you make a sale, and it does not include layaway.
Pros
The people
Cons
Commission
Awful job, overly competitive and unwelcoming atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 22, 2018
The atmosphere at Ashley was overly competitive. Sales associates that have been there a while would try to intimidate new hires and every now and then hard earned sales would be stolen or unfairly split with other sales people. I liked some of my coworkers but management showed favoritism and was inconsistent with store policies. NOT WORTH THE PAY
Pros
Decent pay during busy times (Commission)
Cons
Intimidation from coworkers, poor management, having to lie to make a living
High stress with not much employee appreciation from the CEO's
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 21, 2018
I did not enjoy working there towards the end of my time there. The CEO's do not teach the CORE VALUES by example, that they created. Christian values look great on paper but are not exercised.
No Life!
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 20, 2018
I work every weekend and every holiday known to man except Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. There are no annual pay increases, there is no training and development for managers, no-promote from within and a .25%(1/4 of 1% match up to 6% on 401k) Do your research. Most Ashley Homestores are owned by licensees. Some may pay better than others. The Turner Group is an awful place to work if you are a manager.
Fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 20, 2018
Overall it was a good experience learned a lot although training wasnt the best but you learn as you go. It was very loud in the warehouse and a lot of people did not speak English.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.