Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

Decent
Delivery Driver/Warehouse/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Poca, WVSeptember 18, 2018
Decent job with decent pay. Hard work and a lot to be responsible for. My boss and co-workers were outstanding. I still keep in contact with them today. Only reason I left was to take another job that offered more money and was a better situation for my family.
Pros
Great equipment to drive.
Cons
Not enough pay and long hours
Worst Place to Work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 18, 2018
If you liked being treated like dirt, work at Ashley's! The worst possible owner ever, he literally doesn't care about ANYTHING besides getting a customers money. Everyone who works there hates their job but doesn't do anything about it. It's overall the worst place I've ever worked.
Corpus Store is Terrible
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasSeptember 17, 2018
There is a 'glitch' in the time keeping software that cuts off your hours every Sunday. IF they fix your check and add the hours worked will still be regular pay instead of overtime if those hours pushed you over 40.
There is little to no communication between stores and the warehouse where the furniture is made/held. This leads to errors and issues with customers.
Pros
Discount on furniture after three months
Cons
Management, pay
Mostly good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Ashley, except for the almost daily problems with delivery. I often had to sell twice. Schedule is hard on a family - nights, weekends, holidays
Pros
Lots of merchandise to choose from
Cons
All weekends and holiday schedule
Greedy Sales Floor
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Managers have favorites. Some don't know how to help you negotiate or treat their favorite (top sellers) with more favor over others. The company has training before you're hired, but not enough product knowledge and other knowledge (e.g. for financing) is given. Coworkers are usually greedy. Company is greedy for money and deceives it's customers. Managers talk about customers in unprofessional way behind their backs. Sexually derogatory remarks are frequent in this work culture and company. Company deceives customers and managers don't even know their product.
Pros
Spiff money and sometimes commission, fun decorating with customers
Cons
Unprofessional, greedy, overly competitive, disingenuous, little time off
not worth it
office professional (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 14, 2018
horrible. management didn't know what they were doing. better off at mcdonald's. the managers will cut you down, make you feel horrible, tell you your best isn't enough. don't apply here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great work enviornment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJSeptember 14, 2018
a typical day consists of a sales associate group meeting, restating the importance of customer satisfaction and product based knowledge. a cultural environment.
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  TempeSeptember 13, 2018
Management here wasn’t great, only one of my three managers really gets anything done. The other two are extremely lazy. Overall the other employees are pretty cool and fun to work with.
Excellent
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I know the owner of the store personally and he helped me with the whole process. Kind and business oriented with great skills that I got to see first hand.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Some work can be tedious
Good place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 11, 2018
This was a good job. fair wages, and everyone that worked there was friendly and hard working. My boss was amazing!! and she was a hard working person too!
fun
sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 3, 2018
the hardest thing for this job it can be stressful at sometimes like you have to meet the quota every 3 months so when its crunch time it can get very hard
You learn a lot how to handle on the spot situation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CASeptember 1, 2018
I think if you ever work my job you have to have a back bone . This job can either make you or break you. Definitely quick pace so if you are a slow learner don’t even apply
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
To many
Fun job to meet new people and learn new skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 30, 2018
I built and delivered furniture. The customers were usually excited to recieve their new purchases and warm to offer a cold soda. On average the work load was even and well paced.
Pros
Lunch break, discount, pay raises, awards
Cons
Improper managers( specific to certain people)
Awesome Environment
Furniture Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 30, 2018
Great people, truly looking to help customers in any way they can! I have learned such amazing lessons from here like how to better myself and my life!
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, Fast paced work environment.
Cons
No lunch breaks sometimes but they still take out 30 min per 8 hour shift.
productive and fun place with a basket ball hoop
Primary delivery (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTAugust 28, 2018
back bending/breaking work, team lifting, be knowledgeable with furniture production.

furniture production/repair

warehouse management was great

hardest part was figuring out angles and space
Pros
20% dicount
Cons
short breaks and no room for advancement
slow pace selling, young inexperienced staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILAugust 27, 2018
really disappointing! had really high expectations after working there was really excited to work for the number 1 furniture company, 80% of their staff new to the business, really hard from management to help, there so advanced in technology that makes it really hard to process sales in there system, not very much inventory, hard for sales when looking for instant gratification. over all was a bad experience in comparison to other furniture stores i worked at.
More hours
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAAugust 27, 2018
Ashley water house is a nice good place to work at..my thing was that they didn't give me enough hours but due to the employers and staffing every body was Kind and gentle.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long routes
Very slow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 27, 2018
The environment at Ashley homestore was not very faced paced and most of the time boring. Flexible with schedule, no benefits, and no room for advancement.
Opportunity
Sales and Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Cordova TNAugust 27, 2018
Awesome company overall. I basically navigated clients throughout the processes of creating a vignette for the home/office using our products and services. The passion for selling a $50 lamp to furnishing $25000 worth of household products made it a worthwhile experience.
Pros
providing for myself and livelihood
Cons
Cut-throat commissioned environment
ashley homestore
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 27, 2018
decent work & very competitive. good hours and a set schedule. friendly environment & management. good training...focus is more of a "soft selling" approach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about