Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

A toxic and stressful environment. Upper management and HR seem to be working together to ruin lives.
employee (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 17, 2018
A typical day is filled with pointless and underwhelming group huddles and scrimmages. Plenty of bad attitudes and in-fighting to go around. If your lucky and learn quickly, you have a small chance to make a decent salary but at the expense of anything resembling a personal life. You must give up every weekend for your entire career with FDE along with most of your evenings and nights. Oh and they make you work on holidays, including Thanksgiving. No shortage of backstabbing, gossip, micro-management, and mixed messages from the higher ups. Any decision maker in the company is so far out of touch with what really goes on, things will get worse way before they get better. Please do not apply to work at this company.
Pros
You might loose weight from lack of breaks and stress.
Cons
Almost too many to count...
Great Company & Benifits, Horrible Coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Sales people were nice, but customer service people were almost all new. Those that weren't seemed to hate the job and the customers. One coworker took a dislike to me and was rude and insulting on a daily basis! Direct manager was naive and unsupportive. The entire department, manager included, complained about customers in front of other customers and loud enough that the client you would be speaking with on the phone could hear it as well! The drama from coworkers was just to much and the department was so lacking in professionalism that I had to go.
Pros
Great company, good benifits, nice upper management and sales people.
Cons
Poor lower management, horrible coworkers, alot of turnover!
Terrible place
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOOctober 19, 2018
Ashley Furniture (DSG) is the worst job I’ve ever had. There whole structure is nothing but a con job, they want you to fail, it pays off for them. They constantly encourage dishonesty with customers, honesty has no place at Ashley. They expect you to do cleaning and other chores that have nothing to do with furniture and mattress sales, I did not go to work there to do housework. The management at Ashley (DSG) are backstabbing, asskissers that are there to make you strive to help Ashley (DSG) to make more profit with no rewards for employees. I have never worked for a more dishonest organization in my life and I came there from the auto sales industry, so that should tell you something. Do yourself a favor and stay away from that job, the lies start at your interview and continue on and grow bigger.
Pros
Some really nice employees.
Cons
Terrible pay, hours and benefits, all around bad deal!
Okay stepping stone in career
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 17, 2018
If you are looking for a long term career with advancement opportunities this is not the company for you. On the outside it looks good. But the training is mediocre. They give u enough to get by. The pay sucks and you wont get raises except a 3% cost of living increase. If you are full time you will probably receive a bonus however.
As for the staff, most are a good bunch but my experience has been if you are a Christian be prepared to be offended. The gossip is horrid, the language is foul. May as well work for a trucking company. And thats in the store not the warehouse.
Pros
Good people to work with and for
Cons
Salary, advancement opportunities, too much gossip. Too little training
Cool place to work.
Sales Manager and Sales (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 22, 2018
If you work hard it will show on your check. I work for the company for many years benefits sucks the pay depending on how much you deliver for the week. And Delivery team at times mess up your delivery and that can mess up your check because your commission base on if the furniture is Delivered. No weekends every all holidays but Thanks and Xmas.
Pros
If you like to meet new people
Cons
Work every weekend.
Nice working with people.
Merchandise Prep. (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
I liked the work. I didn’t get a raise until they knew I was going to leave. I was there 2 and a half years and on a daily basis I played a great many roles more than was necessary as team lead . We got a new supervisor just before I left the company.
Pros
It was a good place to accomplish things on a daily basis.
Cons
There wasn’t enough room for advancement.
SR. Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  everywhereMay 20, 2018
Management under owners only care about having a good looking budgets, paying low wages, and increment workload with no compensation.

Employees will work out of their job descriptions hoping to get the promotion that never comes, I worked there for so long and watch so many co workers working without the position, wage and benefits they were promised.

Vice presidents are constantly rotated and every time the new one comes, new procedures and budgets affect, pending promotions and raises.
Pros
entry level positions
Cons
low wages, promises that hardly are met, overloaded with responsabilities not part of the job description.
Fun job to meet new people and learn new skills
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 30, 2018
I built and delivered furniture. The customers were usually excited to recieve their new purchases and warm to offer a cold soda. On average the work load was even and well paced.
Pros
Lunch break, discount, pay raises, awards
Cons
Improper managers( specific to certain people)
Too Many compensation changes
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 19, 2018
Besides the numerous compensation changes,the company tends to "flood the floor" with sales associates during busy holidays. This results in less opportunities for sales associates.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Poor compensation
productive relaxed enviornment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 1, 2018
At this job you don't only get benefits like paid time off and and a week of vacation time, you also get to interact with a group of employees that are very diverse all sorts of different personalities from the customers that walk in and out of the store and a life lesson from the many boss you work for i learned to love this job even though i had no idea i would be doing way more then just warehouse work pretty fun life experience.
Pros
paid time off, vacation time, paid holidays off, steady fulltime hours
Cons
self track of time, hourly pay
Good experience
Sales representatives (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 23, 2018
Knowing and applying a national sales system and getting benefits based on results and not on time was good learning. Competitive work environment and unnecessary stressful management.
Pros
Learn a good sales systems
Cons
Stressed management
Great place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Full of energy constantly moving hours are a little bit of a hassle but fantastic place loved working there. I was having fun being there. cross trained and hired from within before hiring from the outside.
Pros
Overtime, excellent benefits, high energy, Always room for more
Quickpaced
Warehouse/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 6, 2018
Coming in checking damages on furniture when they come off the truck and assemble them to get them ready for pick up or delivery. I have learned many ways to fix damages on furniture and how to correctly assemble them in 5-10 minutes. The management environment is not very well. The warehouse manager was rude to most of the employees. Workplace culture is uncomfortable, some what stressful, and tiresome. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the warehouse manager and going up the stairs with furniture without making any damages to them. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the co-workers and working beside them.
Pros
Furniture Discount
Cons
.Poor Warehouse Management, no Benefits.
No Life!
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 20, 2018
I work every weekend and every holiday known to man except Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. There are no annual pay increases, there is no training and development for managers, no-promote from within and a .25%(1/4 of 1% match up to 6% on 401k) Do your research. Most Ashley Homestores are owned by licensees. Some may pay better than others. The Turner Group is an awful place to work if you are a manager.
Ashley Furniture Warehouse
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 13, 2018
working in the dock area is hot, and busy at times. managment is only worried about themselves and getting the job done. hard to advance and get a raise even if you are a hard worker.
Pros
its a check.
Cons
its not a big check
Very slow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 27, 2018
The environment at Ashley homestore was not very faced paced and most of the time boring. Flexible with schedule, no benefits, and no room for advancement.
Great benefits at workplace
Visual Merchandiser/Trainer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 8, 2018
I viewed planograms and set up floor accordingly, placed furniture pieces that aesthetically pleased environment of certain areas in the store, assisted the visual manager, opened warehouse, constructed clearance tags, categorized inventory. Visual manager was very helpful and sweet, best manager I have ever had. The company is really understanding when it comes to personal/family issues.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
employees were catty, hard to advance in company
Major Communication Problems
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 30, 2018
Most days working here are pretty slow. I continued to have a hard time staying busy because I would get everything done so fast. I have learned a lot about the furniture industry and financing processes while working here. The people are absolutely fantastic to work with, but the communication with management and owner are absolutely lacking. It seems like there's a giant communication barrier between the store owner and his management team, and it affects all of us in the long run. The store isn't ran very efficiently and a lot of blame gets thrown around because of it. There have been multiple times I have thrown around ideas to help be more efficient around the store, but not a lot of them have been taken into consideration. I really do love working here because the other associates are absolutely wonderful, but I feel like this store really needs an overhaul with how it's ran. Too many people are overworked and underpaid, and it really shows in a lot of what they do.
Pros
occasional bonuses and free lunches
Cons
short breaks, take forever on promised raises
I’ll forever be wary of new jobs and promotions
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Valley, AZApril 7, 2018
Given several promotions with no raises until months after and no compensation or back pay for said lack of raises, despite responsibilities of the new title being assumed and enforced. Poor working conditions for the office staff with long hours, low pay and easily the largest work load in the store. Never felt so disrespected by a company I’d shown true loyalty to. 24000 salary for a job I worked on average 55 hours a week at.
Ok place for temporary work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 13, 2018
Management sucked. You never had a chance to make your own deals. Plus favoritism up the butt there. If you weren't a favorite you didn't get deals. Pay was ok but traffic flow sucked. Plus if you didn't make quota for the month because of traffic you were fired because it "isn't their problem they are in a bad area" good temporary job until you find something better. Don't make a career out of working here.
Pros
Automatic 35 hours a week
Cons
Sucky salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.