Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

Productive, Highly competetive
Sales (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 16, 2018
Good place to work, Great people to work with. Fast paced and met new customers daily. Great training opportunities, meeting sales targets every morning.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
on your feet 8 hours a day
Interesting job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 11, 2018
Working here was an adventure, I learned more then I thought I would, Unloading trucks was different then other jobs I've had. They are stingy at hiring people.
Very busy specially if we have the sale promotions
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 9, 2018
I liked working at Ashley even if it’s too far from my home - I worked well with my co-workers. They are all very supportive.
I like the busyness sometimes- there’s so much energy specially when we are selling good
Pros
Free lunch and product discount
Cons
Low pay
Worst job I've experienced, rather be back in Sharana than Ashley.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2018
Working at Ashley Homestore was a terrible experience that in many ways soured sales work for me, you're expected to do more and more with less which is due to the fixed sales goal and the high turnover rate. Hard work is in no way rewarded, and the owners will try to cheat you out of your commission at every turn.
Pros
It's better working there than being homeless.
Cons
Hours, pay, leadership.
Sucks
Home Furniture Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 6, 2018
Cutthroat sales environment. The management staff offers no support whatsoever in terms of advice, different technique approaches, nothing. It's all about the sale or you're out on your butt.
stressful place to work
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 2, 2018
Over staffed with sales people, very stressful trying to meet quota every month.
The more you sell, the more they want. By third time not making the minimum sale of $35,000 per month, you will be terminated.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, when floor busy
Job searcher beware
Prefer to be anonymous. (Former Employee) –  anonymousJuly 2, 2018
In my year of working here, I saw dozens and dozens of people get hired, the quit/ get fired about a month later. Don't waste your time here. Poor management, the pay is TERRIBLE and they expect so much out of you and constantly pile on more responsibilities. Your best off working pretty much anywhere but here. I'm so happy to no longer work for this joke of a company.
Pros
Sometimes they give you food
Cons
pay, lies, deception, cliques and drama
Job full of lies and false promises
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2018
Didn’t work here very long, the things they tell you in the interview end up being false. Horrible hrs to work and the way their weeks start some times you could get stuck working 8+ days with out a day off. Too much expected from you for such little pay and how many day you works it’s just not enough for all the things you have to go through with customers. Guest services and their sales departments are joke. There is no professionalism at all and there’s no clear line on what’s appropriate in the work place and what’s not. If I could give this place negative starts I would. They tell you certain things are optional to do when you work there but penalties you when you don’t do it.
Pros
Fine with working with requested time off
Cons
Everything else about the place
Terrible polace to work
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 2, 2018
Working here was one of the worst experiences of my life. Training was one way or leave. It changed each week based on the ideas of one man who could not encourage consistently. You wold one way for a week and then he had a brain storm and we would change everything. Never asked for advice from experienced sales people and never shared his own qualifications.
Pros
Cons
Their selling model is fishy
productive relaxed enviornment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 1, 2018
At this job you don't only get benefits like paid time off and and a week of vacation time, you also get to interact with a group of employees that are very diverse all sorts of different personalities from the customers that walk in and out of the store and a life lesson from the many boss you work for i learned to love this job even though i had no idea i would be doing way more then just warehouse work pretty fun life experience.
Pros
paid time off, vacation time, paid holidays off, steady fulltime hours
Cons
self track of time, hourly pay

Want to know more about Ashley Furniture HomeStore?

Ask a question
Relaxing atmosphere
Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJune 28, 2018
My store is one of the slower stores in the company. But it has a good relaxing atmosphere. The employees are welcoming. The managers are understanding, and respectful. We have a tight culture, It feels like a small family. My coworkers make coming to work an enjoyable experience. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers who may have gotten their request/claim denied by corporate.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Employees don't last long
Fast-paced
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 27, 2018
On a daily bases phone would always be ringing and any problems that arose within the work environment, management would not take care of. It was stressful.
friendly, fun work environment
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 25, 2018
I learned skills and knowledge about the products and systems used to write and finalize sales. It was easy to discuss concerns and questions to management and getting them resolved in timely manners.
It is what you put into it.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2018
Great company to work for. Can be great pay but the hours are super long and lots of meetings. If you enjoy talking to customers and the thrills of hitting goals then its a great career.
Good comrodery but the company hasno safety net for employees during slow seasons
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Georgia, ALJune 21, 2018
The overall culture at Ashley is upbeat and friendly, the staff are great, the management is lacking (managers prioritize their schedules and vacation days over the overall wellbeing of the store and their subordinates), the company has difficulty getting product to customers in a timely manner, however the company sells well made furniture and stands by the quality of the product, they're very good about addressing any manufacture defects, for salespeople the pay is entirely commission based which is good until dry months in the winter, in those circumstances the salesperson in paid minimum wage unless their overall sales commission % is more than minimum wage, in December 2017 all salespersons at the Opelika location were paid $1200 for the month, comparatively salespersons earn an average of $4000 during high volume months, this makes it very difficult for salespersons to maintain their quality of life consistently or to provide for dependents
Pros
health care, dental
Cons
inconsistent pay
N/a
Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
N/A do better with paying people. Allow people to move up in responsibility. Hold people accountable. Allow people to have off some holidays. Review and continue to train management.
Its better than nothing
Customer Service Representative Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJune 17, 2018
Overall the stressful environment, poorly managed. Not enough to pay for what you actually due for the company. Customers never Satisfied due to the inventory never being on time. Poor delivery service poor management delivery service in order to get the customers product on time.
Family environment
Office Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 17, 2018
I love working here, but there are down falls. The office staff is greatly under appreciated. The store managers and office manger are an amazing group of people to work for.
Workable place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTJune 16, 2018
Within customer service representative workers we get along and get the job done for the sale representatives. We help them with mistakes they create on their sales.
Muy divertido y personas muy buenas
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2018
it was almost two years that I worked in that warehouse the phenomenal people happy and very good, I learned a lot about the work inside the warehouse, I am very grateful for having worked there
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Hay que caminar mucho

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Our community is ready to answer.