Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Found 1,926 reviews matching the search See all 1,991 reviews
fast pace, stressful
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIOctober 10, 2018
The management is poor, there is alot of favoritism and no place for advancement for hard working people, they will only promote their friends. When you get sick and have to go to the hospital your supervisor will not accept your excuse doctors note and will write you up. The vacation time has been reduced to nearly anything especially for employees whose been there for a long time like 10+ yrs. When you have a complaint and brings it to the supervisors attentions 90% of the time it will be ignored, and the tools they use to build furnitures are not the best thats why people get hurt all the time to carpeltunnel. I would not recommend anyone to work there ever, it is a place I would call modern slavery.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
poor management, no place for advancement, terribly high turn over rate
Lacking In All Categories
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 12, 2018
The idea of Ashley Furniture and the concepts they ingrain in you, seem promising for someone who’s looking for a career. Unfortunately the reality far outweighs the idea/concepts. If you so choose to work for Ashley Furniture in the management capacity, fully expect to work 60+ hour a week, with minimal base salary. The bonus structure is designed to fail and is fairly hard to achieve, based on the unrealistic goals placed before you. Often times, you’re asked to work six days a week and when it’s time to use your hard-earned vacation, it’s the equivalent of getting your teeth pulled to get the time off approved. I wish I didn’t have to write such a scathing review, as the potential for this company is enormous. Until you shake the corporate tree and remove and replace most of the upper management with forward-thinkers, this company will never reach its full potential.
Pros
Good Employee Discount
Cons
No 401k Option, Long Hours, Poor Upper Management
all depends on the management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 6, 2018
It can be a fun place to work. it mostly depends on the management and the owners of the franchise. ours gave us free advanced sales training. sometimes working in a commissioned sales environment can make others territorial with customers. but most of the sales team made from 30k-100k depending on your skill, determination, and charisma. the biggest complaint is that the office team was hourly with little to no chance to move up. and no raises even after two years and no extra way to earn money.
Pros
being on the sales team
Cons
being on the office team
Over worked and under appreciated
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 9, 2018
You come to work and jump on to non stop calls from people who are upset. That is your job. To "help" customers who have something wrong with their furniture or were promised a date to get their furniture and that didn't happen. You are given 30 min to follow up with the many customers you talk to daily. You never catch up but are told daily you need to get up to date on your csms. There are some really good people that work there and some management are great others not so much. If there's one good thing i can say about the spacific location I worked at it would be that my fellow inbound and dispatch ppl were what made going to work bearable... And that's it.
Pros
Making good friends.
Cons
Not enough pay, unrealistic expectations, some poor management, expensive Benifits
DO NOT work here if you have other options
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2018
Quick conversations with employees should reveal everything bad about working here: extreme nepotism/favoritism regardless of ability, regular mass layoffs, high voluntary turnover, constant backstabbing, not being able to work from home, lack of resources all around. What's worse is that management knows well about all the problems at this company but does absolutely nothing. When employees work really hard and produce great quality work, it's very common for their managers or the higher ups to get all the credit.

If you're not related to the owners, you have virtually no chance at getting past lower/middle management unless you really kiss up to them. There's one nepotist "leader" in particular that I wonder how anybody over age 30 can take seriously after a quick lookup of his profile.

Base salary is okay but then you realize how bad the benefits are.
Cons
This was not a bad place to work.
Transfer Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Ashley Furniture, but i was not paid for the work i provided. I worked inside the warehouse, unloading and loading trucks. Putting the material in and out of the racks, as well as driving transfer orders to surrounding Ashley furniture stores. They promised me raises among other things and didn't hold their end of the bargain. The managers i had were very nice and hands on managers, i enjoyed working with the crews unloading the trucks as well cleaning and building products. It was just hard for me to play so many roles in the building. I didn't mind picking up the slack because we hadn't filled the positions. Once it became a year with no extra accommodations, i decided to look further for better opportunities. I would love to work with Ashley Furniture again, but only for equal pay.
Pros
great culture
Cons
pay for me
Good commission, hard work
Floater (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WINovember 30, 2018
The pay is good, but it is hard work and highly stressful. Drinking fountains are so far away from certain work spaces and breaks are short that sometimes it's not worth being late back from break because the team depends on you. Lunch time is also very short and there is almost no time to relax which makes a hard day even harder. Working on a team that is responsible and reliable helps the position stay workable. Management isn't the greatest at communication and are at times unprofessional.
Pros
Good pay with commission, good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, lunches, and poor management communication skills
Job Advancement was not there
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 12, 2018
Typical Day was fast paced

Workplace culture was toxic at times.

Managers micromanaged.

Benefits were good and H.R was excellent.

Hours were decent and having weekends off was positive.
Pros
Benefits and H.R.
a good place to work
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 24, 2018
Ashley was a good place for me to work because it allowed me the opportunity to provide for my family. The management team was pretty good and they let you know exactly what you needed to do to be a successful worker for them. the environment is acceptable where my coworkers loved me and I liked them as well. its hard work but you know that because that's what you signed up for. its just not much room in my eyes to advance
Pros
hours, co workers
Cons
dead end job, room for advancement
Not worth it
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 11, 2018
Long hours, increasing work with no compensation. Pay was minimal and not competitive with other warehouses. Staff quit on a regular basis because they could not live on the wage or were treated badly.
Pros
Good Company Meetings once a year
Cons
pay, atmosphere
It was ok until..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 11, 2018
I only worked at this job for a few months. Your pay is based off commission, I would only see at least 3-4 customers a day , you would work from open to close. The co-workers where easily to get along which made it fun. But I had a situation with a prior manager who sexually harassed me, I brought it up to management, they fired him, but I soon found out that they re-hired him at a different location.
Pros
Cons
Work long hours/ Low pay
absolutely insane place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93720July 2, 2018
There is absolutely no corporate culture at all. There aren't training or any type of procedural manuals at all. The employee manual is dated 2010. If you have a question and ask management you will get a different answer from each person you ask. The main focus is sales, sales and sales. Corporate greed to the max.

In our particular store, drinking and copulation (managers included) on the clock were over looked as long as your sales numbers were okay. Smoking and vaping were also overlooked. Everyone was too lazy (managers included) to walk the 200 feet away from the building.

All in all it was a very fun place to work. There were a lot of crazy, fun people there. The company culture that they pretend they have is a facade with little attempt to hide their greed.
Lots of responsibility
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 8, 2018
I managed numerous accounts across the state of Montana. I enjoyed the travel, the hotel rooms, and the eating out. I gave every store audits, and went over every detail with the Managers when i was finished. Great support from upper Management.
Pros
Travel, good pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, not home much
Enter at your own risk.
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 9, 2018
Ashley is a good starting point when trying to accrue experience, but not a viable career choice for the long term. Poor work/life balance, with little empathy from management in the day to day operations. Everyone is expendable.
Pros
Experience available.
Cons
Absentee management
Great health benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIJuly 31, 2018
Very top heavy company with limited room for internal advancement. Management is very disconnected from employees and culture is mostly unhealthy or non existent. Promotions and advancement opportunities are very much based on who you know rather than what you know.
Great co-workers, terrible compensation structure
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 30, 2018
Ashley consistently raises minimum sales targets to prevent associates from hitting bonus tiers.

Lots of downtime...especially during week days.

Only paid when product is DELIVERED, not SOLD. Mixups at the warehouse can lead to customer complaints/cancellations ultimately affecting the amount of money you make.
Ashley Case Goods
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIJuly 26, 2018
Its a very fast paced and competitive job, but if you can keep up and deal with the attitude the pay is decent. paid weekly. benefits after 90 days. wellness center available first day of employment $10 a visit
Pros
wellness center
Cons
hard work, early long hours
Hot loud never good enough
Saw operator (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSAugust 18, 2018
I liked my job itself but I felt as though they had too many different "bosses" you had to answer to. Which causes issues and miscommunication. I worked there almost 3 years and was in training for a float job in my department but I only got 2 raises of very little during the 3 years.
Pros
Good folks of all nationalities to work with and learn about.
Cons
To many bosses at once that caused confusion and havoc.
Horrible Leadership
Operations Manger (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 6, 2018
Old processes and lack of integrity with upper leadership particularly the Regional Director. Horrible people in old way of thinking and doing things. The company has not embraced work life balance and is working people like they are slaves. Typically guys are working 65+ hours per week picking up on furniture that states team lift, however they are required to load trucks by themselves with little to no assistance. The company is set in it's ways, and will stress Dirty Finger Nails however the guys who say they worked the floor could not do the physical labor they're asking of associates for 11 hour shifts. Your crazy if you work for a company expecting you to lift sofa's above your head and place them on top of another sofa by yourself. 6 day a week work weeks with no Holidays off is outrageous. Concern for safety is non-existent. They only care about PPH. Pieces Per Hour. Horrible culture. There is nothing positive to say about this company as Leadership is a revolving door. The company is the very definition of Insanity. They are doing process from the early 80's as noted by the systems they are using (AS400). Horrible Horrible Management! Lack of advancement and blatant profiling with upper leadership. Corporate office is in Arcadia, WI so look for diversity there and attempt to find some. Major Distribution Centers in Texas, California, Mississippi, Carolina, Wisconsin. You won't find any diversity in California at all. None not a one! Ecru Mississippi the working conditions are horrible and! Texas major OSHA violations on a daily basis where guys are required to load  more... trucks with no wheel chocks or dock locks for trailers. Guys are required to load trucks in the dark as there are very little working dock lights. Just plain horrible.  less
Pros
Cons
Management, Horrible HR
Poor work home life balance
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSJuly 10, 2018
They dont give any options for a balance of home and work life at all. No holiday off, no personal time unless vacation days are had by employee. The management doesn't communicate with supervisors.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Short breaks short lunch and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ashley Furniture Industries.

Powered by Comparably