Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Found 1,799 reviews matching the search See all 1,859 reviews
Hot loud never good enough
Saw operator (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSAugust 18, 2018
I liked my job itself but I felt as though they had too many different "bosses" you had to answer to. Which causes issues and miscommunication. I worked there almost 3 years and was in training for a float job in my department but I only got 2 raises of very little during the 3 years.
Pros
Good folks of all nationalities to work with and learn about.
Cons
To many bosses at once that caused confusion and havoc.
Hard place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2018
The people who worked there made it fun. The management was out for there selves. It was a dog eat dog world. It was cover yourself on everything. Not a good place to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
I didn’t like the job at all
Frame Builder (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSAugust 15, 2018
I didn’t like my position there..the hours were long with nonstop work..mandatory over time almost every night..my supervisor was cool but didn’t seem to know as much as he claimed
Pros
The pay
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Es una empresa de buen fruto
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 15, 2018
Es una empresa que te dan muchas oportunidades para descargarte en un futuro
Pros
Seguros médicos
Cons
Solo tiene media hora de breik
Long hours away from family
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILAugust 15, 2018
If you don't mind not having a social life or time with your family then this is the place for you. This is a straight commission job with a draw. if you don't sell, your paying to work there.
Assemble Furniture
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 15, 2018
Go in to work and have a meeting everyday before getting a bay to do and assemble the furniture until you finish the furniture in your bay. Go to the middle pod where the manager is there and he will assign you a new bay an contiue the process until all bays are done... its repetitive but also hard work because of all the lifting and getting on your knees and assembling which you need to get into tight spaces and corners while assembling furniture.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Hard labor
Fun work place
Room Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 13, 2018
Very nice company, with great employees and customers, Ashley Furniture has beautiful and non expensive furniture that’s gonna make your home even better and comfortable!
Pros
Nice traffic of customer
Cons
Work on weekends
Advancement is based on years of service, not knowledge in position
Forecast Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIAugust 13, 2018
Many people in many different high ranking roles of the organization are either family members of the owners or senior management. The other high ranking positions are filled with people who have been with the company for a long period of time. Many aspects of the company could be run in a much more efficient manner, a lot of time is spent on non-value added activities.
Overall good
Assist shipping (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAAugust 13, 2018
It’s a good job to work and get to help customers, and be on a forklift and pick and basically do what the manager ask you to do.. so far it’s a job for me and my family
Lacking In All Categories
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 12, 2018
The idea of Ashley Furniture and the concepts they ingrain in you, seem promising for someone who’s looking for a career. Unfortunately the reality far outweighs the idea/concepts. If you so choose to work for Ashley Furniture in the management capacity, fully expect to work 60+ hour a week, with minimal base salary. The bonus structure is designed to fail and is fairly hard to achieve, based on the unrealistic goals placed before you. Often times, you’re asked to work six days a week and when it’s time to use your hard-earned vacation, it’s the equivalent of getting your teeth pulled to get the time off approved. I wish I didn’t have to write such a scathing review, as the potential for this company is enormous. Until you shake the corporate tree and remove and replace most of the upper management with forward-thinkers, this company will never reach its full potential.
Pros
Good Employee Discount
Cons
No 401k Option, Long Hours, Poor Upper Management
Do not work here
Sales Floor Rep (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 11, 2018
Here is why: The managers favor to mostly two associates which is an Armenian and two face big person. If you ever an have issue with them. Don’t worry the managers will do nothing about it. Even if a customer complains, they say they will bring it to their attention and will do NOTHING about it. It’s like the two employees have something on them and that is why they get away with everything. I recommend you to not apply here. The job is great, but the managers and the two employees need to go if all they do is not care about their employees and customers.
Cons
Favortism
Friendly Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff and meeting the customers. The customers were the highlight of my expenrience. Overall the company is an ideal place to work.
Pros
Accommodating to me schedule
Cons
Weekends mandatory
Hard work and fast paced.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIAugust 10, 2018
It is fast paced. Once you learn to use a scanner, every move you make is instructed on the scanner for the shipping department. Room for advancement if you prove yourself.
Pros
fast paced. work alone.Room for advancement.
Cons
Extremely hard work.
Productive but really tired job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2018
Is not a good place for stay a long time, the reason why is because there is a lot of thing that makes you worry about and also makes you work extra sometimes
Pros
Non
Cons
Short brakes
Enter at your own risk.
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 9, 2018
Ashley is a good starting point when trying to accrue experience, but not a viable career choice for the long term. Poor work/life balance, with little empathy from management in the day to day operations. Everyone is expendable.
Pros
Experience available.
Cons
Absentee management
Had to be a very productive week in order to receive a free meal from me.
Office/Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 9, 2018
Phone calls daily all day, customer issues, having to resolve them and make the customers happy gave me pleasure. I had a lot of daily paper work-sales and finical papers. Training on a daily basis b/c something would come down quickly from Corp and you had to act on it immediately. Kept the office and storage room very neat and organized on a daily basis. I learn how to be even more patience due the high volume of customer complaints everyday of the week.
Pros
free meal, end shift early, longer meal time
Cons
too many issues, not enough control on the store level, everything had to be rerouted back to corp customer service
Lots of responsibility
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 8, 2018
I managed numerous accounts across the state of Montana. I enjoyed the travel, the hotel rooms, and the eating out. I gave every store audits, and went over every detail with the Managers when i was finished. Great support from upper Management.
Pros
Travel, good pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, not home much
It was a good place for people students for summer job
Ashely furniture parts fabricator (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIAugust 8, 2018
I worked there in the summers while I was in school. I worked with me not only when I was working two jobs but if I needed unpaid time off as well. Hard work but can make good money if you work hard
Excellent Employee Benefits
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIAugust 8, 2018
Company provides 5 mins of "stretch and flex" to prepare you for your work day, this paid. Many job openings to choose from. Tuition reimbursement for courses that may lead to advancement at Ashley Furniture Industries.
Pros
Great Pay/Benefits
Very active fast paced job environment
Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Advance, NCAugust 7, 2018
You’re given a certain amount of pieces to build in a day. The faster your line can get the schedule done the more money you can make. You began to learn many strategies to make your job a lot faster and easier. Managers are constantly walking around making sure everything is running the way it should and that everyone has what they need. There are styles that can be very difficult to build but it gets done. The best thing about working there is when you finish your production early and get to leave early knowing you made more in 6 hours than 10 hours.
Pros
Free food, discount on furniture and many benefits
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight