Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Found 1,859 reviews matching the search See all 1,923 reviews
Very busy workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at Ashley Furniture We come in look at the doc,the work load and see where to get started I learned to invision where you want to start working and also make room for my new furniture off the truck. Hardest part is the unload but on the other end the most enjoyable part of the job was putting away.
Fast paced work environment
CSR - (delivery & pick up) (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 22, 2018
Once you learn their system the work itself isn't hard but depending on what department you are in you will bare the brunt of all the attitudes that come from the stores, delivery drivers & customers. You must be detailed oriented because if you aren't a small mistake will turn into a coaching &/or write up.
Pros
hour lunches, it is pretty laid back for the most part
Cons
must meet quotas & attitudes internally as well as externally
Great location
Vice President CRM & CX Strategy (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2018
Great people great location- Demanding work and demanding hours
Average workday exceeded 12 hours for executives, often working weekends as well. Good training, generous and good people.
Easy work but pay is terrible
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAOctober 19, 2018
Ashley says you get $11.50 plus commission, but that is incorrect. As a sales rep you only get paid commission on your sales once you sell $10,000 worth of furniture. Every dollar after $10,000 you get paid commission on and then its only 4% and then is tiered from there. You also only get paid off of delivered sales and somehow every week you will have a problem with some of your sales not getting delivered. Not a fair compensation plan at all.
Pros
Benefits medical, eye, dental thats it.
Cons
Poor pay plan.
Competitive and Fast paced
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNOctober 18, 2018
Working for Ashley Furniture Industries in the sales department you must be self sufficient due to the lack of training. The environment is very competitive and not recommended for those who haven't worked in sales before.
summary
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 15, 2018
its been a while since I worked for Ashley. When I was working there I love my job I just needed a higher paying job. everyone around was awesome.....
its was a good job to have
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSOctober 15, 2018
they payed good and gave you plenty of hours and everyone was friendly everything was set up in a organize order had flexible work hours plenty of different job selection
managent needs help
Driver ashley abs (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIOctober 13, 2018
need more training, more job info an training in computer work to do job, people you worked with was ok, some had bad attitude to wards there job, some workers were helpful in job
Pros
Cons
managent
Excellent Company
Furniture Sales Consultant - Sleep Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 12, 2018
This was my First job in America and i'm so greatfull with this place. Excellent owner that take care of Their employees, Best sales team ever!!!! they are literally a Family. The pay is really good if you follow the processes and do what you have to do. I highly recommend this company for someone that is impassioned about sales, design homes, meeting and helping people every single day
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSOctober 12, 2018
Very productive and Honest straight forward and willing.... Hard work and dedication determination and discipline... Ready to work when I'm there and thankful when I leave
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Short break
Hard work but good money.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIOctober 12, 2018
Very good pay and benefits for an entry-level job. Advancement within the company is very achievable. There is a job for almost anyone at this company.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Hard labor.
Ecelente
Framer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PAOctober 11, 2018
Trabajo de un ritmo rapido y precion. Pero valio la pena porque aprendi muchisimo.
Not worth it
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 11, 2018
Long hours, increasing work with no compensation. Pay was minimal and not competitive with other warehouses. Staff quit on a regular basis because they could not live on the wage or were treated badly.
Pros
Good Company Meetings once a year
Cons
pay, atmosphere
fast pace, stressful
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIOctober 10, 2018
The management is poor, there is alot of favoritism and no place for advancement for hard working people, they will only promote their friends. When you get sick and have to go to the hospital your supervisor will not accept your excuse doctors note and will write you up. The vacation time has been reduced to nearly anything especially for employees whose been there for a long time like 10+ yrs. When you have a complaint and brings it to the supervisors attentions 90% of the time it will be ignored, and the tools they use to build furnitures are not the best thats why people get hurt all the time to carpeltunnel. I would not recommend anyone to work there ever, it is a place I would call modern slavery.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
poor management, no place for advancement, terribly high turn over rate
Ashley furniture
Builder Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NY 14020October 10, 2018
Very great to work for. Very fast pace and work intensive but if you’re in good physical health you will do just fine. Management is friendly and is there to help when you need it
Pros
Pay, management, work environment
Cons
Short breaks, very fast paced
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 7, 2018
Good company. Good managers. Very busy stores, with a great products, and services. The best part of the job is when you achieve your weekly goals for you and the store.
productive atmosphere
Optimizer (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSOctober 6, 2018
I learned a lot working at Ashley furniture, pertaining to the dignified business. The company provided nice benefits and a decent and safe work environment.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
covered in sawdust
Great job for a slave
Homestore Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIOctober 4, 2018
Worked in the corporate office for a whole year and I feel like it is the worst job in the world. They want you to take calls back to back to back factory style. Constantly barking orders at you. Even when you have the goals it's never enough for them. You gotta do more and you gotta do it faster. BUT don't expect to get a raise or make more than the people who don't do anything. I've never felt more degraded than I did while working at Ashley. They don't treat you like a human. You're a worker to them. Bottom line. Just another number. The furniture is absolute garbage.I mean think about it .. thousands of calls a day from angry customers with broken furniture they just bought. They're also down 40 people because everyone quits. Turn over rate is insane. They lie about raises. You're expected to do other people's job if they don't. My supervisor forgot to put my hours in multiple times so I didn't get paid. Our main bosses ...super high up just quit on us recently when things were going down the drain . 200 calls holding and the sups yell at everyone to take more calls. Can only do so much so fast. No respect for the workers whatsoever. No one I worked with actually liked it. They changed everyone's schedules without consulting us so that THEY could have more phone coverage. We had to stay until 9 o clock at night at a call center!! Totally messed up my childcare and just my life in general. But we had no say. They told us to suck it up basically. So much negativity and just not a place you wanna wake up and go to everyday. Take this job and you will be making a huge mistake.  more... Just being honest.  less
Pros
I didn't murder anyone 🤷 and got a much better job where I'm treated with some respect
Cons
The list is too long.
Associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend OregonOctober 1, 2018
What I learned there was how your managers will micro manage over you through everyone else that is there. It got to a point where you did not ask questions in fear of the response being negative (laced with profanity) to where you felt like a total idiot or two inches tall. Where training was concerned, it was quick and you definitely did not ask questions. You had to get it the first time and if you didn't, well you were out of luck..
Productive and fun
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 1, 2018
Ashley furniture was a gr. eat place to work. The job was easy and also management was very helpful. great work environment and I had learned a lot from the veterans and they were being helpful. Supervisors and Leads were fantastic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight