Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Found 2,058 reviews matching the search See all 2,125 reviews
sucked
Framer (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIMarch 18, 2019
this was not a great place to work. You bust your butt to make an okay wage and it destroys your body. Management treats everyone like a slave and just expects high performance out of good workers while allowing lazy ones to slack.
Worst job ever
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSMarch 17, 2019
I was going in thinking Ashley’s was a good place to work but i found out it wasn’t my supervisor was horrible the people in the front office had attitudes and Fridays when you have to pick up your check they take their time
Pros
Great money
Cons
Horrible management
Great company to work for!
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 17, 2019
Ashley furniture is a great company to work for. I have worked for the company for over 15 years, in various positions, and they have always been fair to me.
Poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 15, 2019
If you are ready for long days/evenings then this is the place. They will ignore DOT regulations just to keep you working for as long and as hard as you can. Has a high turnover rate due to DSG not having much care for their employees. Which is hilarious coming from a Christian company Pay is commission based,unless hourly succeeds commission amount. Pay isn't bad you can definitely keep good finances depending on the loads you deliver.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, employer doesn't care about employees
Great opportunities, good hours, and good pay.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIMarch 14, 2019
Its a really busy and tiring job, but it offers good benefits and career advancing opportunities, the pay is fair, and overtime hours were great.
Theres alot of competition between workers, its bad but good at the same time, there was alot of tense at times, rarely had a slow day.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, career advancing opportunities
Cons
Stressful, mandatory overtime, very tiring, and climate disadvantages
Would not recommend
Guest Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMarch 14, 2019
Would not recommend working here for DSG. These set of franchises say they are family oriented when they are not. Customer service title at the store is a joke. When there is an issue they are told to call the corporate store in Memphis where the representatives are rude and not knowledgeable. They do not care if guest comes to the store yelling and cussing the workers out because they never have to see them and can hang up at any time. Management is also a joke here. Would not recommend to work or even shop here.
Pros
Discounts on furniture
Cons
Management, hours, lack of help from corporate
Just a job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2019
Lots of manual labor. Management just wants to get the job done. Not a friendly environment to work at. I would not work here again unless they got new management.
Excellent Environment
IT Global Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIMarch 12, 2019
Ashley paid exceptionally well. Very professional. Always learning something new. Raises and promotions were continuous.
Opportunity lateral and up- aok
Pros
Always answered their phone for questions
Cons
n/a
Overall was a decent job
customer Service and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 11, 2019
I never hated the place by any means, but there came a point where there was no flexibility for me as someone who needed to tend to my elderly family and also pursue my education was viable with the job I kept there. There was a real inflexibility for hours. However, despite how stressful customers could be- it employees and colleagues looked out for eachother. It was a big family.
Pros
decent benifits. Good colleagues.
Cons
really cranky customers, inflexible hours.
they didnt worry about the employee
Upholstery (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, WIMarch 11, 2019
they wanted to run as fast as possible till the employee couldnt handle the job and they would quite or get fired due to lack of production status and they would not ease up on the employee till they could do things in an very fast pace
Driver, Furniture Assembly (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMarch 10, 2019
Best place to work, long hours. Paid training, friendly environment, fast paced, great discounts, wonderful logistics manager and the whole experience was top rate. I really enjoyed my time with the company.
It’s great If you like working with bullies
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Advance, NCMarch 9, 2019
They preach about thorough training during orientation but once they put you on the job you gotta figure it all out yourself. All the while your fellow employees making fun of you and calling you names. I left after one day. I won’t tolerate bullying and harassment in the workplace and neither should Ashley furniture
Pros
Driving away from the warehouse
Cons
Bullying and no mutual respect
Productive place
Delivery worker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMarch 8, 2019
It really didn’t like working for them they giving appreciation for the hard work some companies do that but not this one. It’s just the management was not right at all. They need to get it together
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Healthcare provide, dental, and vision
It’s very fast paced company
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSMarch 7, 2019
At Ashley furniture you have to be ready to work fast. It’s a production plant. That’s means you can’t have one person lacking on your line, if so your money would decrease for that night or hour.
Pros
If your recommend someone to work you can get a bonus for bringing a new hire
Cons
Your break time is not long enough for all the hard work you doing
Awful place delivery is terrible too many charge backs
Product specialists (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 7, 2019
We got a lousy 12 bucks an hour and didn't get any commission till you hit 20k and then it was .5 percent which was 100 dollars can u believe that not even a liveable wage they do not care about you at all
Pros
Cons
Delivery, pay
Planter worker Forklift Driver
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 6, 2019
assignment ended would like to have stayed there it was a great place to work liked the hours and time to start and stop to work
no parts of the job was to hard to learn I just was hoping that this would have been a full time position
They don't care about employee only money
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIMarch 6, 2019
In the last 11 years they have taken away many benefits and can't keep employees so everyone else gets worked to the bone. Mandatory weekends constantly. Problems brought to higher ups never dealt with, people do and say what they want and no reprecussion. They pay people different wages that do the same job and some of those people don't even have to do as much work but get paid more. Though I am thankful for having a job I can't wait to get out of this place. We can never do enough!!!
Pros
Company picnic
Cons
Short lunch break, unfair pay, and favoritism
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 5, 2019
The management was excellent and so were the coworkers. It wasn't enough hours for me to stay their, but I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the place.
Pros
grreat work enviroment
Cons
no money
high turn over
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 5, 2019
This company seemed to have a high turnover, and they would lay off good sales people and managers. I also was turned off top brass told us what political party to vote for. NOT COOL. That's NEVER cool...sorry.
Horrible place to work, terrible management
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PAMarch 5, 2019
I worked at Ashley for 10 years just to be told one day at the end of my shift that I was being replaced by someone that had no experience in my department. I had no prior issues with my attendance or job performance. The reason I was replaced was because I was not on the "popular" list with management because I never sucked up to them. Call me old school but, I was always taught to let your work ethic speak for itself. Well the truth is, at Ashley Furniture it doesn't matter if you are a hard worker that is always there regardless of sickness, or bad weather, or perform your job duties to your fullest potential, if you aren't sucking up to management you will NEVER be recognized for anything and eventually you will be let go just so someone else with a horrible work ethic can replace you. Ashley Furniture preaches in their pitch during training how much of a "family oriented" company they are and how much they value their employees. That's the biggest deception of all. The fact is they don't care 1 bit if you are a good or bad employee, all they care about is beating you down with massive amounts of OT, and treating you as if you are below management as a human being. I'd never work for them again. I'd rather be scraping by living paycheck to paycheck at a company that actually cares about or at least acknowledges my hard work and dedication than be degraded on a daily basis & always wondering if today will be the day I loose my job because I'm not one of the managements "in crowd". If I could give 0 stars on Ashley Furniture I would.
Pros
Cons
Management...actually everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight