Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Never again
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 20, 2018
I have been with them for over 2 years and I just quit Ashley furniture due to no hours under 37 to stay full time just to keep your benefits. No room for advancement no pay raises... Otherwise drivers and deliverly teams are getting paid 3.50 more an hour at another store. Favoritism runs rampant in the store I was in.
Pros
Half hour lunch 2 breaks during the day if you had enough work to last that long
Cons
Hated the rest
Upholstery Assembly (Former Employee) –  Ripley, MSJuly 19, 2018
They don't care about their hard workers. Management will make sure you don't make money. And if you aren't in the buddy system you won't go far. Pass
Cons
Save yourself the axniety and depression that comes with this place!
Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 19, 2018
When i started my career at Ashley furniture (4 years ago) it was an amazing company with strong leadership, this is no longer so, management can truly make or break a store, the worst store is Sarasota, fl, I was over worked ,under paid, lied to repeatedly, human resources is an absolute joke! This store's office needs to be investigated by the Better Business Bureau, i cried out for support many times and only got retaliation when i held leaders accountable for their actions, at one point i was the only CSR in the office doing the job of an absent "manager", this was not the way i wanted my 4 year run with Ashley to end but my dignity & respect will not be compromised, I hope for the sake of the many talented sales people that a change of mangement occurs, one final thing, I almost hired a lawyer to get paid, i had nearly 4 weeks of pay discrepancies, the clock in system is FLAWED by design, there's only One person in payroll for the ENTIRE FL office (so we are told) and they (managers) balme it on this individual and become less than helpful to get you your money, so DON'T DO IT!
Pros
Quitting
Cons
The absolute worst store manager, walmart pays more, condescending attitudes from HR, multiple pay discrepencies, Ect
Ambiente abierto bueno
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PAJuly 19, 2018
Un poco desanimada por la razón de que no escuchan mucho la opinión de los trabajadores un poco explotador sin ayuda
Pros
Seguro médico y desntista
Cons
No ahí mucha comunicación y entendimiento entre empleado y jefes
fast paced, friendly environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PAJuly 17, 2018
it was fast paced; management was nice, understanding, worked with you; more Spanish speaking people so at times communication was difficult;coworkers were friendly
fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 17, 2018
very fast paced fun the manager is very nice had parties on days off the manager got along good an loved everybody that worked for her she would let you come early am leave late
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Ashley Furniture
Lean Six Sigma Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSJuly 17, 2018
Its a good place to work. Lots of benefits and educational opportunities to learn. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are agitated and want to get into your face. Most enjoyable part of my job is I get to meet a diverse group of people
Typical Factory
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIJuly 16, 2018
Machine operator
Paid by what you produce
Worked by myself most days which was beneficial for my pay.
Stressful when different areas take your high paying work
Could set up most my days after gaining experience.
Hot
Its like a competition between superintendents so you're constantly coming in on Saturdays even if its only for 4 hours which ruins your weekend.
Pros
Decent pay, 401k match
Cons
factory, hot, good paying work taken from you, working overtime
na
Supervisor, Customer Service, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 15, 2018
if you need a job they will help you... they need better management and better training for a new representative... They also need ongoing training for seasoned reps
Pros
na
Cons
na
Run
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2018
This company is very difficult to work with. The warehouse had many issues. The leadership now has changed. They got rid of Disa and others. They culture was what ever management wanted. Not about what is right. No flexibility. No social agenda, No employee morale activities.
Pros
leaving
Cons
everything
It was ok until..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 11, 2018
I only worked at this job for a few months. Your pay is based off commission, I would only see at least 3-4 customers a day , you would work from open to close. The co-workers where easily to get along which made it fun. But I had a situation with a prior manager who sexually harassed me, I brought it up to management, they fired him, but I soon found out that they re-hired him at a different location.
Pros
Cons
Work long hours/ Low pay
A good place to in hance crreer
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 11, 2018
Love working while there facing different people different ideas and cultures. Ashley made me a better person than what I was professionally. I have five years of management experience. Bought my first home when I started working With Ashley.
Pros
Free break fast
Cons
health insurance
Decent place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 10, 2018
At the end of my tenure with Ashely Furniture they had made changes in management to which as drivers and crew members we would spend much more time at job sites. I decided to look for a better opportunity elsewhere
Poor work home life balance
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSJuly 10, 2018
They dont give any options for a balance of home and work life at all. No holiday off, no personal time unless vacation days are had by employee. The management doesn't communicate with supervisors.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Short breaks short lunch and poor management
Fun place to work, low-stress
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, it's team based and not cut-throat. John is an awesome manager. Exceptional training program which I felt was valuable.
Pros
Fun people, relaxed environment
Cons
standing and walking for 8 hours
Productive fun and challenging
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, WIJuly 8, 2018
It’s a great place, and if you’re confident in your ability to get your rig in and out of tight delivery locations I highly recommend working for them.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Occasionally you have to tolerate customers that aren’t very nice, but most of the time their happy to see you.
Great work environment. Very competitive if you are willing to work hard.
Assembly trainer (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, WIJuly 7, 2018
Ashley Furniture Industries has a lot of advancement opportunities if you are willing to work hard and be to work every day. It takes dedication and team communication to be successful.
Working environment
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, WIJuly 7, 2018
Was very stressful at times, so many people that did not speak English, very long ways for me to drive to work each day. Supervisors seems lax when it came to non English speaking employees.
good Job
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  70 timberline Dr. Bozeman MTJuly 6, 2018
Working for the warehouse is a pretty easy job. We have a good crew and good attitudes, are bosses are wonderful and always look out for costumers. It could definitely use better pay for our area, Bozeman is a fast growing town and prices of everything is going up. Competitors in town are offering more money for similar work. Could be troublesome to keep workers in the future.
new owners
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 5, 2018
new owners took over no work life balance. employees were fun. customers were great. but for the extra hours worked for no reason didn't make sense. The hardest part of the job was telling customers how long they had to wait for their items.
Pros
customers
Cons
working open to close

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight