Ashley Stewart Employee Reviews

unprofessional management in ashley stewart
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  220 W 125 st new york, ny 10027December 5, 2018
management at this company was very unprofessional, the managers talked to you with a lot of disrespect, and acted as if they were better than anybody
good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 25, 2018
my work day at Ashley Stewart was very busy. From time I got there till it was time to go... i learned how to smile listen and respect people. Management team always helped each other out. I love working with my Ashley Stewart team
Fast Paced! Great Atmosphere!
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlow Heights, MDNovember 24, 2018
I worked at Ashley Stewart part-time. I really enjoyed working there. However, the compensation was not enough for the cost of living. I gained management experience working there at night because that was a time where we calculated the sales goals and the cash drawers for bank deposits. We kept a log for inventory and orders placed.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Not enough for cost of living
Fun and informative workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 19, 2018
Opening, count the drawer and assist manager with the bank deposit. Carry out the morning duties than process shipping and reach sales goals by the end of the shift. I learned how to up sale and how to coordinate a Casting Call.The hardest part was picking up more hours. I enjoyed assisting in the Casting Call and assisting customers with their style selections. .
Pros
Learning new retail techniques
Cons
hours and pay
Productive work place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 2, 2018
I was in school at the time when I was working at Ashley Stewart, so it was ok at the moment. I think what I liked most is that it was hands on and I was able to help people find or put their outfits together.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough pay
Great place to work good discounts.
PT Manager (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Ashley Stewart is a great place to work they welcome feed back from their employee's with room to grow. Their clothes are good quality merchandise with must have such as cardigans jewelry, pocket books, shoes, intimates and a good pair of jeans. They do a lot of community work embracing the communities culture. They are consistent in training their managers & employees on the business/goals of the company. The hard part of the job I would say is when you aren't able to satisfy each and every customer.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun place to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHSeptember 18, 2018
My experience at Ashley Stewart was very good. It was a fun, and pleasant learning environment full of joyful staff members. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2018
Ashley Stewart was a very laid back slow paced job that was very easy but, it paid very little and barley gave you hours. It was very competitive in trying to get people to sign up for credit cards.
Very productive to expand your skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I learned alot and it helped expand my career. If i could work for the company again i would. I would love to expand my management skills that i learned from working at Ashley Stewart
Pros
Free travel
overall a decent experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 29, 2018
Although this company gave me managerial experience it happened to be short lived. In the particular area I worked there wasn't much of a demand for the clothing being sold.There also weren't many employees at my location. Which led to the store being closed. This led to being unemployed for a period of time and having to figure what my next move would be.The company is still thriving in different locations around the country and has a great web base.
Pros
able to pick up skills that a sales associate may not have the opportunity to learn
Cons
fewer employees meant others had to pick up slack in certain areas
ashley stewart
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 24, 2018
i totally loved working at Ashley stewart . if the stores in connecticut didnt shut down i would still be there as a full time manager today. the management was fair including the coorperate and district management. we recieved great discounts and better discounts on the holidays such as black friday and christmas. if ashley stewart opened up in Connecticut again id be the first to apply
Pros
great discounts
Cons
short breaks
its ok to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAAugust 21, 2018
A typical day on the job was dealing with customers and merchandise. I did not get the training I needed because not many were willing to train. Hard part
Pros
if you are well liked, you got hours
Cons
if you are disliked, due to no fault of your own, you dont get hours
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 5, 2018
A typical day at work helping happy customers . And also being very stylist in achieving them to feel and look fabulous. Ive learned that it is a great place to work and test your knowledge on fashion . The staff members are very helpful and engaged to help every customer with the best experience.What makes the company unique nice clothes for plus size women. The hardest part of the job was late hours during holiday season. The most enjoyable part was the discounts.
Pros
discounts
Cons
late hours.
Wonderful working environment.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Cool and laid back atmosphere. Room for advancement in any position. Wonderful staff. An ideal retail position. Staff works together as a team.
Pros
Discount on merchandise.
Cons
No Benefits.
Maybe other ashley stewarts
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2018
The company was absolutely amazing although the team was very unprofessional... Immature etc. I would encourage anyone who was to apply to get your hands on a hand book and read it thoroughly
Pros
Hours were reasonable
Cons
If the management isnt personally fond of u count yourself out of there.
nah
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 24, 2018
it is a horrible place to work. dont work here. management sucks, they dont give hours, work you on days that you ask for off without telling you and it just sucks.
Easy, steady paced work environment with great atmosphere
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2018
Great work place, friendly community, but part time only. I wanted more hours and pay increase, but no raises. Also not able to move up in the company.
Alot of work for little pay
Part-time Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 13, 2018
I felt like my life had to be dedicated to making sales. Granted, it is retail, however, I was not getting compensated for the work that I was doing. Management was great, considering we only had 3 (did not have an official store manager.) The Assistant Store manager worked her but off but was never promoted.
Pros
Helping woman feel beautiful and stylish
Cons
all work for very little pay
Ashley Stewart A Pleasant Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 24, 2018
A typical day at Ashley Stewart is to count down the drawer, make deposits at the bank, open store, assists customers, merchandising, open credits, and keep store clean. I learn how to merchandise, push sales, open and close store, and open new accounts. The management team at Ashley Stewart was good. They were informative about how we could work together as a team; they also were also open to suggestions from employees on how we could improve sales and open accounts. The hardest part of my job was the pay and low hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and the amazing team of workers.
Trend setting
Acting assistant manager- helping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2018
Good start to a retail field. Overall professional. Coworkers become like an extended part of your family. Team effort and assistance is always given. A great way to network with customers for outside opportunities regardless for work or personal.