Ashley Stewart Employee Reviews

The Upper management thinks they know it all
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2019
Working at Ashley was ok at first until the HR employee and the new Dm tried to micro manage me.They did not know what they doing and how to handle behavior and attendance problems.They were taking things personal instead of being professional and letting the store manager do her job
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Very Disrespectful Upper Management
Assistant Managing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 5, 2019
I enjoyed meeting new people on a daily basis. It gave me a different outlook about sales and leadership. Everyone pitched in at all times and that helped us to maintain teamwork.
It was nice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHFebruary 26, 2019
I worked for this company in my late teens and early 20’s! I learned a lot working here and also advanced and became a part time assistant manager!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No real hours
ashley stewart
sales assoc./cashier, (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 11, 2019
a typical day at ashley stewart consisted of doing shipment for the day, checking out customers, and maintaining cleanliness of the fitting rooms. management was good and the environment is like a family. i do think the pay could be better, but its better than having nothing.
Ashley stewart
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2019
Ashley stewart has been a long time working company for me never received recognition for my 18 years of service now im homeless while people get money off my ideas.
Awesome People And Customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Very Thoughtful And Understanding And Nice Environment To Work In. Other Associates Helped And Worked With Me Until I Understood What To Do All Around The Store.
Lack of structure in management
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2018
There is no room for any advancement as a sales associate, assistant manager, or store manager. Unless someone gets fired or quits, you will stay in the same spot forever at that job. No training programs and minimum to none benefits.
unprofessional management in ashley stewart
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  220 W 125 st new york, ny 10027December 5, 2018
management at this company was very unprofessional, the managers talked to you with a lot of disrespect, and acted as if they were better than anybody
Good place to work, needs better pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2018
Overall Ashley Stewart is a great place to work if you're passionate about customer service and helping others. For the most part, upper-level management listens to the concerns and needs of their associates and managers.
good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 25, 2018
my work day at Ashley Stewart was very busy. From time I got there till it was time to go... i learned how to smile listen and respect people. Management team always helped each other out. I love working with my Ashley Stewart team
Fast Paced! Great Atmosphere!
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlow Heights, MDNovember 24, 2018
I worked at Ashley Stewart part-time. I really enjoyed working there. However, the compensation was not enough for the cost of living. I gained management experience working there at night because that was a time where we calculated the sales goals and the cash drawers for bank deposits. We kept a log for inventory and orders placed.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
Not enough for cost of living
Fun and informative workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 19, 2018
Opening, count the drawer and assist manager with the bank deposit. Carry out the morning duties than process shipping and reach sales goals by the end of the shift. I learned how to up sale and how to coordinate a Casting Call.The hardest part was picking up more hours. I enjoyed assisting in the Casting Call and assisting customers with their style selections. .
Pros
Learning new retail techniques
Cons
hours and pay
Productive work place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 2, 2018
I was in school at the time when I was working at Ashley Stewart, so it was ok at the moment. I think what I liked most is that it was hands on and I was able to help people find or put their outfits together.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough pay
Great place to work good discounts.
PT Manager (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Ashley Stewart is a great place to work they welcome feed back from their employee's with room to grow. Their clothes are good quality merchandise with must have such as cardigans jewelry, pocket books, shoes, intimates and a good pair of jeans. They do a lot of community work embracing the communities culture. They are consistent in training their managers & employees on the business/goals of the company. The hard part of the job I would say is when you aren't able to satisfy each and every customer.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun place to learn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHSeptember 18, 2018
My experience at Ashley Stewart was very good. It was a fun, and pleasant learning environment full of joyful staff members. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2018
Ashley Stewart was a very laid back slow paced job that was very easy but, it paid very little and barley gave you hours. It was very competitive in trying to get people to sign up for credit cards.
Very productive to expand your skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I learned alot and it helped expand my career. If i could work for the company again i would. I would love to expand my management skills that i learned from working at Ashley Stewart
Pros
Free travel
overall a decent experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 29, 2018
Although this company gave me managerial experience it happened to be short lived. In the particular area I worked there wasn't much of a demand for the clothing being sold.There also weren't many employees at my location. Which led to the store being closed. This led to being unemployed for a period of time and having to figure what my next move would be.The company is still thriving in different locations around the country and has a great web base.
Pros
able to pick up skills that a sales associate may not have the opportunity to learn
Cons
fewer employees meant others had to pick up slack in certain areas
ashley stewart
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 24, 2018
i totally loved working at Ashley stewart . if the stores in connecticut didnt shut down i would still be there as a full time manager today. the management was fair including the coorperate and district management. we recieved great discounts and better discounts on the holidays such as black friday and christmas. if ashley stewart opened up in Connecticut again id be the first to apply
Pros
great discounts
Cons
short breaks
its ok to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAAugust 21, 2018
A typical day on the job was dealing with customers and merchandise. I did not get the training I needed because not many were willing to train. Hard part
Pros
if you are well liked, you got hours
Cons
if you are disliked, due to no fault of your own, you dont get hours