Ashton Woods Homes Employee Reviews

Ashton Woods is a great company to work with
Design Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2018
The Design Consultant position combined sales, design, and project management into one role. We worked closely with the purchasing department and the construction team to ensure that the customer had a positive experience through the home building process.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not Flexible
Amazing enviornment
Electrical Engineer/ Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
Overall a great place to have a career, co workers are good to be around, they are very knowledgeable.Travel is not as much when your on a site you are usually there until completion.
Lack of integrity
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Lack of trust amongst employees culture is old and set with reluctance to change. I enjoy my work but the people are hard to work with. Turnover is pretty high lately.
Pros
Nice floors in lobby
Cons
Untrustworthy Management
Wonderful Management team
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 11, 2018
Ashton Woods has flexible work schedule and employees feel empowered. Recognition is given monthly and quarterly. Company sponsored activities for employees.
wonderful company
VP SALES & MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. They built a product that was high in quality and made sure that the customer was extremely happy before they closed on their new home.
Decent Place to Work
SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2018
Ashton Woods is a decent place to work. there are some good people working there. However, it is a very political environment. if you look at someone funny or rub one of the higher ups the wrong way, they'll get rid of you and replace you with one of their buddies. good place to work for anywhere from 3 - 5 years. Not a place I would recommend staying long term.
Worst Homebuilder I have ever worked at
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
More problems than you could or would know where to start. Employee Turnover rate is very high. They will run you into the ground and then get someone else.
Pros
It's a J.O.B., Unhappy, Poor Management, Run a Business like the MOB
Cons
Unlimited
Productive and fun place to work
New Home Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 24, 2018
Ashton Woods has a great California type housing product. Beautiful floor plans. Good management and training sessions. I left when my manager left.
Pros
Constant flow of prospects
Cons
Not a good place to work at all
Internet Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2018
The manager is someone who was over promoted. She would try to keep clients monies when she couldn't and would allow some sales people to just not show up for work. She throws odd temper tantrums in the sales meetings and scared us at times that she was going to do something crazy. She is just not management material and ruined the team as a whole. Lots of complaints on the construction by our clients. Management is not employee friendly, client friendly, or friendly at all. Before Olive Oil got there it was such a great environment. I'm surprised she's still there. It's not a good workplace environment at all!
Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Fun place to work and learn. Great people
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Ashton Woods Homes. I learned a lot about the home building process and the different departments. The people were great to work with and the environment was always very upbeat.
Productive Environment Typical Good Place to Work Overall
CONFIDENTIAL (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work overall. Entrepreneurial environment with parameters. Great people overall. Realistic work hours. Average Pay and Benefits. Would recommend as Employer.
Productive place to work with a Family atmosphere.
Architectural Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 27, 2018
I really like the team at Ashton Woods Charleston, they are like a family. I have learned much about the housing industry in my 4 years here and continue to learn daily.

Management is strict, but fair. They don't allow for poor work ethics or stupidity, but are fair and compensate well when a job well done has been achieved.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Sometimes they don't listen to new ideas.
not a fair and equal work place
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 1, 2018
It was a good place to work until I wanted to advance in my career with them. It wasn't the best place for the minority group. The CEO was not aware what was going on in the company. the manager was unprofessional.
Great place to work at the time
Assistant Builder (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 20, 2017
First time working with a homebuilder but no regrets. They were a great company to work for. The economy changed and they let almost everyone go at that time.
Great workplace
Land Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 14, 2017
Each team was wonders to work with. I was a part of the division office for the state but there were also sales teams, construction teams, in office teams and out of office teams . as much or little we have interacted we all achieved the end goal
Bad management
Sales Associate/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
The competitive coworkers, demeaning managers, and mediocre product made working there very stressful and unreliable. I worked hard each day for a company that did not care about me.
Pros
Week days off
Cons
Work Weekends, long hours
Learned a lot
Mortgage Contract and Closing Coordinator - Temp (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2017
It is just luck that I loved learning new things and procedure. I love to work. There was lots of new things to learn and work can be heavy at times. I love to see that even if I work hard everyone else is working hard as well and happy doing so.
The hardest to take is the very condescending attitude my direct supervisor does. But I have a very patient attitude myself and love her direct boss who showed a lot of patience and willingness to impart knowledge.
Productive workplace with professional growth potential
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The project management position required a lot of organization and multitasking. One would have to oversee several new construction projects which included; scheduling, recruiting new contractors, meeting deadlines, passing private third party and city inspections, quality control, and much more. This position also had a warranty, customer service side which required the project manager to inspect any issues the customer may have had with their home/appliances if still under warranty and schedule the appropriate vendor or service representative to repair and defects found. The project manager reported directly to area managers and division president about closing dates and deadlines. Communication with the companies sales representative and purchaser happened on a weekly basis, and often times more if there were questions or concerns that needed to be addressed.
Ashton Woods Homes builds quality homes
Estimator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to be employed by, from management to sales everyone involved works hand in hand to ensure the end result is up to par with the home buyers expectation.
Growing
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 12, 2016
I have held multiple positions and every position has been something new and it was very beneficial to my future. They have a great work life balance as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashton Woods Homes. Our community is ready to answer.