Ashton Woods Homes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful Management team
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 11, 2018
Ashton Woods has flexible work schedule and employees feel empowered. Recognition is given monthly and quarterly. Company sponsored activities for employees.
wonderful company
VP SALES & MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. They built a product that was high in quality and made sure that the customer was extremely happy before they closed on their new home.
Worst Homebuilder I have ever worked at
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
More problems than you could or would know where to start. Employee Turnover rate is very high. They will run you into the ground and then get someone else.
Pros
It's a J.O.B., Unhappy, Poor Management, Run a Business like the MOB
Cons
Unlimited
Productive and fun place to work
New Home Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 24, 2018
Ashton Woods has a great California type housing product. Beautiful floor plans. Good management and training sessions. I left when my manager left.
Pros
Constant flow of prospects
Cons
Not a good place to work at all
Internet Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2018
The manager is someone who was over promoted. She would try to keep clients monies when she couldn't and would allow some sales people to just not show up for work. She throws odd temper tantrums in the sales meetings and scared us at times that she was going to do something crazy. She is just not management material and ruined the team as a whole. Lots of complaints on the construction by our clients. Management is not employee friendly, client friendly, or friendly at all. Before Olive Oil got there it was such a great environment. I'm surprised she's still there. It's not a good workplace environment at all!
Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Productive Environment Typical Good Place to Work Overall
CONFIDENTIAL (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work overall. Entrepreneurial environment with parameters. Great people overall. Realistic work hours. Average Pay and Benefits. Would recommend as Employer.
Productive place to work with a Family atmosphere.
Architectural Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 27, 2018
I really like the team at Ashton Woods Charleston, they are like a family. I have learned much about the housing industry in my 4 years here and continue to learn daily.

Management is strict, but fair. They don't allow for poor work ethics or stupidity, but are fair and compensate well when a job well done has been achieved.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Sometimes they don't listen to new ideas.
not a fair and equal work place
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 1, 2018
It was a good place to work until I wanted to advance in my career with them. It wasn't the best place for the minority group. The CEO was not aware what was going on in the company. the manager was unprofessional.
Great place to work at the time
Assistant Builder (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 20, 2017
First time working with a homebuilder but no regrets. They were a great company to work for. The economy changed and they let almost everyone go at that time.
Great workplace
Land Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 14, 2017
Each team was wonders to work with. I was a part of the division office for the state but there were also sales teams, construction teams, in office teams and out of office teams . as much or little we have interacted we all achieved the end goal
Bad management
Sales Associate/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
The competitive coworkers, demeaning managers, and mediocre product made working there very stressful and unreliable. I worked hard each day for a company that did not care about me.
Pros
Week days off
Cons
Work Weekends, long hours
Learned a lot
Mortgage Contract and Closing Coordinator - Temp (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2017
It is just luck that I loved learning new things and procedure. I love to work. There was lots of new things to learn and work can be heavy at times. I love to see that even if I work hard everyone else is working hard as well and happy doing so.
The hardest to take is the very condescending attitude my direct supervisor does. But I have a very patient attitude myself and love her direct boss who showed a lot of patience and willingness to impart knowledge.
Productive workplace with professional growth potential
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
The project management position required a lot of organization and multitasking. One would have to oversee several new construction projects which included; scheduling, recruiting new contractors, meeting deadlines, passing private third party and city inspections, quality control, and much more. This position also had a warranty, customer service side which required the project manager to inspect any issues the customer may have had with their home/appliances if still under warranty and schedule the appropriate vendor or service representative to repair and defects found. The project manager reported directly to area managers and division president about closing dates and deadlines. Communication with the companies sales representative and purchaser happened on a weekly basis, and often times more if there were questions or concerns that needed to be addressed.
Ashton Woods Homes builds quality homes
Estimator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to be employed by, from management to sales everyone involved works hand in hand to ensure the end result is up to par with the home buyers expectation.
Growing
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 12, 2016
I have held multiple positions and every position has been something new and it was very beneficial to my future. They have a great work life balance as well.
Great Place to start, You'll learn quite a bit, Culture is good too.
Community Sales Manager/ Certified Mentor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2016
Opportunities for growth are rare. Great starting opportunity. You learn quite a bit. But didn't see myself there in the long term though I sure did try. Stayed with them for over 4.5 years.
Disorganized, low accountability from Mgmt, poor reputation with trades.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2016
Ashton Woods had an organized and timely vetting process for construction managers. In addition, the "Welcome mat" was rolled out professionally at the corporate office upon hiring, and was warm and inviting.

After the honeymoon phase of about 6 months was over, the ensuing chaos and deeper issues between management and field operations were revealed. Many trades confided that they were very unhappy with the way they were treated, primarily from upper Management and estimating. Not good for builders!

The estimating team had an " us against them" mentality in regards to their relationship to the field builders. Terrible attitudes that made life impossible in the field.

Management fired experienced good builders in the field left and right in response to managements own failing.

They cut the warranty department and piled that responsibility on the builders to shoulder, stating that if the houses were tighter, they wouldn't need a warranty department! Consequently reducing bonuses, increasing workload, and reducing build time requirements.

All factors of a management team that fails to man their territories properly. They brag about work-life balance which is only lip service. Corporate greed is alive and well here.

Keep looking, there are better places to hang your hat...
Pros
Careful and professional vetting process for new hires.
Cons
As a builder, be prepared to work around the clock and to be drowned in corporate red tape.
Excellent company with growth development needed
Studio Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 18, 2016
Ashton Woods is an wonderful company with great potential for becoming a leader in the home building market. There are some growing curves with programs that need to be implemented to support staff.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Exciting environment
Cons
Poor Management
You will make less than all your competitors
Custom Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 16, 2016
This company is chaotic, with an absolutely mindless executive management. I have worked for numerous home builders in my career, and hands down this was the worse one. The quality of their work was nearly as bad as their extortion level option pricing. Management is clueless, Tampa area VP quit after less than 5 months on the job, although not before he ran the top salesperson in the division out Avoid like the plague. You were warned.
Pros
Base Salary of 48 in certain communities
Cons
Management, Pricing, Culture
AWHomes
SENIOR CONTRACT AND CLOSING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaAugust 21, 2015
As a whole, Ashton Woods Homes provides a safe and functional working environment. Fast Paced. Benefits package is above average. Very Little Micro Management.