Asian Art Museum Employee Reviews

Really interesting and beautiful place to work.
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2017
Everyone was very welcoming when I first started and has kept it up the whole time. The staff was very laid back and departments seemed to get along very well.
Pros
Free admission to musuems across the country
Cons
It is in SF civic center. You'll get the occasional crazies on the way to and from work
I learned a lot working for this place
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2017
this was a museum so i learned a lot about the Asian culture from location to the difference in all of the various parts of the continent and their ways of life.
Pros
got to visit for free
Cons
worked a lot of overtime
Fun workplace not to learn but to work with kids
Larkin St - Youth Art Speak Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2017
Typically you just work with kids doing arts and crafts.
Occasionally you get to learn about the exhibits the museum puts up. Everyone is nice and very fair.
Pros
Very relaxed environment, free snacks, great hours
Cons
Gets borings sometimes
Multicultural environment filled with many unique things to view and read
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2017
Very good. Would highly recommend others to volunteer if interested in Asian culture or just want to volunteer for fun. People can enjoy displays and eat at the cafe.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Excellent museum
MEMBER BENEFITS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2015
The Asian Art Museum is an inspiring place to work at both for its incredible collection of over 18,000 objects as well as the workplace culture.
Lovely place to work - lovely people
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 16, 2014
This was a summer job that I specifically visited USA for so as to gain valuable work experience that I was unable to obtain for the summer at home. I knew it was going to be short term and therefore the precise ins and outs of the job weren't as important to me as if it were going to be a full time permanent role. I gained very good work experience in the Finance Department, working as an assistant to the senior accountant. While I enjoyed the work I would have preferred if it involved more people/customer contact as I feel that this is a strength of mine that I was not able to utilise.
it was a fun experience
Museum, Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2013
I got to work in the museum so that was cool. I got to also work with kids and help with alot of projects for the museum like making print t-sirts and helping kids with there art projects.