Asics Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2019
The best location and I really love the manager and the schedule. The team is really nice and helpful. ASICS is a good place to work and get experience
Selling fast pace shoes at a faster pace
Team Player (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 1, 2019
A typical day at Asics involves interacting with consumers in discovering the ideal product for them. Whether it be shoes or apparel, the main objective as a team player is asking the customers the right questions and use the knowledge of all of our inventory. What I can take away from this job is that product knowledge and positive customer interaction is vital for an occupation in retail. It may fill intimidating at first, the managers are there is provide assistance. Whether it be questions on product or just to have a friendly chat, the management gives off a friendly and approachable vibe. The general atmosphere of Asics can vary from slow and relaxed to face-paced and busy depending on what day of the week it is. This can be a positive or a negative; as busy day can make the time go by, but you would also have your hands full and possibly get a little stressed, while a slow day can be relaxed and you are able to fix up the store more easily, but at times, time just drags on. Overall, I found Asics an enjoyable location to work at, mostly due to the people, employees and customers, that I can interact with.
Pros
Discounts on apparel, interactions with a variety of people
Cons
Short breaks
Runner life!
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2019
It was a great opportunity for people who are social and the environment was really friendly. I would recommend everyone who has plans on opening their own business. Very knowledgable about their product.
ASICS Summary
Team Player (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 9, 2019
My experience working with ASICS is that we get to strengthen our guest servicing skills. I learned a lot about shoes and the different type of foot types. The work environment is very friendly and welcoming. The management is very good, they are very understanding and easy to talk to. The hardest part about this job would probably be remembering all the functions and parts of the shoes.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, Allotments, flexible on availability, friendly management and staff
Cons
pay and hours
great place to work and fun people
Sustainability (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Awesome work environment and great company People are positive, the mindset is great and the office building is really cool. A lot of attention on the well-being of employees, flexibility and a brand that is committed to sustainability. What's better than that?
Good Starter Job
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 19, 2019
The Compnay is great love their products, so I went to work there; however, they removed bonuses and employee discount, on top of that it’s $11.00 an hour, so I am looking for another job on this website. They have great managers that are super nice and work with school schedules, but corporate took away bonuses for sales and that hurts employee income. Would definitely recommend if you need a little extra spending money because it is a fun job that works with your schedule.
Pros
Great managers, fun job, nice
Cons
Low pay, no bonuses for sales
Greaplace would recommend
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJanuary 13, 2019
Great clean working environment great co workers claen breaking area bathrooms clean and neat locker's for your personal things I would recommend to someone else
Pros
Clean break room
Cons
Long breaks
fast pace and demanding
Picker (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day at asics was basically a every day workout. The work was very easy but very fast pace. I learned to move fast and puntual. One hard part about the job was keeping up at that fast past.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 25, 2018
The typical work day included focusing on customers, but also making sure the work place i.e. shoes, socks, and apparel were stocked. I learned how to be a team member. What being a team member meant and what it required.
No room for growth !!! Their Store managers do nothing and are horribly trained
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2018
The store managers for this company are not trained well at all. They do whatever they want and they get away with it. Most of the Assistants are the ones running around all day and taking care of everything. I've seen half a dozen assistant looked over for promotions who were actually qualified ! None of them actually receive a reason why they don't get the promotion. Everything is ignored. Any issues with HR are swept under the rug. Until the employees think about hiring attorneys.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Boys club, no time to take off to use healthcare, short breaks or no breaks
Lead Key Holder
Lead Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MANovember 3, 2018
This is a great job for someone who can deal with people on a daily basis. They will work with the schedule but you also have to be willing to work with them also.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSNovember 2, 2018
Its a OK job a lil laid back some manager good in some u hate but they give u a lot of over time in days in they don't lay off so that's great to no .
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Healthcare
Product Supervisor
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityOctober 30, 2018
I went to their retailers stores to place the product where it would get maximum coverage. I oversaw their individual sales, making changes where it was needed for products and strategies.,I worked oversaw various teams of sales people with six different stores under my supervision.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Non stop travel
Work growth
Assistant Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 26, 2018
ASICS is a great company and strives to help their employees to grow. I learned and taught a lot about product knowledge. Managers are friendly and willing to help their fellow team member. Typical days were on the sales floor coaching your team to achieve business, shipment and restocking sales floor/stock room, and training on product knowledge. Most enjoyable part for working at ASICS was the culture, if you like running, working out or want to learn about it then this is the place to work! I really enjoyed working for ASICS because I learned so much.
Pros
Staff dress, health and dental benefits, and paid vacation.
Cons
N/a
A Relaxed Office Work Environment!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 24, 2018
I answer telephones, transfer calls and process messages to various inquiries.

I interacted with other employees on a regular basis as an office team member to promote a compettitve and consistent workflow.

I used good analytical and decision-making skills to assist supervisors and management.
Pros
Office job was often a collabrative effort.
Cons
A large workload often develops during high production levels.
Great entry-level position to get your feet wet in the workforce
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036October 16, 2018
Working for Asics gave me my first opportunities to develop my customer service skills, having so many opportunities to hone them on a daily basis. I would recommend this job to anyone in school or is a real go getter.
Pros
Free meals, free shoes, discounts
Cons
Short breaks
fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, NJSeptember 19, 2018
Asics hired me pretty quickly and I enjoy working here. The process was fast. A typical day, if we aren't receiving a shipment, we get to know the other staff members as well as update our product knowledge and help customers needs.
job culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 10, 2018
The work atmosphere is great and the company wants you to learn the in and outs of ASICS . The company history is rich as so are their managers who want to train new employees
Relaxed Environment
Team Player (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 8, 2018
I love working here, however the system is individual goal based which creates competition where there shouldn't be any. You end up having conflicts or issues over things that aren't necessary.
Pros
Management is okay, this job works with your schedule
Cons
no benefits for part-time employees, have to work 30 hours for 1 hour of paid time off
good place to work
shipping and handling (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSAugust 11, 2018
No bad days there sometime you have free time good environment nice people to work with great employees great management just a great place to work and if emergency came up and you had to leave there wasn't any problems there just a great place to work
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight