AskWonder.com

AskWonder.com Employee Reviews

AskWonder.com insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Company has gone completely downhill

I started with Wonder 2 years ago and had an excellent rating for the research briefs I completed. I was selected to be in an elite group of new employees with exemplary work. Fast forward one year and there is no work to be had. There are management changes constantly and the work instructions change every time you turn around. I finally gave up trying to secure work and more importantly, to keep learning the ever-changing guidelines. I also felt that some of the more seasoned Wonder employees were really snarky on Slack. Ironically, I recently received an email in which I was informed that I got terminated because my work was not up to par! I have not ONCE turned in a subpar piece of work - the opposite, in fact. I predict the company folds within a year.

Pros

Fair pay; interesting work

Cons

Too many guideline, management changes; snarky coworkers and managers

Exploitative Work Environment with Clueless Management

The upper management has no idea what they are doing. They are now trying to revamp things, but the job volume is almost non-existent. At any given time, you have to get in line behind 80 people for work. And the work comes after constant wait of 20 to 30 hours. And if you are not comfortable with the "randomly assigned job"... gotta go back to the end of the queue. No respect for merit. More and more cumbersome features and rules are introduced without any resolution to the underlying problems.It used to be fun. Now it is just a disappointment. It had such great potential.

Pros

Flexibility of Working from Home

Cons

Long wait hours for jobs, Condescending people on the platform, Favoritism by the management, Clueless management doing whatever comes to mind

Eh. It's gone downhill

Used to be a fantastic place to work, but then all the good managers left. They hired some not very good managers who play favorites and don't even bother to get to know others. The pay is low for what you do and getting it passed is at the whim of people who really don't know what they're doing.

Pros

Working at home

Cons

Management, low pay, favoritism, no clear cut promotion process (i.e. they pick their favorites), they don't keep their promises.

Management Makes Too Many Random Changes

I used to love this place, but the last year has been horrid. Changes are made at break-neck speed without assessing how successful one change is before implementing another. Top producing analysts used to be rewarded with the most work. NO longer. The result? A product that is not as good as it used to be and far less work ALL around.

Pros

Pay rate, set own hours

Cons

Too many new people at HQ that do not understand the product

muy buena aplicacion

es muy buena aunque recién entro y podre dar una mejor opinión después cuando tenga mas experiencia

Pros

no se

Cons

no se

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Don’t be fooled

When I started I thought Wonder was wonderful. Turns out the censor the group chat. In reality it’s a lot of passive aggression. The worst part is when they don’t pay you for your work. I am 4.8 out of 5 and sometimes I still don’t get paid even though I’m a mentor

Productive and Encouraging Until Its Not

I worked with the company and actually very quickly received opportunities, however, these same opportunities resulted in my being terminated without notice due to the system and admin not recognizing how changes affected individual quality scores. After my surprise termination email, after which you cannot contact anyone even if its in error, I subsequently received five emails within two hours praising my work and I received two client five stars in one day the previous day. Working with the company is awesome, but they will turn their back on you. I was warned, I just thought maybe it was that individual's experience. It is not.

Great Place to Work

Wonders offers flexible working arrangements, great learning and earning environment, & networking opportunities with analysts from over 75 countries.

A place to be.

A community of over 5,000 freelance analysts from over 60 countries. However, it feels like one big happy family. Everybody is willing to offer help at any time. Specifically, newly onboarded analysts are guided carefully through their first few weeks.

Pros

You Learn, Work, and Earn.

Cons

Nothing exactly for a freelance job.

Great work life balance

I love working at Wonder! I have an amazing team of analysts who I get to work with and I get to spend time doing what I love, while also spending time with those I love.

Good for research, bad for math people

Given problems on a board and compensation per solution. Solutions must be approved first but the reviewers often aren't sufficiently educated to understand a solution that is quantitative.

Pros

research exp

Cons

qualitative research only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AskWonder.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8