ASM Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Provide one on one care for disabled clients
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 27, 2018
I perform healthcare, such as bathing and hygiene routines with my client. We try to go out in the community when it is not hot outside, she over heats quickly.
Pros
client
Cons
pay
good place to work
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJune 15, 2018
love working foe ASM I really enjoy my job love working with people here the company is no longer going to be i business look for a new job because of this information
Wonderful management, erratic hours
Food Demonstratot (current ) (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 29, 2018
Love my job and supervisor just erratic hours that have me searching for another part time job. Food demonstration requires public interaction and selling the product demonstrated with enthusiasm
Pros
excellent staff, work environment
Cons
erratic hours
HR, Stock, operations, sales floor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAMay 1, 2018
I loved working for my company, i learned a lot working over the years there. its just time for more growth and a new experiance at a new company. i can't wait to learn more.
This was a good place to work because i was really my own boss, worked independently, but always put in a little bit extra.
ADVANTAGE SALES & MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Walmart in Palm Desert & Palm Springs, CAMarch 9, 2018
To be frank, there's really not much to elaborate here, mainly because our main job was to give samples of a wide variety of products and promote those products to the best of our ability. Interaction with customers was the primary goal, and I found that aspect of the job most rewarding and fun. I particularly liked the opportunity to give sames of alcohol - mainly because they paid me $5 per hour MORE than when I was just sampling non-alcohol products!
Pros
I could work independently without a manager breathing down my neck!
Cons
Assignments were uneven - i.e., some weeks we had just one or two demos, and other times 3 or 4. Obviously, the more we were assigned, the more money we earned!
company going bankrupt
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MemphisMarch 8, 2018
The company is going bankrupt. General managers must use their own credit cards for clinic expense with no time table of repayment the Ceo took away all roll over vacation time. salary workers are docked pay. As a general manager you use your own car to market 30 plus location a day the company won't tell you about their money issues until your hired. Vendors have not been paid The Ceo was ban from the company for years because of stealing from medicare and to take a loan to pay back 15 million dollars.
Pros
Monday thru Friday hours
Cons
company going broke
Love my job!
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Homosassa, FLFebruary 14, 2018
I really enjoy working for ASM, It is a fun job to me. I meet lots of people and I enjoy doing the demos. I work with nice people.There is nothing complicated about my job. Preparing the food is a simple process and watching the customers enjoy their samples is always nice to see. When I am doing alcohol, the customers actually teach me a lot about the wines and the beers!
Poor management
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 27, 2018
1. Difficult working environment.
2. Designated promotional items not available for demonstration.
3. Enjoyed educating customers on new product benefits.
Good place to work part-time
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCDecember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company part-time. The participants that you work with on a daily basis are really great people and help to give you a renewed outlook on life. You work with people to help them in skill building and many sometimes just having fun and taking part in recreational activities.
Pros
Working with amazing people.
Cons
Hard to work enough hours to get benefits and make a living.
The position was a enjoyable job
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYNovember 26, 2017
The position was very social always interacting with customers and their pets. The workplace was a store environment so I had learned about a pet store and where everything is placed. the hardest part was when a customer relayed information about their pet that is beyond their control but with that being said I could add what is necessary to help the customer with the situation which I enjoyed very much.
Pros
alot of pet contact
Cons
negarive remarks about the line of food I was selling
Not recommended
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 16, 2017
This is a very easy job to do, but you are not treated very nicely by management. Or by Sams Club associates and management. You stand for long periods of time and if you sell out of the product that want you to just stand there and talk about it even if it is not to be sold. It doesn't make sense.
Your own boss kind of job.
Sampler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 18, 2017
A typical day would be purchasing a meal plan, posting pictures from plan-o-grams, preparing foods from recipes, and passing out samples to customers while educating them on the nutritional benefits of the merchandise.
Pros
No one looking over your shoulder
Cons
No benefits
slow paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 15, 2017
good starter job for younger people starting out. slow paced little overtime. laid back atmosphere pay is low. unless your in management. mostly Hispanic work force.
good
BPNC Freshmen Connection Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2017
In my freshmen connection job, I had learned how to communicate with youth, like listening, understanding, and problem solving. When my high school freshmen students are suffering in school, I will talk to them and ask them why they are suffering. Most of my works will be listening to my students and finding a solution for them.
It was fun talking and interacting with the members
Event specialist (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAJuly 31, 2017
You set up your cart and fixed food products most of the time and then when they were ready you gave out samples and most people were pleasant to deal with and I learned a lot of new recipes and how most people only come in for samples and to try new stuff and sold a lot of products .
Pros
get to cook and serve new products and make people smile
Cons
not regular amount of hours feast or famine
sales and marketing associate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
set up demo stand inside establishment. roll out product offered for that particular day and provide a friendly sales driven pitch to customers about the products offered
Great place to meet people as well as learn about products that were new to me
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTJuly 20, 2017
As I worked for asm (advantage sales and marketing) I learned how to answer many questions that the customers had. I had never worked in a field of work dealing with food and purview of the customers I had made a few friends while working in this field and skills that I feel would be beneficial towards this company
Pros
Was allowed to try the food I was displaying
Cons
Not many hours and always had to stand in the same space
good job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 18, 2017
is you go in find your items that you will need for the day then get your table ready go to the floor and set up and get ready to great all the customers different things is nice i am there by my self no one to watch over me the culture is nice standing for 6 hours is all the customer
Pros
being alone
Cons
Its a very fun and diversely learning enviornment.
MLWs (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
I loved working with young girls in the field of STEM. Tutoring young girls, taught me to have self-control, patients, and learn how to become a facilatator when teaching the girls.
Pros
Working with younger kids.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
retail and a fun place
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2017
this is a good place to work because you can have fun while you work and enjoy your work. you get to travel and your co workers are really nice. you get toe meet new people and you can learn a lot while you are working. the company works with you as far as family and personal things. they are very understanding. they also have some good breaks. a really nice place to work
Pros
you get to travel and they pay for your hotel and your mileage.