ASML Employee Reviews

This was a great company to work for
Equipment Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2018
They offered excellent training and tuition reimbursement, a great salary, and great benefits. I really enjoyed working for ASML and would welcome the opportunity to return there.,
Pros
good training, good people, good management team
Cons
a lot of travel, so you spend quite a bit of time away from your family
Demanding work environment
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2018
ASML employees work hard with long hours. In exchange, and salary and benefit are excellent. The workplace culture can be challenging as ASML continues to integrate acquired companies into their compensation, benefits and work culture. The result is a very political culture that is described internally as "mean".
There are exdptionally intelligent people doing highly technical work at ASML, but the environment is challenging.
Pros
Great salary & benefits
Cons
Harsh work environment
Good work environment - excellent benefits
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 24, 2018
Good stable company with cutting edge, industry leading products. Good working environment, good salaries and excellent benefits. Advancement is possible.
Fast growing company...but maybe too fast
CS Project Management (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 8, 2018
ASML is an industry leader but also has a lot to learn from other companies. The people who work here are extremely smart and being able to work with machines more complex than a space shuttle is quite a demanding task. Management is lacking in nearly every sector and this causes very bright employees to seek alternative options. There is no focus on personal growth and development of junior members because projects are so demanding and leave little time for improvement of internal processes. Management is very "old school" and needs to adapt to working with bright young minds. Many people stuck in their ways but there are initiatives to change this. It is a good company to work for; however, due to HQ in Europe and stakeholders around the globe, be prepared to work on average 10+ hours a day. This is not a 9-5 job and work-life balance is tough. ASML tries to find a balance but many people are overworked and have poor attitudes about their jobs. Regardless, the company still offers very good benefits, 3 weeks off, good salary. Overall a great company to start your career with, but you must be stubborn in your goals and constantly let your wants and needs known to your management....or else you will become just another small fish in a big pond with no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, travel, high-tech environment, smart people
Cons
Long hours, limited growth, no incentives for good performance, poor management
Poor leadership
6 month contract Material Registrar (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 25, 2018
I worked there on 6 month contract, company wide very poor management, company wide very poor training, it's a Dutch company with a Dutch culture, not very American when it comes to what Americans are used to, while there are many openings with higher then average earnings I have personally blacklisted ASML and I will never go back, the only thing I will say is they are growing too fast and they pay well to keep people in spite of poor working conditions, high pay in my opinion doesn't make the high stress worth it.
Pros
higher then average pay
Cons
way too much stress, very poor management, very poor training
System Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2018
ASML is a great place to work, i guess it depends on which office your working out off.. Machine is very complex but cool to work on.
i enjoy what i do for work.
Pros
Great company.. cool technology
Cons
in some offices, there's no clear path for career growth
Not an Engineeer
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 17, 2018
Company is awesome if you are an engineer. Anything else not worth it. Stressful, lack of communication. Office gossip is the worse. Hard to advance if you don't have a degree.
Pros
great benefits, Will pay for college
Cons
Stressful, Office drama
great company
Sr. Software Test Engineer / Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTSeptember 6, 2018
ASML is a great company to work for. Highly talented people and some what of a perfect management system. Everyone has a chance to work on something very innovating.
slow promotion , poor career path
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 26, 2018
It is very slow to get promoted at ASML.
Many employee stay in the same position with same title after working for more than 4 years.

Colleagues are nice and easy to work with
Pros
colleagues are very smart
Cons
slow promotion
ASML Job experience
Technician/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 7, 2018
I did enjoy working at ASML and was hoping to become permanent but I had to move before the contract timing was over. The management and people were nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was the clean room garment from head to toe. The most enjoyable part of the job was the complex and detailed work I had to do.
Pros
People, culture it was a nice place to work.
Cons
The use of the full clean room garment. It was uncomfortable at times.
ASML is barely average while claiming to lead industry.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 3, 2018
ASML is a good place to work if you live in the Netherlands, otherwise they do not an anyway value the individual employees. Especially those who work at the smaller office locations. Working for ASML in my experience has been a subpar experience. I would not recommend joining this company.
Pros
Schedule and vacation.
Cons
No advancement subpar raises.
work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTOctober 15, 2018
Work work work Management don,t teat people fare work was fun and exiting learn something new everyday. food was ok parking stinks hours were ok fun times
The company wasn't that bad but there were some bad people..
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTNovember 2, 2018
Work was interesting and I made many friends =. However, there are some bad ones that make the company look bad. For instance....

1. Abusive coworker. She screamed and threatened to report me all the time. She took photos of a misplaced item and displayed it to every group member to humiliate me. She speke Chinese all the time when there was a work issue.
2 .My boss is worse than her. He pretended to give me fake interview. He said he was not supposed to be in the interview for ethical reason. But later, he said he is supposed to be in the interview otherwise it is not an interview. He encouraged the coworker to bully me and he told me once, "maybe she had a reason to lose her temper at you."
My trainer couldn't teach me thoroughly due to language barrier. My boss mocked me and refused to help me learn. He even forbids me to talk to anybody other than my two coworkers and himself. He even warned me that I must take break and lunch exactly at the same time with my coworkers. Which means, I couldn't go anywhere even outside. I had to stay with them exclusively all the time. He forced me to work with my coworker even though he knew I couldn't get along with her. I requested transfer and he threatened that he will report me to his boss. I finally got an interview and was waiting for the result and he ended my contract suddenly to prevent me going to another department.
To him everything was a joke. He never paid any attention to my trainer’s report. He ignored my progress report and kept going back to beginning and use that as an excuse for not hiring me.
Pros
Nice and caring people.
Cons
Bullying culture among some elderly supervisor, they think they are above the law and abuse employees whenever they feel like it.
A fast paced workplace with high expectations, and always pressed for deadlines.
Operational Procurement (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 6, 2018
I liked working at ASML for the experience and growth. But, Management is unmotivated, and hired more on relationships, than merit. Hard to grow your career with issues of stagnation.
Pros
large facility, modernizing
Cons
tight cubicles, tough bosses, unclear directives
Take and not give back
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTApril 27, 2018
The company is lacking leadership in manufacturing. They have temporary people working for less money no benefits then employed people. Some people have no background in manufacturing yet get hired as the ones with manufacturing stay temp. The pay is all over the place for people doing the same tasks. It’s a job but not a place for growth
Fast Paced, Challenging Work environment with many opportunities
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTMarch 3, 2018
ASML offers a lot of challenging problems and room to excel to its employees, although there is some bureaucracy to contend with it is more streamlined than you'd expect from a 10,000+ employee engineering company. Employees have the opportunity to work on incredibly challenging technical problems.

High performers are recognized and allowed to advance, but compensation above the entry level is below market.
Great place to work for a self-motivated individual
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 24, 2018
Imeediately became immersed in the semiconductor industry, and had to catch up on the steep learning curve. Afterwards, it was a constant battle to learn more about the new and upcoming subsystems in order to become proficient at my job. The job involves a lot of troubleshooting with help from a lot of multi-discipline team members.
Working at ASML
Sr. Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 21, 2018
In Wilton, CT, the technical support team participated in the development of leading-edge ASML's semiconductor lithography systems. We underwent extensive and advance technical training.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Great Experience
Global Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 15, 2018
Great People, great place to work. Some opportunities to grow and diversify career path if access to the extended network located in Netherlands, the headquarter.
Great Company
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 29, 2018
I spent the happiest years of my career at ASML. It was a great job and I learned so much over the 20 years I was there. Unfortunately as I got older, I was replaced by younger and smarter people, and ASML tossed me out like a used dishrag.
Pros
Cutting edge technology
Cons
Too quick to lay people off, no feelings for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASML. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ASML.

Powered by Comparably