ASPCA Employee Reviews

Volunteer Position
Animal Socialzer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
I volunteered at the ASPCA for about 3 years. I became frustrated by my lack of advancement in my volunteer status. They are a wonderful organization that does good work and many people volunteer there for years.
Pros
Animal Welfare
Cons
They could do better when dealing with people.
good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
This is a good place to work if you are a pet lover. the hours are great the staff is great and the animals are wonderful outside of the smell this is a very relaxed place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
odor from animal cages
Great
Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Great Opportunity.
Every day I learned something new, I was pleased with my experience and wish that it turned into something past the temporary position.
wrok
Animal Care Technician/Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2018
its not a bad job just as long as u dont mind being away from home 24/7. People and places you get ot visit are awesome and once and a lifetime chance
enteracting with diffrent types of animals . hourses,dogs,cats,birds
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2018
Feed and watered animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.Mixed food, liquid formulas, medications, or food supplements according to instructions, prescriptions, and knowledge of animal species.Examined and observed animals to detect signs of illness, disease, or injury.Performed animal grooming duties, such as washing, brushing, clipping, and trimming coats, cutting nails, and cleaning ears.Observed and cautioned children, petting and feeding animals in designated areas to ensure the safety of humans and animals.Responded to questions from patrons, and provided information about animals, such as behavior, habitat, breeding habits, or facility activities
Pros
love animals so got to inteact with every animal who needed a warm embrase
Cons
It was temporary no pay
i love working with the animals
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2018
I enjoy helping the animals on their road to recovery. Its sad that animals are abused, but i was glad i could be part of the team to saving animals. I wish i could of done more.
give alot of credit for people doing this
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 28, 2018
i was to emotional i couldnt see the animals coming in abused it was heart breaking for me i love animals too much and if they had to put them down i couldnt handle it
Pros
loving the animals
Cons
seeing animals hurt
Super SUPER fun and rewarding
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 29, 2018
My favorite part was just being around all types of dogs and cats. Loved having to care for them and help them get back on their paws before being adopted to a new loving home. Such a happy ending, most of the time.
Aspca
Cat and Dog Socializer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Walked dogs, provided an extra hand when needed to socialize with dogs and cats. Always punctual. As well as responsible aided me to move up to a higher level. Ability to understand and
carry out oral and written instructions allowed me to needle feed kittens in the clinic.
Pros
Work with all type of dogs
Animal Care
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2018
Animal Care & Control
The hardest part is caring for the animals that have been mistreated
by their owners & their areno recimations. Relocating abused animals to a loving environment.
Pros
Helping
Cons
No Pay
Productive & Fun Environment !
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
Working with detail is my forte. Animals come naturally to me, so it was a win win. I would bathe, feed nature them animals. I would love coming to work and the hardest part was leaving. Theres no I in team. A great team is everything in accomplishing big tasks. My passion is photography. On the side i would photograph the animals which taught me patience.
Pros
Life Is Good!
Cons
Global Warming
I was very productive there and it tought me work skills.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 12, 2018
It wasn't an actual job while I worked there, it was a volunteering, but I loved being there and it helped me learn work skills and responsibilities..
Pros
Loved helping animals find homes, helped me learn work responsibilities
Cons
Didn't get paid for it.
I volunteer at the ASPCA.
Animal Care Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2018
Very organized, task specific, friendly environment to be in. As a volunteer you can sign up to tasks that you are interested in. Tasks such as walking dogs, reading to dogs and cat socialization.
Fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 8, 2018
I would come in and walk dogs, help feed them and care for them. I learned that they really cared about the animals and took very good care of them.Management was nice and made it a comfortable working space.The hardest part of the job is seeing the new animals come in uncared for, but the most enjoyable part was watching them grow and become much more happy and comfortable with the workers.
Pros
Breaks whenever
Cons
Rewarding mission and pleasant work culture
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER/SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
The staff of the "A' is the most enjoyable part of the job. Most colleges enjoyed working together on their daily tasks and special projects. Benefits were also first rate.
Great benefits and advancing possibilities.
Kennel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 14, 2018
The hard work working with animals is compensated with good salaries and benefits. I work as kennel attendant, some day are extenuant but also some days are easy. There is a culture of collaboration and organization between the employees. The hardest part is related with moving heavy animals and sometimes getting dirty with the animals bio-wastes. The most enjoyable is the feeling of giving the animals the help they need.
Pros
Good benefits and good administrative organization.
Cons
Sometimes or some days work is extenuant.
Great Experience
KITTEN NURSERY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2017
Gain many experience. Meet compassionate workers with the same desire, making impact in saving animals. Learn different kinds of field in the ASPCA.
Pros
meet friendly people, working with animals
Cons
euthanasia
wish my health was 100% love this job
Animal Care Technician (Adoptions- 92nd street) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
very fast paced environment. I learned a lot of different diseases an animal can have how they get and what are the symptoms. Also how to care for a feral cat, special needs and a new born kitten and pup.
the most enjoyable part of the day is when all the work is done and you are able to spend some one on one time with the animals.
management basically trusts their workers to get the job done but if they notice things they will be on top of you and your work. very understanding about person situations and great at giving you professional advice.
most stressful part of the day when people call out; more work to do before opening time or clocking out time
ASPCA review
Community Engagement (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 21, 2017
Great organization to work for with extremely smart and talented individuals. I would most definitely recommend this organization to anyone devoted to the welfare of animals.My day to day activity can change at a moments notice, keeping the job very fresh and engaging. Whether its a community outreach event providing services or door to door service helping animals in need the ASPCA provides it all.
Pros
Great mission and great work
Cons
Non profit work is always challenging when it comes to compensation
productive workplace and fun to be
Animal Shelter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2017
It keeps you busy and occupied. i learn to make sure the animals are in cages as well as when taking them out or putting them in that the gates are well closed and lock.
Cons
short breaks