ASPCA

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

ASPCA Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Per diem Feline Behavior Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2018
Great people, very supportive environment, excellent benefits, compassionate managers, adorable animals, relaxed environment, and above all, an amazing mission.
Fun, loving workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2018
Growing up, I've always had a special place in my heart for animals, so volunteering at ASPCA was perfect for me. This was my first experience in the "animal career" world and I loved it. I loved seeing the animals get new homes, and I enjoyed spending time with the ones who didn't have one. The management/employees were very educational and professional.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
n/a
Productive environment
Kitten Nursery Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10128November 8, 2018
Though the ASPCA is an amazing company to work with, there were a lot of big holes in regards to job security, harassment complaints, “favorites” and uncomfortable situations. Best thing to do is set your standards, see if the atmosphere and environment fits your personality and work your way from there.
good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
It was a good place to work and I enjoyed working there. I would go back there if I could. Working with unions can be difficult and things change constantly there.
benefits
Cons
union
Great Mission!
Manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
Great mission and fun place to work. Many opportunities to learn while giving back to a great cause. Collaborative work environment, opportunity to advance.
Nice place
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, PAOctober 23, 2018
data entry office environment. I learned how to fax and do data entry. staff was kind and helpful. hardest part was not getting enough breaks. i enjoyed seeing all the animals.
Pros
worked my own pace
Cons
not many breaks
Great job, great people, poorly managed
Liscensed Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
The people here are pretty great and the job itself is amazing as long as you can work independently. But in my experience, management is terrible and does not listen to their employees' concerns.
great organization and staff
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  remoteOctober 9, 2018
Progressive organization with incredibly talented and committed staff who are mission driven, thoughtful, and striving to do great work. Several areas of focus with many departments and staff working remotely and they strive to include and engage everyone.
Pros
benefits, homestead reimbursement for work travel, varied work
Cons
work/life balance can be an issue
Volunteer Position
Animal Socialzer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
I volunteered at the ASPCA for about 3 years. I became frustrated by my lack of advancement in my volunteer status. They are a wonderful organization that does good work and many people volunteer there for years.
Pros
Animal Welfare
Cons
They could do better when dealing with people.
good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
This is a good place to work if you are a pet lover. the hours are great the staff is great and the animals are wonderful outside of the smell this is a very relaxed place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
odor from animal cages
Great
Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Great Opportunity.
Every day I learned something new, I was pleased with my experience and wish that it turned into something past the temporary position.
wrok
Animal Care Technician/Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2018
its not a bad job just as long as u dont mind being away from home 24/7. People and places you get ot visit are awesome and once and a lifetime chance
enteracting with diffrent types of animals . hourses,dogs,cats,birds
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2018
Feed and watered animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.Mixed food, liquid formulas, medications, or food supplements according to instructions, prescriptions, and knowledge of animal species.Examined and observed animals to detect signs of illness, disease, or injury.Performed animal grooming duties, such as washing, brushing, clipping, and trimming coats, cutting nails, and cleaning ears.Observed and cautioned children, petting and feeding animals in designated areas to ensure the safety of humans and animals.Responded to questions from patrons, and provided information about animals, such as behavior, habitat, breeding habits, or facility activities
Pros
love animals so got to inteact with every animal who needed a warm embrase
Cons
It was temporary no pay
i love working with the animals
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2018
I enjoy helping the animals on their road to recovery. Its sad that animals are abused, but i was glad i could be part of the team to saving animals. I wish i could of done more.
give alot of credit for people doing this
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 28, 2018
i was to emotional i couldnt see the animals coming in abused it was heart breaking for me i love animals too much and if they had to put them down i couldnt handle it
Pros
loving the animals
Cons
seeing animals hurt
Super SUPER fun and rewarding
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 29, 2018
My favorite part was just being around all types of dogs and cats. Loved having to care for them and help them get back on their paws before being adopted to a new loving home. Such a happy ending, most of the time.
Aspca
Cat and Dog Socializer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Walked dogs, provided an extra hand when needed to socialize with dogs and cats. Always punctual. As well as responsible aided me to move up to a higher level. Ability to understand and
carry out oral and written instructions allowed me to needle feed kittens in the clinic.
Pros
Work with all type of dogs
Animal Care
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2018
Animal Care & Control
The hardest part is caring for the animals that have been mistreated
by their owners & their areno recimations. Relocating abused animals to a loving environment.
Pros
Helping
Cons
No Pay
Productive & Fun Environment !
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
Working with detail is my forte. Animals come naturally to me, so it was a win win. I would bathe, feed nature them animals. I would love coming to work and the hardest part was leaving. Theres no I in team. A great team is everything in accomplishing big tasks. My passion is photography. On the side i would photograph the animals which taught me patience.
Pros
Life Is Good!
Cons
Global Warming
I was very productive there and it tought me work skills.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 12, 2018
It wasn't an actual job while I worked there, it was a volunteering, but I loved being there and it helped me learn work skills and responsibilities..
Pros
Loved helping animals find homes, helped me learn work responsibilities
Cons
Didn't get paid for it.