ASPCA Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
give alot of credit for people doing this
Kennel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 28, 2018
i was to emotional i couldnt see the animals coming in abused it was heart breaking for me i love animals too much and if they had to put them down i couldnt handle it
Pros
loving the animals
Cons
seeing animals hurt
Super SUPER fun and rewarding
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 29, 2018
My favorite part was just being around all types of dogs and cats. Loved having to care for them and help them get back on their paws before being adopted to a new loving home. Such a happy ending, most of the time.
Aspca
Cat and Dog Socializer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Walked dogs, provided an extra hand when needed to socialize with dogs and cats. Always punctual. As well as responsible aided me to move up to a higher level. Ability to understand and
carry out oral and written instructions allowed me to needle feed kittens in the clinic.
Pros
Work with all type of dogs
Animal Care
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2018
Animal Care & Control
The hardest part is caring for the animals that have been mistreated
by their owners & their areno recimations. Relocating abused animals to a loving environment.
Pros
Helping
Cons
No Pay
Productive & Fun Environment !
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
Working with detail is my forte. Animals come naturally to me, so it was a win win. I would bathe, feed nature them animals. I would love coming to work and the hardest part was leaving. Theres no I in team. A great team is everything in accomplishing big tasks. My passion is photography. On the side i would photograph the animals which taught me patience.
Pros
Life Is Good!
Cons
Global Warming
I was very productive there and it tought me work skills.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 12, 2018
It wasn't an actual job while I worked there, it was a volunteering, but I loved being there and it helped me learn work skills and responsibilities..
Pros
Loved helping animals find homes, helped me learn work responsibilities
Cons
Didn't get paid for it.
I volunteer at the ASPCA.
Animal Care Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2018
Very organized, task specific, friendly environment to be in. As a volunteer you can sign up to tasks that you are interested in. Tasks such as walking dogs, reading to dogs and cat socialization.
Fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 8, 2018
I would come in and walk dogs, help feed them and care for them. I learned that they really cared about the animals and took very good care of them.Management was nice and made it a comfortable working space.The hardest part of the job is seeing the new animals come in uncared for, but the most enjoyable part was watching them grow and become much more happy and comfortable with the workers.
Pros
Breaks whenever
Cons
Rewarding mission and pleasant work culture
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER/SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
The staff of the "A' is the most enjoyable part of the job. Most colleges enjoyed working together on their daily tasks and special projects. Benefits were also first rate.
Great benefits and advancing possibilities.
Kennel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 14, 2018
The hard work working with animals is compensated with good salaries and benefits. I work as kennel attendant, some day are extenuant but also some days are easy. There is a culture of collaboration and organization between the employees. The hardest part is related with moving heavy animals and sometimes getting dirty with the animals bio-wastes. The most enjoyable is the feeling of giving the animals the help they need.
Pros
Good benefits and good administrative organization.
Cons
Sometimes or some days work is extenuant.
Great Experience
KITTEN NURSERY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2017
Gain many experience. Meet compassionate workers with the same desire, making impact in saving animals. Learn different kinds of field in the ASPCA.
Pros
meet friendly people, working with animals
Cons
euthanasia
wish my health was 100% love this job
Animal Care Technician (Adoptions- 92nd street) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
very fast paced environment. I learned a lot of different diseases an animal can have how they get and what are the symptoms. Also how to care for a feral cat, special needs and a new born kitten and pup.
the most enjoyable part of the day is when all the work is done and you are able to spend some one on one time with the animals.
management basically trusts their workers to get the job done but if they notice things they will be on top of you and your work. very understanding about person situations and great at giving you professional advice.
most stressful part of the day when people call out; more work to do before opening time or clocking out time
ASPCA review
Community Engagement (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 21, 2017
Great organization to work for with extremely smart and talented individuals. I would most definitely recommend this organization to anyone devoted to the welfare of animals.My day to day activity can change at a moments notice, keeping the job very fresh and engaging. Whether its a community outreach event providing services or door to door service helping animals in need the ASPCA provides it all.
Pros
Great mission and great work
Cons
Non profit work is always challenging when it comes to compensation
productive workplace and fun to be
Animal Shelter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2017
It keeps you busy and occupied. i learn to make sure the animals are in cages as well as when taking them out or putting them in that the gates are well closed and lock.
Cons
short breaks
excellent mission
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2017
The ASPCA is mission driven organization. You feel part of a much larger pool than just yourself, which is the most satisfying part of the job. I learned to work with many different departments as team work is a huge factor in working for the "A". Change is an on going part of the atmosphere which isn't always explained thoroughly and leads to a feeling of job insecurity.
Pros
Being part of the mission, benefits, competitive salary
Cons
Lack of work / balance, no sense of job security
Aspca
Senior Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
They are a good company. Every company has issues. You won't be 100% happy everywhere you go. I enjoyed my job. And I would do it all over again. I would love to move up within the company.
Pros
Animal rescue
Cons
Certain rules and regulations
productive fun fast paced an relaxed
Veterinarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAOctober 30, 2017
a typical day at this job would be cleaning up the kennels feeding the animals walking the animals playing with the animals if any customers where interested in coming inside this facility to take a tour of it all where welcome i learned one on one skills with the vet doctor management was run very well an respectfully easy going workplace culture was openther was no discrimation against anyone
Pros
being able to take any animal home with you to be a caretaker
Cons
no healthcare
Volenteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLOctober 27, 2017
It was a great experience being a volunteer at the shelter. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It felt wonderful interacting with animals and being able to give them some love and affection even if it was for a short time.
Delightful & the rabbits were cool too
Volunteer Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYOctober 25, 2017
Oh, I loved that job, man. I'm working to get into animal care and rehab, and the experiences I got here were invaluable as a starter job. Really great people and really great animals, too. You just have to figure out how to say no to a stranger's 8 year old without looking like the bad guy
Pros
regular animal handling and a really calm work environment
Cons
you kinda always smell like cleaning supplies and fur
productive place with lots of adorable kittens.
Animal Shelter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 21, 2017
There was an amazing amount of fun, playful, and energetic cats and kittens. It was the best place to work at. I would recommend this job for people who would be willing to have lots of fun!
Pros
Fun and Energetic cats and kittens
Cons
Short break times