Aspect Software

Aspect Software Employee Reviews

Nice group of people
The working atmosphere was great and never felt I couldn't call on management. Provided a lot of resource material. My manager was always available and quick to get me the support I needed.
Great people to work with
I really did enjoy working at Aspect. However, executive leadership did not execute a long term plan for company growth which lead to huge layoffs. Aspect had a great many very talented employees that have been laid off.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Poor executive leadership
Great Work Life Balance
Great Work Life Balance. Very nice working environment for team collaboration. Company promotes from within as part of the culture. Overall a great place to work
Poor management
I was hired as a remote Business Applications Consultant. My so called manager was in a different state. For a full year, I never met her and the training was a joke. I had to attend classes with paying customers so I was told not to ask the trainer questions, just audit the class. Aspect is cheap on travel expenses so don't expect to stay at a reasonably nice hotel while traveling on company business. My so called mentor that I was assigned to shadow was difficult and rarely available to answer questions. It was by far the worst company I have ever worked for.
Some really great people
I had the opportunity to work with some really great people at Aspect Software until the money ran out and 40% of the company was let go, just as we were making miracles happen.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Excellent place to work
Aspect is an excellent place to work as they give you ample opportunity to learn and most importantly to grow in your career. I have learnt a lot from all departments and it has an excellent work culture, helpful management and a great place to work.
Good company but need a visionary
I have worked for this company for more than 10 years. Due to financial shortfalls, there have been a great amount of change in past two years. I think the company is not moving in the right direction and needs a visionary to lead the company to turnaround the current situation.
Pros
Flexible work environment.
Cons
Leadership decisions and training
Cambios constantes
Aspect sigue buscando una identidad, tiene un equipo súper valioso que se desvive por cumplir objetivos, sin embargo, hace falta comunicar de forma más clara cuál es el camino a seguir.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aspect Software?
Great people, tough business model
I was lucky to have a great manager, so she shielded my department from a lot of the politics at the top. She was also an advocate of flex time and work/life balance. However, I understand that some managers were not as flexible, though most were understanding of family matters. It was the people I worked side-by-side with daily that made the place bearable. But the upper management changed frequently enough that keeping up with newly-instated goals was sometimes difficult. Management expected a lot from employees, and employees generally stepped up to the challenge. However, there were a few who found change too monumental, so if you didn't embrace the change, you'd find yourself part of a layoff (which seemed to happen biannually). Recent layoffs included moving 150 employees' jobs to the India office. The product is great, move to SaaS was a 180-degree turn about 2 years ago, but poor financial decisions about 8 years ago still radiate and undermine company growth.
Pros
Intelligent people who work smart at the lower levels.
Cons
Poor financial foundation, resulting in low pay, no training, no incentives.
Was an excellent place to work until Vector Capital Buy Out
Vector Capital acquired Aspect in January 2019, resulting in ongoing lay-offs. Very unknown as to what future they're driving toward. Lay-offs of sales people well above their quotas last year.
Apsect was a great place to work. They made some poor choices over the years that resulted in layoffs and people leaving. They seem to continue making those mistakes recently but might be leveling off.
Not recommended
I strongly disapprove of this company, management dont know what they are doing, no job security at all. Dont care about the employees, strongly not recommended for OPT candidates. They will put your job at risk.
Na
Not applicable to answer questions or provide any commentary on previous company daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly activities, results, or any other portion.
Still recovering
In my opinion is that aspect is still recovering from the issues brought on them by the executive staff pre-2011. I was part of an acquisition by Aspect with their pivot to the cloud strategy. Financially they struggled to undo the past, and process wise had challenges working toward a future cloud stack. I had the opportunity to grow from a startup into a medium size company of 2000 at that time. Overall I could call a lot of coworkers friends and they were great, had good intentions, and ethics. However, sometimes things are spoiled by few with a self preservation mentality, and ghosts of the past.
Pros
opportunity, people, work life balance
Cons
culture, struggled being a 40 year old company of acquisitions, self-preservation over doing the right thing at the c level
Long Term Employee
I worked for this company for almost two decades and enjoyed being an employee there. If not for the recent acquisition and restructuring layoffs I would have definitely continued working there. I loved the ability to work remotely, had close professional relationships with employees in other groups/departments, and was very satisfied with accomplishing every challenge and goal I was faced with.
Pros
Excellent benefits and competitive salaries
Cons
Lack of any team concept, it's every man for themselves.
Review Summary
Aspect is a struggling company. It used to be a great company..But with the change of CEOs it has declined greatly. I was promised Stcok Options upon being employed; which were denied by the board after I was hired. I was also promised to be trained and to obtain my Microsoft Certiofiocation.. This was denied too..
Fantastic group of people who are a true team
The Employees of Aspect that I have had the pleasure of working with for almost 6 years are the most customer centric and professional group Ive worked with. They truly care about transparancy and putting the Customer first.

The managers at the team level are personable and work to make the environment comfortable for the employees as Customer Technical Support can be a high pressure position.
Good Company
I was personally hired to work under a Business Development Manager. I very much liked their solution and enjoyed developing leads for this company. I would reccomend.
Excellent products and people, questionable upper management.
In general, Aspect has been a very positive work experience with excellent products and people who are talented and dedicated. Unfortunately, due to some questionable policy and finance decisions in addition to a high turnover in upper management and CEO positions, the company is now in an unstable financial position which has resulted in multiple recent refinancing including chapter 11, which has resulted in a large scale layoff of U.S. employees, moving these positions to India as a cost saving measure.
Pros
Excellent products and people.
Cons
Unstable financial position.
workplace culture
this company laid off regularly and constantly left you on edge that they were going to do it again. Never felt safe and never felt like there was a future beyond the first few months.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no recognition of hardwork
Great people, poor leadership
I have enjoyed working with the people who remain at Aspect. There has been a great amount of turnover in the past two years. I believe this company can be good for some people with the right management. I don't always agree with management decisions about the direction of the company and the people to retain, or the investment in key areas.
Pros
Fun, friendly and flexible work environment
Cons
Leadership decisions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspect Software. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight