Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
never again
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJune 21, 2018
in my opinion they work in an assembly line fashion. and are mostly about pushing patients through that help bring in the most money rather than taking care of their patients properly.
Fast Paced Environment
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 20, 2018
A day at Aspen is not boring. On average, we see close to 100 patients a day. On any given day at Aspen Dental I make new patient charts, call and verify insurance, answer phones to schedule and reschedule patients as well as answer billing questions to the best of my ability.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, discounted dental services, hour lunch breaks
Cons
Na
Start off here
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 18, 2018
This is a great company to start your dental career. Very fast paced so you learn quickly. Always moving around. Have to be secure and confident in your job.
productive
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 18, 2018
fast paced, not paid very well, definitely all about production. great learning environment if youre fresh out of school prepares you to work anywhere
Typical Day
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 18, 2018
A typical day while working at Aspen Dental was pretty steady paced and comfortable. You can tel the people working here really cared about their patients. Remembering name, cases and even personal stories that are told to us.
Awful work environment.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 17, 2018
The drs are nice to work for, but the OM lacks the leadership skills to be an efficient manager to this team. The other staff members were nice but would have times of just being straight rude to each other.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Long hours, lack of pt care, and money driven.
overall great staff
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 14, 2018
The front office staff are nice and have the best interest of the patients in mind. The dentists do an amazing job to provide the best care to the patients possible. All the dental assistants except the lead tend to work well together and seem to put their all into helping.
Management does not care
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 7, 2018
I had the worst experience when they started moving up the ones that sucked up over the ones that deserved it. Many issues were gone unsolved and no one cared to save the employees that were worth saving by just looking into the issues they had with the doctor or their management.
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible management
Loved working at Aspen
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 5, 2018
My District Manager was awesome. He helped me learn everything I needed to know and let me shadow some appointments with dental assistants and hygienist.
Dental Assistant
Full time Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJune 4, 2018
I was very pleased to be a part of the team. It was a steady paced office. I learned a lot from the team and how to run a office. I learned a lot from the doctor and the other team members. We all got along and treated each other with respect and treated each other like family. The best part of my job was being able to put a smile back on the patients face. The hardest part was when I saw patients getting turned away because of not being able to afford their treatment even after the manager does everything they can do, the management was fantastic in pleasing patients. They made me feel welcome.
Pros
Great staff, consistent schedule, great benefits, modern equipment
Cons
N/a
good work invironment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJune 4, 2018
love to work with the people who care about thier patient.. we have teamwork and we help each other.. no body interrupt you while you are working and they give you enough time to finish your work.
Save yourself the trouble
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 4, 2018
Very poor upper management. No direction given and yet expected to know what you are doing at all times. No support offered and gossip and toxic work culture tolerated by all.
Pros
none that I can think of
Cons
toxic work place; too many hours
Extremely fast pased
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJune 4, 2018
A typical work day was extremely hectic to the point that the dentist, lab tech, assistant were unable to service patients in the way they should be treated.

The management was the worst. The office I worked at was clearly managed by a person who had no clue on how to properly handle a large dental office.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with a schedule that was unbearable crazy, dealing with management employee who some of them did not even live in our state and would come for a day or half day and tell us how to run things and than the next time they came they would totally change that plan.

I worked there 4 years and probable went though 10 different dentist. Some ok, mostly not....

I learned at Aspen that this type of practice certainly is not for me.

I don't recommend it, in any capacity
Pros
non
Cons
to many to list
Not a good fit
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 2, 2018
Unfortunately the job was misrepresented to me. The salary as well as the job duties were not what I had been led to expect.
I did, however, learned a great deal about being a liaison between service providers and clients.
Poor management and manipulation
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 2, 2018
The management is corrupt and a lot of unethical things go on at this practice that the doctors allow. They also underpay their employees. I do not recommend any patient or employee candidates to this company. Stay far away!
Cons
Poor management
Stress to the Max!!!
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJune 1, 2018
Do not work here. Your training will be extremely poor, you will have no work-life balance, your hours are going to be erratic, you will be underpaid and overworked, you will also be so stressed out that you will be driven to drink. If you have kids or are a single parent do not even think of applying for this job. You will have the responsibility of doing the job of at least three people at the same time. Also, management is very clicky and if you're not in the club be prepared to feel isolated all day.
Good luck on ever being trained properly. I've been employed for 3 months and EVERYTHING I've learned, I've learned on my own. I've had no dental terminology training whatsoever, I've been told "you'll get it with time". Management will do everything in their power to pass the buck on to you so that they dont have to deal with disgruntled patients. You will be told to give medical advice to patients by phone even though you're not a licensed medical professional because your dentists and dental assistants are slammed with so much work that they can't respond to patient concerns. Also, if you make mistakes because of your shoddy "training", you'll be reprimanded as if it were your own fault for not being psychic and instinctively knowing the way to do things. Oh yeah, Aspen Dental doesn't perform a pre employment drug test (which I thought was really odd) so, be prepared to work with unreliable co-workers while you pick up the slack.
This place is a joke, I'm actively seeking new employment. Run for your life!
Also, in the last 3 months, 6 employees have quit from the stress
  more... of this job.  less
Pros
Not one.
Cons
EVERYTHING about this job is awful.
Aspen
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 1, 2018
Working at Aspen Dental was okay. It was most of the employees and most of the patients that got me through the day. All aspen locations are different depending where you go. I worked in a fast paced office with high demands from patients and management. I learned to be more compassionate to the patients, even on the bad days. I learned to not take this so personal even when people are yelling at you out of frustration from pain. I enjoyed mostly learning each patient and seeing their journeys and changes from coming to the dentist. You get to see someone's life brighten up because they have a new smile or their pain is gone. It's a joy to see the change from start to finish and seeing patients walking out smiling. Thanking you for everything you've done for them. Appearance to most people is everything and to see them feeling better because they can smile makes you smile.
Great Place if equipped with the right people
Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 1, 2018
I loved the location(s) I worked for. I had a chance to meet a variety of different doctors, DA's, and Technicians. Some were more personable than others, but overall I took great pride in my job and working here.
Pros
Dental coverage through the company, unique work area, opportunities to relocate or travel.
Cons
Sometimes there is a lack in communication, but again that depends on the management on board.
great
Dental Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 31, 2018
Fun always busy loving group of people. who are willing to help you grow work with you one on one til you get it right. lots of learning to do and the people there to do so
Privileged to work with such great people.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 26, 2018
I had the privilege of working with a great crew at Aspen. I really enjoyed working with them and respect all of their hard work and dedication to their patients. Keep up the good work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aspen Dental.

Powered by Comparably