Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

Aspen Dental
Executive Assistant to CHRO (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJuly 13, 2018
Corporate culture and vision not clear - leadership for HR not solid
very long hours - little direction on deliverable
expectation to have little home-life balance
workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJuly 12, 2018
I loved the job I had in this workplace. I was hired on and trained to their liking and thoroughly enjoyed the position I was trained to do. The manager of this place was a nightmare and was later let go for stealing after firing me.
Dont work here
Interim Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 11, 2018
all they care about is MONEY and not their employees. Company strives to state they engage their office staff but they mass produce patients in and out. When my grandpa passed away they said oh if you can't afford to fly to the funeral you can come to work then (even though you're alloted 3 bereavement days.) Sad place!
Corporate Dentistry at it's worst
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 10, 2018
Every day begins with a morning huddle where you will be called out on any mistake you may have made the week prior or the previous day. the lawton location had a great doctor / owner but he didn't run anything, nor could he fix anything He left it all to the office manager and if she doesn't like you... good luck even getting properly compensated for your job.
Greedy
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 10, 2018
Numbers were pushed on a day to day basis. Office managers had a weekly call meeting where they would call out in front of every other manager how low the numbers were. They overworked the managers, I never got a lunch break and then they demoted me because I had to have an emergency hysterectomy.
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 9, 2018
I did not enjoy working at Aspen Dental. The managers do not allow for family life at all. They can go home to their families but cant expcect the dental assistants to get a day off.
Very Stressful and fast paced
Aspen Dental Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 5, 2018
After a year of working at two locations it was clear what type of place this is. After weekly partying together employees and interoffice relationships this was only the beginning. Office managers are paid salary and work on average 25-30 hours a week leaving for personal reasons daily everything from hair appointments,the gym, childcare even to go mow their yard! While this leaves the front office "Patient services rep" to deal with everything. Constant billing errors and they hire people with no billing experience or training. So the insurance problems get worse daily and without any upper management support nothing gets fixed. When hired there is limited to no training at all and before you know it you've been thrown to the wolves of angry patients. You are pressured to push treatment and get patients to apply for lines of credit. Daily your dealing with screaming patients and management who doesn't call anyone back. The back is just as bad they are constantly having problems with sanitation and equipment breaking. During the time i worked for Aspen it was a horrible nightmare i didn't sleep and was constantly stressing about what problems would happen everyday. The front office and dental assistants are paid several dollars under area averages while the office manager and regionals bonus off everything. I should have known from when i first started i was offered $15 an hour with a $300 month bonus. Then come my first 5 months of pay i was only making $14 and was lucky if the office bonus-ed $50. After months of stress they kept telling me the pay would get fixed and it  more... took me calling corporate to find out my pay change had never been submitted in the first place. This place is a joke! After 15+ years of retail torture this place is like black Friday everyday!  less
Pros
free lunch once a month or so
Cons
Only break is lunch and that is when there is time
Wonderful team
Full time Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHJuly 3, 2018
I worked at a fast-paced office with a wonderful work team. I had good opportunity to learn a lot of things. The hours and the distance was my concerns about this job.
Promoted Growth
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJuly 2, 2018
Aspen Dental helped me in growth. I became a Leader that taught other Dental Assistants become great Leaders. I made the work environment comfortable for the Doctor and Staff. I made sure Patient's where happy and comfortable.
Run don't walk away from this company!
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 29, 2018
This company is all about production and overselling products. When an SRP costs a patient $4,000-$8,000 because 130 Arestin sites were entered, it's hard to sleep at night. The management is uneducated and arrogant-mine was a home depot manager that 2 months in apparently knew more about dental than my BS degree. The doctors are not supportive but no worries because they are never there more than 1 year. The pressure to sell is unbelievable and does not align with the time given for procedures. Even though the model is good regarding perio...the end result is if you can't give the patient the time they have paid for and deserve because you are so busy checking the new patients and hoarding in their payments no matter how good your clinical skills you will leave at the end of the day feeling you took advantage of hard working people. When I questioned this corporate model, I was berated by my dentist and then by my regional hygiene director (who was supposed to be there to protect my interests and questions). I was then after nearly 2 years of service and numerous bonus achievements told I was not corporate material. I wasted two years of my life believing in a company that looked at me as replaceable if I questioned the status quo of the company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR EFFORT. THIS COMPANY VIEWS YOU AS PRODUCTION AND MONEY ONLY!
Pros
Good periodontal model but they don't follow it.
Cons
Poor management, upper and lower divisions-including the dentists. -It's all about money and production.
It just wasnt for me
Area/Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 27, 2018
Aspen Dental is a place of favoritism are not a butt kisser of upper management you will drown in this place. They poorly train you and throw you into the fire.
never again
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJune 21, 2018
in my opinion they work in an assembly line fashion. and are mostly about pushing patients through that help bring in the most money rather than taking care of their patients properly.
Fast Paced Environment
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 20, 2018
A day at Aspen is not boring. On average, we see close to 100 patients a day. On any given day at Aspen Dental I make new patient charts, call and verify insurance, answer phones to schedule and reschedule patients as well as answer billing questions to the best of my ability.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, discounted dental services, hour lunch breaks
Cons
Na
I wont ever go back
LEAD DENTAL ASSISTANT(RDA) (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 20, 2018
When I first started at aspen dental in Amarillo Texas I was the first assistant that was hired for their brand new location which was built in 2014. I love the company and the people at first but as time went on things just went downhill. It's a tried and true corporate dental office, the dentists care at first but then they just start focusing on the numbers and less on the patients. I was so glad when I left. It just got to be a super toxic environment.
Cons
Working late or through your lunch hour is a norm for this company
Start off here
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 18, 2018
This is a great company to start your dental career. Very fast paced so you learn quickly. Always moving around. Have to be secure and confident in your job.
productive
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 18, 2018
fast paced, not paid very well, definitely all about production. great learning environment if youre fresh out of school prepares you to work anywhere
Typical Day
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJune 18, 2018
A typical day while working at Aspen Dental was pretty steady paced and comfortable. You can tel the people working here really cared about their patients. Remembering name, cases and even personal stories that are told to us.
Awful work environment.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 17, 2018
The drs are nice to work for, but the OM lacks the leadership skills to be an efficient manager to this team. The other staff members were nice but would have times of just being straight rude to each other.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Long hours, lack of pt care, and money driven.
overall great staff
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 14, 2018
The front office staff are nice and have the best interest of the patients in mind. The dentists do an amazing job to provide the best care to the patients possible. All the dental assistants except the lead tend to work well together and seem to put their all into helping.
Management does not care
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 7, 2018
I had the worst experience when they started moving up the ones that sucked up over the ones that deserved it. Many issues were gone unsolved and no one cared to save the employees that were worth saving by just looking into the issues they had with the doctor or their management.
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight