Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

good but loaded
Associate Dentists (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Aspen dental is a good place to work for but a bit less payment was given to me so that is why i left. if they had pay me more i would have stayed. i will go back if they increase the salary
Treated with respect, fairness, heavy work load , excellent benfits, nice new offices
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LASeptember 10, 2018
many employment options, locations,also have travel job positions available at fair compatible prices, tons of benefits, individualism, fun team mentallity, learning and conintuing education courses offered, team of other professionals, clean organized new work environment lab and operatory
Pros
nice co-workers, great benefits incl health/dental, travel employment options, career advacement options in managerial positions, respect from peers compatible wages
Cons
gets super busy at times
Back in the day
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 4, 2018
Amazing experience 4 years ago...now not so much. It’s unfortunate because this company could really take off. They’re mission and culture is strong but the people that push it fOllow it very loosely. They strive to have dentists invest in their company but their directors and senior directors(pretty much same job duties and still deceitful ) don’t support their doctors. You would think they’d be supportive so their would be positive growth with the office..negative. They do provide benefits and PTO and there is opportunity for development but be prepared to be asked to do things against a normal persons standard.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, great mission
Cons
Deceitful intentions, inexperienced management, mission is not followed
Training
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 4, 2018
As part of the management team, the training invests a great deal into their managers for success. Also, employees that are onboarded receive the same if not, closely related training to prepare them for success as well.
Aspen Dental
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2018
Working at Aspen has changed my life completely. I have been assisting there for a year now. The unbelievable amount of experience I have now is amazing. I came in to this job with no experience or schooling. I was trained on the job, with some traveling out of state to help me better understand what i needed to know. Very fun and amazing place to work.
Say 'no' to Aspen
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2018
I have worked for Aspen for almost 2 years. I am technically a patient services representative, though I often fill in for office managers in the region. High employee turnover and lots of broken promises. I believe in Aspen's values, I just wish they did as well. You will never get a raise. You will regularly have unexpected schedule changes. You will be given an unrealistic workload. You will receive endless amounts of praise until you ask to be paid more. There are some genuinely good people employed here, but the overall corporate culture is abhorrent. Management will tell you about all the incentives and bonuses you can get, and they will promise room for growth. That is a lie. Do not fall for it. I won't even attempt to explain the discrimination I have faced from this company. I have been offended not just on a professional level, but a personal one.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Low pay, long hours, poor management, high employee turnover, little to no training
Aspen Dental loves their employees
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 24, 2018
I am so lucky to work for a caring, kind dentist. Aspen is a great company to work for with a positive work environment. I truly enjoy working for this company because of the people I get to help and my wonderful coworkers. Aspen is a great opportunity for me to grow and thrive in my career.
Pros
Wonderful work enviroment/ staff
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 22, 2018
All they care about is making money. Not about the patients even though they say over and over that that’s what matters. There are always promises made but never ever kept. My general manager was excellent but it’s the cooperation that sucks. They hound the managers to make money like it’s all they care about. It’s freaking crazy!!!
Please, look elsewhere.
Scheduling Agent (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NyAugust 22, 2018
During the interview, you're promised a great work environment. They talk about parties and chocolate fountains. My background check was surprisingly fast - maybe a day or so. No drug testing, because they aren't going to waste the money on a person that will most likely be terminated.

During training, you're taught how to use their scheduling system. You're taught scripting. You are not taught that you need to be extremely assertive - borderline aggressive sometimes.

Once you're on the floor working, you'll notice that people from your training class start to disappear (especially if they were hired through a temp agency). Temp agents get the least job support.

You must convert 51% of your calls, meaning that you need to schedule appointments for 51% of your calls. That seems easy, right? Sometimes people only want info or maybe they can't afford an appointment. It's your job to force them to take it. If the patients cancel or reschedule, the same day, the appointment you made no longer counts.

Sometimes I feel like I'm manipulating people. I'm telling half - truths. Some people succeed doing this, I don't.
Pros
Free food, toothbrushes, and Aspen gear
Cons
Forcing appointments.
Management is weak
Full time Lead Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, OR 97471August 21, 2018
Upper management sets un realistic demands on the clinics. Upper management makes most of the money. The direct care staff is not paid well and bonus are not realistic because of the pushy management. Staff is not happy at Aspen in Roseburg.
Never work here ever
Dental Laboratory Technician Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 20, 2018
This place has to be the worst I have ever worked for. First I was promised I would work where I lived. They made me travel to a location in another city an hour away and that’s without traffic. Then they made me pick another city at least 2 hours from my home or be let go from the company. I finally convinced my other half and kids we needed to move and we did. Then right after I move they tell me the office I wanted to work in was given to someone else because the person there quit. Rather than let me know when I lived in the same city. They had me move 2 1/2 hours away from everything then they tell me. My wife last her clients from moving so far away. Management is cycled in and out of the company based off of who performs better in sales and getting patients approved for “financing”, I have so many horror stories from working with this company I have personally heard with my ears , seen with my own eyes, and was forced to endure as an employee. I would never promote or recommend this business to a patient or potential employee!
Pros
None as far as I’m concerned
Cons
Acts more like a car dealership than a dental office
it was ok
Dental Assistant/ dental Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2018
the manager and regional manager make a fun career a horrible career one manager went upon my social media and wrote me up for my personal comments ...
Team players.
Lead Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 18, 2018
Ok place to work. Most days can be overwhelming. The staff is enjoyable and professional. The Lead Dentist has issues with his chairside mannerisms and not very likeable. He communicates well with me and I appreciate it.
Pros
Work with nice team players.
Cons
Patient care is second to monthly budgets.
aspen dental
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 15, 2018
the work was very heavy and very fast past
made you see a lot of patients that it was sometimes overwhelming
the doctors were awesome to work for but the corporate side of it they seemed as if they only cared about making money rather then there being enough time that you were able to help each and every patient out on multiple occasions i felt like i was treating each patient as if they were just a number because i couldn't help them as much as i wanted too because there wasn't enough time
It was ok back then...
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 15, 2018
It may have improved by now but when I was there management played favorites. Spent my time alone a lot. Very stressful and took advantage of patients. I tried to be as organized as possible but never got recognition for doing a good job. Spent time crying in the back a lot because of the manager. Patients believed every lie about all the things they “needed done”. Dentist was awesome but he was playing along with corporate corruption. The plus to the job was getting free dental work, which is really expensive otherwise.
Pros
Free dental care on most things, time off
Cons
Management, no room to move up
Pay is horrible
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2018
The pay is not good! Upper management doesn’t care about their people they just want money rolling in. You are treated like a number & I was never told that I was doing a good job etc!
Leaving my other job to go to work for Aspen was the worst decision I ever made. I would not suggest anyone work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOAugust 14, 2018
Aspen is only concerned about making a dollar they don't care about their employees or patients turnover is very very high, this is not a good Company to work for
Pros
Off early on Fridays
Cons
Very high turnover poor management
Love patients, don't like upper mgmt
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2018
Upper management only pretends to care about you and your feelings. They switch people on you all the time and are just looking to get their own promotions. If you speak your mind, they don't like you. Work employees too hard and give them zero recognition.
Pros
401K, health insurance, PTO/vacation
Cons
overworked
Poor Management and worked to death
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NY 14845August 9, 2018
Poor management starting with the lead and all the way to the practice owner. You can advance here but you will be waiting for months to hear anything. You also will get abused if you go above and beyond, will not receive the compensation for this. Will reward those who do less. It is a busy office and you will be running. Did learn a lot about corporation companies. Its all about the money. Who cares if patients wait for over 30 mins, as long as they get paid and meet "budget." This place will make you not care as much. That's all I got.
Stressful
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 8, 2018
Over ten employees have been and gone since I started there 1yr and a half ago. So many turn around so that you can't get anything really going. This encloses 4 doctors.
Pros
Lunch and learns. Fridays off at noon.
Cons
Staff constantly changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight