Play YouTube video button
2.7

Aspen Dental Employee Reviews

United States1,460 reviews
Found 1,460 reviews matching the search
you are sent from one office to another office with no consideration of your time.
Pushy culture, bottom line is all that matters. False promises to move up in the organization. Management at best, indifferent.

no sense of long term growth.

Co-workers are supportive but have no authority to make a difference. high burnout rate.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
high burnout
No appreciation, no consideration, no empathy toward anyone who isn't as "prestige" as the doctor(s). Lucky to get a yearly review in a timely manner, and good luck with a merit increase at that...ya might see a whole whopping .20 cents. There is no such thing as a real schedule, patients are allowed to dictate those. No shows, and being significantly late is allowed, thus putting staff further and further behind. Never fully staffed, attendance policies are not enforced, so those of us good employees are stuck picking up the slack without so much as a thank you. Its all about how much can you make them in the shortest amount of time possible. And if that means double/triple booking, and a true lack of patient education and care, then that's what they do. If it makes sense at Aspen, then it's not done. If you want good, fair pay, work/life balance, and sense if accomplishment, and your own sanity for that matter, then DO NOT work for this company.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
See description....
Company only cares about profits. Overworks their staff and under pays them too. Call center fills the schedule with new patients knowing we don’t take their insurance just so they can get their bonuses. Does not follow guidelines set into place due to COVID-19 pandemic, and would rather replace you while you’re out sick because of work rather than wait for you to get better. Upper management doesn’t care about your problems, and will find an escape goat to avoid their short fallings all to keep their job. You can submit your hours all you want, but you probably won’t get paid for them. They’ll also pretend to care, listen, promise to make changes, but you won’t see anything different. And if you’re expecting an apology be ready for a rehearsed and generic one at that! This is a company that’ll ask you not to quit while still post up a “looking to hire” sign because “you’re replaceable.” Still wanna work here? Then bring some mace, have a gun in your car, and be ready to call for help when you leave because you might get people banging on the doors after hours, patients threatening you, and mugged while leaving the premises.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Money hungry mindset, disrespectful upper management, lack of responsibility
They do not appreciate you. They lie. You are underpaid for your work. They dont appreciate you. Work you to death . Do not work there all lies. They say anything to get you in the door and never fullfill the contentment they make to you. Former employee 2 years (TN) Run
Pros
Cons
The entire company
Hated always feeling like I was running from one patient to another. Patient care was not the concern it was meeting the quota. All about business only. That’s not why I am in dental. Patient care is important, if that’s there more patients will come from that.
Cons
Leave a review. Help people like you.
They trick people into thinking that this is an amazing family friendly work culture. Long hours, assistants and hygienists over worked, while call center piles new patients. Turn over rate is high, and if you leave or get fired they will replace you quicker than the grass grows back where you use to park your car! I do not recommend any new assistants or anyone really to work here. Managers say they will get back with you and never do. Upper management is a joke and seriously could care less about any of the employees. This is a money hungry company. The sad thing is good dentist come to die here. They can be wonderful clinically and then they are driven by the thought of more money. No home/work balance. Broken promises, no raises even when you work hard. You can work your hardest and never make it anywhere in this company. No opportunity to grow. Just don’t do it. Run far far away.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Management, work/life balances, no one listens
I hated it the hours sucked, they were really fake and basically two faced, the manager was the worst!!!! They would have constant meeting on how to “improve” basically saying what you were doing wrong instead of speaking to you personally about it and made fun of certain patients!!!
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, employees
If you don’t have morals and love taking advantage of the lower income population then this company is perfect for you.They will make false promises and not deliver if you are not a favorite. They will also ask you to work six days a week but tell you not to clock in on the 6 th day so that they don’t have to pay you overtime. However, they will use you till they have no more use for you. Experience, knowledge, and loyalty is not something they appreciate in this company. They will ask you to lie to patients just to get there numbers up. Also, when you do give the professional two weeks notice you will be bullied and threatened by your superiors up until the final day you leave. They will lie straight to your face and try to say they never said things and then when you present them with proof they try to turn things around and will include there closest favorite to back them even with no grounds to stand on. Keep all records of text messages between you and your email and other employees. With that though as soon as things change in text where you can prove that they are in the wrong they will stop texting pick up the phone and call you so it is no longer documented. I hope that whoever reads this understands that these are 100 percent true facts to help you out so you do not make the same mistake that I did in trusting this company and there very manipulative word of mouth. In turn with this it is not the true upper authority of the company who does this for they have gone to far up the ladder to realize that the vision and goodness they had in starting this company has been - more...
Pros
Travel
Cons
Too many to list
Terrible company to work for, has a high turnover rate due to low wages and improper training. Good place to gain experience but definitely not a career based job.
all aspen cares about is making money off of the patients. The management sucks and doesn't care what you're going through and if you don't show up you get automatically fired. A family member of mine was severely injured in a wreck and they basically told me to choose between family and work. Very unprofessional they don't care
Pros
Cons
management
I initially enjoyed working for the company initially. I was happy to work for a company that was nationwide, had a lot of benefits, and provided bonuses. I loved coming to work each day.
Unfortunately, they allowed gossiping and bullying to occur. I was constantly having to defend my reputation and it was a losing battle. There was favoritism and good employees left because of the toxic culture. They kept changing the work hours and took away benefits that other hygienist were receiving company wide.
Pros
Bonuses, benefits, learning opportunities, technology
Cons
Management doesn’t support you, gossiping is allowed to continue, raises aren’t given
One of the worst companies to work for.
As a professional you expect to be treated professionally. Aspen does not care about the little man. They are top heavy. They don't treat or pay their assistants what they are worth.
This company does not care about its employee's, I had been asking my OM for over a week about not being able to return to work due to childcare reasons from COVID19 and the only answer I kept getting about my job was " I don't know". Not once did my OM try to talk to the RM and find out answers, and when I called and left a very clear voicemail about returning my call as soon as possible to the RM, I never got a response. When I finally did get a call days later it was by both the OM and RM and I was told I had the wrong number and the RM never got my VM. Which stated her name and company, so it was her VM. Anyways, during that call I was told if I did not return to work by a certain day and time then they would take it as my resignation. The RM doesn't care about anything and doesn't know how to do her job as there is certain guidelines to follow, which HR stated she did not follow them. The only person who attempted anything to help me was the Director, but even after speaking to her over 3 weeks ago I haven't heard anything from anyone. This company only cares about money, they underpay employees, and they will screw you any chance they get. If you physically cannot return to work for any reason, even childcare that was shutdown due to COVID19 they will make you resign.
Cons
No breaks, terrible pay, management doesn't care.
Love the patient interactions, training on removing barriers to help people get the care they need. Fast full days, self paced opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Each office has its own personality
Cons
One to two Saturdays per month required
Enjoy working here at aspen. As a new dentist they help develop your skill set. Focus on team effort. You are able to focus strictly on dentistry without the pressure of collection and “closing the deal”. Office staff are really good at scheduling around doctors comfort.
Unless you want to be unhappy everyday you go to work don’t work here. They don’t pay good nor is any money worth working for a money hungry company like this. You are nothing but a cash cow. There are to many lies and secrets this company keeps and has. They treat you like trash and still want you to perform to your best of your abilities. They will leave you understaffed to save money and overbook the schedule. They don’t care about there employees during covid they gave us fake N95 masks. We were not safe and it just got worse from . They will replace you like nothing too. I’m so happy to be gone from this horrible company.
Not for me. Some people love working corporate and non stop pace. I want to feel included and apart of the team. At Aspen your just another person and are replaceable. They don’t notice your hard work and other assistants will walk all over you And make you do more work if you let them.
Pros
Great start right out of school
Cons
Over worked and underpaid
Covid hurt the company and there techs cant use pto and not part of the ppp loan. Really hurts especially when you dedicate 8 years to the company andmove out of state and they leave you on verge of homlessness !!!
While being underpaid and overworked I would constantly be treated like I was worthless. Constant new patients who only come because they are in extreme pain. Never ending impressions and extractions. Worst side of dentistry.
Pros
Cons
Patients do not care for restorative dentistry
The culture within the office is dictated by the Regional Manager. The current RM believes turnover is normal and does not care about employee satisfaction or retention. She is turning entire offices because "they are full of excuses". Her comments are in references to asking the employees to demonstrate unethical behavior. You can and will find a better employer, don't waste your time and effort on Aspen.
Aspen is individual to all offices because all doctors are different and some practices aren’t owned by a specific provider. The office I worked in was great for most other than gossip occasionally.
The doctor paid well and noticed hard work and drive. There is room to advance but after a while the drive of “aspen” to make money oversights the patients needs I would work here again because it was a great place to tart and learn teaches a LOT
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Dental. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aspen Dental.