Aspen Skiing Company Employee Reviews

Ambiente de trabajo
Ticket Seller (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COJanuary 10, 2019
Managers y Supervisores ayudan mucho, son muy comprensivos
Pros
Pase de Esqui
Great place to live and work if you can afford it!
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COJanuary 7, 2019
After working for the company for 4 years, I've come to realize they care more about profits than their employees. They hire temps at an hourly wage that is $3/hr more than employees who have worked all season and is comparable to employees who have been here for over 4 years. They own the housing buildings that their employees live in and keep jacking up the rent because, "rent in the area is going up and we have to be competitive." The company is two faced; they market about how much they care about the environment but they don't recycle and they talk about being a part of the community however I can't tell you 1 local that's happy with how SkiCo is running themselves. Everything at SkiCo (lift tickets, food prices, rent on their housing) is going up except for employee retention/appreciation.
Pros
Free lift pass
Cons
High cost of healthcare, low pay, employee housing is a scam, willing to hire temps off the street for $3/hr more than current employees.
Very productive and multitasking flow
Mountain Ops Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aspen HighlandsOctober 29, 2018
Its very fast paced, but overall every day is a different case that I learn from all the departments within human resources (payroll, benefits, and HR).
Pros
Constantly Learning
Cons
Working on the weekends
Excellent Culture
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HOUSEKEEPING & SPA DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 21, 2018
While working at the Aspen Skiing company I found it a fun, fast paced, intellectual work environment. The mission statement is strong and the people of the community can count on SKICO to uphold the high standards.
Great company
Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 18, 2018
Good benefits, good compensation, great management and overall morale through the company. Easily able to transfer to other departments within the company.
Incredibly competetive workplace with an emphasis on excellence.
Server (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at The Little Nell. The restaurant required no less than perfection, with a program that is paralleled by few in terms of standards, service, wine, cocktails, etc.
Pros
excellent benefits and food
Cons
highly demanding
Professional crew
Snowcat Operator (Former Employee) –  Buttermilk MountainSeptember 8, 2018
Working as a snowcat operator was a challenging, unique experience. I was well-trained, given chances to grow and consistantly educated in the proper operation of a Prinoth snow at and proper grooming techniques. Other than incredibly low pay for the job expected, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Aspen Skiing Company
Pros
Ski Pass, Fresh corduroy, shwag
Cons
Adapting to graveyard shift, snowboarders
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk Camp Snowmass COAugust 22, 2018
Highly recommend to you high schoolers or to people who enjoy winter and love skiing and snowboarding, definitely have a fun environment to work in.
Great managers that know how to help you when needed and will talk to you if something seems off.
Pros
Fre lunches and free passes
Cons
Short breaks, low wage
Un buen lugar
Cocinero A (Former Employee) –  Pitkin County, COAugust 17, 2018
El ambiente laboral es bueno, pero sus instalaciones y personal carecen de un buen trabajo en equipo y falta de equipo y espacio para trabajar
Pros
Buen lugar de trabajo
Cons
Mala comunicación y falta de equipo
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Dependienta (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, Colorado, Estados UnidosAugust 16, 2018
Actitud positiva para incluir el multiculturalismo dentro del ámbiente laboral, enriqueciéndose culturalmente a través de sus empleados.
Pros
Motivación y actividades recreativas organizadas para los empleados
Cons
Hubo recortes de horas de trabajo debido a la mala temporada en el centro de ski
Great Place To Work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work, Living expenses are very high in Aspen and around, - Roommates are almost not avoidable
Its perfect for people who like to work seasonal and love to Ski. You get a Ski pass for all four mountains when you work for Ski Co. The summer is slow .....
Culture is very professional and fun. I did not experience any back stapping or politics. Everyone very straightforward. One of the best places I have worked.
Pros
Ski Pass, Culture
Cons
Housing
Fun place to work
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 17, 2018
Being a ski lift operator was fun, but it can be boring sometimes since you are standing around for most of the day. But, you get a free ski pass and ski breaks so that helps.
Interactive open-minded place to work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COJuly 12, 2018
Working for Aspen Skiing Company was a memorable and life changing experience for me. The environment was interactive and I was surrounded by a diverse population of guests and co workers. Guest visiting from around the world and co workers all with a different story to tell. The work was fast paced and customer satisfaction was imperative. Teaching kids how to ski and providing them with memories they will never forget was truly rewarding. Working in a winter wonderland providing families with the most outstanding experience is a job I will never forget.
Good Benefits
HOA Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 8, 2018
They offer good benefits, but managers need more support. Some managers are too hands on, others aren't hands on enough. They also don't seem to take the time to understand what management style works for the employee, nor who the employee is as a person.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management lacks support
Inconsistent
Valet/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 27, 2018
The Aspen Skiing company provides great benefits. However the scheduling is very inconsistent and the hourly pay is very low. You have the opportunity to make a lot in tips but it is also inconsistent.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
awsome place to work
cook1 (Former Employee) –  america coloradoMay 16, 2018
it was really exciting to wake up in the morning and going to work because there was always something new to learn from the world class chefs ,meeting new people and a lot of celebs ,the hardest part of the job trying to speak other culture
It was a nice place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 12, 2018
I learned to do house keeping , supervising.
It had good benefits including ski pass
People were Nice
It was only seasonal job
Included free lunch
Great job in the Colorado Rockies
Lift Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 7, 2018
I worked with the Aspen Skiing Co. from 1990 till 2016. During this time I started in the front lines of one of the most prestigious ski resorts in the world. My initiative and leadership qualities allowed me to progress into managerial positions.

My days were consistently full and interesting. I had wonderful and diligent team members and managers that were as invested as I was in providing exceptional guest service at all levels. From this, I learned that in order to be successful, one needs to be surrounded by succesful people.

The workplace culture was one of pride in a job well done and everybody working together towards a clear vision and attainable goals, while maintaining fiduciary responsibility.
Pros
Ski Pass, Health Plan, 401k, private ownership
Cons
weather dependent
Very fun work environment with a locker to place your things etc.
Rental Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COApril 23, 2018
I enjoy working for this company, but it is very seasonal work with everything fairly expensive (groceries, living expenses, etc.) Almost nowhere is open from when the mountains close-mid june. and again in the fall from labor day until Thanksgiving. Just make sure if you do stay through the off-seasons seek year round employment which is scarce or manage your money accordingly.
Pros
free lunches/dinners
Cons
not many breaks
Awesome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COApril 18, 2018
An incredible adventure and if you are thinking about applying, do it! You have the opportunity to snowboard and work. Just try not to party too much.. just kidding.
An adventure of a life time.