Aspen Skiing Company Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 12, 2018
I learned to do house keeping , supervising.
It had good benefits including ski pass
People were Nice
It was only seasonal job
Included free lunch
Great job in the Colorado Rockies
Lift Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 7, 2018
I worked with the Aspen Skiing Co. from 1990 till 2016. During this time I started in the front lines of one of the most prestigious ski resorts in the world. My initiative and leadership qualities allowed me to progress into managerial positions.

My days were consistently full and interesting. I had wonderful and diligent team members and managers that were as invested as I was in providing exceptional guest service at all levels. From this, I learned that in order to be successful, one needs to be surrounded by succesful people.

The workplace culture was one of pride in a job well done and everybody working together towards a clear vision and attainable goals, while maintaining fiduciary responsibility.
Pros
Ski Pass, Health Plan, 401k, private ownership
Cons
weather dependent
Very fun work environment with a locker to place your things etc.
Rental Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COApril 23, 2018
I enjoy working for this company, but it is very seasonal work with everything fairly expensive (groceries, living expenses, etc.) Almost nowhere is open from when the mountains close-mid june. and again in the fall from labor day until Thanksgiving. Just make sure if you do stay through the off-seasons seek year round employment which is scarce or manage your money accordingly.
Pros
free lunches/dinners
Cons
not many breaks
Awesome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COApril 18, 2018
An incredible adventure and if you are thinking about applying, do it! You have the opportunity to snowboard and work. Just try not to party too much.. just kidding.
An adventure of a life time.
Fast paced, high end, high volume establishment with an amazing wine program!!
Cocktail Waitress/ Back Server (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COApril 7, 2018
Amazing opportunity to expand your knowledge on both food and beverage. The 5 star restaurant will teach you all of the aspects of fine dining and how to execute them efficiently and correctly. The Sommelier team is outstanding and incredibly knowledgeable on all things wine. There is a lot to learn and benefit from working in an establishment like The Little Nell.
I am doing this because it is required
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 22, 2018
Come in the morning and check your email and do a lot of really awesome work things and go to meetings and try to make yourself look good without getting thrown under the bus
Fun workplace and support from all departments.
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 8, 2018
Arrival at the shop would include opening, distributing banks to 3-6 employees, preparing for the day, monitoring ski reports, snowfall, coordinating with other shop managers to ensure transfers and ski tunes were executed and delivered properly, and other basic duties.

I enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.
Amazing place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COFebruary 1, 2018
They really take care of the people employed here. I always felt heard and respected by my managers, there was ample opportunity to receive bonuses and raises. They reward good hard work with all manner of perks. You get discounts at local restaurants, a free season pass, etc. This is hands-down one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Skiing on your lunch break
Cons
Not applicable
Fun place
Ski lift mechanic (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COJanuary 29, 2018
It was a great place to work, we just couldn't make ends meet there. Would love to go back if we ever get the chance to do so. Skiing was always great!
Great Hotel
Director of Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJanuary 22, 2018
great place to learn the hostility business, great service culture as well as a good work life balance. I would highly recommend this anyone work for this company.
Pros
Cons
it is cold in aspen, Housing
Ski Company Culture
Pro Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Snowmass, CONovember 8, 2017
As a seasonal employee I did not feel like I belonged there. I did not feel welcome or a part of the company. It was work and then go home. Little training to prepare.
Pros
free lunch
What Can you say it Aspen Co
Ski lift maintenance (Former Employee) –  Aspen, CONovember 6, 2017
A truly fun place to work. Many fun and interesting to things to do. You are part of the team, and there are ton of exciting things to do year round. The work is rewarding and challenging.
Fun Place to work at
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 26, 2017
my manager was super helpful and understanding. The work environment was amazing. Aspen Colorado is a beautiful place. They really cared and took care of their guests.
Good place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 5, 2017
Good place to work. Benefits include a seasonal ski pass.
Awesome
Lifts (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COOctober 4, 2017
Great Place to work and i would highly reccomend it to anyone. Everyone should spend at least one winter in a ski town and theres no better ski town than aspen.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COSeptember 11, 2017
There are obviously some room for improvement but in the larger spectrum it is a good place to work in, with a lot of growth opportunity, good benefits, free employee food, paid time off and help with employee housing.
High volume, fast paced team effort.
Assistant Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 31, 2017
Working for one of the busiest and popular hotels in Aspen, CO was a great opportunity to enhance my skills in guest service. I not only had the pleasure of welcoming out of town guests, but enjoyed the presence of the local community in our lobby lounge. The fast paced environment could be challenging, but my ability to quickly troubleshoot any guest requests was lead with a sense of urgency. The most fulfilling part of the job was seeing guests return year after year and getting to know them personally, not just professionally. It heartwarming to have return guests ask about family, friends and care about you. Building those relationships did take some time! I would sometimes be at the hotel upwards of 15 hours a day in our busiest seasons.
Overall, I embraced the long hours and enjoyed the rewards of guest appreciation, great benefits and a great team atmosphere.
Great company to work for
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 15, 2017
ASC is a great company to work for. They are a progressive company that cares about their employees and the enviroment. They also have great benefits.
Best Job Ever
Chairlift Operator/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COJune 30, 2017
Got a snowmobile ride up the mountain every morning, got to play in the snow, and interact with happy people all day, co-workers & customers. Management had their act together, and were a pleasure to work for. Best work culture I have ever been apart of, Real Honest Work Hard - Play Hard attitude. Compensation left a lot to be desired, but everything else made up for it. So many great things about this job, the location, the weather, but most of all, the people.
Pros
Steep Deep Pow
Cons
Compensation and Benefits
Was very good my time working with that company but I had to move
Supervisor de housekeeping (Former Employee) –  The little NELL hotelJune 18, 2017
Tratan bien a sus empleados y no tienen diferencias between enybady they have a good benefits y valoran a su personal y su trabajo que desempeñan .
Pros
No hay días festivos pagados sólo días personales
Cons
With my posocition same times was take 30 minutes brake and sometimes not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Skiing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4