Aspen Skiing Company Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Un buen lugar
Cocinero A (Former Employee) –  Pitkin County, COAugust 17, 2018
El ambiente laboral es bueno, pero sus instalaciones y personal carecen de un buen trabajo en equipo y falta de equipo y espacio para trabajar
Pros
Buen lugar de trabajo
Cons
Mala comunicación y falta de equipo
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Dependienta (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, Colorado, Estados UnidosAugust 16, 2018
Actitud positiva para incluir el multiculturalismo dentro del ámbiente laboral, enriqueciéndose culturalmente a través de sus empleados.
Pros
Motivación y actividades recreativas organizadas para los empleados
Cons
Hubo recortes de horas de trabajo debido a la mala temporada en el centro de ski
Fun place to work
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 17, 2018
Being a ski lift operator was fun, but it can be boring sometimes since you are standing around for most of the day. But, you get a free ski pass and ski breaks so that helps.
Interactive open-minded place to work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COJuly 12, 2018
Working for Aspen Skiing Company was a memorable and life changing experience for me. The environment was interactive and I was surrounded by a diverse population of guests and co workers. Guest visiting from around the world and co workers all with a different story to tell. The work was fast paced and customer satisfaction was imperative. Teaching kids how to ski and providing them with memories they will never forget was truly rewarding. Working in a winter wonderland providing families with the most outstanding experience is a job I will never forget.
Good Benefits
HOA Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJuly 8, 2018
They offer good benefits, but managers need more support. Some managers are too hands on, others aren't hands on enough. They also don't seem to take the time to understand what management style works for the employee, nor who the employee is as a person.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management lacks support
Inconsistent
Valet/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 27, 2018
The Aspen Skiing company provides great benefits. However the scheduling is very inconsistent and the hourly pay is very low. You have the opportunity to make a lot in tips but it is also inconsistent.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
awsome place to work
cook1 (Former Employee) –  america coloradoMay 16, 2018
it was really exciting to wake up in the morning and going to work because there was always something new to learn from the world class chefs ,meeting new people and a lot of celebs ,the hardest part of the job trying to speak other culture
It was a nice place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 12, 2018
I learned to do house keeping , supervising.
It had good benefits including ski pass
People were Nice
It was only seasonal job
Included free lunch
Great job in the Colorado Rockies
Lift Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMay 7, 2018
I worked with the Aspen Skiing Co. from 1990 till 2016. During this time I started in the front lines of one of the most prestigious ski resorts in the world. My initiative and leadership qualities allowed me to progress into managerial positions.

My days were consistently full and interesting. I had wonderful and diligent team members and managers that were as invested as I was in providing exceptional guest service at all levels. From this, I learned that in order to be successful, one needs to be surrounded by succesful people.

The workplace culture was one of pride in a job well done and everybody working together towards a clear vision and attainable goals, while maintaining fiduciary responsibility.
Pros
Ski Pass, Health Plan, 401k, private ownership
Cons
weather dependent
Very fun work environment with a locker to place your things etc.
Rental Cashier (Current Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COApril 23, 2018
I enjoy working for this company, but it is very seasonal work with everything fairly expensive (groceries, living expenses, etc.) Almost nowhere is open from when the mountains close-mid june. and again in the fall from labor day until Thanksgiving. Just make sure if you do stay through the off-seasons seek year round employment which is scarce or manage your money accordingly.
Pros
free lunches/dinners
Cons
not many breaks
Awesome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COApril 18, 2018
An incredible adventure and if you are thinking about applying, do it! You have the opportunity to snowboard and work. Just try not to party too much.. just kidding.
An adventure of a life time.
Fast paced, high end, high volume establishment with an amazing wine program!!
Cocktail Waitress/ Back Server (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COApril 7, 2018
Amazing opportunity to expand your knowledge on both food and beverage. The 5 star restaurant will teach you all of the aspects of fine dining and how to execute them efficiently and correctly. The Sommelier team is outstanding and incredibly knowledgeable on all things wine. There is a lot to learn and benefit from working in an establishment like The Little Nell.
I am doing this because it is required
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 22, 2018
Come in the morning and check your email and do a lot of really awesome work things and go to meetings and try to make yourself look good without getting thrown under the bus
Fun workplace and support from all departments.
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 8, 2018
Arrival at the shop would include opening, distributing banks to 3-6 employees, preparing for the day, monitoring ski reports, snowfall, coordinating with other shop managers to ensure transfers and ski tunes were executed and delivered properly, and other basic duties.

I enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.
Amazing place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COFebruary 1, 2018
They really take care of the people employed here. I always felt heard and respected by my managers, there was ample opportunity to receive bonuses and raises. They reward good hard work with all manner of perks. You get discounts at local restaurants, a free season pass, etc. This is hands-down one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Skiing on your lunch break
Cons
Not applicable
Fun place
Ski lift mechanic (Former Employee) –  Snowmass Village, COJanuary 29, 2018
It was a great place to work, we just couldn't make ends meet there. Would love to go back if we ever get the chance to do so. Skiing was always great!
Great Hotel
Director of Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COJanuary 22, 2018
great place to learn the hostility business, great service culture as well as a good work life balance. I would highly recommend this anyone work for this company.
Pros
Cons
it is cold in aspen, Housing
Ski Company Culture
Pro Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Snowmass, CONovember 8, 2017
As a seasonal employee I did not feel like I belonged there. I did not feel welcome or a part of the company. It was work and then go home. Little training to prepare.
Pros
free lunch
What Can you say it Aspen Co
Ski lift maintenance (Former Employee) –  Aspen, CONovember 6, 2017
A truly fun place to work. Many fun and interesting to things to do. You are part of the team, and there are ton of exciting things to do year round. The work is rewarding and challenging.
Fun Place to work at
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 26, 2017
my manager was super helpful and understanding. The work environment was amazing. Aspen Colorado is a beautiful place. They really cared and took care of their guests.