ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Great Company Great Management Team
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2018
If you are looking to work for a company with a feel of family, Aspen Square Management is for you!!! Managers that have your best interest and who support you in every way possible.
Was a ok place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2018
Health benefits are extremely expensive. People were fun and easy to work with but when you've invested 18 months of your life and you have a family to support, they pull the rug out from under your feet and lay you off because they can't manage a budget it's pretty sad especially when they start advertising to fill the the job you were laid off from 4 months later without a call back. Christmas bonus was a towel....guess that says how much they value you as an employee.
Cons
No job security at all
Horrible company. Does not care about its employees
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAOctober 11, 2018
Maintenance foreman on a power trip. He has an excellent crew and treats them like garbage. Constantly hiring, firing, and rearranging everyone's positions. The place is a disaster. Every property is an unorganized mess, you can't find your supplies half the time and its always someone else's fault. Don't do it.
Also, he hires you for a maintenance position then decides to put you on the "renovation team" when you start. I should have sued them.
Pros
None. One of the worst places I've worked.
very informative job with potential experince growth
Maintenance Foreman (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJuly 24, 2018
All in one management group. Allows one the time to grow within the company and find their potential abilities. Recognizes individual advancements and properly promotes accordingly. Only set back is no pay increase. One is more than likely to receive the same pay rate throughout his/ her tenure there.
Pros
great helping technicians with individual skill sets
Cons
Slim chances of pay rate advancements
Amazing company to work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIJuly 23, 2018
Aspen is fantastic, I would return to work for them in a heartbeat. The upper management from home office always has your back and work together with their managers as a team along with their leasing teams and maintenance crew. I always felt like I was important in my role and maintained a "Whatever it takes" attitude to ensure that our residents were happy.

Of course no company is perfect, I hired in as a leasing agent in 2012 and worked my way up to assistant manager and finally property manager through 2017. I always felt my pay was fair and the benefits were decent. I worked at 4 locations in Michigan some of which i was simply helping out at when needed, and I was always happy to do. The only downside from my perspective is that they sell and buy properties often which is understandable from a business standpoint but as an employee that loves working for them but is unable to relocate makes it a bit difficult. Either way, I'm always looking forward to them returning to my area-where I would certainly love to return to my Aspen work family.

They make you feel like family both on the corporate management side and within my own community, having gone through a couple property sales and experiencing other owners/management companies I find it tough to work for anyone else other than Aspen.

Keep up the great work Aspen...and the only advice I'd like to give is COME BACK TO MICHIGAN!! :)
Pros
Great corporate leadership, fair pay/benefits, professional environment
Cons
Sell properties often
Solid company
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 19, 2018
Great company for first times in the apartment industry company doesn’t use a lot of vendors mostly done in house. Company compensation is adequate as far as overtime and being paid on call
Would not recommend
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 4, 2018
You are underpaid and over worked. Property management was nice to deal with, however, the management overseeing the maintenance side was rude and degrading at times.
Community Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2018
Overall it was a great place to work. There was a huge turnover in management which meant management styles were always changing. It was a fast pace environment and I always enjoyed visits from upper management, they always got things done.
Summer meant long hours of tours and shuffling paperwork on top of your positional duties and the upper management usually treated us to meals during the extra long days.
Pros
Upper management, work flow, benifits
Cons
management turnover, property layout
Would not receommend
Building Maintenance/HVAC technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 17, 2018
Work day was some times enjoyable, busy but many more days were stressful when suppose to be in 3 different places at once. The on-call schedule comes around about every 3 weeks and that was sometimes hades. Calls at 2:00, 3:00 a.m. Some days no more than get home from 1 call and have to go right back out to another call. frustration when you cant get a day off for medical appointments. The raises aren't raises for merit, they are "cost of living" raises.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
treaed like a mushroom, kept in the dark & fed ......
Productive and Fast Paste
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 17, 2018
Overall, Aspen Square was an incredible company to work for. One of the most notable aspects of this company is the opportunity for growth within.The corporate management will recompense individuals who show their dedication, both in promotions and bonuses.
Aspen offices offer a fast-paced, competitive environment, all while working as a team. Yes, problems arise in any apartment community, but at the end of the day you have an experienced team of people supporting you.
Easy, fun job
Leasing and Marketing Professional (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 14, 2018
Easy job. Great for someone who is very outgoing and bubbly. Good start to learn sales tactics. Must work really hard for promotions, small company but if you're willing to relocate you will have a better chance of advancing.
Fast-Paced Workplace With Exceptional Opportunity for Growth
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 15, 2018
Overall, Aspen Square has been an incredible company to work for. One of the most notable aspects of this company is the opportunity for growth within. Since starting a couple years ago, I've been promoted from Leasing Associate, to Traveling Manager, to managing properties in a set location. Each promotion offered a pay raise, but more importantly the opportunity to prove yourself further. The corporate management will recompense individuals who show their dedication, both in promotions and bonuses. Many of the corporate managers were also promoted within and have been working for Aspen for years. Their knowledge and incite is incredibly helpful, while they also value those who contribute new ideas.
Our offices offer a fast-paced, competitive environment, all while working as a team. Yes, problems arise in any apartment community, but at the end of the day you have an experienced team of people supporting you. They make it possible for us to make others happy- at the end of the day that's one of the best parts of my job.
Competitive, fast paced, work invironment with great incinotives and plenty of in company advancement
Property foreman (Current Employee) –  naples floridaMarch 9, 2018
I've loved working for aspen and in the four years ive worked with them have gotten several promotions and have been moved to several different properties, each coming with new and exciting challenges. Wonderful company for anyone who is self motivated, fast paced, and willing to learn and grow within the company.
Fun fast pace working environment
Maintenance Foreman (Current Employee) –  Naples, FlMarch 9, 2018
Fun fast pace working environment with room to grow within the company and great insurance plans and amount of time offered off, 401k plans are offered
Pros
great compensation, good room for advancement, good working environment
Great career path
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples FloridaMarch 9, 2018
Received all the support and leadership to help me succeed at every level from a property tech to District Operations Manager. Favorite part of my job would be building, training, leading teams and watching them succeed.
Pros
Support and leadership
Cons
the best decision I ever made was to leave
Leasing and Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 28, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone I loved. The management is very unprofessional. Employees are often under a lot of stress. Barely any opportunities for growth.
Pros
snacks
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Traveling Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Every day brings something different and a lot to learn about the industry of multi-family property management. The management is great to work with and they are very supportive and want to see you grow within the company. They have amazing work culture.
Great Company, Competitive pay
Senior Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working with Aspen! My day can be stressful but that comes with the territory. I have always felt supported by my superiors and the team dynamic is awesome. As in any company there are a few things that could be changed.

Their bonus structure is pretty solid. The training for new employees can be a bit lacking however it is getting better. They are implementing some exciting new things and are always staying competitive in the industry.

Upper management stays in touch and visits often.
You are given the tools you need to run your community as your business and its all in your hands with guidance.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
PTO is lacking
Hostlite
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 23, 2018
Not sure where to start, but If you are reading this review it means you are probably considering working or applying with Aspen Square Management.
The company management style is very intimidating and gossiping leads the way. Very unprofessional corporate members. They do not care at all for their employees, numbers only. They have clearly forgotten that the success of a company is based on the way employees perform, and happy and employees would result in happy customers.
The fact that they are constantly placing hiring ads, should signal their higher turn over rate.
Pros
Dental insurance
Positive work environment
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Positive work environment, everyone is working towards the same goal & pushing each other to do so. Work as a team to improve the work environment.
Upward movement with in the company. Open door policy to speak with superiors if there is a problem. The company always has your back & is always looking for your best interest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASPEN SQUARE MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight