Aspen Technology Employee Reviews

Enriching and learning environment
Receptionist/Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2018
I was the receptionist and was trained in all the office services positions. The cultures was relaxed and fun . The most enjoyable part of the job was being the face of the company and making a great first impression to everyone who walked through the doors!
Tolerable
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJuly 14, 2018
Aspen is okay place to work if your looking to enjoy 3 day weekends and decent pay for 40 hours a week. No overtime is accepted though. 30 minutes for lunch.
Pros
3day weekend
Cons
No overtime
Smart people, diverse projects, poor upper management, low salary
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 26, 2018
Large turnover of people, more people leaving than being hired; this creates a large learning curve for near hires and retained employees being stretched more thin.

This started about 6 months ago and seems like it will only keep on that trajectory. I have been here for 2.5 years and I have yet to get a promotion.
Aspen Tech is full of good people - not so much fun - but competent
Sales. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
good products and has more potential - commercial attitude is a win lose instead of win win. has alienated many customers and is limiting their growth. Risk of loss is high as a result and doesn't justify the perceived wins of pushing as hard as they do. Run by financial group rather than sales - has to do with material weaknesses discovered during tumultuous times.

Good technology - decent vision - executes well - strategy and process needs improvement
TOXIC environment would be an understatement
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 26, 2018
Constantly being lied to about advancing your career. Everyone is cut throat and willing to throw even the hardest working employees under the bus. No collaboration amongst teams. Management was incredibly inexperienced or completely inconsistent. Most of the processes, including their financial processes, were archaic to put it lightly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management, micro management, toxic environment
Rubber, Molding, Injection
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNFebruary 27, 2018
While I was working at Aspen Technologies I was trimmed parts, working the line and inspection. I also enjoyed getting along with my coworkers. I also got a great promotion.
ok job
Team Leader, machine operator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 12, 2017
A typical day at work is woking super hard and not getting credit for it. learned to not expect to much out of the company no matter how long u work there.The job is easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving getting off work.
bad company
Cell Leader/ Production (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 1, 2017
When I was working there they would let people go for no reason and they would hire people with less pay. Until I found out that they were getting rid of the ones who was pay more money.
I enjoyed working in Aspen Technology.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  2500 Citywest Blvd, Houston TexasSeptember 19, 2017
I worked 3.5 years in Aspen Technology. Some of my ex colleagues from this company are very close friends to me now.I left from the job due to my maternity leave. I could not extend my leave. I took break from work and spent time with my kids.
Work only 4 days a week
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNJuly 24, 2017
You only work 4 days a week, but the pay is not at good at all. The job itself is not hard. If you like having weekends off and don't have many bills this would be the ideal place to work.
Overall experience
SR. Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
I really liked working for this company in all positions.
The atmosphere was fun and the assignment/responsibility were challenging.
Training was provided but not always in the time frame where needed.
Horrible job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJune 16, 2017
Doesn't know how to treat employees. Pays nothing. Will find any reason to fire you. Doesn't care about your health at all. Management is rude to everyone
Cons
Aspen can be a very challenging place to work. Work is at a hectic pace and management provides little direction relative to its long term plans
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 21, 2017
The major emphasis is to get the job done. There does not seem to be much emphasis on the process of creating consistent work products, but there is an expectation that work products need to be fixed.

As a positive, people work together well and are willing to collaborate. The people at Aspen are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
People, compensation
Cons
Lack of a focus on process
worst company to work for
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 2, 2017
aspen technologies does not value there employees at all and they treat you bad for no reason and they expect you to be perfect. the pay is horrible. i worked there for 3 years and got only a $0.35 raise every year i was there and i am a great worker. this is the worst factory i have ever worked for and i have worked at a few factories. this place is a joke.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, very hot environment, air shouldn't be breathable
Would not recommend
Sr. Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
Started as a great place to work many moons ago, but the culture took a turn for the worst many years ago. I'm sad to say that it has only gotten worse instead of improving.
Workday
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 14, 2017
Current work day is reviewing deal models for sales, renewing support contracts on a worldwide basis. Daily routine is exciting and involves due diligence and a high ethical passion.
Do not even consider coming to this company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 21, 2017
This company has too many family members: several marriages, cousin-nephew-uncle connections, father-son, etc. Ethics has been questioned since its early days.

This is a monopoly and the most important skill is the acquisition of small competitors. They discovered that, when too large, they almost collapsed. As such, no recommended for young engineers willing to make a great technical career.
Pros
You will learn to use the most widely used simulator
Cons
You will be tired after the first year with two and up to three releases every year.
The managment team stinks
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJanuary 16, 2017
The Favoritism in the factory is bad, if they don't like you, you know it. Co-workers there are the best. Their raises don't come until you've been there a year and it's a set amount for everyone.
Pros
Hardly any overtime, 3 day weekends
Cons
Short breaks, management lies, raises are yearly
Semi-young employee work culture
Engineer 1 for Research and Development (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 10, 2017
starting in the summer of 2012, the company had a new higher initiative to higher young recent graduates to help renew the employee culture workforce.
Pros
Young, Active work environment both in/outside of the office
Cons
Details are often communicated poorly between higher management and employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 2, 2016
There is NO Job Work/Life Balance! As far as job culture, most stressful environment I ever worked in and the people are not appreciated. Many hard working co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss