Aspira

Aspira Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews
The work felt minimal and I didnt feel like I could grow. Pay and benefits were great. Coworkers and managers were fantastic. Just the work was boring.
I’ve worked here for 7 years and have yet to see any advancement and I’ve undertaken extra responsibilities while maintaining an average QA of 95%(don’t even get me started on the QA they will find any reason to nitpick your score just so they don’t have to give you a 100) All the support staff and supervisors pick favorites and if you suck up to someone enough you can get prompted to a supervisor, Qa specialist or team lead; better yet they just come up with a new position out of thin air and slap a fancy title on it just so they can promote their buddies. You’ll take on all the responsibilities of a federal employee without any of the benefits IE-You always work Christmas Eve and Blackfriday even though no other federal employees work those days. Health care is a joke you’re gonna pay a co-pay $100 just to go to a Urgent Care, The pay is joke considering the type of training and information you have to know/use on a daily basis (Security is taken to the extreme) If it snows 5ft w/2 inches of ice on top you’re still expected to come to work, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES ( I have worked multiple days when the state of Maryland declared a national emergency weather related or recently the COVID outbreak; don’t get me started on how they handled that what a joke) One day a water line busted and they were so dead set on having us work they rented porta potties and hand washing stations WHAT A JOKE. You could have 80 hours of PTO banked up and call in sick on the slowest day of the year and still get an occurrence, PTO is hard enough to use as they never - more...
Pros
Cons
Nepotism, No advancement based on your skill
Aspira has been a good place to work for me. I have had opportunities to cross train and advance in the company. The company cares about its employees.
My colleagues and Manager are great to work with.
They have a realistic outlook of how the work environment and personal environment coexist.

Casual dress attire is a plus.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Work as federal government contractor as call center rep. During the Covid-19 outbreak we are deemed essential. During first two weeks of the crisis in March, there was near zero communication from anyone in regard to our status or working conditions with the exception of an email sent reminding us to clean our desks and wash our hands. It was business as usual in that building each day as the cramped conditions we work in made everyone more and more anxious. As we kept hearing about temporary pay raises for other workers forced to continue, nothing from Aspira. Even under normal circulation we are making much less than those we are serving as even an entry level federal worker is making more than us with much better benefits. During a national crisis they need to acknowledge how hard our job can be in such a trying time. Most of us are still very grateful to be working, but no communication and no stepping up by our company has many of us feeling like it may be time to move on. Our jobs are not easy, the amount of knowledge needed to perform this job is extreme and things are constantly changing. After all of this is over I feel alot of valuable people who are very good at there jobs will be leaving.
I always say your job should be something that u enjoy doin. But they way one person can chang a whole atmosphere is just crazy. The new director is a complete butt head. He thinks he can talk to ppl any way. Its really sad. Keeps telling ppl to be professional but doesn't know how to do it his self. But love all my students and parents.
Government holidays off
Teaches you the stocks

They do not offer overtime

Unorganized

Will offer extra time but will not pay overtime for it

Giveaway Raffle tickets and gift cards
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with teenagers and help them follow their dreams. The culture was very inspiring to help students to prevent that they drop school.
Felt greatly inspired by both coworkers and children. Small group setting with a balanced ratio of instructors and children; important diverse topics to be discussed in classroom as well as fun activities for both the kids and you as instructor to bond with
The atmosphere at Aspira was very welcoming, the staff were helpful, my supervisor helped me reach my goals in the short time I was there due to it being an 8 week summer youth position.
Pros
Learn the basic, great hours & helpful staff
Cons
Extremely short term employment
This is a full-time or part-time work from home opportunity. That's what makes it great is the work at home. The company trains for all the states that are partnered with the company.
Pros
Commute is your hone office
Cons
Mostly seasonal, slows down after Labor Day
A typical day I came in and we met with our instructors got our assignments and began to work or sometimes we would play icebreakers. I researched places for low- income families to visit that lived in the Philadelphia area. An example would be RiverRink Summerfest and Winterfest. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go to different parts of the city.
When you step into work everyone greats you like how you want to be and their are no bad terms with everyone. Some of the hardest part of the job are helping people around you
I have no comment about this company nor will I leave a review. The person must figure out the job for themselves and make their own decisions about this place.
Easy job needs more work motivation and better pay. If you come to work as scheduled your can easily get a promotion. People move around the company all the time.
ASPIRA is a well known organization for Latinos. As an employee there I had a good experience. However, I’m seeking for a better job opportunity to grow in the transportation business.
Unless a superior finds you appealing/attractive, it’s very hard to advance here. I hope your flirt game is strong, otherwise get comfy not advancing.
Really enjoyable W@H, they try and schedule around you if needed, and the managers are pretty great people. Only downside is that the pay is low for the quantity of work they expect you to do.
The work is fast pace but, the atmosphere is relaxed, just keep up with attendance and metrics and you'll do well working for Aspira. The coaching was excellent. The training team were very supportive and knowledgeable.
It was a great job and good learning experience my coworkers were the best part about my day there. I t would be a good fit for any young adult. I really loved my job.
Pros
coworkers and lunches
Cons
short breaks and point system
nothing to say bad organizational skills never prepared, highly unsuitable for stable work rarely feedback was given, never has enough work life balance