AspiraNet Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive work place and very rewarding
Support Counselor II- Merced (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 24, 2018
I would work here again if they paid me more.
The pay is very low for what our expectations are as a support counselor.
The job we do is difficult and we deserve more praise.
Potential but lacking
Life Coach II (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 17, 2018
I appreciate my team at Aspiranet, however there is a clear gap between staff and management. The pay is poor and there is very little room to grow, even with a degree.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No advancement, poor pay, horrible communication, clients unheard.
Burn out and no support
Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 4, 2018
In the beginning the morale was good, then it changed and management began to micro manage employees instead of trust in their work. It got to a point where you are questioned for your work when you are trying so hard to stay afloat. No amount of work will ever add up and you will always feel like you are behind. You try so hard to work hard but in the end get condemned for not working hard enough. Management works you until there is nothing left and you are completely burnt out. This is a very hard place to work, and the agency doesn’t want to hire people to help so you get stuck doing 4-5 jobs and your own job. I would not recommend this place for employees who have families as you will hardly be home on time, and will work yourself until you have no energy.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Burn out, hardly take lunch or breaks, No support from management, lack of training, managers are always gossiping about others.
Physically and emotionally tolling but flexible and good intentions of company.
Support Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 20, 2018
Going in to this work I thought it would be the perfect job for me. While the company certainly provided great benefits to their workers and stood for supporting families and children, it had its cons to work through. A typical day looks like travelling anywhere in the county and meeting three, four or five clients for about an hour each. A pro to the job was definitely driving for roughly half the day but at the same time, this could backfire; for example, I often hit traffic on the way to from one client to another. Sometimes it seems like there's just not enough hours in the day to do all that is required. Company standards require documentation within 3 days of meeting a client for a session which often requires overtime for the employee to catch up. Another pro is that managers are flexible and willing to provide over-time if needed. Other pros include the flexibility with clients and making your own schedule, experiencing a variety of clients, a great collaborative team to work alongside you and clinical support when needed. Other cons include high-stress/anxiety, uncertainty of what the day brings and frequent schedule changes, and limited time with coworkers. Another con was that management wants workers to be very open and flexible with their schedules in order to serve families well...But beware this means that your plans for after the work day may end up coming second. In the end, I left the job only because I found it produced more stress and anxiety for me over the positive changes I could see in clients I worked with. Management is full of hard-working people who  more... are honestly trying hard to make a difference and provide a working environment that improves the cons listed above.  less
Pros
Cons
high-stress/anxiety, frequent schedule changes, limited time with coworkers, and working split-shifts
Excellent service provider for this community
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 16, 2018
Worked from 8-5 and had easy access to management for case reviews. Fairly easy job. However, pay rate is to low for a person with children. Management did attempt a caring work environment.
Cons
Health care to expensive for pay rate.
Eh
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMay 12, 2018
This place is no longer in business,however it was not all that great to work at. Few of the employees including one of the manager were very shady and would talk behind your back or would be insulting right to your face even though you had done nothing to them in the first place.
No consideration
Team member (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CA / Long BeachMay 10, 2018
Management was the worst acting like if they care for the client's well-being when budgeting was their 1st priority, closing cases knowing very well the client's didn't have enough support , care or reasources to continue as individuals in the outside world were triggers w no realistic coping skills were given to them by managers trying too hard to be a faciliator.
Pros
Clients, team members
Rewarding workplace
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 2, 2018
I loved working with troubled youth, this has been one of the best jobs I have had. The most enjoyable part about this job is helping out trouble youth.
Very poor management
ra not say (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 24, 2018
A typical day at work was "anything" goes with the manager. The youth were not so much as a problem as the management poor skills, lack of professionalism and gossip oriented employee evaluations. Very little training and expect manager to make decisions and arbitrary policies based on "gossip".
Do not recommend.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Very mediocre supervisor, gossip oriented evaluations and lack of solid training
Fun work environment with amazing coworkers and great training in social services with non profit.
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 23, 2018
This is a great place to use to gain great training to move forward in the next step in a career of helping families to become loving and caring as well as having the skills and tools to better the family system and become respectful citizens.
Pros
Organizing events, trainings and the office environment of the coworkers
Cons
Lack of raises, money matching job title and growth within

Want to know more about AspiraNet?

Ask a question
The most rewarding part of the work is the kids
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The company is under-staffed, under-resourced, gives very little support to workers. Prep time is limited. The work is demanding and difficult, emotionally exhausting at times.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
virtually no resources or support
Enjoyable Staff
IHBS Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 5, 2018
This job is incredibly challenging, as you and your treatment team work directly with at risk youth and their families. Although long hours are often associated with this position, this client and family driven model does produce amazing results. Participating in client's graduation from our program is the greatest experience for the team.
Pros
Continued training and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Long work hours, including on-call rotation
changes
Family Support Specialist/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 3, 2018
changes are always good but sometimes thing happen which makes things fall short due to lack people skills adults may have. THere are some great people working here and learning new things do not seat well with certain people.
Official response from AspiraNet
January 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. As a current employee, your feedback is especially valuable. I would advise taking a few minutes to speak with your direct Supervisor, or a Supervisor within your department. In order to address your concerns, management needs to be informed of the situation so they can address it head on. Good luck!

Great Place for Work Experience
Extended Care Services Life Coach (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 27, 2017
If you're looking to accumulate work experience specifically in this field, it's a great transition job to transition your way out to a better opportunity. The work itself can be stressful, but if you love what you do, you'll find the perfect balance.There's lots of entitlement when it comes to specific staff members. It usually comes from staff who spends more time complaining and less time working. There's lots of staff who have little life and work experience, which can hinder their ability to work with the TAY population. There's also staff who has lots of life and work experience, yet fail to meet the needs of the TAY population. Management should spend equal amounts of screening for hires as they do screening for their youth. A plus for this nonprofit is that they offer employment opportunities to former foster youth. Downside to this is that they enable the unwilling and create an environment where they can continue to make mistakes without consequences, which is interesting considering had they been in the housing program, they'd be quickly terminated from the program.
Pros
Flexibility, if used wisely.
Cons
Flexibility, when abused.
Fast paced environment
Janitorial Services (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 11, 2017
Great place with very supportive staff. I would highly recommend this company. I learned how to work as a time and also how to overcome obstacles on a daily basis.
Clinical Therapist III
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2017
I loved working at Aspiranet, I had two fantastic supervisors, autonomy, freedom and a great group of colleagues. I have never worked anywhere like this before. The pay is competitive if you are a recent graduate, but what you lack in financial compensation is more then made up with the freedom and flexibility to complete your job tasks. there are expectations to complete work in a timely manner.
Pros
flexibility
Productive caring work environment
Lead Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 7, 2017
Aspiranet was a great place to work, coworkers and management were caring and supportive. I would recommend Aspiranet to anyone who has a passion for helping youth!
Awesome company dedicated to helping children in need.
Foster Family Recruiter/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 6, 2017
Awesome group of people dedicated to helping children. I worked mostly on my own with little supervision needed. I loved my job there and was sad to leave it when I moved. I enjoyed helping families that were interested in helping children in need of a safe, loving home on a short term basis and even some ending up in adoption.
Pros
Same work schedule, Monday through Friday.
Cons
None I can think of.
Awesome co-workers, awful management and poor pay.
Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 28, 2017
The people you meet are awesome but there is a no fraternization policy stating that you can not hangout outside of work. Management wants to have absolute control over everything and if they lose control they freak out. Most of management are passive aggressive females that get offended by anything. Most times If you want something done you have to go above the program manager and sometimes the program director to HQ to get anything done. The CEO makes $300k plus yet those on the bottom barely make minimum wage.
Pros
10 days vacation and 10 sick days a year, make your own schedule, 11 paid holidays. Healthcare is nice.
Cons
Dental insurance costs money, vision insurance is not included. I think after a year they match 1% on 401k
Team members are great management is horrible
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 27, 2017
Team members are very positive people but management give 2 f.... about employees in professional as they introduced them self as managers then they called them selves supervisors ending w facilitators just confusing the agency w their roles very un organized and management is well label 100% lack of communication toward all team members
Pros
Building your own schedule
Cons
Youre lucky if you get a lunch, potty or break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AspiraNet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight