AspiraNet Employee Reviews

Very poor management
ra not say (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 24, 2018
A typical day at work was "anything" goes with the manager. The youth were not so much as a problem as the management poor skills, lack of professionalism and gossip oriented employee evaluations. Very little training and expect manager to make decisions and arbitrary policies based on "gossip".
Do not recommend.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Very mediocre supervisor, gossip oriented evaluations and lack of solid training
The most rewarding part of the work is the kids
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The company is under-staffed, under-resourced, gives very little support to workers. Prep time is limited. The work is demanding and difficult, emotionally exhausting at times.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
virtually no resources or support
Enjoyable Staff
IHBS Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 5, 2018
This job is incredibly challenging, as you and your treatment team work directly with at risk youth and their families. Although long hours are often associated with this position, this client and family driven model does produce amazing results. Participating in client's graduation from our program is the greatest experience for the team.
Pros
Continued training and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Long work hours, including on-call rotation
changes
Family Support Specialist/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 3, 2018
changes are always good but sometimes thing happen which makes things fall short due to lack people skills adults may have. THere are some great people working here and learning new things do not seat well with certain people.
January 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. As a current employee, your feedback is especially valuable. I would advise taking a few minutes to speak with your direct Supervisor, or a Supervisor within your department. In order to address your concerns, management needs to be informed of the situation so they can address it head on. Good luck!

Great Place for Work Experience
Extended Care Services Life Coach (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 27, 2017
If you're looking to accumulate work experience specifically in this field, it's a great transition job to transition your way out to a better opportunity. The work itself can be stressful, but if you love what you do, you'll find the perfect balance.There's lots of entitlement when it comes to specific staff members. It usually comes from staff who spends more time complaining and less time working. There's lots of staff who have little life and work experience, which can hinder their ability to work with the TAY population. There's also staff who has lots of life and work experience, yet fail to meet the needs of the TAY population. Management should spend equal amounts of screening for hires as they do screening for their youth. A plus for this nonprofit is that they offer employment opportunities to former foster youth. Downside to this is that they enable the unwilling and create an environment where they can continue to make mistakes without consequences, which is interesting considering had they been in the housing program, they'd be quickly terminated from the program.
Pros
Flexibility, if used wisely.
Cons
Flexibility, when abused.
Fast paced environment
Janitorial Services (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 11, 2017
Great place with very supportive staff. I would highly recommend this company. I learned how to work as a time and also how to overcome obstacles on a daily basis.
Clinical Therapist III
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2017
I loved working at Aspiranet, I had two fantastic supervisors, autonomy, freedom and a great group of colleagues. I have never worked anywhere like this before. The pay is competitive if you are a recent graduate, but what you lack in financial compensation is more then made up with the freedom and flexibility to complete your job tasks. there are expectations to complete work in a timely manner.
Pros
flexibility
Productive caring work environment
Lead Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 7, 2017
Aspiranet was a great place to work, coworkers and management were caring and supportive. I would recommend Aspiranet to anyone who has a passion for helping youth!
Awesome company dedicated to helping children in need.
Foster Family Recruiter/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CANovember 6, 2017
Awesome group of people dedicated to helping children. I worked mostly on my own with little supervision needed. I loved my job there and was sad to leave it when I moved. I enjoyed helping families that were interested in helping children in need of a safe, loving home on a short term basis and even some ending up in adoption.
Pros
Same work schedule, Monday through Friday.
Cons
None I can think of.
Awesome co-workers, awful management and poor pay.
Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 28, 2017
The people you meet are awesome but there is a no fraternization policy stating that you can not hangout outside of work. Management wants to have absolute control over everything and if they lose control they freak out. Most of management are passive aggressive females that get offended by anything. Most times If you want something done you have to go above the program manager and sometimes the program director to HQ to get anything done. The CEO makes $300k plus yet those on the bottom barely make minimum wage.
Pros
10 days vacation and 10 sick days a year, make your own schedule, 11 paid holidays. Healthcare is nice.
Cons
Dental insurance costs money, vision insurance is not included. I think after a year they match 1% on 401k
Team members are great management is horrible
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 27, 2017
Team members are very positive people but management give 2 f.... about employees in professional as they introduced them self as managers then they called them selves supervisors ending w facilitators just confusing the agency w their roles very un organized and management is well label 100% lack of communication toward all team members
Pros
Building your own schedule
Cons
Youre lucky if you get a lunch, potty or break
Lack of strong leadership
Agency Social Worker (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CA 92408September 7, 2017
The environment is overall pleasant, the benefits are very good. Aspiranet needs a stronger leadership, a team that is caring for their employees overall well-being.
September 12, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. At Aspiranet we are constantly striving to do better. Thank you for your response!

September 12, 2017

Thank you for the response. We aim to excel and improve. We offer a comprehensive benefits program for staff which includes Agency-sponsored medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, vacation, sick and holiday plan, and a full array of voluntary benefits.

Sink or swim
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CASeptember 4, 2017
I did not receive much training before I was given my first client to take into community settings. They are not a center based company so I was left on my own. My supervisor would occasionally answer her phone but for the most part I had to rely on my best, albeit inexperienced judgement.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lack of training
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your response, much appreciated. Your feedback will help us determine how we can improve training initiatives in our various programs. I will forward your response to senior management and HR to see how what we can improve training, particularly in Antioch.

Productive and a Learning experience
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 10, 2017
It was an experience that I am grateful to have, it taught me more information about children with Autism. It was a place that encouraged learning and overall patience.
Pros
Had a chance to pick our hours
August 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear you had a positive learning experience.

Enjoy the team and working together for clients.
Support Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 2, 2017
Major responsibilities include working one-on-one with youth and care provider in their home or community setting, providing interventions in support of identified behaviors and role modeling for the caregiver and other family members how to work with youth per the plan. As a valued child/youth and family team member, the Support Counselor II submit contact notes and provide feedback to the rest of the Aspiranet team.
Pros
Everthing
Cons
Not drive personal car.
August 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, Aspiranet strives to make every position meaningful and that each and every individual that works here is a valuable team member.

good place to work
Child Care Worker I (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 24, 2017
everyday is a different day so you never know what will happen.it can be crazy and hectic but you learn to adapt. There is always something to do so you never get bored.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
August 25, 2017

We appreciate your feedback! Indeed, everyday is a bit different which makes for a positive learning environment.

Not able to use my talent neither to apply my knowledge in Accounting
Contract Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2017
Due that I was hired as A/P assistant and I did file for the first 3-4 weeks I wasn't very happy at all due that I have my skills and experiences as an accountant. On my 4 or 5 week I was trained to help the Manager in Accounting to close contracts to bill and I enjoyed it a lot because I was using my knowledge in accounting, balancing and making percentages, as well as balancing all the deductions made for the employees in payroll to be able to match the totals. I also helped the Controller with Account Reconciliation to scan them and organize them. But now that he got updated I went back to help with the filing, reason I'm not that happy because I know I can provide more than that for the company and not using my talents.
Pros
Able to take my brakes whenever I want
Cons
Not able to join the holidays and sick days payable.
August 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one. I understand that at times your daily job functions can vary and that it might not always align to what you would prefer to be doing. I would encourage you to speak directly with your supervisor and share your feelings. Aspiranet supervisors are available to listen and see how they can support their staff members.

Residents are treated very well.
ccw1 (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 2, 2017
They pay administrators huge salaries, while giving virturally nothing
in pay and beneifits to the worker bees. Long work hours, shifts are fourteen hours long on weekends, with no overtime pay.There are no pay differentials for those who work swing or graveyard shifts.They do everything for the residents and nothing for the workers who take care of them.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Long hrs., low pay, no chance for advancement.
August 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive working experience and that you feel Aspiranet's compensation is not fair to all employees.

As one of the largest Social Services Non-Profits in California, Aspiranet continues their dedication to offer competitive wages and benefits to all employees.

This workplace was very flexible to my needs.
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 16, 2017
This work experience was very good. I had a diverse group of supervisors and cases that let me explore a lot of different clients and their particular needs.
Work feels like family
Support Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 16, 2017
I love my job and my co-workers are a joy to be around. I feel that management is open to suggestions and puts clients needs first. We value the whole team, which helps to build trust between everyone on your case. I feel very supported by the social workers that I have the privilege of working with and am always so honored by how much effort they put in to express how much they truly care for support counselors...the families that we work with can be a lot at times and I think they understand that! We work the foster youth, youth on probation, and youth with mental health needs, if that is not your thing then this may not be for you. Everyone here really works and does their best to see clients succeed, which is so awesome. I like that I get to be really creative with interventions when I work with clients. Also, there are committees that Aspiranet has such as the Fun Committee and Birthday Committee which helps to build rapport between coworkers and adds some fun to the office environment. We also have socials and yearly events that allow staff to come together. I don't know if office culture in other counties is different or not, but in the Bakersfield offices, it really feels supportive and comforting to work with others who have your back.
Pros
Work environment is positive, coworkers are very supportive, and truly care about the work they do
Cons
lower than average mileage reimbursement
September 12, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We strive for an excellent work environment. Our staff, clients, and families matter to us and we are glad you enjoy what we do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AspiraNet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight