Aspire Fitness Employee Reviews

District Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2018
This company could have been great but the executive management team was all family that didn't work so they relied on everyone else to the work and they are very insecure
Relaxed but beneficial to experience!
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631June 1, 2018
Relaxed but beneficial to experience! Sales experience acquired and a good knowledge of a working fitness environment. Relaxed but efficient workdays in keeping the gym running and clean.
Don't even think about it, just walk away
General Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 31, 2018
I have been in the fitness industry for 10 years and have never seen a more disorganized, lack luster, poor excuse for a gym than this one. The worst communicating team I've ever encountered. They don't pay their employees on time or even with the ADP service you sign up for at the beginning. If this review isn't enough to stop you from throwing your life away, check out their BBB and labor force reviews along with google and yelp.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Disturbing leadership
Poor management structure on top level
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2018
If you are looking for a good paying position the allows you to have a great work-life balance, Aspire is not for you. Overworked, underpaid, underappreciated with the executive management providing minimal support and your job is not guaranteed. It is common for lots of lateral movement with a notice to start at a new gym the next day.
Pros
Staff is great
Cons
Poor management, low pay, high hours
Horrible Work enviornment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 19, 2018
At aspire Fitness the management/owners are money driven. They do not care about the staff or the members as long as they get their money from them every month. If you are a basic front desk rep they require you to drive around for hours with no compensation. So most of your money that you make goes into gas or maintaining your car. This is a family owned business so unless you get in really good with the MOORES your job will never be secured. You make commission however the commission is pennies to how much they make off YOUR sale. Managers do not receive benefits.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, minimal pay
Great work environment!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 15, 2018
Awesome company to work for. They're young and growing, which can be rough;but if youre dedicated to helping them grow and your team grow - the possibilities are endless! My only complaint is the work/life balance.
Pros
Salary is good, growth potential is great, team is great and motivating
Cons
There is very little work/ life balance.
Whatever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIMarch 7, 2018
Bunch of dudes strutting around like roosters. Young crowd, didn't have organization. Kept postponing the opening date with members that already paid. Inconsistent , a clusterfudge. Standing around jumping at customers that walked in the door.
Pros
Cons
low pay
Dont work here
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIFebruary 2, 2018
Management is awful and unorganized, there is no oppurtunity for growth here either. Even the personal trainers left because of the pay. Save yourself the hassle and find a better company to work for with actual advancement.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Competitive and positive environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 15, 2017
Aspire has great opportunities for advancement. The culture is positive and conducive to personal and professional progress. The hardest part of the position I held was balancing multiple store responsibilities and travel. The most enjoyable part of the position was the people you get to interact with.
Pros
Competitive, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Stressful, performance/quota based
poor management
Sales Rep/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2017
I love being in the fitness industry, I would not recommend working for a company where the management was not located in the same state and only worried about making money and not his employees
Average front desk job.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 28, 2017
Greet and check in customers. General management is fine but corprate does not have a clue whats going on. I like the job itself but would not recommend to anyone.
Good job with good potential to grow and great management
Sales associate/ Front desk (Current Employee) –  Austell, GA1August 9, 2017
A typical day is that I'll wake up around 4:30 to be at work at 6am. I stay at the front desk and clean and organize the front for the next shift for about 2-3 hours while also helping and checking in members. Sometimes I will get tours for the gym around 9am-11 and if I don't, I do walkthroughs around the gym. I will ask members if they're okay if they need anything and clean up as needed.
Pros
Frees up the rest of my day, good pay and good management
Cons
I have to wake up very early (4:30 am) to be at work, sometimes deal with rude people.
High turnove rate, devauled employees, demotiving atmosphere
Training General Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 31, 2017
The Company tends to have a very high turnover rate. It seems to be because how it is run by the higher ups in the corporation. They believe that everyone is expendable and don't place value on almost any employee. This is sad because it could be a great gym. The staff that works there normally comes in with a great attitude and willing to go above and beyond for the company, they soon get demotivated and do not wish to give their best for the company, if anything they stay for the members because they form a bond with them and do not want them to get screwed over. All and all the company is ran bad from high to low and it is sad to see. Maybe one day they will get it right before it is too late.
Pros
Good staff, Nice gyms
Cons
No job security, high turnover, demotivates good ha woring people
Unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aspire fitnessMay 31, 2017
Where to begin...first of all owners are very rude, upper management is un organized. I'll just leave it at that or else I'll never finish, if your looking for a career I would move on from this company. Good luck to you all.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Do Your Job, Enjoy Your Job = Quick Advancements
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2017
If you don't have vision, don't waste your time applying here. As a new company, there are constantly things changing and moving around, but that is simply because they are learning what does and does not work. The company is expanding rapidly which gives a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement. There are employees who moved into management in a few months, and there are some who are at the top tiers of the company after only a few years.

There currently are not health benefits, 401k, etc. but those things come with time.

I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a place to grow, leave your mark, and really impact the people around you in a positive way. If you have vision for your life, enjoy the health and wellness industry, can roll with the punches and learn from mistakes, definitely get on board here and start working your way to a great place.
Pros
free gym membership, advancement opportunities, culture, some holidays off
Cons
structure and communication, compensation could be better, no health benefits
terrible management, high turn over
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 26, 2017
will hire any green kid off the street looking for a job due to the fact they run through employees like no job i have ever seen. during my time with the company i saw the general manager position be handed off to 3 different individuals. the management can be switched around from facility to facility on a whim. with new managers always in new clubs the home gym aspect is never established. very little interactions between employees and the clients. no structured raise program, little to no recognition for outstanding performance, but hey.. i guess you get a free gym membership
Terrible company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 21, 2017
Where do I start with this company. First off I was hired a few months ago and haven't officially started because the club I'm suppose to work at was under construction for an entire year. I wasn't compensated for training, then when I we finally started actually working there they compensated very poorly. $500 biweekly which is below the minimum wage if you're working 40 hours a week .It's a sales job so there would be a lot of potential to make some good money. But more than half of the members canceled their memberships after having to wait that long for the club to open so there weren't very many prospects to talk to. I absolutely don't recommend working for this company it's shady and unfair. There's a very high turnover rate and in the job interview they make a lot of false promises. Don't believe a word they say
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Everything else
Productive work place
Kid's Club Attendant/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton coFebruary 23, 2017
My typical day here was in the kids club, I woukd watch 1-10 children, for 90 minutes. The kids woukd either play with eachother or I would play games with them too! It was a good experiance over all!
Fun enviroment surrounded with a staff that is always striving to make their members feel welcomed
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 25, 2016
A typical day as an Operations Lead consists of doing a quick walk through at the beginning of my shift, take notes on any maintenance issues that need to be taken care of, and send in a stats report of from the day before. It has been a great opportunity to be able to learn the ins and outs of how to properly manage and operate a gym facility. The hardest part of my job was to create my own organized system to have things done smoothly and organize things that had not been taken care of before I arrived. What I enjoy the most about my job is creating a friendship with all the members that walk through the door and be apart of their journey towards fitness.
Pros
Possitive, high energy enviroment, Free membership
Cons
Unorganzed corporation
Positive
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 1, 2016
Aspire Fitness had a great atmosphere. The owners worked very well with your personal life and did everything they could to help you reach more clients. They were very encouraging and understanding, and never gave up on their employees.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours