Aspire Indiana Employee Reviews

So many educated personnel, so little understanding
Corporate Administrator (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INFebruary 2, 2019
Fairly new CEO is educated, as she frequently mentions, but lacks common sense and humility. CEO counts on chosen favorites comprised of cut-throat fraudsters. A handful of class-acts that are easily identified by the look of dread and zombie-like confusion from the idiots that surround them. Your choice - cut-throat fraudster or zombie apocolypse - you will be in one or the other. Keep your resume updated.
Pros
Free access to health center
Cons
Mind-numbing meetings
Management trouble
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJanuary 30, 2019
As I recall management and I had different visions of the technological direction of the organization.
The staff were very dedicated and provided quality services and I enjoyed contributing to their work.
Kiss your weekends goodbye!
Life skills coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2019
So Aspire decided to give all of the Life Skills Coaches raises 2 years ago to show their "appreciation for them" A week later it was a slap in the face cause they said well since we gave you this raise now you are required to work 1 weekend day every week. The brand new part timers have great schedules often not having to work weekends at all. You get a decent amount of PTO but it all gets sucked away being required to use it for every Holiday, if you want it off and weekends so you can see your family. The company stresses how they care about their employees but how can they really think this schedule is ideal? This schedule has made all of the full timers feel very unappreciated and expendable. Some of the full timers have been with the company for 5-10 + years.
Pros
Free medications and clinic and I enjoy working with the clients
Cons
see above
Poor place to work!!! Run!! Don’t waste your time!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 14, 2019
Management is absolutely horrible!! No pay increase an if you do happen to get one it might be a quarter but that’s only if they want to give you a raise! All managers an supervisor are in it for themselves an tell you only what you want to hear to get something they want. They care nothing about about their employees!! Horrible place to work!! Run ...don’t look back.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
Nothing good about this place!! Upper management sucks!
Aspire Indiana
Care Coordinator, Aspire Indiana (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 8, 2018
I did case management. Reviewed cases, went to home visits, Helped with filing for assistance, Assistance with insurance, educated clients and family members.

I spent more time keeping the grant than helping the clients. spent more time teaching the client to work the system that to help the client become independent.

Management did not like my religion and just assumed things about me. Management did not back up employees.
Meh.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 21, 2018
Aspire just doesn't appreciate their employees. Everyone is over worked, underpaid, too many chiefs and not enough Indians. You can't trust any of the supervisors/managers/etc, they're all too faced and in it for themselves. Those folks act like they're God's gifts to the world.
Positive work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INOctober 16, 2018
Fabulous place to work, very positive environment. A typical workday involved many meetings, collaborative sessions, and strategic plans. The most enjoyable part was the positive attitude of management and clinicians alike in achieving goals and objectives. The hardest part was implementing a new process on front lines.
Benefits Coordinator for Ticket to Work
Indiana Works Benefits Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 6, 2018
Answer phones and enter clients demographics into the Social Security Website.
Secure venues for the Consultants to hold seminars on “How to Return to Work on disabilities”
Make all the flyers and publications for those trainings
Make all training manuals for each session.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Not having resources available to people that truly needs it
HIV Case worker - Low salary and poor management
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 4, 2018
The job itself was fun and rewarding, but the HIV regional manager was terrible. There was very little support for the most part and constantly looking to save money, including mandatory days off to save on salary. The pay is much lower than many other areas that do the same job.
There is no room for promotion so this really is a temporary job until you find something else. This is particularly sad because clients will ask when you are planning on leaving.
This may be a good position for someone semi-retired who doesn't need much money, or perhaps someone who just got their degree and wants to build up experience in social work.
Pros
Rewarding work, training opportunities
Cons
Low pay, poor management, no career advancement opportunities
Excellent people to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoy the people I work with and my manager to I enjoy making the payments for medicare and medicaid I have the perfect hours in working 7:30-4:00
Pros
Get free perscriptions
Cons
I really enjoy everything
Stay away
N/A (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 9, 2018
The management at this employer is arrogant, the atmosphere is unfriendly, and the salaries are abysmal. I highly recommend staying away from this place.
A rewarding company
Life Skills Coach-SGL (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2018
Teach, train and observe critical skills that promoted independence in daily living that included developing natural supports, independent living skills developing skills to manage mental health symptoms, developing medication management skills, teaching problem-solving skills, social, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. Organized and conducted age-appropriate learning sessions individually and/or in groups. Teach using state guidelines/curriculums or utilized a structured training.
Pros
Is to witness the growth in the individuals and their families.
Negative work environment.
Wraparound Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 24, 2018
I have always met my productivity, have no write ups and have received my 1% raise each year. I am not a disgruntle employee. My position is unique that allows me minimum interaction with the main stream Aspire culture.

The culture of Aspire is fear based; no one really knows when they could or would loose their job. The threats of write ups are strong without supports for change. Most employees do not know how to work or participate in partnerships or withing a team.

Though Aspire is trying in some small steps to improve these things; those will long term employment are not, perpetuating negative attitudes and are highly protected within the organization. Those with longer term employment will target newer employees who will not kiss their butt or "bend" to their way of thinking.

Everything is a personality conflict and no investigation is done to find the true reasons behind these conflicts.

They operate strongly on the medical model. When interacting with families it is "my way or the high way". Clients are not considered experts and their voices of their treatment are discounted. Staff meetings are an going complaint session about families and little compassion on their challenges. It is a very "privileged" environment.

Honesty is not a value within the organization. They find honesty to be confrontational and aggressive. They "give" you the perspectives they want you to have and you are unable to challenge that in anyway. Ex. They sent out to all the employees a review of the benefits in detail to show each of us we were really getting the best deal
  more... and the best out there. I don't need you to evaluate my benefits for me. They keep telling us they are one of the best places to work. They make excuses for behavior without acknowledging past mistakes.

Training outside of the agency is not valued and I spend time educating myself on the areas that are needed for my work with families. I.e RAD and TBRI.
Pros
I am not on call for crisis as I previously was with other employment.
Cons
see review.
Culture and environment are toxic.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 18, 2018
I left Aspire on my own accord to accept a job that fit my skills and passions more closely. It was also a $15,000 pay increase. I loved the work I did at Aspire and the clients that I served, but I did not love the micromanagement. There is a great deal of personnel turnover at Aspire, and it's for good reason. The focus is on productivity percentages and revenue and not quality client care. I have been in Clinical staffing meetings where Clinical Managers and Supervisors were laughing about the conditions and circumstances of clients. It is a very unprofessional environment. Managers have been overheard talking negatively about and making fun of their employees, with their office doors open. There are many employees at Aspire who are passionate about the population they serve, but hate the work environment. If you are looking for a positive and fun work environment, I would not suggest Aspire.
Pros
Free lunches from Pharmaceutical Reps, good health benefits
Cons
Lack of empathy, concern or care about clients and employees, no upward mobility
Not recommended
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 5, 2018
Agency decided to replace all licensed therapists with non-licensed ones and life skills specialists 1 week before school began. Productivity is the focus of administration. Employees are treated with disrespect and contempt, if not favored by supervisors. Aspire offers low pay in a hostile work environment. Training is not offered for anything except documentation to avoid a large Medicaid payback from auditors. For a caring, knowledgeable professional, Aspire is a life-draining workplace that I cannot recommend to any prospective therapist.
Pros
Consistent paycheck
Cons
Hostile environment, low pay, no training, little time off, not family friendly, poor communication, employees are not valued, money is primary focus, schedule prohibits therapists from providing quality care to clients
Pretty Good Place To Work
Care Coordinator/Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2018
I'll keep it fairly brief. Worked here for several years and honestly I felt this was a good company with good employees. Show up, take care of your case load, eat lunch, type up your notes, go home. Every now and then go to meetings. Hardest part could be individual patients and all the driving, or maybe you like that kind of stuff. Great way to get your feet wet with psych work.
Pros
Free lunches, pays decent, management was good
Cons
Sometimes keeping up on your caseload can feel a little daunting, but not impossible.
Would not recommend more than 1 year
School Therapist and Behavioral Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 8, 2018
Poor management, stressful do not care about their employees. The are all about billing and numbers. Its more corporate than social based. Employees are overworked and underpaid.
Pros
good experience for mental health
Cons
poor management from the top down
overall positive experience
Addictions therapist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2018
I enjoy working there. I have nothing negative to say. Not my bet paying job but was not the worst either. If I ever came back to indy, I would go back if they would have me.
One of the best Mental Health Agencies I've worked for
Supervior (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2018
I have worked at many Mental health agencies, some connected to big time hospitals but I believe Aspire is a good organization striving to be great. Anytime you strive for greatness there are going to be naysayers or those that are not happy. Any time you go through change there is going to be those that are not happy. I have seen both happen within a short period of time. Going from good to great promotes change and those that can not handle greatness will most often times fall away BEFORE the manifestation of greatness. If you are seeking to provide GREAT client care and be a GREAT employee we want you here. Come and join the team...the benefits are awesome but the work culture and co-workers are better.
Pros
co workers, work culture, benefits, training, clients
Cons
as with most mental health agencies the pay could be better
Productivity focused
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INApril 9, 2018
The new CEO changed the morale of the company. She is extremely focused on productivity and less focused on employee self-care. Employees are tense and fearful.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Company focused on the bottom line