Aspire of WNY Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 19, 2018
everyone was so helpful seemed to are about the clients. you have the opportunity for fun things such as outings and trips and get paid . easy going work place
Ok but wouldn't work with me
SDS worker (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYSeptember 18, 2018
My kid ended up in the hospital and they wouldn't work with me. The person that I was working with know my situation going into me working and when it came down to it they didn't work with me at all.
Its an okay place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYSeptember 13, 2018
For sure a challenge but well worth working here. I feel that with the time you put in with the individuals really makes a difference. You always feel better especially when they are happy and smile.
Pros
Seeing happiness of individuals
Cons
can be stressful at times
Slow moving, non progressive company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2018
A company very stuck in there old ways. Great intentions, poor execution. Currently in the process of restructuring as of late 2018. I truly hope the restructuring works for the benefits of who Aspire serves and their employees -although the same CEO is in charge.
Pros
Long breaks, some relaxed management
Cons
Ceo, no pay raises
Awarding and feeling of accomplishment
Facilitator of life choices (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYAugust 26, 2018
Working for Aspire has made me experience many opportunities of accomplishment. I was working with individuals with disabilities but not limitations. I would watch them complete goals in volunteering, in the community and self growth. A typical day would be completing goals of exercise, cooking and volunteering. Some enjoyed learning about their community and walking around the city and taking in the different businesses or the local art on the buildings. Some individuals need personal care, but are very independent in other areas. The best part of the day was when they stated they had a fun day and couldn't wait to do it again. What I learned from working at Aspire was patience, understanding, diversity and creating a bond with a individual.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No consistent raises
Aspire of WNY: Great set of ethics and care for individuals
Facilitator of Life Choices (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
Most days I work with the individual and we do whatever they would like to do. My primary job is to get them to where they need to go while maintaining their schedule and keeping them task oriented.
Pros
Great code of ethics, amazing individuals
Cons
No breaks/benefits, no chance for raise/advancement
Great
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYAugust 14, 2018
Aspire is a great company overall, if you’re able to handle taking care of an individual and put there needs before yours than it would be the perfect fit for you
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Not a lot of hours
did not like working there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 17, 2018
It wasn't always a bad place to work. When certain people left no one cared about the nursing department. For a while, we had an acting nursing supervisor who was not even a nurse. They finally hired a nursing supervisor. She was only interested in making herself look good to upper management. It wasn't always like this for years we had a great nursing supervisor too bad she retired.
Pros
could start early that is why I stayed. flexed schedule
Cons
poor communication between upper management and other staff
Not for the weak
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJuly 1, 2018
Working at this job I was constantly beat up and getting harassed and when you make a report about it, no one bothers to correct the behavior, and when you go out in public with a resident and they have disruptive behavior it becomes your fault. The manager was never there,
Pros
The drive to work
Cons
Being at work
Unprofessional
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2018
Unorganized and unprofessional. Was offered a job face to face from my "supervisor" but he had no idea who I was and the job wasn't meant for me so it was promptly revoked (even though i accepted) and offered to my co-worked 30 seconds later. Never got an offer letter to stay on staff after summer and received a phone call asking why I wasn't coming into work (in September) when I wasn't made aware of my extended employment status. Teachers have low motivation and activities like music are the same two songs every time. Pay is unlivable.
Pros
students are awesome
Cons
pay, Hr, you are a set of hands to meet federal guidelines, they do not care about you
Rewarding helping people with disabilities
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, NYMay 10, 2018
Unorganized management practices. Would like a new job in my field of study. The days go by fast and it is rewarding but ready to start something new.
love working with the individuals
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
Working for Aspire of WNY was a teaching experience for me . it taught me to more compassionate and to have more patience. it made me a better person.
Great people and patients
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 9, 2018
I love the patients and people there..... Pay is very low though and at times very stressful. A lot of work to be done in a very short period of time.
Wonderful People to work with, Upper management in need of perspective
Manager (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 3, 2018
Working with people with developmental disabilities has been an absolute joy. The culture is team-oriented for the most part, and Aspire is a big agency, so there is room to move up or try new positions. That being said, Aspire is one of the lowest paying agencies that service people with disabilities in this area. Upper management don't seem to have an understanding of the day-to-day work, and don't offer the support to their managers that they deserve.
Pros
Great Benefits, Fulfilling work, on the job training
Cons
low salary, poor upper management
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NY 14068March 26, 2018
it was just okay good overtime and thats about it poor management open hours based pay raised needed thats about it I'm not sure what you want from me
a job that just made you feel good for helping people
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 6, 2018
The work load was pretty steady and large. We all interacted with almost everyone in the accounting department, on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job, the volume of invoices that come in, but once you got rhythm going it was easier Management was always approachable, and around when you needed them. All around a great company to work for. I worked for them form 1988-1998,
and the again from 2007-2008. .
very rewarding
Assisting Individuals (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NY 14750February 6, 2018
loved working with co-workers and individuals. You make lifetime friends working there. To be able to motivate people to convince them they can do anything they put their mind to and see them succeed is the best.
Direct Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 27, 2018
This is a great employer with advancements and also room to grow within the company the PTO is earned weekly which is a plus and the mangers are good as well.
Pros
Weekly PTO
dedicated and patientence
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Silver Creek, NYJanuary 23, 2018
aspire isnt the easiest job to work, not saying its difficult or bad hours or anything like that it just takes a certian type of person to be able to care for special needs. lots of patience is needed. pay should be better but cant blame the company for it
Supportive Staff
Certified Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I loved my job and my clients. I was given challenges every day, and my supervisor was very understanding when I couldn't make it in. You are treated like family, and not just an employee.
Pros
Very understanding when life happens
Cons
Short breaks, and not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspire of WNY. Our community is ready to answer.