Aspire of WNY Employee Reviews

did not like working there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 17, 2018
It wasn't always a bad place to work. When certain people left no one cared about the nursing department. For a while, we had an acting nursing supervisor who was not even a nurse. They finally hired a nursing supervisor. She was only interested in making herself look good to upper management. It wasn't always like this for years we had a great nursing supervisor too bad she retired.
Pros
could start early that is why I stayed. flexed schedule
Cons
poor communication between upper management and other staff
Unprofessional
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 15, 2018
Unorganized and unprofessional. Was offered a job face to face from my "supervisor" but he had no idea who I was and the job wasn't meant for me so it was promptly revoked (even though i accepted) and offered to my co-worked 30 seconds later. Never got an offer letter to stay on staff after summer and received a phone call asking why I wasn't coming into work (in September) when I wasn't made aware of my extended employment status. Teachers have low motivation and activities like music are the same two songs every time. Pay is unlivable.
Pros
students are awesome
Cons
pay, Hr, you are a set of hands to meet federal guidelines, they do not care about you
Rewarding helping people with disabilities
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, NYMay 10, 2018
Unorganized management practices. Would like a new job in my field of study. The days go by fast and it is rewarding but ready to start something new.
love working with the individuals
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
Working for Aspire of WNY was a teaching experience for me . it taught me to more compassionate and to have more patience. it made me a better person.
Great people and patients
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 9, 2018
I love the patients and people there..... Pay is very low though and at times very stressful. A lot of work to be done in a very short period of time.
Wonderful People to work with, Upper management in need of perspective
Manager (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 3, 2018
Working with people with developmental disabilities has been an absolute joy. The culture is team-oriented for the most part, and Aspire is a big agency, so there is room to move up or try new positions. That being said, Aspire is one of the lowest paying agencies that service people with disabilities in this area. Upper management don't seem to have an understanding of the day-to-day work, and don't offer the support to their managers that they deserve.
Pros
Great Benefits, Fulfilling work, on the job training
Cons
low salary, poor upper management
Residential Habilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NY 14068March 26, 2018
it was just okay good overtime and thats about it poor management open hours based pay raised needed thats about it I'm not sure what you want from me
a job that just made you feel good for helping people
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 6, 2018
The work load was pretty steady and large. We all interacted with almost everyone in the accounting department, on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job, the volume of invoices that come in, but once you got rhythm going it was easier Management was always approachable, and around when you needed them. All around a great company to work for. I worked for them form 1988-1998,
and the again from 2007-2008. .
very rewarding
Assisting Individuals (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NY 14750February 6, 2018
loved working with co-workers and individuals. You make lifetime friends working there. To be able to motivate people to convince them they can do anything they put their mind to and see them succeed is the best.
Direct Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 27, 2018
This is a great employer with advancements and also room to grow within the company the PTO is earned weekly which is a plus and the mangers are good as well.
Pros
Weekly PTO
dedicated and patientence
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Silver Creek, NYJanuary 23, 2018
aspire isnt the easiest job to work, not saying its difficult or bad hours or anything like that it just takes a certian type of person to be able to care for special needs. lots of patience is needed. pay should be better but cant blame the company for it
Supportive Staff
Certified Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I loved my job and my clients. I was given challenges every day, and my supervisor was very understanding when I couldn't make it in. You are treated like family, and not just an employee.
Pros
Very understanding when life happens
Cons
Short breaks, and not enough staff
Not a great play to be
Day Habilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 10, 2018
The management staff is not sensitive to their staff. If your not kissing up to them, you will get a lot of finger pointing and write ups. They let good employees go with barely paper trail and do not justify the reason for their firing.
Pros
the pay is great
Cons
not a friendly place to be
horrible management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2018
short staffed vs individuals you cared for
management did not help when needed assistance
hardest part was no help from management . you got burnt out fast
Intimate working environment.
Full time RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY 14225December 28, 2017
Intimate working environment.
Rewarding experience working with developmentally disabled adults.
Developing working relationship with patients & family.
Worst part was cutting staff .
Pros
Intimate working environment
its a great job
Residential Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 24, 2017
its a great job I would recomened it to anybody looking to help people co workers are nice an passing medication takes patience .but if you are sturn you can manage it
lack of leadership
Technology Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYNovember 7, 2017
There was a constant lack of leadership. Low pay for the amount of jobs you do. Workers tend to be over worked and get mandated often do to no workers.
Not a bad place to work
Community Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 30, 2017
Although there are some things organizationally that need to change, I enjoy the services that I provide to those in the community with disabilities and the peace of mind I bring to their families.
Great people and great staff
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYOctober 27, 2017
Typical day would include supporting those with developmental disabilities to live their lives to full potential. Utilizing management and staff to have an excellent work day. Hardest part of the job was patience. Most enjoyable part was when all of your hard work paid off to make the individuals you support happy.
Pros
Eat with the individuals, great staff, great job support, good benefits
Cons
no salary advancement within your position
fast paced lifeatyle
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYOctober 3, 2017
The benifets are good pay was ok. Taking care of people and making friendships and building bonds was the best part. Depending on which house you work out the management was fair. Its also can be very stressful and demanding on your body as you are constantly lifting people.
Pros
bond building
Cons
when managment dont take care of wrong issues