Aspirus Employee Reviews

Feels like family but misleading
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 3, 2018
Majority of co-workers are very nice and end up feeling like family, the main reason I am still there. There is a high turn over rate in my department that causes a lot of stress. I attribute this to the stress of the schedules. The interview process was a bit misleading for myself and everyone I spoke to hired after me. In interview was informed anytime from 7a-7p M-F and some weekends but in reality it was only closing shift and weekends they wanted someone for. We have not been full staff since I was hired almost 2 years ago. Out of 7 people hired after me, only 3 are still working at the clinic.
Poor management
CBO (Former Employee) –  Antigo, WIAugust 26, 2018
Very busy, new skills learned daily.
Every day was different.
Poor management, its its not what you know that gets you promoted, its who you know.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
High paced
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 29, 2018
High paced work load. Love working there. Working diligently to get all hospitals in the system working together and have the same processes and procedures.
Pros
job security
Cons
alot of work to get done with not enough people
Inconsistent Management
Epic Ambulatory Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 26, 2018
Management was inconsistent. The employees are great but policy is not enforced across the board and Management is unreliable. They do not have their employee's best interests in mind.
Flexible Scheduling and management is awesome
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work is very fast paced, which helps you learn time management and multitasking. Management is very friendly & easy to talk to. Workplace culture is very upbeat, people are generally friendly and always willing to help. Hardest part of the job would have to be the constant rotation in the schedule. Switching between working nights one week and then days another, or even sometimes in the middle of the week having to switch it up. The people are amazing all of the staff is very friendly and welcoming and everyone is always willing to help!
Pros
flexible schedule, great benefits
Cons
rotating shifts, weekends, nights, holidays
Laid back atomphere
Health Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 9, 2018
Productive and laid back atmosphere. Management easy to get along with. Not bothered by management just left to do the work needed to be done. Have learned a great detail in the years i have been here.
Cons
low pay
Work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 3, 2018
Work was work. You had tasks to do tasks. A computer was provided to do computer stuff. They gave you a desk to sit at. They cared a lot about their chairs, so that was cool.
Pros
Chairs
Cons
Awful Mgmt
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 28, 2018
I was just a volunteer and it was extremely slow placed, and stressful only because of the patients families. They didn't care if you were a worker or a volunteer, and that's understandable, but sometimes it was just worse than it should have been. This however was dismissed by everyone because they are grieving so nothing can be done about it or will be done about it.
Aspirus
Provider Insurance Enrollment Specialists (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 19, 2018
I work on the behind scenes of Aspirus. I work with providers and find the job satisfying. We face challenges as a team. Management sometimes is difficult to work with but once you understand them it can become easier.
Productive work environment, team work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work you punched and got right to it as you were walking through the kitchen then you would be asked how's it going by other employees. Small talk but at least it was something.

It was kinda like I was working with family.

The hardest part of my job was when someone was being lazy; and doing constructive criticism how can they tell me I'm doing wrong when they're not any better?

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we got free lunch on first day and that we did meetings and got introduced to everyone.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Lots of things a miss in this department
Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 13, 2018
While I enjoyed the work, lots of other things caused me to take a job somewhere else. Very hard environment to work in, in regards to culture. Lots of turnover, so you end up training yourself as no one is there to help you learn. Senior analysts are very distracting and will not allow even a very comptetent, New analyst to do even the easiest tasks alone. Lots of meetings to attend and time entry/documentation for management. Manager seems not willing to listen to employees, even when issues are brought to her attention. Lots of dysfunction within team, spent first month isolated from the rest of the team(not a close tight-knit team, very siloed). Has it not been for the culture of the department, I would have stayed as I really enjoyed the work.
Pros
Allowed flexibility to adjust hours or work remote
Cons
Too mamy meetings, lack of resources to train new employees
Too much work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 23, 2018
The people in my department are great employees, but way too much is expected from them. It seems as if we are set up to fail.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working together as a team to accomplish a goal.

The hardest part is keeping up and making sure all the work gets done in a timely fashion.
Aspirus is a wonderful place to work!
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 23, 2018
Aspirus puts a lot of effort into their customer's experience. They go over the top for major issues like patient safety. It is a fun atmosphere with a lot of training available.
Pros
Kindness and Compassion
Cons
Overtime opportunities are few and far between.
Good
Mammo, bone density technologist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 10, 2018
Very nice facility to work for. Very kind and caring employees and staff. Management works hard to see their employees are working up to there full potential. Managers are willing to make sure staff receive proper training and time to achieve goals.
Poor management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 26, 2018
It is a poorly managed company and there is a lot of turn over. They do not care about their employees and you truly are just a body and number and easily discarded.
Evs
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 24, 2018
Over worked. The pay rate isn't enough for this fast paced, body draining job. Always understaffed! Because we are understaffed our work load most the time increases to a three person job. How well do you think the hospital is being cleaned?! management is petty. There is no appreciation for hard working employees that they do have.. We all get lumped into one dispite individual room check/ratings. I thought aspirus would be a professional place to work. I'm sad to say otherwise. This place is a temporary business to work for. Don't get comfortable, turn over is huge.
Pros
Patients.
Cons
Expensive health insurance. poor management. High turnover
Very stressful, long hours, short staffed
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 12, 2018
While upper management is getting bonuses, the minions are being worked to the bone. Very clique. Poor communication. Very gossipy. Work life balance is non existent. Schedules are not flexible
Pros
Free flu shots
Cons
No work, life balance. Very long hours
The administration and it minions are terrible to work for. Always belittling and intimidation tactics used
Registered Nurse At home VNA (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 10, 2018
New adminstatration doesn’t understand the amount of time that we spend with patients and expects 8 visits daily with no account of driving time. But want it all completed in an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Autonomous
Cons
No breaks or lunches
Fast paced
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 29, 2018
I processed charts for Day Surgery, Sleep Study, Wound clinic and the Emergency room. Made sure the charts were complete with radiology reports, labs, and doctor notes.
EVS at Aspirus.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 26, 2018
Very hectic day, very stressful, very heavy work loads. Always short staffed. Rude, inconsiderate management. No appreciation from management. Job is very physically demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspirus. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight