Aspirus
59Below average

Aspirus Employee Reviews

United States236 reviews
Hr
HR sucks but my director and Unit was the best.
The main offices don't care about you as a coworker, but the right RNs and floor staff and your team is whats its all aboit for the patie ts
Good people who care about their work
A compassionate workforce that truly cares about what they are doing, how they are serving the community, and working together. Very collaborative work environment, sometimes the pace of change is slowed by the collaboration.
Nice place to work
Nice place to work, supervisors are friendly and knowledgeable, colleagues are willing to help with problems as they arise, business office and HR very friendly and willing to explain things.
Very good organization to work for.
This organization makes the employee feel very valued. Overall the culture remained positive even if faced with staffing or census issues. The biggest negative was the decreased pay compared to other organizations.
Volunteer Services
Aspirus Volunteers is a great organization to be a part of and the work very rewarding. Each unit and their staff are welcoming and thankful for volunteer workers.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Aspirus is a great place to work.
There are many opportunities to advance and move to different units. The people I worked with are always willing to give you a helping hand. The gratitude of helping and making patients feel like they matter is a very satisfying experience.
Strong work environment
When I worked at the hospital I enjoyed it a lot. I enjoyed having one on one time with patients in med/surg, birthing center, and the nursing home. It’s really a great place.
Enjoyable work
I have worked here 32 yrs. and feel bad that aspires at home is coming to a close. We service the veterans and are a joy to work with. Hoping to work for a agency that serves the vetrans.
Awesome place to work - growing
I constantly hear from patients how happy and satisfied they are with the care they've received from all Aspirus locations. It's a great feeling knowing our staff is kind and going above and beyond for all patients.
I have been recognized several times for excellent work ethic - it really doesn't go unnoticed here!
Medevac
I worked for the Medevac department. The manager of the department does not support employees and tends to listen to hearsay instead of the truth. They will only reward management positions to personnel that in their eyes have beeen there long enough, without consideration for the qualifications of new employee
Treated VERY poorly
Constant change of responsibilities and expectations, constantly putting on the staff “necessary” responsibilities that don’t have a thing to do with patient care, and making it next to impossible to succeed. On top of that, there is no protection of the nursing or CNA staff regarding our safety.
Great management! Staff is super friendly and helpful!
I have been with the company almost 5 years and love it here. The pay raises would be my only complaint but a flexible work schedule and great management make up for it!

If you work at their headquarters in Wausau, there is room to advance but you will get stuck in your position if working at a more remote location. Depending what type of person you are, you'll either be okay with that or want more.
Depends
I thought I loved my job and it took one incident for me to truly see how broken the system is. I used to pride myself in knowing that I worked there and loved coming to work. But then many changes came upon all staff that changed it.. I resented coming to work, even thought I loved all my coworkers. The rumor mill can be off putting. Patient care is not put at the forefront of healthcare anymore and it makes it hard to feel good about your job and what you can and are able to do for patients.
Pros
good hospital, many specialties to work in
Cons
Short interrupted breaks, short-staffed, burnout easy, floating all the time, hard to move up in company, high turnover
Terrible place to work for
Constantly belittling people, managers included. Always concerned thinking your lying about things when you have proof of otherwise etc. miss the clients and patients but not the staff or job at all.
Overall good employer and place to work, with great mission and values.
Overall good employer and place to work. Great mission and values. Many wonderful staff throughout the organization, who care about the patients and their families, and the community we serve. Rapid growth outpacing development of infrastructure and staffing needed to support. Often difficult to do well and maintain a healthy work life balance due to work load and staffing.
Great change, great company
Great change for me and my family. Just transitioned over to Wausau from a competitor in the Marshfield area, and could not be any happier.

Good benefits, good work-life balance. Highly recommend.
Poor pay, lateral violence that is tolerated, bullying, very poor management..ALWAYS short staffed!!!! Manadatory overtime! No Breaks.
This has got to be the worst hospital I have ever worked for. The pay is horrible. But they are willing to pay travelers triple what staff make, and give them easy assignments. The lateral violence is constant,and tolerated. Patient assignments/work load too hard. Charge and management do nothing. Never can keep staff, red flag!! Do not work here!!
Pros
starbuck on site
Cons
Bullying, lateral violence
Poor management
When I first started, my supervisor was awesome, she recognized how quickly I grasped my daily work, but she took a higher position and the lady who came after did a huge 360 on the team. The team is awesome and we help each other. If you can devote your life strictly to Aspirus and not have a life out of working for them then this is the job for you. I missed 3 days with a dr’s note and I get HR called on me questioning me and I have to sign a waiver form. Han told me to give them a specific schedule I can work until they hire my replacement then I can apply for any other position. The gal who sat at her desk for 8 hrs each day not touching her workqeue should’ve been talked to, but never ever was. Ridiculous!!!! They let me go the next time I called in while my mother in law passed away. Worst employer ever, they don’t even have sympathy for you or follow protocol. Things happen in life outside of work. No one should feel like they can’t have a life.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
No one ever stays
Employer of last resort
Unfortunately, Aspirus is no longer the employer of choice in central WI. With the new CNO several years ago, numerous tenured staff were let go along with anyone who is not in the CNO’s clique. Additionally, vacation time was taken away along with call pay.
Stone Age
Aspirus is very pro-management in most departments, not just the revenue cycle. They pay poorly and do not offer educational advancement. They don't even want to pay for our coding books that we need to work. When someone leaves they are not replaced and the effect of this for the past three years is an extremely low staffed department that has high demands. When we are unable to meet standard that are beyond our reach we are not given raises. If I am an issue and contacted HR, it was never to my advantage and so most people just leave. It is easier to leave than to attempt and solve an issue.
Aspirus Entry Level employee
If you like to be just another number to a multi million dollar company, this place is for you! They claim to be non-profit, but that is not the case. Their benefits are horrible for entry level employees. The amount of work expected is unachievable. You try to talk to HR about a situation, and they are no help! They demand more and offer less! WORST JOB EVER. The Pharmacy & ,anagers are a joke. Do yourself a favor, apply elsewhere!!
Cons
Turnover
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspirus. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight