Aspirus Employee Reviews

undersafed, zero work life balance
RN (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 5, 2018
accidentally scheduled myself for thanksgiving and already had to work christmas eve and christmas day 12 hr shifts, manager told me tough I had to find a replacement. put my notice in and found new employment. per my contract I was suppose to work ROTATING holidays and every third weekend. as the person who finalized the schedule she should have made sure everyones holidays were correct. furthermore, it was her own fault she lost 7 RNs in two months. trying to shove her short staffing issues off on me was the wrong move.
Pros
Cons
management is callous and obtuse, RNs are disposable to them as evidenced by the high turnover every 6 months
Great plac ed to work if you are office runner.
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 31, 2018
I did enjoy the job for almost 26 years. New management came in as nd destroyed the team we had created. Made the good people leave. Alot of favoritism.
Pros
Nice vlean working conditions
Cons
Management is terrible
Good working environment.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Prentice, WIOctober 29, 2018
I enjoy my job. My FTE only guarantees me 16 hours of work in a 2 week pay-period. Limited chance of obtaining more hours or advancement.

Great working environment. Very supportive and encouraging co-workers.
Pros
Clean working environment
Cons
No benefits or chance of advancement
Great place
Registered Nurse, MAP (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work but no longer desired to work different shifts due to lack of work life balance. Thus resigned for a position closer to home.......
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
Past employee (Former Employee) –  AWHOctober 14, 2018
Bringing aboard many new managers not familiar to the ways that built Aspirus’ reputation. Passion for excellence, compassion for people? ...don’t think so...employees not fairly compensated. New managers try to make the Aspirus environment like their old environment. New managers trying to ‘re-create the wheel.’ Sorry, that doesn’t always have to happen. The new managers are going to sink the ship. Get rid of the managers, not the staff that have helped to make Aspirus what it is. Find managers willing to be able to lend a hand when it’s busy, not run to another unit and hide.
Pros
The staff that have been there for over 10 years
Cons
The new staff/managers that don’t know their —— from a whole in the ground.
No Balance
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 12, 2018
Not willing to balance employee work schedule with home schedule. PTO accrual the same for 5 years. Must plan vacations one year in advance by seniority
Great co-workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ironwood, MIOctober 8, 2018
Everyone that works there is great! However being compensated for all the hard work would be appreciated. And having better benefits would help keep people there.
Excellent co-workers but poor administration
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Antigo, WISeptember 28, 2018
Top heavy management willing to take very little input from frontline employees. Aspirus wants 'fairness' when policies benefit their bottom line, but don't implement fair policies across business units that benefit employees. Administration digs their heads into the sand and has an attitude of 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' when good employees decide to go elsewhere.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor administration, petty policies, money over mission
prductive fast paced enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 27, 2018
I love everyone I work with you are never left behind and everyone is always ready to lend a hand. It is very fast paced and it requires someone who is able to learn quickly and be quick on there feet.
Pros
good people, very flexible
Cons
asked to work a lot of extra hours
satisfactory
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WI at homeSeptember 23, 2018
worked at home - liked the work - did not plan to leave - position was eliminated - did not like the way it was done and thought we could have been placed directly into appropriate positions
Good Entry level position...but not long term
Delivery Tech (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WI 54401September 13, 2018
You had a lot of independence. You started the day by loading your van, calling your customers and then making deliveries. On call got very old, dealing with elderly people at 2 am and then getting up and working a full shift. As home medical companies go, this was probably one of the better ones out there. Wages are stagnant in this industry. I worked this same field in the 1990's and it paid the same wages today....but insurance premiums have gone through the roof. PTO was good. Never dreaded going into work. Co workers made it an enjoyable job....wages are just too low.
Pros
co workers
Cons
on call, and wages.
Feels like family but misleading
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 3, 2018
Majority of co-workers are very nice and end up feeling like family, the main reason I am still there. There is a high turn over rate in my department that causes a lot of stress. I attribute this to the stress of the schedules. The interview process was a bit misleading for myself and everyone I spoke to hired after me. In interview was informed anytime from 7a-7p M-F and some weekends but in reality it was only closing shift and weekends they wanted someone for. We have not been full staff since I was hired almost 2 years ago. Out of 7 people hired after me, only 3 are still working at the clinic.
Poor management
CBO (Former Employee) –  Antigo, WIAugust 26, 2018
Very busy, new skills learned daily.
Every day was different.
Poor management, its its not what you know that gets you promoted, its who you know.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
High paced
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 29, 2018
High paced work load. Love working there. Working diligently to get all hospitals in the system working together and have the same processes and procedures.
Pros
job security
Cons
alot of work to get done with not enough people
Inconsistent Management
Epic Ambulatory Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 26, 2018
Management was inconsistent. The employees are great but policy is not enforced across the board and Management is unreliable. They do not have their employee's best interests in mind.
Flexible Scheduling and management is awesome
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work is very fast paced, which helps you learn time management and multitasking. Management is very friendly & easy to talk to. Workplace culture is very upbeat, people are generally friendly and always willing to help. Hardest part of the job would have to be the constant rotation in the schedule. Switching between working nights one week and then days another, or even sometimes in the middle of the week having to switch it up. The people are amazing all of the staff is very friendly and welcoming and everyone is always willing to help!
Pros
flexible schedule, great benefits
Cons
rotating shifts, weekends, nights, holidays
Laid back atomphere
Health Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 9, 2018
Productive and laid back atmosphere. Management easy to get along with. Not bothered by management just left to do the work needed to be done. Have learned a great detail in the years i have been here.
Cons
low pay
Work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 3, 2018
Work was work. You had tasks to do tasks. A computer was provided to do computer stuff. They gave you a desk to sit at. They cared a lot about their chairs, so that was cool.
Pros
Chairs
Cons
Awful Mgmt
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 28, 2018
I was just a volunteer and it was extremely slow placed, and stressful only because of the patients families. They didn't care if you were a worker or a volunteer, and that's understandable, but sometimes it was just worse than it should have been. This however was dismissed by everyone because they are grieving so nothing can be done about it or will be done about it.
Aspirus
Provider Insurance Enrollment Specialists (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 19, 2018
I work on the behind scenes of Aspirus. I work with providers and find the job satisfying. We face challenges as a team. Management sometimes is difficult to work with but once you understand them it can become easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspirus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight