Aspirus Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time with the food service department!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 13, 2019
The food service department is the most unorganized, unprofessional place I have ever worked at. The supervisors favor certain people. Those people can do pretty much whatever they want and the rest of the workers get in trouble if they do it. If a supervisor doesn't like you they won't even say hello, they act like you don't exist. Their slogan is "Compassion for people" but not for the workers. They make co-workers fill out peer reviews about you. They can say anything true or not. The director says if two people say the same comment about you she will accept it to be the truth. Awful place to work don't waste your time. You will kiss your weekends and holidays with your family goodbye.
Pros
vacation
Cons
Poor management, rude supervisors, weekends, holidays, favoritism
Nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 8, 2019
I like working at Aspirus. They have always been great to me. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Management keeps you informed on where the company is heading.
Pros
Good benefits
Working with people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 7, 2019
Would go to a clients house and either clean, cook, take them to the doctor or shopping. Never a dull moment. Help them to bathroom if needed and the main thing is socializing they liked the company
Pros
The clients and their stories
Cons
Lot of driving
I think this job would have been better with better management.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 3, 2019
The management was terrible here, I hear they have a new manager now. The manager treated you like you didn't know what you were doing and would NOT take feedback seriously from the workers.
Pros
good pay for a student job
Cons
bad management
Day at work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIJanuary 23, 2019
Very busy a bit unorganized. Leadership was all over the board one day one way the next day different directions never knew if you were doing the right thing because it changed so often.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Stressful
Fast paced
Rev-Cycle Patient Access Scheduler One (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 6, 2019
Worked 8 to 9 hours, in cubical area taking call, to set up patients appointments and for medication refills. My manager was helpful, understanding and wanted feed back. Hardest part was sitting in cubical, no stand up desk, same gray cubical walls connected to head set. Not much human (face to face) contact.
Pros
cheap insurance
Cons
cubical
Aspirus Assisted Living
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Antigo, WIJanuary 5, 2019
Run! Don’t do it. Management is nonexistent n caters to the lazy n mean first shifters. Beyond them staff r ignored. In the mean time those spoiled continuously attack n deflect their errors on others and behaviors go ignored. I don’t want to say unnoticed because there is no way it isn’t noticed..
Pros
Props to the unseen n unheard.
Cons
Seriously??
Loved the people
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Laurium, MIDecember 27, 2018
I loved working at Aspirus because my coworkers were great and so helpful. Their mission was to make the lives of their patients better. The pay wasn't the best, but that's clinic nursing; it never pays well.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay
Flexible working enviroment
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 21, 2018
Has a very diverse environment, and many opportunities for change in environment. The organization struggles with decision making and utilizing personal to assist in making these decisions. Management not forthcoming in reasons for decisions and data utilized in the decision making process. Definite divide between leadership and employees.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
Not directly involved in decision making
Poor management, understaffed, poor interdisciplinary team work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 21, 2018
Poor management in many areas. Lots of favoritism. Frequently short staffed, always short of cna’s requiring RN to work primarily. Poor onboard training, expect you to know all there is to know about how Aspirus operates without training. Great deal of lateral violence that is tolerated. Poor cooperation between nursing and other therapies. No breaks. Many doctors have attitudes toward nursing staff. Would never recommend Aspirus as any employee or as a patient.
Completely opposite of what was expected
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 4, 2018
I arrived at this organization with high hopes of doing great things. Instead, I quickly realized that the people there were unhappy and unfulfilled. No processes were put in place to make daily tasks seamless and productive, and there were no opportunities to train. My efforts to improve dated processes and learn and understand existing ones were met by my manager with complete resentment and an unwillingness to change. No effective feedback and communication and the constant overhearing of gossips caused me to realize why previous coworkers felt as if the could "trust no-one". As a result, there was no teamwork and people quickly passing the buck to manage their workload and not being accountable.
If you decide to take on an opportunity with this organization, ask well thought out questions, and do some preparatory homework.
Pros
Great Place to Meet ambitious people
Cons
Zero Management communication and bad management
ok
Environmental Services aide and specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 30, 2018
to many personal favorites teachers pets. if your a kiss but your in
you work to hard people get jelous of you be quiet and do your job and you will be ok
Great place to get experience
CT technologist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 28, 2018
My time at aspirus has molded me into a knowledgeable and independent technologist. Aspirus has ~220 beds and an 18 bed ER. We do a huge number of exams ranging from routine to any angio scans. It's a great place to get experience but pay and managment could be better.
Pros
Great hospital to gain CT knowledge
Cons
Pay, management
Aspirus prides itself in delivering superior nursing services
Registered Nurse Medical/Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 8, 2018
While working at Aspirus I was encouraged to advance my nursing experience and received recognition and compensation to do so. The director worked to find solutions to help with unit complexities.
undersafed, zero work life balance
RN (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 5, 2018
accidentally scheduled myself for thanksgiving and already had to work christmas eve and christmas day 12 hr shifts, manager told me tough I had to find a replacement. put my notice in and found new employment. per my contract I was suppose to work ROTATING holidays and every third weekend. as the person who finalized the schedule she should have made sure everyones holidays were correct. furthermore, it was her own fault she lost 7 RNs in two months. trying to shove her short staffing issues off on me was the wrong move.
Pros
Cons
management is callous and obtuse, RNs are disposable to them as evidenced by the high turnover every 6 months
Great plac ed to work if you are office runner.
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 31, 2018
I did enjoy the job for almost 26 years. New management came in as nd destroyed the team we had created. Made the good people leave. Alot of favoritism.
Pros
Nice vlean working conditions
Cons
Management is terrible
Great place
Registered Nurse, MAP (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work but no longer desired to work different shifts due to lack of work life balance. Thus resigned for a position closer to home.......
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
Past employee (Former Employee) –  AWHOctober 14, 2018
Bringing aboard many new managers not familiar to the ways that built Aspirus’ reputation. Passion for excellence, compassion for people? ...don’t think so...employees not fairly compensated. New managers try to make the Aspirus environment like their old environment. New managers trying to ‘re-create the wheel.’ Sorry, that doesn’t always have to happen. The new managers are going to sink the ship. Get rid of the managers, not the staff that have helped to make Aspirus what it is. Find managers willing to be able to lend a hand when it’s busy, not run to another unit and hide.
Pros
The staff that have been there for over 10 years
Cons
The new staff/managers that don’t know their —— from a whole in the ground.
No Balance
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 12, 2018
Not willing to balance employee work schedule with home schedule. PTO accrual the same for 5 years. Must plan vacations one year in advance by seniority
Great co-workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ironwood, MIOctober 8, 2018
Everyone that works there is great! However being compensated for all the hard work would be appreciated. And having better benefits would help keep people there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspirus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight