ASR International Employee Reviews

Good Company but pay not competitive as same government rate
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY 11788April 8, 2019
You get paid a decent amount of money with this company but they make money off of all of their employees becaues they don't pay you at the appropriate GS rating. For instance for a job that pays 70K per year they only pay employees 59K. But if you inform them you are going to leave their company they will offer a significant pay raise just to ensure they don't lose their government contract.
Pros
Laid Back work.
Cons
Company has a government contract but they pay you less than the Government would for the same work.
Did payroll, Recorded 300 plus employees vacation, sick time records, bank reconciliations etc.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 27, 2019
It was very busy place from 8.30 am to 5.00 Pm. at morning clear up
the vendors bills and process payments. open different projects correspondence, compute payroll. check the bills paid directly by
the supervisors and re-imburse them the amount after the supervisors
approval. Record the vacations, sick days, personal days etc. in the
computer. By end of the day report it to CEO the leave records showing the balance amount of each employee etc. At the end of the
month reconcile the Qick books with Bank.
Pros
Got lot of free lunches whenever we had meetings.
Cons
Not much to learn
Quality Management
Quality Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Served as the Quality Manager for 9 postal clerks. The job was indeed fun and a true learning experience. The clerks were very experienced in their roles which afforded me the opportunity to grow as a leader.
Great company to work for
Contractor for U.S. Department of Defense (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Loved the surveillance work for DOD. BETTER known as trans team inspectors. Hours were GREAT no week-ends, mostly Mon-Thurs. work days. Depending on # of loads going out of the plant.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Laid off government cut back
Marine Corps
Mech III (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCNovember 26, 2018
Great company, The Marine Corps is the customer, work can be at fast pace at times. Crew is great, management is great, will have to fill in spots some what rear.
Really not much to say
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 14, 2018
I never really had contact with anyone from asr, this was a contract position, after my injury I still did not have contact with anyone and once the doctor released me to go back to work, the position had been eliminated.
I loved this company!
Assets Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VANovember 7, 2018
Management was always fast to respond, company let me work a flexible schedule, and work independently.
I enjoyed my time with them very much and would recommend them to anyone!
Pros
Flex schedule, pay, benefits
Cons
low vacation accrual
Relaxed workplace
Financial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
Small company environment, involved management, flexible working, provides excellent customer service. Good learning experience about companies with military contracts and competitiveness to keep that contract.
Nice place to work.
Project Inspector/overseer (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 13, 2018
A project Management company, with good managers and coordinators; driven for productivity without undue stress to workers and and contractors; good relationship between management and other workers. It is a friendly and fun place to work.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Temporary/Contract
Solid job
Public Affairs Specialist (contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92136April 1, 2018
I work as an independent contractor working with the Department of Defense. I work my 40 hours per week and submit weekly time sheets. Pay has never been late, only negative to this job is that as a contractor there is no guarantee that I will be able to keep this job - defense contracts come and go.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Full benefits are deducted from salary - means less $ than expected
Fun and challening job
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Really liked the job but due to government cut backs, looks like at this point our contract will not be renewed. I will not know for sure until 02/28/2018
Wonderful Company
Software Developer 1 (Current Employee) –  MCAS Cherry Point, NCJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day at work is filled with wonderful people to work with, as well as being a small business allows for my job to be done without the overhead of paperwork all day long!
Temporary work
Purchasing Clerk "Accounting Clerk" (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2017
Temporary work. The work was contract to another organization with work management provided by this company. Very little contact with ASR, International.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Temporary work.
Depressing
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2017
Not given the tools to do the job. They are working on it. Not a consistent work environment. People came and went on a regular bases. No real game plan, didn't know any details about how to use Company systems.
Pros
Payed well.
Cons
High Cost of Living
No work and very low pay
Supply Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MarylandApril 18, 2017
Daily I have come to work only to sweep a warehouse, shovel snow, rake leaves, or to build up racks to take them down in two weeks and rebuild them again in the same location. There was no structure. Employees would leave for hours and get paid for the entire day. There were not enough computers to work with every employee.
Pros
I was employed
Cons
No work
Great first Job
Work Item Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mayport, FLMarch 9, 2017
The management of ASR International was very pleasant and guided me through the hiring process. I was afforded the opportunity to stay on the staff, but I elected for a different line of work. They are highly recommended as a place of employment
Overall not a bad company to work for
Sr. IA Coordinator for BP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I loved working for ASR International. They let us managed ourselfs. They were located in New York so did not see them too often.
Pros
Paid was good
Cons
Healthcare expensive
Corporate Headquarter was too distant from work location
Security Specialist/Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDDecember 27, 2016
ASR International Corp is located in NY. Corporate representatives visited the work site (MD) approximately every 6 months. Personnel business transaction were performed telephonically. Excellent pay and benefits were standard. No significant problems.
Pros
Good pay and allowances
Cons
distance from work site
Inspection Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Happaugauge, New YorkOctober 12, 2016
Going into office and schedule work from Vendors to third party inspectors. Review quality plans often. Answer questions on problems or concerns with engineers and TPI's and also vendors. I was the supervisor to about 7 people in the office.Always cook out at lunch or even went out to lunch with co workers. Oh when we got busy it was crazy when you had all your inspectors tied up on other jobs and they needed their tools inspected now. It was hard to schedule sometimes but handled it.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Healthcare
Very productive dealing with Logigistics
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 25, 2016
Always a pleasant day to go to work everyday, As a Supply Tech I was assigned in the Excess department. Processed excess items that are being outdated and upgrade by the workcenters in all facilities of SPAWAR (SSCPAC). Idedentified material segregate by categories in accordance with the DLA and DRMO instructions. Tech edit and research using WEBFLIS Prepared documents utilizing DLA program ETID (Excess Turn-in Document). Received and processed documents of DLR items and send them to ATAC through e-RMS (Electronic Retrograde Material System).and very encouraging when you start the day with a very caring, and understanding management, and cooperative co-workers. Sometimes it's hard when you encounter with th very demanding customers. But at the end of the day learned that everything can be done and enjoyable when everyone work as a team.
Pros
Pay raise a year
Cons
Work with minimum supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ASR International. Our community is ready to answer.