ASRC Energy Services Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 6, 2018
There was plently of room for advancement and employee investment

Organized Management Team

Strong culture and code of ethics

Company Christmas party
Pros
paid training
It's a good job and good safety ethic
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503February 23, 2018
I've worked there just about ten years now and it's had its up and downs but when you have a good crew to work with it makes it a little easier to keep from missing your family so much
Great Learning Experience
Process & Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 18, 2018
Great place to develop and learn new skill sets. Caring culture that helps you pursue develop additional skill sets if you are willing to go the extra mile.
Pros
Rotational Schedule
Cons
Market Dependence
blasting and coating
Blaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 8, 2017
I really liked working for ASRC . I was with the company for almost two years i. I had started as a labor and worked my way up through to blasting and coatings . The only reason I left was because I had to relocate doe to family .
Pros
head of my department
Cons
Work could slow down at times
No longer a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 25, 2017
Management changes and reductions in force have left AES as a chaotic, toxic, and generally unpleasant workplace. Until there are significant changes in the management, I would not recommend this employer.
I worked on the north slope for them
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKSeptember 23, 2017
I watch them bring in non-licensed individuals, I question when management didn't understand or no laws and code, I watched them waste tens of thousands, I saw crew spending more time in their rooms than they were doing their job, I reported criminal advances on women and criminal advances by men on men
For this they got rid of me and Banned Me from ever working on the slope again
Pros
Healthcare was good
Cons
Management extremely discriminatory
fast paced
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 30, 2017
very fast paced job dangerous loud no job security lay offs are very common in this field the emphasis on safety is very high and is number one priority
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
loud and dangerous
great place to work.
Structural Fitter Welder Cut Man (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 15, 2017
I was a welder/fitter at this establishment and would work here again if given the opportunity. I enjoyed this job tremendously. North slope environment is a great place to be.
Pros
friendly place to work, good environment.
good benefits
Camp Maintenance (Former Employee) –  AlaskaAugust 4, 2017
this is a decent company to work for. benefits are great. the size of the company makes it fairly stable. there is lots of room for advancement. training is good.
One of those places that it is as good as you make of it.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 29, 2017
I've have ups and downs with ASRC, but largely I'd say it is a good place to be. The work and the compensation have always been good. The work environment has been both good and bad. It's one of those things that has been as good as I have made it.
Pros
6 months off a year
Cons
6 months a year away from family
Excellent family oriented company.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 5, 2017
I loved working at ASRC Energy Services. The management is great to work with as well as all fellow employees. My job was challenging and very interesting. Unfortunately I was let go due to the downturn in the economy.
Lots of favoratism with management in Kuparuk materials group
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  KuparukJune 28, 2017
Asrc cut our pay in early 2016. Shortly there after I watched management go out and find reasons to make people's lives miserable. They would go out of there way to find problems and write people up for actions that they themselves had been doing. Then, once they let those people go, they would replace them with someone who they played racquet ball with while in camp. The management for the materials group in Kuparuk needs to be fired and replaced. It would probably save Conoco millions of dollars.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Materials foremen need to be fired
Laid back
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kuparuk, AKJune 10, 2017
Pretty laid back at Kuparuk. Good camp life, decent food and minimal amount of stress. No frills regarding pay advances/bonuses. Don't bug you when you go home for your time off.
North Slope Oil Field Welding Maintenance Supervisor
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJune 2, 2017
Personal Opinion of working with ASRC Energy Services in Kuparuk.

I have worked on the slope for around 10 years as a welder and supervisor. ASRC Energy Services has been an awesome company to work for. They provide a good wage and benefits. We have a tight nit group of guys we work with - much like a second family. Our priorities are Safety, Quality, Efficiency.
We work for Conocophillips in the Kuparuk oil field. Conocophillips is a very involved client always ready and willing to step in and aid us with tools, PPE, training and support with our projects.

Overall great company to work for and cool environment to be in... if you like the cold.
Pros
Co-workers and supervision excellent!
Cons
Away from home 1/2 of your life.
good
Nutaaq Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 10, 2017
This is a great place to work if you have the right can do attitude and able to handle the long, cold nights. The days fly by from always being busy having something to do. The people up there are great. A bunch of different characters from all walks of life and a lot of the are pretty hilarious.
two weeks on, two weeks off rotation. (Kuparuk, AK)
Line Lift (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 7, 2017
An interesting approach at maintenance work pertaining scaffold work. As most people would put Kuparuk, it was a home away from home. Great people to work with and understanding supervision who cared about the wellness of their employees for the most part.

The only thing is that you might not have a job in a couple years depending all on contracts, or oil prices dropping.
Cover your tracks
o Well Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk, akApril 12, 2017
Apply yourself in any and all safety cultured tools offered and advancement would be imminent. The company is extremely focused on safety. If the job can not be completed safely, it won't be completed until engineered so.
Pros
no cost while working on slope
Cons
away from family, missing all of their activities
The working outdoors made the job fun.
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 3, 2017
The working of a 2 on 2 off schedule was/is perfect.The off time made up for the time of being away from the family and home sometimes. Plus we were always doing something different everyday helped make the day go by
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Being away from home
Excellent working conditions with great pay and benefits
Protected Species Oberver (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKMarch 31, 2017
Rotating shift work in a remote location.

Learned to work safely with others. Learned to evacuate helicopter during underwater immersion.

Management was great and met all needs.

Great working culture with experienced people.

Hardest part was being away from home in a remote camp site.

Most enjoyable was traveling and meeting new people and learning from each other.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, free meals, safe environment
Cons
Being away from home for extended periods of time
Good enough to work for but needs improvement
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 14, 2017
Company provides good benefits and workforce is easy to get along with. However management is in need of connecting to their workforce in order to become a better team
Pros
Employees are great to get along with
Cons
Management needs improved