ASRC Energy Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Pay no longevity
Project Controls and Services Director (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 6, 2018
One of the best jobs in my career. However this is not a long term employer for non shareholders. Basically 3-5 year longevity for non shareholders on average. The company is very large but run like a family owned business, which has its challenges.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No job security if your a non shareholder
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 18, 2018
You don't have life with your kids or your wife anymore bru only phone call face time. The money is alright. But no woman you get cold 24/7 the food is good
Pros
prime rib every sunday
Cons
Its a must you work 12hr a day 4weeks and 2weeks off.
I was a good experience
Electrician/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 15, 2018
working here i got to experience Petrochemical/industrial electrical work for the first time. It was very enlightening and inspiring. The people that i worked passed on very much knowledge and experience of the industry.
Pros
steady work
Cons
rotational work
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMay 29, 2018
This is probably one of the best companies I had the privilege to work for. If I could get back on with this company I would take the opportunity no questions asked.
Pros
HSE staff is more like a family
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Great experience and fun place to work
Maintenance/Scaffold Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpine, AKApril 6, 2018
Great team enviroment to work in everybody is very helpful and friendly. Lots of a really useful training and a great safety culture to work in. Management is very helpful and always willing to get what you need to get thew job done safe and right.
Productive workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 6, 2018
There was plently of room for advancement and employee investment

Organized Management Team

Strong culture and code of ethics

Company Christmas party
Pros
paid training
It's a good job and good safety ethic
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503February 23, 2018
I've worked there just about ten years now and it's had its up and downs but when you have a good crew to work with it makes it a little easier to keep from missing your family so much
Not a bad place to work but, there is no stable written contracts for long term employment
Maintenance Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKFebruary 8, 2018
There is no across the board pay for positions so, you will find the pay is quite different throughout every facility that ASRC operates. Although you perform the same tasks the amounts are very aggravating and disheartening when pay is concerned.
Pros
Appears to be a stable work facility. Personel are ok.
Cons
No signed contracts with BP for long term operations
Work for food
WELL SUPPORT TECH. ASRC Energy Services (Former Employee) –  Kupapau Point, HIJanuary 31, 2018
I pick up things I put them down. I eat and breaks and I eat at lunch. The men are friendly but the drinks are weak. It be cold in my sleep unit. Bad dreams
Great Learning Experience
Process & Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 18, 2018
Great place to develop and learn new skill sets. Caring culture that helps you pursue develop additional skill sets if you are willing to go the extra mile.
Pros
Rotational Schedule
Cons
Market Dependence
New contract went down in flames
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Deadhorse, AKOctober 15, 2017
Could have been something amazing but turned into a nightmare in a hurry. Wood Group seemed unprepared for the work. They failed in every aspect of the project.
blasting and coating
Blaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 8, 2017
I really liked working for ASRC . I was with the company for almost two years i. I had started as a labor and worked my way up through to blasting and coatings . The only reason I left was because I had to relocate doe to family .
Pros
head of my department
Cons
Work could slow down at times
No longer a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 25, 2017
Management changes and reductions in force have left AES as a chaotic, toxic, and generally unpleasant workplace. Until there are significant changes in the management, I would not recommend this employer.
I worked on the north slope for them
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKSeptember 23, 2017
I watch them bring in non-licensed individuals, I question when management didn't understand or no laws and code, I watched them waste tens of thousands, I saw crew spending more time in their rooms than they were doing their job, I reported criminal advances on women and criminal advances by men on men
For this they got rid of me and Banned Me from ever working on the slope again
Pros
Healthcare was good
Cons
Management extremely discriminatory
fast paced
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 30, 2017
very fast paced job dangerous loud no job security lay offs are very common in this field the emphasis on safety is very high and is number one priority
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
loud and dangerous
great place to work.
Structural Fitter Welder Cut Man (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 15, 2017
I was a welder/fitter at this establishment and would work here again if given the opportunity. I enjoyed this job tremendously. North slope environment is a great place to be.
Pros
friendly place to work, good environment.
good benefits
Camp Maintenance (Former Employee) –  AlaskaAugust 4, 2017
this is a decent company to work for. benefits are great. the size of the company makes it fairly stable. there is lots of room for advancement. training is good.
One of those places that it is as good as you make of it.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJuly 29, 2017
I've have ups and downs with ASRC, but largely I'd say it is a good place to be. The work and the compensation have always been good. The work environment has been both good and bad. It's one of those things that has been as good as I have made it.
Pros
6 months off a year
Cons
6 months a year away from family
Excellent family oriented company.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 5, 2017
I loved working at ASRC Energy Services. The management is great to work with as well as all fellow employees. My job was challenging and very interesting. Unfortunately I was let go due to the downturn in the economy.
Lots of favoratism with management in Kuparuk materials group
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  KuparukJune 28, 2017
Asrc cut our pay in early 2016. Shortly there after I watched management go out and find reasons to make people's lives miserable. They would go out of there way to find problems and write people up for actions that they themselves had been doing. Then, once they let those people go, they would replace them with someone who they played racquet ball with while in camp. The management for the materials group in Kuparuk needs to be fired and replaced. It would probably save Conoco millions of dollars.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Materials foremen need to be fired