ASRC Employee Reviews

good
LEVEL 3 Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 16, 2018
the job isn't bad but you have to pay for your flight to and from Alaska. they only pay for the flight to the north slope. and the pay is not great. but youll see beautiful place
Pros
living area is vool huge guy free food clean room
Cons
paying fir you flighgts
cutthroat
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 12, 2018
Easy to get let go depending on the contract you land. Management was helpful. ASRC is a contract company that big oil companies hire. BP, ENI, Hillcorp, Alyeska. Depending where you land, it can be extremely political. My ASRC management was very fair and I enjoyed their help and care. But working at ENI was brutal. I was let go simply because I rubbed the manager the wrong way. He essentially found an excuse to let me go.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Fear losing job on daily basis.
Easy going and consistent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there and working directly with the public. Over all it was a decent job for the type of work. The managers were friendly, and easy to work with. The advancement and raises were good for what to expect in that type of employment.
Fast paced, upbeat and demanding.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 5, 2018
I would recommend this company. Work schedule is 12 hour rotating shifts. The position I worked managed the day to day safe operation of the plant. We worked with all departments in the plant and outside contractors.
We were also Incident Commander for the Emergency response team for the plant.
We also issued safe work permits for the plant. High work, hot work, confined space, pipe opening and etc.

Very good place to work.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
No work/life balance
People oriented. Great workplace atmosphere.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJanuary 7, 2018
ASRC was a great company to work for. They had excellent benefits and treated employees like family. ASRC promoted high performers and provided counseling for those that needed help.
Pros
Great benifites.
Cons
Sometimes stressful but good people
Records Management Specialist/Librarian (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2017
The benefits weren't that great and the salary could be better but I did like my job. It was stressful at times but I worked with a good group of individuals and we all handled things quietly and effectively.
Pros
Monthly free lunches
Cons
The pay was not that great
great place to work
Field Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKNovember 13, 2017
managers were exceptional. safety was top notch and all was a fun place to work. engineering was cutting edge and schedules were met with ease. i would go back anytime.
Strong safety culture
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Houston, AKSeptember 10, 2017
Safety first production second, layoffs do to weather. Good place to work, nice to have breaks scheduled. Variety of tasks helps keep work interesting.
Pros
breaks
Cons
layoffs
Excellent company
IT Security Analyst II (Task Lead) (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MD 20770August 16, 2017
Excellent company. I have no complaints about my time employed there. I was treated very well and felt cared for. We had nice company parties and other events. When I relocated to work on one of their contracts, I was taken care of. Even after relocating out of state I was invited back to attend a corporate Christmas party. When the contract ended. They worked really hard to help us all find new work within and outside of the company. Their goal was to retain as many employees as possible. I'd definitely work with them again given the opportunity.
Pros
Education benefits, health care, 401K all great
pay was good, coworkers and management, were horrible and unethical
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJuly 17, 2017
worked in the production department and it was the worst job experience I have ever had. the coworkers were not nice, nor did they want to be bothered with training you. management was no better because the whole office radiated an attitude of being in a clique, and if you were not part of it, you did not matter. worst bunch of rude, impolite, horrible and toxice people I ever knew. needless to say there was a high turnover in that dept. because of this. will never work there again!!!!!
Pros
compensation
Cons
nasty bunch of people. toxic environment, poor management
depends on your job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 20, 2017
some jobs are great others suck safety is at the head of their culture almost too safety conscience. pay is good usually but some of the management isn't qualified.
Support
ASRC ODIN Organizational Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJune 2, 2017
ASRC supports their employees with fairness and consideration. ASRC has been one of the best companies that I have had the privilege of working for here at KSC.
n/a
Field Supervisor Oil Response (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 14, 2016
Great company to work for good people and staff. Scheduling is great, better pay and benefits they take care of their employees.
great pay
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kuparuk, AKOctober 30, 2016
good pay, home time its rotational work so pretty good home life, benefits are expensive, job security not good, management is ok as long as your in the circle of Klamath falls job culture is good.
Very Organized; Great Place to Begin Career
GOES Power/Thermal and C3S BUS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2016
Typical day involves troubleshooting and problem-solving. Co-workers are skilled and experienced in their respective positions. Great place to work if your interest is satellite operations
Great workplace
Well Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deadhorse, AKMay 10, 2016
I enjoyed my time with ASRC because they are very professional and my supervisors were patient and encouraging. I would work for ASRC again in a heartbeat.
Pros
gained technical knowledge, good personnel, beautiful workplace
Cons
limited access to PPE, and heating in some of the company trucks was not good
A good place to work
Biometrics Technician/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoy working at this location. There's no room for advancement.
All the employees get along. We get 2 breaks and one lunch.
My schedule is very flexible. I do not work on weekends or holidays.
Pros
The day goes by pretty fast.
Cons
There's no room for advancement.
productive
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 17, 2016
good day to work everyday. learned to read blueprints. management ok. co workers always positive. no hard jobs. all easy going
Pros
welding
Cons
hours
Defense contracting company
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 1, 2015
If you're looking for a company that cares about it's employees, I'd go elsewhere. If you like to make money, it's not a bad gig.
Contract worker
RMS III (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 10, 2015
Contract worker for the USEPA Region 5 Chicago Office on a permanent basis for one independent office performing a multitude of records management tasks,