Assemblers Incorporated Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Paid by pieces assembled
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 19, 2018
The manager was a nice person. He helped me adjusted to the job. They assembled grills, snow blowers and patio furniture. You paid by piece production besides hourly.
Pros
Was a new learning experience. Manager was very nice.
Cons
Only seasonal, not benefits
This place is a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 17, 2018
This place is a joke. If you are not in the "click" brown nosing and sucking up you can forget it. Management is terrible. They want you to do 10% of sales based on the calls you make each day but you can't make the stores hire the assemblers if they have already been in there and did not assemble things correctly.

Employees get 2 holidays off a year which are Thanksgiving day & Christmas day and you DO NOT get paid for either one.

This place has a revolving door with employees. They want you to work your guts out for minimal pay. If they don't like you they WILL find a way to fire you and people quit there EVERYDAY!!
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Everything else is a joke
Its for highschool kids
Merchandise Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJuly 10, 2018
If you are a grown adult dont work here, you wont make the money you need to survive. The turnover rate is very high, you get paid on what you build not hourly
the job sucked
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 10, 2018
the people were hard to work for and the houres were not what they promised upon hireing the stores were very hard to work for and didn't concider that you worked as a contractor not there store
Great place to work as a technician
Feild Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2018
I've been with this company over 3 years and compensation versus amount of effort and work put in is the best I've seen in awhile can easily make 500 to $1,100 a week as a field technician. But the downside is you have to really know how to work with your hands and be a quick thinker, in a nutshell it's not a job for everybody and takes a certain type of person to be good and make money not everybody's going to walk on to this job and be able to keep up with the high-paced environment. And a plus side to the job as you get to work on your own a lot you don't have somebody breathing down your neck constantly if you do a good job.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, working by yourself.
Cons
Idk
Poor upper management
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 24, 2018
This company forces their employees to leave positive reviews for on indeed. This company needs better management. Your forced to work for no pay, no benefits. Your forced to buy your own tools, uniforms everything to do your job. Still waiting to be paid by this company.
Cons
Pay
bad place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 21, 2018
this has got to be the most awful place to work they expect you at the store at 7 even if they do not pull anything to build i have seen guys go in and wait 3 hours to build and walk out at the end of the day with 5 bucks
For Bike Enthusiasts
Bike Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 21, 2018
Too much work and not enough pay.
You will injure your shoulders, elbows & wrists.
Shoved off into a discreet work zone, that is a store stockroom. you can bet on it being cramped. Goodbye sunlight. The employees of the store you are at will be sure to leave trash around your area and push pallets blocking you in.

TLDR; Just work the first 40 hours of training pay @ 12/h then burn out.
Pros
Alone time
Cons
Too much work for minimal pay.
Great job with Great People
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 18, 2018
I only worked for them briefly but the pay was excellent and the workers were nice. If I didn't have to move back here to Raleigh then I would have stayed at this job for sure!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Fast Paste
I'm more of a sub contractor
Vendor/ furniture assembler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2018
Not much work. On call employee. I work independently when called upon. I'm more of a sub contractor going out and doing in home services. The schedule is very flexible so I can do multiple jobs
Very good company.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 15, 2018
This is a very good company to work for. Management was stellar. Work environment was very relaxed. Commission-based payment encouraged hard work and gave way to a great personal life.
Pros
Good management and work environment.
Cons
Software used greatly impeded productivity.
Has hired from corporate but never was contacted to start
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 12, 2018
Went thru the whole hiring process, was told I was hired and was told my area manager would contact me on a meeting and start date. After waiting I contacted corporate and right away the manager contacted me. We talked and I was told he would contact me to meet him at the nearby home depot to fill out my I-9 form and start the following day. 4 weeks later I still havent received that call so I found employment somewhere else. Very unprofessional
Extremely unprofessional
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2018
Sucked, was trainee, and left to work all day alone. Mgr. never hardly came by. Never answered phone. Really don’t understand how he ever got a mgmnt job. Nobody else I guess.
no just no
Assembler (Former Employee) –  KYJune 5, 2018
work bymyself a lot. .people at home depot were awsome to work around.just was never any pleasing the higher ups at assemblers.was let go from job and was never even told found out from 3rd party.
Terrible job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2018
Work you like a dog, beat your body up past the point of exhaustion, no credit or congrats, have to work 16 hours just to make money..no thanks. They don't care if you have family either
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Everything else
Don't work here
Assembler Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2018
I don't think you should work for a place that is currently trying to get of court due to many reasons. You are paid by the piece and you hardly get paid for the work you do.
Very good
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 5, 2018
It was very good place to work good pay the managers are very good very decent there's no bad thing about this place looks like a free-for-all job it's a cool job
Amazing Company!
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2018
I am an Area Manager with Assemblers Inc. They are the best company I've ever worked for! They take care of thier people all that is asked in return is that you do the same, im expected to generate new business and sustain the business allready acquired, as a tech I was expected to perform my duties on time and in good quality. The compensation as a tech was phenominal, as this is a piece rate company the ammount of money you make is based on effort put in.
Pros
Great Pay!
Cons
Seasonal mountains and valleys in pay, but the annual is more than other jobs.
It was alright just not paid enough for what you do
Helper (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 29, 2018
Place was good and job was easy just wasn’t worth what you was getting paid. The environment is good you can work either inside or outside depending on the store your at but it can get hot or cold. The other thing is the pay was cheap especially since it was by how many bikes u build. If u built 20 bikes u only get paid $50 and it takes a full 8 hours to build 20 bikes.
Not a good company
Assembler Tech (Current Employee) –  Martinez, GAMarch 23, 2018
not worth the time to fill out the application. they will use and cheat you out of your money. they lie and say that you did not assemble something so that they dont have to pay you for what you have done
Pros
easy job
Cons
cheaters and liars