Assisted Home Health & Hospice Employee Reviews

good place to work for
LVN (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2018
awesome place pay is fair love our patient. Very helpful in finding work, always their for us. benefits are decent, wish they offered continue education credits for licences staff.
No work. Poor uneducated management. Lots of promises.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2018
Full time pay per visit but struggled trying to get visits on a daily basis. Everyone struggled. Management lacking in knowledge of Medicare rules/regs. New management came in from Ca. And turned things upside down. Had potential to be a really good agency but owners not willing to pay nurses what they are worth. In fact I over heard owners son say, “no nurse will be on salary.” I hope with the changes coming with reimbursement it will teach them a big lesson!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No potential to make money, promises made and not kept, no potential to advance
Work here just to get experience
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2018
The only reason you would want to work here is to get experience. Horrible managers , unprofessional, zero loyalty to employees, drama filled, patients family’s are constantly complaining about the company
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Unprofessional supervisor staffers and higher ups, it’s a click thing
Cna and rn
RN, CNA AND HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 1, 2018
Assisted was a good place to work. They offer very flexible scheduling and supportive staff, manages, and schedulers. The culture is fostering for growth and many employees have been there for many years.
Work environments and team work was very good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 17, 2018
As a caregiver in the assisted living facility l enjoyed to see that our clients received maximum their activities of daily living. With team work with my work mates we made life easy both for us ,our clients and as well as the management. As a caregiver l have to be smart in observing cleanliness and safe environment for both clients and other workers in the facility. It’s my duty to report any problem within the facility as well as miss treatment of our clients by caregivers or anybody in that matter and write an incindent report about the case. If emergency l have to call 911 then nurse ,provider or management
Pros
We didn’t get lunch in the facility but we hand 30 minutes lunch break.
Cons
We hand sick breaks
Poor Management and Lack Of Loyalty to Employee
CNA/HHA/RNA (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Stay away from employment with Assisted. Very disorganized and cut throat environment. Zero employee loyalty. I was let go from employment with Assisted because I did not have an assignment in last 6 months, although I did work for Assisted the first 5 months of same year. I was told to reapply as a new employee. I did reapply but was never contacted. I worked for Assisted from 2013 until 2017, but the assignments were few and far between. I did work long term assignments when given, longest being 9 months, without ever missing a day. Schedulers will not work with employee on available hours or available work locations. The schedulers have been replaced on a frequent basis. It is a struggle to try and get work hours with Assisted. I have moved on to a better Agency.
Pros
Hard to find any pros.
Cons
Zero employee loyalty.
Assited Home Care in Northridge CA
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 9, 2018
A typical work day is 9-5 Monday -Friday. Occasionally weekends and evenings. The compensation is salary plus commission.

The hardest part of this job was seeing the culture change in the 6 years I worked there.
poor communication and orgonization
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 5, 2017
Lack of proper communication as far as scheduling and charting. Office staff was very disorganized and made for a difficult work environment. I even had multiple patients state how dissatisfied they were with the office staff.
Competitive
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 19, 2017
The actual job is amazing. Nepotism is rampant. Most managers have an adult child or relative working for them. Pay is pretty good, most people are really great. In great need of a fine tuning with management at all levels. Truly loved my job for the majority of my tenure with them, but at a point my mission and goals were no longer aligning with the "revised" mission and goals of the company.
Pros
Most employees passionate and good hearted
Cons
Management needs training in all areas
Flexible workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 16, 2017
The turnover times from application to interview to active employee standing was remarkable. The office was very accommodating with my temporary availability and let me deactivate my employee status while I was at school. Upon return, they were able to throw me right back into the mix and offer work. Scheduling is easy to do in the office.
Great
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 14, 2017
great place to work with flexible working hours. staff is friendly and understanding. I would recccomend them to anybody who needs a flexible work schedule.
Lack of respect for external employees
LVN (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 28, 2016
Management should look at basic ethics of how to treat employees. Do Unto Others... Human resources clerk at Northridge office rude and unprofessional. Managers unapproachable.
Cons
Overtime pay
Good Pay
LVN Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 2, 2016
Truly a great place to work with a supportive management staff. I was very happy at job but did work hard everyday working all eight hours and sometimes even more than eight .
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No retirement plan and pricey healthcare plans
good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2016
Love the people that was there. Coworkers love them, my boss loved her, I just loved that job period. Because there really isn't to much of nothing to say everyone was nice, if you called for something your client needs they will have it there in days.
Fulfilling & great work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 4, 2016
Providing home health care to the patients of Santa Barbara county has been a great experience. As a home-health nurse, I am able to spend time with my patients, review disease processes, engage in patient education and assist patient with there health care needs.