Assisted Living Community Employee Reviews

Poor management, poor pay, inadequate staffing for responsibilities
Director, Engaged Life (Former Employee) –  houstonSeptember 29, 2019
Incompetent facility General Mgr locally and corporate managers. Constant personnel turnover. Gen. Mgr. & corporate managers didn't respect or appreciate Directors for hours worked, efforts, and job well done. Most employees were unhappy with their jobs, the General Mgr, and pay rate. General Mgr. at facility and corporate mgmt. assumed the worst about employees always even the excellent, hardworking ones; excellent employees were never given the benefit of the doubt. Therefore, many good employees became average to poor employees and didn't work hard or do a good job after seeing it didn't matter, or they quit. Not enough staff hours budgeted for responsibilities in some areas. Pay was extremely low for responsibilities, hours, stress level, and work required. 24/7 job with lots of holiday work required. With turnover of facility Gen. Managers came constant changes in expectations and job descriptions for Directors and other employees and criticism by newest Gen. Mgr. Excellent Directors at facility had stressful difficult jobs with minimal rewards and usually left after short periods for better opportunities elsewhere.
Dedicated to residents in all needs
DCA (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 30, 2019
Average hour work day 8 to 16 hours
Fast paced
Multitasking
Adls
Work culture working alone and times in small groups
Love the environment
Making sure there’s consistent people to work assigned shifts it was hard to keep others
Pro is receiving slot of hours in a work week
Pros
Hours and assisting residents
Cons
Not having consistent persons for shift change
Not Worth The Time!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Armada, MIAugust 27, 2019
This was the worst work experience anyone could have. They are cold, uncaring, and dont pay enough. The kitchen manager was an entitled girl straight out of college. The nurses were never answering call lights. The CNAs did everything with nothing in return. The patients were not cared for properly and it all started when corporate took over. This world is being destroyed by corporate companies. I dont trust this place with a pet rock let alone my loved one.
Interested
Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2019
Very interested job it was kind of difficult for me I loved it but I would’ve been satisfied if it wasn’t so hard and the patients that I had were very disrespectful
No rewards. No good job.
The Springs at Grand Park (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 6, 2019
No interaction by management with employees or residents. You have to work with employees and residents in order to work as a team. Check on your workers, check on your residents. Become part of the solutions, not the problems.
Great place
Cook (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 3, 2019
My experience with assisted living was very good for me. I got to enteract with residents. Learned how to not get attached. My bosses were busy but always willing to help you and listen to you. I also learned how to order food. I did food prep and prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner plus dessert and snacks for the residents.
My experience was amazing I think , I was learning basic skills I would need to succeed in this field I loved it.
Rose court (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2019
My review on working for assisted living communities is I have a passion for helping others I really enjoy working in this field I am very great at the customer service all together.
Pros
Meet awesome people. Step out your comfort zone to help others and overcome.
Cons
Unexpected problems with residents
Fun work place and stressful at tje same time
Elmwood communities (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 15, 2019
Its was a good working experience overall. I would work there again. Staff is friendly easy to work with. The residents are in their environment and being their spunky selves.
Enjoyable job, great staff.
Morning Pointe Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMarch 12, 2019
Working as a part time employee I thoroughly enjoyed my job. They were accomodating when I needed to attend a wedding and my daughter's graduation out of state. The employees are willing to help each other out. The resedents are sweet and appreciative.
Pros
Lunch is encluded, great staff.
Productive Work Place
Woodhills Assistant living (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo County, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Assistance with rehabilitation programs,ROM, prepared meals, Rehabilitation programs, medications, colostomy bag care, Cath Care, Geriatric Care, transfers, gait belts, hoyers and sit to stand assistance.
Pros
Lunch was provided with residents
Cons
Short breaks was allowed
Room for improvement
vintage park at waterfront (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 13, 2019
I liked it when i first started working here but i dont now. Poor communication. No benefits or incentives. High staff turnover. High management turnover.
Pros
Smoking area
Cons
Lack of communication.
Great atmosphere for Seniors who can still be Independent!
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, ENLIVANT (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Small, homie atmosphere. At the time I was there, good team, fun-loving staff who really cared about the Residents.Family oriented and we worked hard to get the job done.
Not rough pay
Directcare worker (Current Employee) –  Forest City, IADecember 28, 2018
Taking care of human lives as they grow old doesn’t seem to be important enough. Not paid well no benefits, but you can go work at Walmart for more money an hr.. doesn’t make sense..
Pros
Free supper
Cons
To many to mention
Most enjoyable part of the job
Certified Nursing Aide, Silverado Senior Living (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the residents and learning about their individual lives. Some of them led very interesting lives when they were younger and still full of the same spirit in the golden years.
Good
Cook (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 2, 2018
It was a good experience working inside assisted living environment but the worst thing is they do not want to pay a lot of money an hour. However, if they paid more and acknowledged there fellow co workers l would not mind working in environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Never again
Larkspur lodge (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 12, 2018
This was a nice place when I worked there it has since been purchased by a private owner . She turned it in to a prison for elderly. The place looks like it needs a complete overhaul
This was one of my favorite jobs
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 13, 2018
Working at this job was an experience I could appreciate it gave me the chance to work with older people who were great energy to be around,great conversation and just brighten my day. I also liked the aspect of helping out older Pennsylvanians who can not do for themselves.
Very nice place to work
Elmcroft Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Elmcroft Senior Living. Very clean and the residents are very well taken care of. The food is good and served to the residents in a pleasing manner. They have lots of activities for the residents and make everyone feel like family.

I would be very happy to place my family member there if I need to in the future.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
It was really nice to get to know the residents.
Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  Elgin, SCFebruary 2, 2018
Residents are the main reason that this job was so satisfying. I would recommended anyone who is thinking about getting into this type of career would be a positive life changing experience.
Wonderful Owners
Parker Senior Living by MorningStar (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was the every day engagement and interaction with the owners. They were quick to respond to provide the best possible outcomes to any building or community issues.