Associa Employee Reviews

Family Oriented Environment
Community Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 11, 2018
I have currently worked for SCS - Associa for a year. My seniors (Supervisors & higher experienced managers) are always there for my family and I. The flexibility allows me to be a Mom, Student, and a wife. They offer so many tools for EVERYONE to learn the industry. CMC/SCS - Associa does encourage me to advance myself. I am almost done with my Masters and will be pursuing my CMCA.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Health Care is expensive (Family of Four)
Would never recommend working here
Lcam (Former Employee) –  Associa Gulf CoastSeptember 5, 2018
I was with Associa for almost 3 yrs. my communities were great with the exception of 1... it was a great place to work for the first 6-7 mos before all the constant change in employees . The managers don’t get the money they are suppose to when taking on more properties. They want all this extra work so the VP can say they fixed all the problems when they really didn’t . They can’t seem to fix issues with their systems.
Benefits
Cons
Everything but the benefits
I've been here 7 years today!!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Im a CAM Manager at Four Seasons Estates. a typical day at work for me is usually fast, lots of work and helping residents. I have learned so much from being with Associa through out the year. I have been a manager now for 6 months but worked with Associa as an Admin since 2011. I love my job, I love the people I work with and the residents I work for. I will continue to move up and be great!
Pros
Lunch, Classes, meetings
2 years and counting
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2018
I have now worked at Associa for 2 years. With any job, I have seen some issues, I also see how they are trying to be corrected. I enjoy the people I am around daily and look forward to many more anniversaries in the future.
Great Place to Work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 23, 2018
I have been with Associa for over a year now and have learned so much to assist me to advance my career. I go to work early in the morning. I speak to all of the great people of the office. I learn with my boss. Very pleased.

The world gets more expensive so I will see how that plays out but it seems financially promising. That being said, I still make good money for someone at this point in one's career.
Love My Job
Senior Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2018
All Branches are different so reading these reviews doesn't really give a true picture of Associa. It is a very stressful, fast paced work environment, not for the weak or thin skinned and you are pushed to ALMOST your limit. Our Branch is very family and team oriented and we all work hard together to make it less stressful, my coworkers and the environment here keep you from reaching that limit. We strive to work together to give our best customer service possible. I honestly can say, I have enjoyed 364 of the last 365 days I have worked here and am proud to say I work here. Every day is always different, but the camaraderie and atmosphere make it easier to handle. I appreciate the way I have been welcomed, trained, treated, and mentored at this Branch!
Pros
Very family oriented and very fast paced.
Cons
Need technology and phone upgrades
Good Job and Company, but can be stressful work at times
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 20, 2018
Each day can be completely different. Often you will start in one direction and will be pulled into another. Have to juggle multiple projects and priorities each day. On the plus side, there is autonomy and flexibility, within certain perimeters, on how you schedule and complete your assignments and tasks. On the down side, some clients can be extremely demanding. Work flow and success depend on how well you build working relationships with the clients in your portfolio. Wonderful people work here and teamwork is important. Ask for help and you will receive it. You have to be able to think on your feet and be able to see what is the same/different with each client and apply what you have learned. Opportunity to advance as your knowledge grows with experience and hard work.
Pros
The people you work with and flexibility on how you schedule and complete tasks.
Cons
Some demanding clients - have to have a thick skin. Pay is on lower end of average.
They were very unorganized.
Financial Accounting Advocate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
They didn't treat all departments the same.This company had to many unprofessional people working for them and not enough knowledge about the business.
Pros
My schedule
Cons
Unprofessional
They Know Your Name
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 7, 2018
I've worked other corporate jobs where you're merely a number. Here at Associa, you are recognized by name, and there is a genuine caring atmosphere. Information is constantly passed on from upper management keeping everyone in the loop on most all facets of the company. Our leadership respected the experience I already had, but was willing to give me the tools to expand and give me even more knowledge.
Pros
Many company perks and offers.
Cons
Many Technology Changes and Often
Great work culture
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
The office culture is wonderful. It's stressful due to the nature of the job. The leadership team is very approachable and concerned about the employees. Someone is always available to help with your work load and help you handle any problems.

The company benefits are nice, lots of extra benefits for wellness and career development. They support the local CIA chapter and encourage you to be involved. There are lots of evening meetings but again it is the nature of the job.

The only con is Associa pays less than any other management company in the Atlanta area but the office culture is worth it, you always feel secure in your position.
Pros
work culture
Cons
lower pay for the industry.
Great place and wonderful people
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 3, 2018
I really don't mind coming to work. We are always doing fun things to pass the day. People are great who work here always wiling to help. Work is work but it is what you make it everyday.
Pros
Social Committee plans fun things to do every month
Cons
always need more money
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2018
Every hour is as diverse as every day.I have freedom to be creative, but there is sufficient structure to ensure my creativity is in a direction that keeps our organization strong. I feel like management trusts my decisions and supports me in my daily work and push me to take on new and challenging opportunities. Most importantly, people genuinely care about each other personally and work together as a team. My boss honestly loves and cares for her employees and shows that love daily.
Pros
Values employee morale & employee wellness, career progression attainable, managers value employee development
Better benefits would make it much better
AR Receipts (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 1, 2018
Rarely mandatory or voluntary overtime. Management in the department I work for listens to my suggestions. Friendly co-workers. Stingy on allowable time off and expensive benefits. Various fun activities.
Pros
Very good people to work with.
Benefits
Associa says that it’s all about family- LIES
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 30, 2018
Horrible place to work. Not only do they not train you- they expect you to understand all of their systems within a week! The community managers are condescending and rude to the assistants.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
A Great Family Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 27, 2018
I have been with Associa for many years and couldn't ask for a better family to work with. There is so much effort and concern of both what goes into the company and also outside the company. Their efforts to making this a great place to work are outstanding. At times, my job can be very stressful; however, once a client thanks me at the end of our conversation, it takes all that stress away...I am very proud to be a part of the Associa family...
Pros
benefits, degreed, physical fitness programs, Associa Cares
Long hours of work
Resident Manager AOAO Coronado (Current Employee) –  ‘Ewa Gentry, HIJuly 23, 2018
If you don't mind working long hours in a type of job that challenges you then this is a great place to work. If you are the type that doesn't like challenges and only wants to work in a boring job 8hrs a day then this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Daily work challenges keeps it interesting and fun
Second Best Place I have ever worked
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 18, 2018
Trying to achieve a work life balance is not always easy when you are short staffed. We have made alot changes in the technology to help serve our clients better. President of the branch is taking on extra job duties to help the staff complete the daily duties until we are fully staffed.
Pros
People you work with truly care about each other
Cons
Lots of changes and fast paced
Excellent company, trustworthy management
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2018
Associa manages properties all over the country, and I have always felt like an important member of the team. The benefits and pay are fair, and management has always had my best interests at heart.
The Truth.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 12, 2018
I work at the center, therefore, I cannot speak on behalf of the branches. This is a great place for your first job to get experience, however, you will be over worked and underpaid (depending on department). You have a good amount of freedom with this job, but leadership will stress you out. Leadership likes to give you more and more busy work and expect you to come up with great ideas to improve. There are no down time, so you don't really have time to think about ways to improve when you are trying to meet SLA with tickets. Overall, I love the company, I just dislike the leadership/management. I believe, management is the #1 reason why the center have such a high turn over rate.
Pros
lunch breaks whenever, experience
Cons
management, high volume of work
Fun and easy to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ocean View, DEJuly 10, 2018
Everyone with Associa is very friendly and helpful. I have not had any issues with the company or the staff. Shifts are short which is nice so I can still enjoy the rest of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associa. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight