Associa Employee Reviews

Excellent company, trustworthy management
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2018
Associa manages properties all over the country, and I have always felt like an important member of the team. The benefits and pay are fair, and management has always had my best interests at heart.
The Truth.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 12, 2018
I work at the center, therefore, I cannot speak on behalf of the branches. This is a great place for your first job to get experience, however, you will be over worked and underpaid (depending on department). You have a good amount of freedom with this job, but leadership will stress you out. Leadership likes to give you more and more busy work and expect you to come up with great ideas to improve. There are no down time, so you don't really have time to think about ways to improve when you are trying to meet SLA with tickets. Overall, I love the company, I just dislike the leadership/management. I believe, management is the #1 reason why the center have such a high turn over rate.
Pros
lunch breaks whenever, experience
Cons
management, high volume of work
Fun and easy to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ocean View, DEJuly 10, 2018
Everyone with Associa is very friendly and helpful. I have not had any issues with the company or the staff. Shifts are short which is nice so I can still enjoy the rest of the day.
A great teamwork enviroment!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 6, 2018
As a property manager I always appreciate all the assistance available from my fellow colleagues. I can trust them to provide any support I need. It is a great feeling to know I am not in this alone and we are a true support structure for each other. They are my family away from home.
Pros
Availablility to work from home
Cons
Customers can be demanding in any customer service job
Voted Best Place to Work for a reason
Director (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 1, 2018
I have read some of the negative reviews and feel like perhaps they weren't meant for the service industry. That said, Associa is focused on the employee experience and if you allow yourself to be a part of the team you will accomplish great things. The HOA business isn't for everyone. Winning over that one difficult customer and leaving clients satisfied is a daily reward. In my tenure I have watched the company growth; in business and it's employees. I am especially proud to be part of it!
Pros
Great technology resources, cutting edge and innovative
Cons
Employee turnover
Opt for a Better Job
Associate Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJune 30, 2018
Do yourself a favor and get yourself a better job.
Poor leadership resulting in poor management resulting in dissatisfied customers resulting in your job being very unpleasant. Again, there a lot of better jobs out there, and better companies to work for that have it much more together.
Great Company!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 28, 2018
I am celebrating my first year anniversary tomorrow. I have worked at multiple management companies and I must say that Associa has been the best. I feel they really do care. Top level management reaches out to you and you know they have your back. The door is always open. I feel there is plenty of advancement opportunity and the pay is adequate for our area and is in line with salary standards set by our industry. They have multiple events to encourage a TEAM environment. They have started a newsletter just for on-site staff so we don't feel disconnected and forgotten. I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Culture, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Healthcare plans could be a little better
Good learning experience
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
It's a good learning experience, but very demanding. There was always a very heavy work load that was pushed onto Managers as well as assistants. The culture was fun and well organized with company events.
It's an Adventure
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 15, 2018
The days can be ever changing. Some are calm where you can get lots of work done and other days you fasten your seat belt for the wild ride. This is just the nature of the business. Associa offers their employees great benefits and support. We have a very comfortable work environment and the tools we need to do our job. Associa is very innovative and progress, which is something I appreciate. We have the resources of an International community that work together to help each other, so there are always resources. I enjoy my job.
Pros
Great Benefit, Nice work environment, Many resources domestic and international
Strong Family Spirit & Loyalty
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2018
Community Association Management is a fast-paced industry demanding highly educated managers, experienced upper management, and world class customer service built on a strong foundation of integrity and accountability. Associa is the leading example of these qualities necessary to succeed in community association management creating a working environment I look forward to daily.

After 8 years of managing properties on the REIT side of the business, an Associa director recommended I read "In A Common Interest, Embracing The New American Community" by John Carona. If you are coming from a different industry, read this book. If you love it, you will love the industry and working for Associa.

Being a part of the Associa Family has truly supported my military family. Associa provides a work environment surrounded by kindness, respect and encouragement. Associa sets managers up for success by supporting association management educational growth, professional growth, vendor networking all while driving innovation and change to association technology applications.
Pros
Educational Support, Professional Growth, Strong Leadership, Family Spirit, Advanced HOA Application
Cons
Minimal 401k Match
Great work/life balance as long as you do your job!
Senior Association Manager (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CAJune 13, 2018
I have seen really good opportunities for job advancement and our benefits are great for the area I live in. The HOA world allows for better work life balance because we do handle night meetings. But the technology that Associa offers is actually changing that culture and more of our Board;'s are willing to meet by conference call or at other times.

I do find that people who don't really want to work don't last long and that is ok with me. They are also usually the ones who leave poor reviews.Our culture here is very supportive and you can always talk to leadership. I have worked for other management companies and I appreciate the work culture and Associa model.

This is a corporate environment and that differs from other smaller boutique companies - but that is personal preference as you can't typically advance very far in the smaller firms.

The hardest part of the job remains the board members who refuse to be educated on their fiduciary responsibility!
Pros
work/life balance, career advancement, lots of resources to help you in your job
Cons
High use of technology means you have to be open to change!
Great Place to Work!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2018
At Associa your are treated well by your employer. The value of family spirit is true for everyone at Associa. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and other professionals. The culture is quick paced yet caring and compassionate. Associa for me has been a great place to work. I would recommend working at Associa.
Pros
Work Culture, employee engagement, Benefits
Client Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 8, 2018
I have worked for Associa for 3 years as of today and I am proud to be any employee with this company. They value their employees and it is a great family atmosphere. I have learned so much in these past 3 years and I could not be more thankful. Associa has given me such an amazing opportunity to do something I am extremely proud of. I feel as if it has helped me develop a sense of direction for my life. I would highly recommend Associa for a place of employment. It can be a stressful work place at times however, the amount of support and encouragement from the leader and other employees makes those stressful days so worth it.
Pros
Great employee moral, Great support team, Acknowledgement
work
Commissioner (Former Employee) –  hociemaJune 7, 2018
Will.my language its not very good but i wich have work for make life for me and for also my familly thats all
the work in morocco for me its very diffeculte i can t find .for that i want have chance here with yours
more adult don t have work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small break
Working for Associa
Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 7, 2018
Working at the Associa branch is like having an extended family. I truly love the people I work with. Management cares about the employees and goes above and beyond to ensure we are happy.
Pros
Family atmosphere, teamwork, great employees
Team Work Makes the Dream Work
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
I've worked at a couple other management companies and this one by far embodies family spirit and employee morale. I strongly believe that a happy employee is a good employee so I'm happy to work for a company that believes the same.

If you don't know how to address a situation, you can ask a colleague or a supervisor and they'll either help or direct you to the proper party to help. Issues will happen and it all depends on how you handle the issue and learn how to avoid the same issue in the future.
Pros
Family Spirit, Teamwork, Problem Solvers
Cons
Not enough holidays
Don't work here...period.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
There is NO training. New employees are directed to watch videos. They hand you a little blue book with the corporate "goals" but the day to day is long, exhausting, and there is zero support or direction from management & regional management OR they micromanage people just to defer blame. Branch is constantly losing communities due to corporate incompetance. It is honestly the worst place to work.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Expensive healthcare & bad management
Not a good place
Senior associate manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 24, 2018
I loved the people I worked with, however, when it was time to move up to a community manager from a senior associate, they pushed everything on your plate and expect it to be completed even if they don't show you. If you have a question about it, sometimes they make you feel like we're bothering them. There are ALOT of management issues that need to be worked out and the associates need to get paid fairly especially if we are doing ALL of their work, more so when the managers aren't there. Its really stressful and will effect your health. Managers will say you can come to me for anything, we have your back, and when that time comes it's like they don't want to hear it. I enjoyed the company but towards the end o was disappointed.
Pros
People that you work with
Cons
Management issues, associates not paid fairly
Great Place to Work
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 22, 2018
No job is perfect, but having a great team makes it better. This industry in general is not for everyone, there is a lot of employee burnout. Community management is not a 9:00-5:00 job, but there's something new everyday and it's never boring. If you're willing to work hard, Associa does provide training and tools to help their employees succeed, and frequently promotes from within. Associa focuses on employee experience and is actively listening to employees and working on ways to improve. Benefits you don't see everywhere are their program to match employee charitable contributions, or for employees to use funds towards classes or other self-improvement. They also pay for industry-specific training & licensing. There are processes that need to be followed in order to make everything run smoothly, which can be frustrating at times, but they have made improvements to streamline what they can. They are dedicated to improving our technology and being a leader in the industry, and are frequently updating systems and processes.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits Plus Program, Continuing Education, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Long Hours, Insurance Rates Seem High
Family Spirit!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2018
Associa truly embodies the Company Values - Family Spirit, Customer Service, Integrity & Accountability, Loyalty, and Innovation & Improvement. The value that is ever present in all of our locations is Family Spirit! The team goes above and beyond to support one another professional and personally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associa. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight