Associa Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Associa is a great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. I have been promoted several times in my three years with the company. I truly believe that Associa strives to create a great work environment for employees and does reinforce the "family spirit" concept.
Pros
Lots of morale oriented events, challenging work, great work environment
Better places to work elsewhere. Do your research!
Administrative Office Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Very catty environment, they are constantly in lack of funds for minimum supplies. Very disorganized system. They have lots to improve. I would not recommend anyone working here.
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 10, 2019
My building is on major concrete and balcony restoration.
I`m busy from the time I come in till I get to go home.
I have learned a lot since they started this project.
I`m looking forward to see this project completed.
Pros
Got to learn about balcony restoration.
Cons
Busy, Busy.
Fast paced
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
It was a fast paced atmosphere, there was not enough support staff to assist with management roles. Too many properties placed on one manager, especially if there were demanding communities that needed more attention than others.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 18, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers. They made the work hours go by very quickly.

The company does offer certificates from Richland College for Excel Spreadsheets, Outlook, etc.
Assistant H.O.A manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 13, 2018
I didn't have the best work experience at Associa. But that more so is a reflection of the management I had. They were not understanding really at all.
Driven, committed, focused vision that has created a 'great place to work' environment and growing.
Branch President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasDecember 3, 2018
It is not often that you can go to work for a company that paints a really strong picture of all the wonderful things they are going to promote and then they actually follow thru in all senses working hard to make them all come true. Associa has and continues to do this with great focus and efforts on all fronts. When leadership asks a question or asks how things are going and gets the feedback, they not only listen but make changes! This is the true sign of a team that gets and has IT! If you have career aspirations, they create a path for you to follow to help realize your dreams. They are not perfect but try perfectly hard to always be as close to that as possible always owning what they have done right or wrong. The Culture continues to change with the help from all of us. It starts at the top and we are blessed to have great leadership from our team that also gives us the support to create the environment we are driving for in such a wonderful place to work. We are a family of people who care and truly make you feel like family. The level of care that we see is like no other company I have ever worked with. May it ever be!
Pros
Promotes work life balance. Cares and listens to the employees. A company you can truly trust.
Cons
Healthcare, but so are most companies out there and they continue to work on making it better.
Daily Work
IT Support / CCI Enforcer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 15, 2018
Every day you could do things that help the company move forward and nobody knows it. They only look to see if you did some items that was not important to the daily operations. Too many people standing around talking non work related items and nothing gets done
Pros
Parking provided.
Cons
Nobody knows who gets things done
A good place for new graduate student
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2018
Fun culture, treated like a family, lots of room to grow. Management is nice and care about their employees. The only concern is the pay and benefit is not really good.
Pros
Fun family culture
Cons
Medical plan
Not a bad place to work
Delinquency Specialst II - QC Auditor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 31, 2018
Not a bad place to work at. Has a lot of fun things that we do here which makes it family oriented. It's like any other job you work at with it's ups and downs.

Want to know more about Associa?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Legum & NormanOctober 30, 2018
I have loved working for Legum & Norman (an Associa company) since starting here in 2017. The office and its staff provide for a wonderful work environment, and I enjoy my job daily. My immediate manager is wonderful- the best I've ever had.

My only criticisms are that:
- The extended, non-immediate management leaves a lot to be desired, and
- I wish management would stand by Associa's strict rules about smoke breaks.
Pros
Great environment, supportive co-workers
Very Little Support
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2018
There is very little training for any of the departments here, and if you are in operations, you will not receive the support from your supervisor. You will be reprimanded and demoted without being given any facts behind it. Upper management does not share details of goals for the company, but you are expected to deliver anyway. The Dallas office has so many problems of turnover, no one can learn the job before leaving. There are unrealistic expectations of the Community Managers and other departments as well. Very poorly run company.
Productive and a great environment to work around
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at work. There is no such thing. Every day there is something different to come into. I have 3 managers and am on two committees. I cannot say my days are always the same. Thank the Lord.

My managers always acknowledge me for my good work as well as I do to them. I have now been here for two years and I pretty much learn something new each day with each program we use. I chose to improve my knowledge because one day (soon) I will be a manager. I would like to know that I have become a great impact on our company. I tell everyone internal/external how great working for ASSOCIA is. We know we are not just an employee but family.

I would have to say the hardest part of the job is, well I can try to rewrite this sentence a million times but I guess I can't really say. I am a positive person and strive to have good days at work no matter how many curve balls are thrown. The MOST enjoyable part of working for my job is knowing I can go to anyone here in the office to talk to. Weather it is work related or my own personal matters. Everyone here are all great, intelligent and caring people.
Productive and Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2018
The support that I have received from my Manager is invaluable. She has been a great mentor and an inspiring person to work with. I Have learn so much as well as she has let me implement my own ideas and together we have made a great team. The staff litle by little has been settle down, this is a start up so we been having a lot of new employees. But after one year I think now we have a great housekeeping team, a great front desk team and we support each other. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some residents that have very very very bad manners. I feel happy coming to work every day.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
salary and time off
Great Culture
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAOctober 15, 2018
There is a lot of teamwork but a lot of demand. The culture of all upper management really thrives on positivity for the better of every employee. The hardest part of the job was working with other temps who didn't take their jobs seriously. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together for meetings and deadlines.
Associa Hawaii Certified Management
Director of Maui Operations (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HIOctober 11, 2018
Associa purchased Certified management, a small Hawaii based company. There was a lot of issue with the turnover process including delays in software and equipment. Overall Associa handled the merge very well. After the merge Associa purchased another management company and then merged them into Associa Hawaii.
Pros
Salary and benefits package
Cons
employee turnover
Amazing Team & work Family DRM Associa
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 3, 2018
I am very happy I made the decision to leave my prior job after 12 years to join the DRM Associa team. From day one the team made you feel right at home and appreciated. I feel the executive team keeps you very well informed.

Everyone goes out of their way to help each other.

I look forward to many years with DRM Associa.
Pros
ability to work remotely
Associa / drm
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 2, 2018
Assoica/DRM is a very special place to work they are like family to us all.
I have never met a better President and Controller in my career. Love them both.
I am an assistant general manager, I have been in property management for almost 9 years. I love my career. This is a position that will never let you sit still. Which i crave.
The homeowners keep me on my toes, since i have always been onsite and this is where I belong. I am a people person so this job is a perfect fit for me.
Glad to be a part of this team.
Pros
Atmosphere
It matters who you know.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2018
We were recently blind-sided by a leadership change and realized that our opinions and feelings were never truly valued. Now, we've been cut out of all decisions and often find out about changes after they happen. There is no longer a "leadership team", just one leader. Our pillar of "family values" only serves one family (and it's not the branch or the team here). We don't feel supported by corporate leadership, because they orchestrated this change. Luckily, the remaining members of our team are committed to our branch and to each other. It's making all of this disappointment a little easier to handle. It's a shame because we've all spent many years here and our faith in the company has really been shaken.
Pros
Fast-paced
Cons
Cronyism, Nepotism, Hypocrisy
Great company to grow with and very respectful of all
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 1, 2018
I have been with Associa for over a year now and I feel that this is a great company to grow with. They are very proactive about career pathing and will help you out every step of the way. They offer health, vision and dental benefits, gym membership reimbursement, 401K, phone plan discounts and many other benefits that I have not yet utilized. I also feel very respected at this company. Our leadership team's doors are always open and they want to hear your opinions and thoughts. All of the employees in our office are very professional.
Pros
benefits, relaxed environment, lots of free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associa. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight