Associa Employee Reviews

Fast paced company but liked current staff
Finance Controller (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 21, 2019
Local cultured company, employees are great to work with. Just wish that changes would slow down in order to have employees adapt to changes in order to provide excellent services.

Still too many turn overs with staff.
Supportive, quick paced and exciting place to work.
Director of Community Management (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 9, 2019
I am about to celebrate 4 years with Associa and have so many good things to say about it. While the Community Manager role is NOT easy and certainly not right for everyone, with the right training and dedication it's a flexible and rewarding career. Associa has made strides to provide additional support and training to incoming Assistant CAMs and CAMs to overall reduce stress and burnout of employees. The culture is unparalleled - the family spirit, supportive atmosphere and free lunches (hey, everyone loves food!) is most appreciated. Good for those who want a family environment, are dedicated and committed to providing excellent service and are not afraid to ask questions and go outside their comfort zone.
Pros
lunch and learns, working from home, supportive environment, training, continuing education
Cons
Expensive benefits
Fun place to work
Title Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 6, 2019
Great place to work family spirit we value our clients and understand that their success is our success our hard work will be the mark of our devotion.
i enjoy the people the most
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 6, 2019
i've been here almost 2 years now & i can definitely say that it's never really a dull day here. the people are awesome & the day can go by pretty quick which is nice. management is very flexible with allowing us time off to handle any personal things in our lives, & they're always open to hearing any issues we may be having. they like to schedule non-work related events to help keep the work spirit alive in the office. advancement is encouraged so it's a great place to grow if you're looking to further your career. the job isn't hard if you manage to stay organized, otherwise you will fall behind & find yourself overwhelmed quickly.

the only downfall i've come across with associa, are the healthcare benefits, the rates can be a bit high for what's offered.
Pros
flexible, opportunity for growth, diverse, great work environment
Cons
healthcare benefits could be better
Never a dull moment!
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
Today I celebrate my 13 year 'workiversary' in community management. My company was acquired by Associa 4 years ago and I took a leap of faith and relocated to the Home Office in Dallas 1.5 years ago from a branch I called home for 11.5 years. I am so thankful for the opportunities that Associa has provided to me and my family. The pace is fast and you need to work hard to succeed, but the rewards make it worth it and the career path in front of you is what you make it. Great place to work and fantastic people to work with.
Low morale, stress, burnout
Administration/Front desk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 5, 2019
Corporate HQ in Dallas, TX - policy & procedures don't necessarily work in other states. HQ is above all focused on acquiring new Management companies. Top heavy growth with little consideration as to the needs of branches across the country. Yearly employee reviews set you up to fail. 4 points being the best review, but no one ever gets 4 points because there's always room for improvement. 3=satisfactory performance. 2= needs improvement. 1= unsatisfactory. Corporate automatically deducts a point, based on suspicion of inflated reviews by supervisors. So 'satisfactory' becomes 'needs improvement' and therefore reflects poorly on someone who shows up, does their work, helps others and tries to uphold whatever good reputation their company had prior to acquisition by Associa. Lots of burnout among overworked departments, which leads to poor quality of service and major oversights, such as not paying utility bills and power being shut off for an entire 150 home community. Or misplacement of funds into wrong accounts. It's basically a train wreck.
Pros
No working weekends
Cons
Too many to count
Being a Community Manager
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2019
I have been a community manager for over 10+ years now and the position can often times be stressful & demanding when emergencies or if clients are unhappy but overall its a great job that is never the same. The position is flexible with balancing work & family, some days can be longer than others but overall consistently great.

You work with a variety of vendors, board members, co-workers, homeowners and city officials ensuring every project and homeowner experience is a great one.
Pros
Option to work from home several days a week and an always changing work schedule
Cons
The pay is lower than other similar companies, benefits for the family get expensive
Code enforcement is an excellent opportunity.
Code Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2019
As a code enforcement specialist with them, you'll spend a lot of time driving either your personal vehicle or the company vehicle to conduct routine inspections throughout various communities from Vail to Marana. It's an excellent chance to meet the friendly homeowners in these communities and answer various questions they have by referring them to the main office. Expectations from management were always clear.
Your schedule is always prepared up to a month in advance and you're never unsure where to go and what to do. Benefits and wages were both very competitive.
There are essentially no negatives to report regarding the work here, in the rare case something isn't working right with the company provided vehicle or cell phone, feedback is always taken seriously and issues are resolved immediately.
You may find it difficult to advance in this specific position, but if you have experience in another field and find another position at the company may be a good fit for you, it's as simple as asking about it in order to get the information you need to succeed.
Pros
Full 40 hours per week.
Cons
None!
Nice enough
Covenants (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2019
Fast paced, a lot of work for low pay. Nice people, but I got a better job with higher pay and unfortunately had to leave. I would've stayed if I were paid more
Pros
Frequent food, Pto
Cons
Very low pay that's not adjusted for COL- make the same in metropolitan DC area as in Dallas
Toxic within
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2019
I was so happy to have gone into the Associa-Prescott world. I did not know that it was rotting on the inside. The VP at the branch I was hired at had no inter personal skills and no leadership qualities. We all learned on our own and got in trouble for trying to help one another. It is a terrible environment.
Pros
Not retail
Cons
No actual management.
I would not hesitate to recommend our company to any candidates interested in any open positions.
Community Association Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Account (property) assignments initially were too high to allow optimum coverage for emails and required inspections; this was related to the fact there was higher than normal staff turnover in the first six months at the office, but has shown strong improvement the last six months; new hire training could be improved; meeting management is good, one staff meeting per week and allows staff rest of the week for routine schedule; performance reviews seem to not be consistently practiced; corporate has excellent attitude about balancing work and family; corporate consistently thanks staff for what staff does; the office atmosphere is, each line manager is responsible for his book of business and is allowed and responsible for managing the business;
Alot of turn over
Accountant II (Contracting) (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2019
Alot of turn over in my short time there 6 people seperated employment with them.A large amount of work placed on one person that 4 people used to do. Controller went on vacation the first week I started and then 2 weeks later was gone for 2 more weeks. They have people train you to do a job that they don't do and then your told your doing it wrong.Alot of bouncing around on training as there is always issues with the computer softwear do to virus issues. To process 1 invoice it needs to be keyed into account softwear, then to you drive, uploaded to Dousign, Once approved/denied you need to up load the same invoice again to a Temp drive and into accounting softwear and mark for payment. Then upload it again into a system called Box.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Working from home means 10-20 hour over 40 hours
Good benefits, lousy pay
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2019
Associa offers great benefit plans such as Benefits Plus, but only if you take advantage of it. If only the pay matched the job description. It's way too low. It's a fun job if you like helping people but sometimes those people you are trying to help can be a bit unfriendly.
Pros
Benefits Plus
Cons
low pay
Horrible training and management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 22, 2019
I worked there for a short while and there was absolute horrible training. I went in at my 45 day point and asked how I was doing, what I need to work on and what I was doing well. I was told by management that I was "doing very well", "its going to take a long time to know this job" and the "I am going at the right pace".

One week later human resources came and fired me on the spot. Said " I wasn't where they wanted me to be at 45 days", I looked over at my manager and asked for an explanation and was given NOTHING!!!

I cannot believe they would not have come to be if there was an issue and given me time to correct it. Given me additional training if needed. Given me feedback. Asked me to take continuing education courses on my own time. Maybe instead of being trained in by watching my manager, but actually having me do the task!

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. They fired my before my 60 days for a reason. So I couldn't collect unemployment. They are shady, management lies, and training is ridiculous!
Pros
Education from Vendors during lunch
Cons
Lack of training, no trust with management as they lie to your face
Great workplace and support
Community Association Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 18, 2019
As a Community Association Manager, my day is comprised of emails and following up with Board Members, co-owners, and vendors. No two day is a like and it's never a dull day. I have enjoyed the past year at Associa and look forward to many more.

The co-workers at my office are definitely great people to work with and make it enjoyable to come into work everyday.
Weird History
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale FloridaJanuary 16, 2019
Unfortunately, even though I think Associa is probably a very good management company. Due to our situation on our property we are not allowed to have any relationship with Associa at all. This is why I cannot give them a proper review regarding management. I wish we were able to have a relationship with Associa. My typical workday starts at 5:30 AM with my daily logs inspecting all of the major equipment checking amp loads, motor temperatures, discharge pressures, suction pressures. What makes this job difficult in our building is the lack of management and leadership.
Pros
Great Building
Cons
Lack of Leadership and Management
Great Place to Work
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Associa is a great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. I have been promoted several times in my three years with the company. I truly believe that Associa strives to create a great work environment for employees and does reinforce the "family spirit" concept.
Pros
Lots of morale oriented events, challenging work, great work environment
Better places to work elsewhere. Do your research!
Administrative Office Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Very catty environment, they are constantly in lack of funds for minimum supplies. Very disorganized system. They have lots to improve. I would not recommend anyone working here.
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 10, 2019
My building is on major concrete and balcony restoration.
I`m busy from the time I come in till I get to go home.
I have learned a lot since they started this project.
I`m looking forward to see this project completed.
Pros
Got to learn about balcony restoration.
Cons
Busy, Busy.
Fast paced
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
It was a fast paced atmosphere, there was not enough support staff to assist with management roles. Too many properties placed on one manager, especially if there were demanding communities that needed more attention than others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associa. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight